Old 08-13-2007, 10:25 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad- if those 17 flights of stairs count as exercise I'm sure count the 20 I go up and down every couple of hours.

Happy--didn't realize there was a meteor shower last night. I did notice the red star and constellations. It's been so long I can't name them now. Congrats on those 5 pounds lost.

Mel--Stock up on good food only.

Carla and Holly--Hello

I'm ashamed of myself right now. I've been using fitday.com to log my food. The amount of food I've eaten today is dispicable. (That's probably miss spelled.) To top it off most of it was after I got home.
I keep saying that I'll start over but it always ends up the same.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:58 AM   #92  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hello Shad

I see your little egg light on. Peeking about during your lunch while I'm getting ready to hit the pillow extra hard.

Had a good swim tonight - a real honest work out. DH needed to mow the lawn so I did my 30 minute routine and then got out and went and did some weeding in the garden while waiting for him. Was trying to sweep the patio too but new baby woodpecker was insisting that it was his supper time so I deferred to him for a bit. DH got finished and jumped in the pool for a (not so) cool off swim. I just stayed waist deep and did some leg stretches while talking to him.

We were supposed to have grilled steak on a bed of salad but it was well after 7:30 when we got out of the pool. I wasn't up for the time to make a chopped salad so we had sandwiches. I am embarrassed to admit I threw all that hard work away on a stupid bologna sandwich. Now I have not had a bologna sandwich in maybe 5 years? Well before we moved down here for sure. I was horrified when I tallied up the WW points. Even with all my exercise points I am over for the day.

So Ceejay - I can understand about a bad eating day. Let's just both agree to start over fresh tomorrow, ok? BTW - the red "star" was Mars. I got away from the stargazing and have to brush up on my constellations again too. I was the spotter - I'd find the constellations and the celestial objects and DH would align the telescope and then try and zoom in the nebula and things. But even with a 10 inch telescope, we still had a hard time finding things. Got to find us a house on a nice, dark, beach to retire to. Oh wait - then I'd be worry about bears and aliens popping out of the woods. Ok, maybe a house with a nice, dark beach ON a nice high deck

Poor DH. He saw my bologna and asked if he could have a sandwich. I bought just enough sliced for exactly 2 sandwiches and said sure. Help me eat this. But alas, he likes really thick bologna and mine wasn't up to par. I left him longing for a bologna sandwich of his own. He went out to the fridge to get a cool drink and came back with a bottle and asked if he could have one of my cherry Cokes. I said no and he screwed up his face - before I could get the words out - it's DIET COKE. Then he not only screwed his face up but stuck his tongue out to his knees. I said I'll bring you one from work tomorrow. A real non diet Cherry Coke. Gosh I hope they have the non diet version

Do people REALLY appreciate what they have in the organizer/counselor/mentor that you are at work Shad? Probably not How sad that mentoring is a lost art. But it is good of you to look after them. Now I know where I'm headed if DH checks out of this world ahead of me - I'm going to live with you and Mel Oh no, wait. You would probably not let me eat baloney and would make me do 100 laps in the pool and Mel would be sitting there egging you on

Or maybe we'd just get a bottle of wine and be happy

In any event, send some rain here Shad - we are in dire need of some. I hear it may rain next week but probably in spots and skip our town altogether.

Have fun shopping Mel. Eat clean. I'm sure your body needs some calming stuff for a while. No hootchiekootchiemama cooking this week, ok?

Did you make the ratatouille Ruth? Probably better for you than the eggplant parmesan that I would have turned that lovely batch of veggies into

Ok, here it is 4 minutes to midnight and I was supposed to get up at 5 tomorrow for an early start. I don't do well on 6 hours of sleep anymore much less 5. Such good intentions have I... might not have much time to post in the morning and I'm going to a softball game tomorrow night (Lord don't let it get to the 106 they are predicting). I'll try and get back her later. Happy two for Tuesday.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:55 AM   #93  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ALL THIS GOOD ADVICE TO EAT CLEAN AND BUY GOOD FOODS AND I HAVE THE WRONG BUS AND THE WRONG DRIVER WE'RE GOING THURS OR FRIDAY INSTEAD.
MAYBE JUST AS WELL BECAUSE BY THEN I CAN GET A LIST OF THINGS JEN COULD USE ALSO. SHE WAS TOO TIRED LAST NIGHT TO THINK SO I DIDN'T ASK HER.
LOVELY DAY SO FAR. I WANT TO GET OUT BEFORE THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY START. MAILED THE LETTER TO THE BANK. WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS. THE CHECKBOOK IS A MESS AND I HAVE NO ACCOUNTING SKILLS! CE LA VIE!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY
HAPPY TUESDAY

SHAD~ GOOD THING THEY HAVE YOU OR THIS BABY THAT'S COMING WOULDN'T KNOW WHO HIS DAD IS!! IF THEY HAD YOU HERE, THEY COULD FIRE EVERYONE ELSE AND YOU COULD RUN THE WHOLE SHEBANG AND I COULD RETIRE BUT THEN AGAIN THIS TOWN PAYS THE LEAST AMOUNT POSSIBLE
EVEN THE PART-TIME MAYOR ONLY GETS ABOUT 10,000 STAY DRY AND BUY A JIGSAW PUZZLE TO KEEP YOU COMPANY!!

HAPPY~ WHO HAS BEEN BUSILY HER LITTLE HEART OUT!! I GET CRAVINGS FOR BOLOGNA AND LIVERWURST. LAST WEEK WAS THE WURST ON A HARD ROLL WITH MAYO AND A COKE! I USED TO LOVE CHERRY COKE. HOPE YOU FIND THE REGULAR FOR THE DH. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THEY MADE THAT SUGAR-FREE!
LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT THE DH'S AND HIS TONGUE DOWN TO HIS KNEES...I GOT ALL EXCITED

CEEJAY~ THOSE STAIRS WILL KEEP YOU YOUNG AND HEART HEALTHY!! THEY SHOULD COUNT FOR SOMETHING! TODAY IS A NEW DAY MY FRIEND. PUT YESTERDAY BEHIND YOU AND DON'T FRET. IT'S OVER AND DONE.
HAVE A GREAT DAY TODAY!!

NAE~ I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOUR MOOSE STORY LAST NIGHT IN BED. I USED TO LOVE THE TV SHOW NORTHERN EXPOSURE JUST TO SEE THE SKINNY MOOSE IN THE BEGINNING AND THE ANIMALS IN THE SHOW. YOU REALLY HAVE HAD SOME WONDERFUL EXPERIENCES AND GREAT SIGHTS IN YOUR "TRAVELS"..... I FORGOT TO SAY THIS YESTERDAY. THE MAMA COMING BACK WITH HER BABIES TO SAY GOODBYE WAS A TREASURE IN ITSELF. GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE.

TO ALL THE CHICKS!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:34 AM   #94  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. We have a whiff of Alaska here this morning with temps about 50ºF when i woke up. August always gives us a hint of fall in the mornings - nice and fresh! Now we need rain as everything is bone dry after no rain since July 21.

All the crap and corruption surrounding me last week seems to be resolving itself. Lucy is still wheezing - maybe not as badly - but we are off to Ottawa tomorrow. I really would like to know what's causing the problem.

I have eggplant slices baking for a casserole and need to go. Back later if I get a breather.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:48 AM   #95  
Happy September

GOOD LUCKL MISS RUTH. HOPE YOU GET A DEFINITIVE ANSWER

WAS JUST TALKING TO A FRIEND AND I FORGOT TO TELL YOU....FRIDAY I TOLD THE OFFICE I CANNOT DO ANY PC WORK OR EYE STUFF...READING ETC. I ALSO FOUND THE LAST OF THE RELATIVES AND TOLD THEM I CAN NO LONGER DO "MOM'S" PAPERWORK. SHOWED THEM HOW IT'S DONE AND THAT'S THE END OF THAT. I ALSO LEFT MY OTHER DIET WEBSITE AND SENT PM'S TO THEM ALL. SOME DIDN'T TAKE IT VERY WELL BUT WTF. IT'S MY LIFE AND MY DECISION. THE MT PROGRAM IS GOOD BUT I HAVE LEARNED ALL I CAN FROM THEM. MY BODY IS CHANGING AND SO IS MY JOURNEY. IT'S JUST ALL ABOUT HEALTH AND KEEPING GOING. I HAVE TO MAKE NEW PRIORITIES NOW AND SAVE MY EYES FOR WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO ME. FEELING GOOD ABOUT TAKING SOME POSITIVE STEPS AT A TIME WHEN OTHER THINGS ARE FALLING AROUND ME OK THAT'S ENOUGH BS FOR ONE DAY
Old 08-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #96  
Radiate self!

Default Tuesday

We are out of tea... subsequently I had a dream about a tea museum I think it was a residual memory from something I saw on a travel show, loose tea only, the teabag was invented because of television, ruined tea time and proper tea making forever... yes my mind does whirl around. I almost took my eye out with the vacuum cord, canister vacuum, retractable cord, I pulled it while leaning over the machine and whoop it flew back at me, I reeled back and the plug got my arm instead... Beware! the biggest dangers lurk at home Saw a bit of the meteor shower on Sunday night, like something out of starwars with them whoosing across the sky. It was 11pm and the kids and I stood at the window for about 1/2 an hour.

Mel- wow, I hope you are feeling more empowered now and that everything comes back together nicely. I guess suing the government with their endless supply of money would be fruitless but it must be frustrating. Kind of wish the watchdog/television folks could do a story and shame them a bit. Have you been getting any lovely peaches from the store? We are living on them here.

Shad-"Geez another day has gone past and not a lot achieved." pfft, that is me everyday You achieve more in one day, than I can hope to get happening in a week. Made me smile to think of you going through the checkout at the airport with a suitcase full of spices. Have they ever questioned you? This oregano or something else?!

Happy-baloney is one of my daughter's favorites. I don't buy it anymore and she is a bit wistful about it. I occasionally buy her some beer sausage slices from the deli. I am hoping then that they will not have my problems with craving the preservatives. We have been in the pool. Don't you love the smell of chlorine and suntan lotion?

Ruth-you need to write all this stuff down and get a play or book happening. I don't envy you having to deal with it all first hand though, a bit of time and maybe you can laugh Hard to believe.

Ceejay-"dispicable" I could hear Daffy Duck's voice when I read that word. You know that the slips happen, it is the getting back to it that you need to remember, forget the slip. You know beating yourself up for it will lead to depression and Oreo cookies...

Carla-I'm sure your being there with your SM is a comfort to her. It is so nice when you are feeling bad to have someone to wait on you a bit and ask how you are feeling. You are doing good.

Holly-Hi, hope the busy stuff allows you a bit of time for some summer relaxing and breathing.

Nae-isn't it nice when nature/animals comes close enough for us to really see and appreciate them? I've been sitting on my swing out back and watching the hummingbirds come to the butterfly bush. The butterflies have been hanging on the window screens soaking up the heat. It is a lovely calm feeling to see them. Even the bumble bees are making me smile.
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #97  

Mel-- Wow,you are taking control of your actions. I fully understand about the eyesight. I'm hoping that my sister doesn't go completely blind from the retinitispigmentosa that she is dealing with right now.

Ruth--Send some of the 50 degree temps this way please. We are under a heat advisory. Give Lucy some extra tlc.

Happy--How could you deprive your hubby from a sandwich! Enjoy your swim.

Meadow- I'll share my tea. It's Lipton tea bags, decaffinated.

Thanks for understanding my big slip with food yesterday. I did ride the stamina bike to burn an extra 400 calories but goodness all the fat I put into my mouth yesterday was a bit unnerving. I'm supposed to be eating heart healthy.

The electrical department has been on curtailment since 2 p.m. this afternoon. The generators are next door the the water plant and they sure are putting off a yucky smell. I was also sitting here mindinig my own business watching the outside camera's and thought to myself the sun is sure lower than normal. Then it happened again oopsie, I called Tim and told him that a pole is on fire out back. He came over here to look and finally spotted a blown fuse. It didn't take the line man but just a few seconds to refuse it.

I'm having to get up every 10 minutes to check the gauges. It's hot and the people are using water big time.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:07 PM   #98  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Wednesday again

morning all
It's grey and cool and drizzly here today - we actually had 3 days of no rain or not much rain and clear skies and sun. Now it is all back to grey again. Bah humbug!

Ceejay - once in a while we must have a blow out. In fact it is not a bad idea to schedule one into the food week or fortnight or month. Whatever floats your boat. I had one friend who lost heaps of weight and she had a pact with herself that on a Wednesday night she could eat as much as she wanted of the bad stuff, fish and chips, pizza, KFC or McD's. She said that after a month or two of eating right, she didn't really even want the bad stuff much and consequently cut the proportions of that right back. Give yourself permission to have a bad day once in a while. That goes for Happy as well. Fail to plan = plan to fail.

Happy - that poor DH of yours. First you promise steak and salad and then you don't even make him a baloney sandwich! or give him a coke
However, good for you on the workout. Swimming is really good for toning the muscles and making you look sleeker. Is 100 laps of the pool such a bad thing.

Mel, I'll come and work for your place provided you pay me $60K and give me a place to live and promise not to make me use the taxi cabs!!! Other than that no way. I'd even look after your cheque book

Ruth - glad to hear that Lucy is improving, poor wee girl. That eggplant casserole sounds nice - what else is in it? Just about the only thing I do with eggplant is cut it up into rounds, coat it in a lime and chilli spice powder and grill it until it is dry and almost crisp. Then I use them for snacks when I get ravenous just before dinner.

Meadow - it could be interesting at the security gate - exploding oregano but I pack them plastic and then in the containers in a hard sided suitcase and put them in the hold. Not had any problems with that yet, although one jar of cinnamon got loose once and everything in the case had a really nice smell. Wonder what the baggage handlers thought of that?? Probably wouldn't go anywhere near it because they might have been accused of interfering with baggage. I don't lock the bags, if they want to have a look they are welcome. I mean who want's to nick turmeric, curry powder and baking powder. Come on..... most of these blokes won't know how to spell turmeric must less what to do with it.

Carla - Hope you are tuning in to all this excitement. We miss you but understand the dilemma you are in. Hope all is well.

Better go. Oh Meadow, thanks for the kind words on achievement. I really don't think I am that much of an achiever. However since I always have to work to deadlines, I guess I have to be a bit organised. I go over the top from time to time.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:06 PM   #99  

Hi all. I do try to check in and read what's what, but really don't get a chance to post. Can't tie up the phone line during the day, and tonight some
idiots sent me emails that took 50 minutes to download. Really!
Being here is bringing out all the worst in my character, and all the worst in the SM's. Next to no sleep since I arrived, and my blood pressure is probably something else.
Gotta go. I'll try to get back on tomorrow, am hoping to get away on Thursday, although I have a bad feeling... I'm so grateful to my lovely neighbour at home who not only cares for the cats on a moment's notice, but actually sleeps at my place so they won't be lonely. Not to mention agreeing to pray for me to find patience and compassion.
Sorry if this is a downer.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:31 AM   #100  
Choose your hard

Hey chicks,

First let me set the record straight before you hit me with baloneys. I OFFERED to give DH the rest of the bologna slices but he REFUSED when he saw that I had the thin sliced ones. (Geez 3 slices as thick as he likes it is about a pound - I figure if I am going to eat bologna I'll make it as thin as possible to minimize the damage). And as for the Cherry Coke - he was more than welcome to take one of the Coke Zero's but I was just sparing him the suffering I brought him home 2 bottles of the real stuff just for him today. So there - don't you feel bad for hounding me

Carla - don't be apologizing there. Gosh if you can't come here for a little comfort then what good are we? It is hard dealing with someone who's elderly, stubborn, sick and probably mad at the world for being that way and looking for a good whipping girl (you). You are a sweetie for leaving your kitties and taking up the cause to take care of her. When I get old and frail I sure hope I have a Carla in my life. It's good too to have friends who will come and take care of the house for you. That's what I hate about living here in Memphis. So hard to make friends. But mostly, if there was an emergency, I'm not sure I'd have anyone to lean on here. It feels quite lonely at times. Anyway you are a good soul. I would ship you the Aerobed air mattress but they give us such a hassle sending things up and over the borders. Even if I included a picture of your poor tired face they would not believe me... Hang in there kiddo. Who luvs yah baby???? WE DO

So Shad - considering all the rain you're getting where you're at right now, are you still suffering from the drought back home? I tell people you have to use laundry water to water your garden and they are like We take for granted alot of things in this land of plenty.

Hey kids. Tomorrow is the candlelight vigil at Graceland. 30 year anniversary of his death. They are expecting at least 100,000 people in the area. I'm sure the criminal elements that live in the area are just over themselves with excitement for the ripe pickings. I'll bet that people are lined up and camping out there already. I suppose a part of me says that there is something to be said for being a part of a much greater thing. But no way would I go into those crowds. I know people have looked down their noses at those who gather but hey - as long as they are peaceful and having a good time, who are we to judge?

And with that I will bid you all a good night. Besides Shad of course - what's for lunch?
Old 08-15-2007, 02:07 AM   #101  

I had the most delicious lunch at an organic cafe. Mushroom and eggplant lasagne with a spinach salad and a bean salad - or should I say has beens. I also bought a slice of organic almond and orange cake for afters. But it wasn't as good as it looked.
There has been a lot of publicity about the 30th anniversary of HIS death over here. Releasing some new compilation albums as well. Elvis was voted 'sexiest man alive' ???? in one magazine on the bookshelves this month. Needless to say such trivia stayed on the bookshelf!

Rain??? No rain in Brisbane or the South East corner. Southern WA is celebrating because it has had average rainfall for the past two months. We are still watering, or not watering as the case may be from the laundry and shower.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:32 AM   #102  
Happy September

MEADOW~ SHALL WE SEND A SUPPLY OF TEA UP TO YOU? ARE YOU BEING HELD PRISONER IN THE ABODE AND CANNOT GET TO A STORE? WE'LL COME AND RESCUE YOU BRINGING LOTS OF ASSORTED TEAS....HERBAL?
SO GLAD SOMEONE GOT TO SEE THE METEOR SHOWER. HERE NEAR THE CITY YOU'RE LUCKY IF YOU SE ONE STAR! THE PEACHES ARE NICE HERE BUT NOT WHAT YOU GET ELSEWHERE....CANTALOUPES and plums ABOUND RIGHT NOW AND THE BLUEBERRIES IN AUGUST WERE DIVINE FUNNY ABOUT THE DREAM...SOMETIMES I WISH THERE WAS AN ON AND OFF SWITCH FOR MY HEAD AT NIGHT !!!

CEEJAY~ GOOD THING YOU WERE SITTING AND MINDING SOMEONE'S BUSINESS AND SAW THE POLE!!! THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON OVER THERe HUH? NEVER A DULL MOMENT! BUT DO NOT FEAR OUR CJ IS ON THE JOB!!!! IT SEEMS TO BE A STRANGE SUMMER FILLED WITH STRANGE EVENTS!

SHAD~ THE LUNCH SOUNDED GREAT. DROOLED THE ENTIRE TIME I READ IT. THE MONEY WOULD BE NO PROBLEM....ONE OF THE BOSSES GET'S THAT AND SHE DOESN'T HAVE MUCH TO DO FORGET THE TAXIS AND WE'LL GET YOU A CAR AND YOU ARE WELCOME TO MY CHECKBOOK!! I'LL EVEN FOLLOW A BUDGET!!! nNOW BACK TO THE REAL WORLD: TOO BAD ABOUT THE GREY DAYS. BUT LASAGNA LIKE THAT WOULD MAKE ME SHINE INSIDE! STAY STRONG...I HAVE A FEELING YOU WILL NEED THE STRENGTH TO GET THRU THIS JOB. EXPECIALLY WITH A NEW FATHER-TO-BE as for elvis...the sexiest man alive must be when he was making all those movies and wiggling his hips on the old ed sullivan show. women and girls were fainting around the world! (oops lost my caps) IT CERTAINLY COULDN'T HAVE BEEN LATER WHEN HE BLEW UP LIKE A BALLOON AND COULDN'T BREATHE!!

CARLA~ SO SORRY THIS IS SUCH A TRIAL. I CAN IMAGINE HOW IT MUST BE GOING AS THE FEELINGS BEFORE IT ALL HAPPENED WEREN'T THAT GOOD!! WE WILL ALL SEND HUGS AND PRAYERS FOR YOU AND HOPE YOU GET SOME SLEEP. CAN YOU GET HER A HOMEMAKER? NOT SURE WHAT YOU CALL THEM UP THERE. GOOD LUCK. STAY AS CALM AS YOU CAN!!

HAPPY~ I AM RELIEVED TO HEAR THE DH GOT HIS SODA!! POOR GUY! NOW I AM THINKING I SHOULD BUY SOME BOLOGNA TOMORROW. IT USED TO BE JEN'S FAVORITE LUNCH AND I WOULD STEAL SOME.
I SOMETIMES FEEL SORRY FOR THOSE THAT CAMP OUTSIDE STAR'S HOMES OR THE GRAVEYARD ON THE ANNIVERSARIES OF THEIR DEATHS. I CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND THEIR FERVOR. THERE WERE MANY I MISS BUT STILL...... THE CABLE TV HAS HIS FILMS GOING AND SOME OF THEM WERE FUNNY. MUCH BETTER THAN RAMBO VIOLENCE!! LOL MAYBE 3FC NEEDS AN ELVIS SMILEY!!!

I SPOKE TO JEN AND SHE ARRIVED SAFE AND SOUND. I WAS A WEE BIT WORRIED THE TRIP WAS TOO MUCH FOR HER. SHE CALLED FROM THE AIRPORT..SHE COULDN'T FIND RICHIE! THEY WERE 10 GATES APART AND BECAUSE HE HAD NO PAPERS, WAS NOT ALLOWED INSIDE. THANK GOD FOR CELL PHONES. HE FOUND A PAYPHONE AND CALLED HER. ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL I GUESS. WITH THE KIDS BACK HOME SOME DRAMA SHOULD END NOW TILL NEXT YEAR.
NOTHING MUCH NEW HERE. SOME TIME WITH JEN IF SHE WAKES UP. NOT GOING OUT TODAY...THE AIR SMELLS YUCKY THIS MORNING WHEN I OPENED THE WINDOW. THERE IS MUCH THAT CAN KEEP MY DEVILSH HANDS BUSY RIGHT HERE IN THE BLDG.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY
Old 08-15-2007, 09:02 AM   #103  
Choose your hard

Did you say Elvis smilie?

Meadow - am rushing you out an emergency tea package. DH will be glad to open the cabinet and not see 27 boxes sitting there tightly packed in. In fact, let's all have a tea party with the chicks.

We have good peaches down here and the blueberries were quite good (although our early spring frost killed off much of those crops in the local area). The cantaloupes I've tried so far have been rather yukky. They are big and huge (sort of like mushmelons) and very bland in flavor.

I had a VERY BAD eating day yesterday - just little bits of things that added up to one nasty day - so I'll be taking fresh sliced peaches and some blueberries to munch on for a snack. And 10 bottles of water. Supposed to be 106 here today. The weather is making the news. Feel sorry for all those folks standing out at Graceland. Of course if most of them are from the south they are used to this.

Shad - the lunch sounds yummy. When I hear things like that I'd almost consider going vegetarian but I don't think I could think of enough menu options to stick with it for very long.

So you were on the MT board again Mel? I think they are good when you kick off but eventually you settle into a meal plan that works within your defined food groups and they are not so helpful anymore. I was on the board for a while but never quite clicked there. So I came here. To meet you guys.

Ceejay on the pole. Electrical things blowing up scare me. We have occasional brown outs here - a blip in the power - just enough to reboot the computers. Would hate to lose power now. Be careful and let's pledge to have a good eating day today - I will if you will, ok?

Ok Meadow - now all day long I'll be walking around thinking of Daffy Duck saying "dispicable" with a lisp.

Gotta run. Stay warm, cool, dry, caffeined up, calmed down or whatever gets you through the day. to the rest of the chicks on the team.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:58 PM   #104  

Did something a little out of the norm last night. The doctor has suggested that I try Alli, the new diet pill. I told him I didn't trust myself with that one and he laughed. I told him it reminded me of the IBS problem that is now under control I didn't want to upset the system. I asked him about some of the others and he okayed it. I bought the Hoodia at Walmart. It's suppose to control my appetite and calm my nerves at the same time. I've taken only two doses so far. I'm already feeling more calm.

A funny thing happened this morning. Lisa and I made our rounds downstairs.
I missed the top step and down I went. I told Tim. He said did you hurt anything. My reply was my pride. He laughed. I did my duty and reported it.

Happy--I'm with you 3fc ought to have some Elvis smilies. Yum, blueberries. They didn't have any last week at super Walmart. I love those things.

Mel--Don't buy the bologna. That's one of my least favorite cuts of meat. Believe itor not the only time I want that is when I'm sick. That and a mt Dew

Carla--Hang in there. It's sweet of you to help out.

Shad--your lunch does sound yummy. Mother used to make a veggie lasagna using zuchinni. I may have to hunt down that recipe. Making my mouth water, yum yum.

I see the electric crew gathering up over by the generators. Guess we'll be on curtailment again today.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:38 PM   #105  

Yeah and the meal was vegan, not just vegetarian and should have been good for me. The bad news was that I put on 300g overnight despite the exercise etc. I think it was the cake! And it wasn't worth it. Serve me right yes???

Mel, Elvis was voted sexiest man alive in the magazine in a recent poll!! What the...... Elvis is alive and living in Australia??? Gotta smile at what they will do to sell copy.
As for the car - as you crazzzzzzy drive over there? Nuts to that. Can the cat come too??

Meadow, I would send up some organic tea for you, complete with the crazy little teapot and cup but they won't allow it into the country. You could have had organic Atherton Tablelands black or organic Atherton tablelands green. Maybe I should bring some over next time I come and we all meet up in the Butchart Gardens.

Ceejay, I wondered about diet pills. Be interested to know how you go. I'm not sure I ever want to take them, but if it kick starts the weight loss again, well maybe. I'm tired of bouncing this 1kg up and down. Although I must admit I really haven't got back into the swing of things since my holiday - I did better then than I am doing now.

Okay -I'd better go and brass off my fellow worker. She's gonna hate me.............................

Last edited by Shad; 08-15-2007 at 07:43 PM.