Old 08-08-2007, 10:14 AM   #61  

Hey Mel, no wonder you're feeling a bit down. Take it easy until things finally get straightened out - usually you're the champion of all worldly chicks when it comes to personal comments to everyone, so I think you have yards of credit to use up in that area. Do you ever think there must be another MelT out there who's horrible and vile and evil, and somehow the fates have got your addresses mixed up? Cuz you sure don't deserve all this bad luck. Somewhere EvilMel is chortling because she's managed to redirect her punishment your way. One of these days the tides will turn!
I did think it was touching that the men had passed the hat around to make sure you had some cash on hand. It's pretty clear that they love and respect you, just like we do.

Happy, if that 102 temp is humid heat, I don't know how you stand it. I think in your place I'd install a bed in the pool, under an umbrella, and just never get out.

Dang! I just lost a whole bunch of additions to my post - at least I was able to recover the above. But there's no time left to redo what's gone. So to those I've missed, and I'm off to get stuff done before it gets too hot.

Ceejay, yippee! At last, a few days off. that it works out this time.

My weight loss streak may be coming to an end - I've been feeling more and more cranky about "deprivation", sneaking more and more foods, avoiding salads... I'm not surprised. It seems to me that six weeks on the straight and narrow, even with a few days off here and there, is as long as I can go without a proper break. So I may not hit my Labour Day target after all. Maybe a couple of weeks of eating sensibly, without such close monitoring, will fix the old diet fatigue.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:43 PM   #62  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

No Happy - just my bad grammar. That should have been a separate paragraph with probably a bit more explanation. I think I was taking shortcuts to ease the pain in the fingers (Jillian Michaels thanks very much).

Last night I went for a run. Up the hill, down the hill, up the hill, down the hill, up the hill, down the hill and home. The hills by the way are not that steep but you can feel them. There was a large puddle of sweat by the time I got in. Still I did it. Takes a fair amount of self talk though.

Mel - It always amazes me that the agencies and departments can take your money away so fast and yet be so slow in returning it. It really is dreadful what has happened to you. Pity you can not go cry on their doorstep and get things moving along. Tell 'em you haven't eaten in two days and are running out of loo paper and you can't afford to take a bus or a cab to get to the doctor to get some tranquillisers and you are beginning to feel murderous.
That should fix them. Then get all the men to go on strike at the apartment block because you are so upset and taking it out on them and that should upset the biddies upstairs who couldn't give a damn after all the efforts you've put in for them. Then they can get on the departments back to get your money refunded.
Now you are being silly Shad. But I hope it has cheered you up some.

Carla - Sometimes you just have to have a blow out. Don't care for what reason or whatever. But go ahead, have a really bad day, ease up on the diet the next day and then get back to it. Either that or up the exercise and go hang with the food.

With that I had better go put in some effort. See if I can clear the mud and see things a little easier.

Last edited by Shad; 08-08-2007 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Cos I am a nut case and can't turn the page.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:38 AM   #63  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi kids,

In for another hot one today. Got home too late to get in the pool last night. Got to bed too late to get up early for a swim. Got to rearrange my life a bit

To Shad (the nutcase who can't turn a page ) - I'm so proud of you for going for a run. Up and down hills yet! Whoo hoo. I must say you have attacked the exercising with a vigor. We should all take a lesson from you.

Saw a small news article on Yahoo. Seems a Wellington couple wanted to name their kid 4REAL and the registar's office rejected it. So they will name their kid Superman instead and just call him 4REAL. It's just amazing that 2 people with half a brain each can simply bump together and make another person who gets the benefit of their lack of common sense. Then that person grows up and I HAVE TO WORK WITH THEM! I see kids with these names using bizarre spellings and feel sorry for the teachers who have to deal with that stuff.

Carla, Carla, Carla - I completely understand the deprivation thing BUT it's so easy to slide back. Stay strong woman Funny how you work so hard and then before you know it - it's like what duh heck happened and you realize you've backslid. Coca Cola has crept into my life again. Now water tastes bland and I'm trying to switch to lemonade or cold green tea products to ease off the sugar again.

And to your question Carla - humidity is 50 or 60 percent which is not bad at all. Thank heavens because if it was high with temps of 102 and heat indexes of 108 that would be unbearable. It is humid enough in that it's hard to dry off after a shower. Have to get dressed under the ceiling fan

Mel - I hope things are back on track for you. I fear not tho because you've not posted yet and you're usually hovering about the place by now. Wish there was more I could do than fret for you. I agree with calling the local TV station - they usually have a consumer advocate who can push things along. Sometimes even being friends with the mayor is not enough to help. Thinking of you ...

Time for me to get my day underway. I'm sure I should be working on something that I forgot to do at work so I'd better hussle myself in there. Have a good one chicks...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:48 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Today is a rest day for me. Will be going to the dentist at 11 and after that the day is mine. The only thing I like about going to the dentist is the chair is extremely comfortable and the gas. I'll come home and sleep after that.

Happy-be careful in the heat. I just heard the weatherman say that it will be 100 here.

The heat has gotten to me. I'm hearing things. The d.j. is playing let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Now that would be an awesome sight.

Carla --stay strong. We all have our good and bad days.

Mel-- Hope things are going better.

Hello to madcat and holly
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:54 PM   #65  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all from a wet and windy Perth. Although I have to be fair and say it is not that cold, although now I am damp, I am feeling a little cool around the legs. Hate this weather.

Went out for a run this morning. It wasn't raining at that time, so off I went and for some reason the breathing just wasn't there. It was so hard to do. Then the wind came up and my legs are going like mad and I'm not going anywhere just standing still, how can this be. When the wind dropped, I'm moving again - huh!?!!! Then the wind swirls and I'm doing 110 in the slow lane!!!! Bleedin' heck as my friend downstairs would say. Last night I went out with a Townsville and Wollongong colleague to do the grocery shop and have a snack and a drink. We had foccacia bread (complete with Parmesan cheese (very undiety)) and the dips were tomato marmalade, coriander (cilantro) peston, and tapenade (mashed olives) very tasty. And most dangerous to the diet I can tell you. I had a glass of a nifty Italian Pinot Grigiot and she had a glass of bubbles. My friend Zen (no not the famous cat of the same name) is a very trendy dresser and she is very tall and looks so good in most things. But other than her trying on clothes and us drooling over diamonds we bought nothing but groceries. Lordy, we are becoming boring.

Happy - 4real - are they for real??? Where will this stupidity end. Kids with names like Summer and Sky were bad enough in the old hippy days. Now we have them named after Generals, animals, cities, countries, wars and now imaginery super heroes.
I'm not a super hero as far as the exercise goes. I just do it. I just get up and force myself to do it no matter how much I don't feel like it. I prefer to be outside, but sometimes it is just not possible. I do it because I don't like the results when I don't do it. And those results show up quicker than the results when I do do it, I can tell you. How come it is so easy to put on weight?

Mel - I hope you are okay. It worries me when I don't hear from you. I wish I was closer to be able to give you a and

Ceejay - Have fun at the dentist. I have an appointment September 1. It won't be pleasant. The older I get the less I like going.

Where is that Ruth?? She posted on the SB site Wednesday so maybe she is just getting back into the swing of things.

Carla - are you out on the bike? and riding along the canal. Now that I have been to your place I can picture you out and about on the bike paths.

Hi to Meadow, Madcat, Holly, Painter, Linus and lurkers. Gotta go and attack this Infopak system once more. It gave me the pip yesterday. I'll beat it today!!!!!!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:04 AM   #66  

Greetings.
Inspiring as ever, Shad. I don't think I ought to run til I lose LOTS more weight, but a friend has challenged me to walk (rather than "just" do Curves circuit.) It's about 75 at 3 am (yikes! WHY am I awake...)... so it's not inspiring to walk during the day's heat.
Oh, I know why I'm awake:
1) I saw the breast surgeon yesterday and he thinks the change in the lump is within normal limits. Apparently the bigger the breast, the longer it can take to "settle down" after surgery/chemo/radiation. He talked about it still changing in 20 years... I'm going in tomorrow for an updated mammo and sonogram to confirm his belief that the surgery left "necrotic fatty tissue" which may or may not have morphed into an "oily cyst." Yuck. But definitely better than tumors.

It is all TOO easy to regain weight. I think in the past 10 days I undid about a month's work. Bleah.
But thanks for your support.

Last edited by PainterWoman; 08-10-2007 at 04:06 AM. Reason: correct spelling!
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:35 AM   #67  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

THANK GOD I CALLED THE BANK AGAIN....THE MONEY IS BACK!! NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS MAJE SURE THEY ALSO TOOK OFF ALL OVERDRAFT CHARGES. TOO TIRED TO CARE RIGHT NOW. I'LL CATCH UP OVER THE WEEKEND. YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT MY FACE AND EYES LOOK LIKE BIG RAINS PREDICTED ALL DAY TODAY SO I AM GOING TO JUST BE CALM AND REST.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:22 AM   #68  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hi Ladies. It has been one of those weeks here that has just gotten away from me again. Work is busy, life is busy, and I’ve been running around trying to pick up odds and sods to take for the great Northern escape to Temagami (which I believe I have now spelled correctly, Carla). We leave tomorrow morning, probably quite early. It’s about a 4 and a half to five hour drive. Already, I’m so tired I can barely see due to a late night out with the DH last night. I need a vacation! Of course, after sitting around waiting for people to get back to me on several projects at work, suddenly yesterday I get a deluge of it, and people are looking at me, saying “Oh, you are away next week? Can you get this done before you go?” Silly rabbits! Today will be dong Visio diagrams of application processes for a new project I picked up Wednesday. They get priority because they asked nicely.

Mel~ I am so glad that your financial woes have all been sorted out by now. Remember that all this bother is NOT YOUR FAULT. Don’t let the turkeys win by taking it personally and letting it make you sad.

Carla~ Yeah, that’s the problem with the whole diet thing is that we go along like gangbusters for the first bit and then life intervenes and we have to find a way to work exceptions into the rules. Don’t let one indulgence or extravagant meal or whatever be a signal that you can just throw n the towel. Treat each day, heck, if you have to, even each meal, as a separate entity. If one day is a tad off track just compensate for it the next. Maybe you need a bit more variety in what you are allowing yourself? Just a thought. Deprivation is not a good word.

Happy~ What are parents thinking burdening their kids with stupid names? Isn’t it hard enough for a little kid these days without setting them up to be mocked from birth? But I guess these days unusual names aren’t that unusual anymore. He’ll probably be sitting in first grade in the seat behind Julius Caesar and to the right of Zaphod Beebelbrox. Oh, and what you are telling Carla is that it’s a dry heat??

Shad~ You are still my exercise role-model, too. The only time I hate exercising outside is when it is windy. Hey did you try running into the wind on the way out so that you can have a tailwind on the way back??

Ceejay~ Hope the dental visit was smooth sailing. I’ve never heard anyone say they actually like the dentist’s chair before. That’s great.

Painterwoman~ That is good news from your doctor. It is really hard to stay on track when life stresses hit, but you can get back what you have lost. Good luck with your new challenge.

Hi to all the others whose posts I didn’t get to.

I’ll at least try to make it back to read some posts before we leave, but I won’t be online next week at all. The cabins we are staying in have no phone, TV or internet connection (though I hear they have a dial-up connection at the lodge). The DH’s Blackberry might not even connect. What will he do!!! I’m taking a box of books and a need for some peace and quiet. Think of it: no work, no dressing up, no meetings, no makeup, no traffic noise, no construction sounds at 6AM, no four million people (all in my way), no commuting, no alarm clocks and no scheduled obligations. We will have a screened-in porch, trees and a lake. What more do we need?
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:42 AM   #69  
Choose your hard

Morning chicks,

Awwww Madcat, I am so jealous! The cabin (but maybe not the drive up) sounds just FABULOUS. I love your list of no's that make this trip turn into one big Have a wonderful, peaceful, relaxing time! Hope DH survives in a non tech environment I giggled at your comment of doing the work because they asked nicely. I was helping my replacement on my old job troubleshoot and reload some stuff yesterday and I too said I will always help you because you are nice - if you were a priss I'd just hang your butt in the wind

So glad the money is back safe and sound Mel. Now take it all out and stuff it in the mattress. The real one, not the blow up one you got for Shad Kinda makes you feel that way, doesn't it? Whew. I can imagine what all this stress did to you. If I was there I'd put on some quiet music and give you a neck massage. Then we'd laugh about all the turds of the world and what'd we do to them if we were the queens of the world! Take care my friend. Chill out is just what you need for the weekend.

Painter - I definitely wouldn't start out running but your friend is right. Many a person who had a fair amount of weight to lose - like me - started out walking, moved that up to a powerwalk and then a trot and then a run. There are several running programs on the internet that prep a couch potato to become a runner. I myself will never be a runner. Never was into that. Of course when I was smoking it was impossible to run more than 10 feet and now there's just too much stress on weaker joints with the load I carry on me. But remember my motto - 20 minutes of something is better than 20 minutes of sitting. Just keep adding a little more something regularly to your routine. And don't stop the Curves thing - seems that's become a good habit for you!

Shad - running in the wind? That was a funny story. Never really considered that before except when it's storming out and who would run in a storm? I agree with Madcat - you are the exercise role model. How long are you going to be in this assignment you're at right now?

Ceejay - glad you found a dentist that you like. That's always a scary prospect. Hope you have a good day off. Stay cool as the heat persists down here.

The pool water was actually at the temp I liked yesterday. Near warm, almost too warm to work out in but with no sun to warm me in the early evening, the temp was just right for me. Have to really enjoy these last few weeks as September will be here before we know it and even tho it stays warm here, the nights cool off and the pool chills up shortly after the beginning of Sept so my swim days are numbered.

I must admit that this erratic schedule of coming home late, eating late, not having the best choices of meals is catching up with me. Starting today I am back to drinking water and logging everything into WW again. If I can't track it, I won't eat it. Send some willpower vibes my way, I need them.

Time to get ready for work. Love to the rest of the chicks. See you later...
Old 08-10-2007, 09:55 AM   #70  
Happy September

I HAD TO COME BACK TO READ AND WRITE
I WENT DOWN TO TELL THE BOYS THE GOOD NEWS. THEY ARE SO FUNNY TRYING TO BE HAPPY AND NOT SHOW IT TOO MUCH. MOST ARE NOT PUBLIC HUGGERS BUT THEY MADE AN EXCEPTION THIS MORNING. THEY'RE MORE OF THE STRONG SILENT TYPE KIND OF GUY. NOW THAT ALL IS WELL, ABOUT 20 MINUTES LATER THEY DECIDED TO ASK FOR HELP WHILE THE FEMALE BOSS IS AWAY. THEY DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THE "OTHERS". I FEAR THIS LAST EVENT WITH ME HAS MADE AN EVEN WIDER GAP AND WHAT LITTLE RESPECT THEY HAD FOR THE WOMEN HAS GONE DOWN THE PROVERBIAL CRAPPER
I AM JUST TOO HAPPY TO CARE WHAT AILS THE WOMEN AND WILL HELP THE GUYS OUT THIS WEEK. CAN I SAY ONE MORE TIME...MY SKIN HURTS!!! DAMN ROSACEA IS PAINFUL AT TIMES. OTHER THAN THE DRAMA...ALL IS WELL IN MY LITTLE CORNER OF THE WORLD. I HAVE SOME CASH STOWED AWAY NOW SO I WILL NEVER BE PENNILESS AGAIN. THE COURTS ARE A SCARY THING MADE ME REMEMBER JEN ASKING MME TO KEEP CASH AFTER 9/11. YOU JUST NEVER KNOW ANYMORE IN THIS CRAZY WORLD WE LIVE IN. PEOPLE ARE BECOMING JUST A NUMBER MORE AND MORE EVERY DAY. SO THE BOYS ARE HAPPY. I AM HAPPY AND THE BILLS ARE GETTING PAID. WOULD YOU BELIEVE ALL THE OFFICE WAS WORRIED ABOUT IS IF THEY CAN PUT THE RENT CHECKS IN THE BANK NOW???? PITY SHAD ISN'T HERE NOW!!! BUT JOHN TOOK CARE OF THE SNOTTY COMMENT DEPARTMENT THIS MORNING. I TOLD HIM HE IS "HEAD SNOT" NOW!!

PW~ YOUR GOOD NEWS EVEN BEATS MINE!! I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR THE DR'S COMMENT AND HOPE ALL WILL BE WELL WHEN YOU GET THE OTHER RESULTS!! KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED AND SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS HANG IN THERE AND KEEP ACTIVE!!!

CEEJAY~ NO THEY DID NOT CONFISCATE ME BUT THERE WERE A FEW MOMENTS WHEN I WISH THEY HAD! HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR 8 HR DAYS AND LOVING THE DAYS OFF!!

MADCAT~ HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME IN Temagami .....AND I SPEELED IT RIGHT CAUSE I DID COPY/PASTE NO PHONE NO NOTHING? TAKE ME WITH YOU!! ENJOY THE TIME AWAY FROM CIVILIZATION!!!

CARLA~I DID REALIZE LATER ON THAT THE CHICKS WERE ONLY A CALL AWAY. I THINK AT TIMES THAT'S WHAT KEEPS ME GOING. ALL MY INTERNET FRIENDS.
HOPE WE BOTH GET BACK ON TRACK. I HAVE NOT BEEN VERY BAD BUT NOT GOOD EITHER!!!

SHAD~ SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN DOING RATHER WELL IN MOST DEPARTMENTS!!! ESPECIALLY THE SPENDING!! LOOKING IS BETTER THAN CHARGING!! HOPE YOU ARE GETTING TO ENJOY THOSE TIMES WITH OLD FRIENDS. WISH I WAS TALLER AND SKINNIER TOO!!!
YOUR FRIEND CAN GIVE US NOTIVATION!! SENDING BACK YOUR WAY AS WELL.

MISS HAPPY~ IF WE HAD BEEN ON THE PHONE....LIKE WITH SHAD....I WOULD HAVE BEEN FORCED TO GO OUT AND BUY A BOTTLE OF WINE, SHOCK THE CRAP OUT OF THE MAN IN THE DELI STORE, HE WOULD PROBABLY FOLLOW ME HOME TO MAKE SURE I WASN'T DRINKING AND DRIVING, THEN GET A BOX OF TISSUES AND HAVE A GOOD CRY!! HOPE THE CAT STILL LOVES YOU!!! POOR SOD!!! HOW IS THE ROCK LIFTING GOING? ALL DONE??

THINK THAT COVERS THE LOT OF YOU!
HAPPY FRIDAY AGAIN
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS AND OFFERS OF HELP.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:24 AM   #71  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

Happy hot Saturday to you. Going to be another scorching week for us. Getting a little taste of what it's like to live by Shad in the spring

On the agenda today is a trip to the farmers market to stock up on some veggies and delicious peaches. We're supposed to haul more rock but I'd rather do that at 10pm to be truthful. The yard needs sweeping and cleaning. And so does the house. So a regular old weekend that will surely fly by...

DH is mad. They have new people at the pool place and they gave him some bad info when he got the water tested last week. They said to add 30 pounds of a chemical. When he went yesterday they said he had way too much of that chemical (and he didn't even put in all they recommended). Now we're supposed to drain the pool several inches and put in fresh water. DH is going to complain to the manager there. Takes a lot of work keeping a pool up to snuff.

Mel, don't know why women have to be so petty. I am disappointed but not really surprised that they were not there to be the first to help you in a crunch. It's situations like that where you find out who you can really depend on. Sadly, most often times you can only depend on yourself. And us here at 3FC I see it's raining like the bejeezus up your way. At least around Newark and the airport. We haven't seen rain in weeks here. Hope your face clears up soon. That rosacea sure is a pesty thing, isn't it? I hear more about it now as people openly discuss it. Sure hope I never have to deal with it. Feel better and have a restful weekend!

Shad must be out running in the rain...

Madcat is out in the wilderness reading a book and staring at the stars at night...

Meadow's enjoying the pool and organizing the yard...

Holly should be back from TO but maybe not?

Ceejay is probably working...

Painter - oily cyst? yes it does sound better than a tumor but... surely there are better ways to describe it. Glad things are ok tho.

Carla is off tromping the trails and dreaming of all the sinful things she'd like to eat

Ok chicks, hubby is up which means I'd better pop in the shower if I want him to come with me to the farmers market and carry all my bags. Have a good Saturday.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:50 AM   #72  
Happy September

WOW! IT'S JUST YOU AND ME HAPPY
GOOD MORNING CHICKS!
I THINK YOU AND MADCAT ARE RIGHT....IT'S BECAUSE THEY "ASK" NICELY INSTEAD OF SHOVING IT SOMEWHERE WITHOUT THE VASELINE!
ONE ALARM LAST NIGHT BUT NOTHING ELSE. SO FAR SO GOOD. TYPED THE LETTER TO THE BANK'S CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICE. I'LL HAVE SOMEONE READ IT BEFORE I SEND IT MONDAY. I WILL TRY FOR 2 DAYS NOW TO FORGET THIS WEEK AND LET MY SHOULDERS RELAX....THEY LOOK FUNNY UP AR0OUND MY EARS!
THE RAIN HAS FINALLY STOPPED. LOOKS LIKE SOME GREAT WEATHER FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.
TO ALL OUR MISSING CHICKS.

HAPPY~ HOW AWFUL TO HAVE GOTTEN THE WRONG INFO FOR THE POOL! DANGEROUS TOO. HOPE THE DH GIVES THEM WHAT FOR AND GETS SOMEWHERE. JUST WHAT YOU NEEDED....MORE WORK FOR THE WEEKEND! I CAN SEE YOU MOVING THE ROCKS IN THE STEALTH OF THE NIGHT....THEN GETTING ARRESTED FOR STEALING !! THE FARMER'S MARKET SOUNDS GOOD...ESPECIALLY THE PEACHES! YUM!!! WHEN I USED TO VISIT FLORIDA, THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN SOUTHERN PEACHES!!
HOPE THE WEEKEND IS A GREAT ONE!
Old 08-11-2007, 09:18 AM   #73  

Default Good Morning Everyone!

Geez I just could not believe all that I was reading here. MEl, so very happy that things have been resolved. It is frightening to have some taken from you no matter how it occurs. People having access to our money is not good! So glad you can breathe a sigh of relief. Better to have such good friends like you do to help you through the rough times.

I am sorry for being so absent but life is just busy like all of you. I was so tickled to see Kristy posting again that is terrific. So good to see so many of you popping in to say hi!

My two jobs are keeping me very busy and I have been doing some other work to help people get their lives moving in a better direction. My boss at therapy is worried I am taking too much time off and is wondering about that. But summer is here I am just trying to do some fun things too... Spent a fun weekend with my youngest and friends on a huge lake and I tried to wake board... some bruising to prove I at least tried!!!! Nothing more entertaining than a 50 something trying to act like a 20 something!!!!!

My oldest son is repelling on to fire sites this summer we are burning up the west this year so sad. My BF is off doing transportation work for the forest service also. Can not believe how fast the summer is moving, but the cooler temps will be welcomed.

Hope this finds all well and happy. I watched the rerun of the Ironman '06 last weekend and was so moved by the tender stories there....wow the people who motivate themselves to compete in that thing are something else! Has anyone else seen that show?

Take care all..... you are a great group of women who love and support each other and makes my heart feel so good to know we can come here at any time to share....
Blessings to all,
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:22 PM   #74  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh dear! I have not even checked in this month and have missed so much.

MEL, I am appalled at your saga. The Bastidges!

Here's what's going on and none of it is good.....at the moment! It's in chronological order, not order of importance.

1. We had Delta Fair with the usual fights, arrests and accident calls and just broke even for the second year in a row.
2. My modem got fried in a t-storm and the ISP techie insisted it was my connection, not the modem. I spent about a week messing with it, finally got a new modem and it's fine now.
3. Lucy is very sick. It seems to be a breathing problem like asthma - she wheezes! My own vet was stymied so we went to the Ottawa Animal Hospital - two weeks, two meds and a $736 bill later and she's still wheezing. We go back Wednesday next.
4. The Long Horn is closed after a major battle between Ron and Eve. Ron is now in jail with many charges, the restaurant is closed and a team of us strong women is trying to persuade Eve to re-open with a more limited menu and the group of us working.
5. A friend told me something about her husband that shocks me. He is stealing money and I don't know how to handle it without breaking her confidence. He is pilfering from the Township! Next time I'm in bed with the Mayor......
6. My son has just mysteriously changed jobs. I suspect he was fired but he is 43 so I should stop worrying, right?
7. I wanted to visit my DD in September or October but have cancelled my flight. Her DH is on strike and out doing commercial fishing to make ends meet and she is having to work extra nursing shifts. Not a good time to go visit.
8. The Hyper Pypers were here for five days. BBQ, bacon and eggs for breakfast and extra wine. Need I say more? but it was fun!
9. Our Church Treasurer has been forced to resign. She's in a major snit and refuses to hand over the books to the newly appointed treasurer.
10. And my leg hurts like **** after a minor accident a week ago.

There! I've whined enough. Now I'll just go back under my rock.

Sorry to be such a downer and to have been away so long.

I badly need some fun! Let's party!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Miss Ruth ((((HUGS)))) conserning the money--Can you ask the township to do an audit? To bad about the Long Horn.

Happy--I've been on mini vacation. Went to Paragould and had a fun time with the kid's. The three year old wanted to stay right by my side which made me very happy. The two oldest were competing for my attention. If I get upset with the dentist, I'll just throw a dumbell at him the next time he's at the gym.

Mel--Your circumstances makes me realize that I need to stash away some cash. Especially after the terriost threat alerts that we've had today.

Madcat--enjoy your vacation time.

PW--Glad that the doctor's visit turned was good.

Hello to Nae, Carla and the rest.

I needed a break and my trip to Paragould is what perked me up again. It makes this person feel good when 3 children from the ages of 12 to 3 want all of your attention. And the 12 year old is a male.

My uncle also gave me fresh veggies from his garden, tomatoes, okra, and purple hull peas. Yummmmmmmm good The only thing else I wanted was some corn bread.

Did something a little off beat today. I stopped in Missouri and bought Lotto scratch tickets. Of course they didn't win! I look at it this way, I helped the Missouri education department.

Need to get the bed ready so I can
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote