Old 08-04-2007, 04:16 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Meadow-those icebergs sure looked refreshing. wish there was one in the front yard now, though it would not last long. It's hot out there.

Holly--enjoy the trip. take pictures we want to see.

happy--don't stay out in this heat for long. I'm going to try to get out and mow the front yard later in the day. The front yard will be shaded by then. I'm staying inside where it's cool for now.

Mel--:hugs: won't they let you rest.

Carla and Madcat hello

I've slowed myself down today just because it hot out side. I have to see the a.c. bill for august. I've also been to the super Walmart to get some fresh produce. I simply don't like the grocery store here. Everything is to high and not fresh.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:25 PM   #32  

Madcat- We will be downtown on Monday doing the CN tower, Hockey Hall of Fame and ROM and Dinner( possibly on the CN tower) Interested???I will bring your # and PM you mine Cell!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:28 PM   #33  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I can just see Happy chortling away as she loads rocks into the wheelbarrow - keep chortling my friend. Wish I was there to help.

Mel - no rain in Brissie - it's forgotten how to. Serves us right for chopping down the trees. Wield those spanners - it's good exercise but no bending and twisting to look in tight spots. Tell the old codgers to go take a running jump. Everyone is entitled to rest. She could have rung you instead of tapping on the door in a huff. Thanks for the email.

Holly - enjoy TO - taking the new camera with you??? Have lots of fun and don't get picked up by the cops - or anyone else for that matter. You don't have me and Madcat there to bail you out this time.

Some of the photos are there. Uploading was an incredibly slow business yesterday but there are two new albums - Butchart Gardens and Victoria. I'll try to get some more done today but won't bet on it. The SF and Big Sur is just about ready to go. I don't know the names of some of the plants so if you do, let me know and I'll update the captions. Must say I am not that impressed with Webshots new slideshow thingy. It's very slow, the pictures don't come out full size and some appear to be fuzzy. I don't remember them being fuzzy on my computer. I'll have to check. Still mostly, they look good.

Okay, I'm off to do some exercise and warm up. I'm not going to the gym today, I've done 5 days this week. I took DS2 to work at 5.00am this morning and it was only 6C - 42F. The sun is up and is warming things up a bit so I might do some washing and hang it out. I have to finish packing as well and I'd better go do some visiting or I'll be in trouble somewhere with someone.
Every time I post the link to webshots, it doesn't work, so I'll leave it to Mel the magician to do so again - or just go back and find the other one.

See ya later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:39 AM   #34  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HOLLY ~HAVE A GREAT TORONTO TRIP ENJOY!!

HAPPY~ I DID GIGGLE YESTERDAY...THANKS. IT IS AN EFFING SOAP OPERA...MY WHOLE LIFE IS JUST ON BIG COMEDY! HOPE YOUR WEEKEND IS REFRESHING!!! BABOOSHKAS!

CEEJAY~ PICK ME UP SOME PRODUCE WHILE YOUR'RE OUT!! THE STUFF AT MY GROCERY FRIDAY WAS TERRIBLE TOO! HIGH PRICES FOR SECOND HAND FRUITS AND VEGGIES STAY COOL MY FRIEND!

SHAD~ I WILL GO AND GET THE WEBSHOTS THINGY. I REALLY NEED TO LOOK AT ALL YOUR PICTURES. HAVEN'T DONE IT YET. EVERYTHING TO ME IS FUZZY SO I WON'T MIND! TOO BAD ABOUT THE RAIN. WE SHOULD SEND SOME OVER TO YOU. HAD A TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR THE OTHER DAY. SO MUCH SO THAT THE DESTRUCTOS HAD TO PUMP OUT THE WATER OF THE HOLES THEY'RE DIGGING!! GREAT EXERCISING LADY!!!

YESTERDAY I ABOUT RAN OUT OF PATIENCE. A WATER FILTRATION PLANT GOT HIT WITH LIGHTNING. SO WE HAD TO BOIL OUR WATER TO DRINK OR COOK. YOU WOULD THINK THE END OF THE WORLD WAS HERE. WHY DO SENIORS THINK THAT THEY ARE SOOO DANG SPECIAL AND THAT NOTYHING IS ALLOWED TO SPOIL THEIR DAY?? I JUST DON'T GET IT. THEN OF COURSE THE ELEVATOR BEING OUT OF WHACK ADDED TO THE DILEMMA...EVEN THOUGH THE OTHER ONE WAS STILL RUNNING!!! AFTER ASSORTED SMOKE ALARMS AND REPAIRMEN, I HAD ABOUT AS MUCH OF SENIOR CITIZENS AT THE END OF THE DAY AS I COULD STAND!! I GOT SO PISSED OFF THAT I TOLD A BUNCH OF THEM THINGS COULD BE WORSE...WE COULD ALL BE DEAD LIKE JAY. <---THE GENT WHO JUST DIED THAT SHUT THEM UP. I HAD A GOOD LAUGH YESTERDAY AT A HOROSCOPE I FOUND:
Pisces February 19-March 20

It’s been two years of hard working—literally—as you have wrestled with the demon of sacrifice, figuring how much is too much. Yet despite the long hours, your efforts are likely paying off, making the struggle well worth it.

SOUNDS JUST LIKE ME! I DID LEARN ONE THING....I LAUGH A LOT MORE, TAKE THINGS A LOT LESS SERIOUS AND TALK MORE COMMON SENSE TO MYSELF NOW THAN I EVER DID. THE DRAMA QUEEN IS FINALLY FADING INTO THE SUNSET.
WITH AGE AND 3FC COMES WISDOM!
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:57 AM   #35  

Ready to launch with 5 min to spare!!!!

Y'all behave yourselves while I am gone!! See ya Wednesday!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel--Too bad the water filtration plant was struck by lightening. I can sympathize with you about all the complaining. Wait till you have to deal with over 9000 customers.

Shad--bravo on the 5 daysat the gym this week.

I'm back to the grind at wrok. So far things are quite. I got quite a bit done yesterday. It was good just to be away from work. My sister that lives in Dallas called me yesterday. She and her dh had just gotten back from their vacation from the Grand Canyon. She said they both really enjoyed it.

It's goinig to be another hot one.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #37  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Link to Shad's gorgeous pictures of her vacation
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:53 AM   #38  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks.

Hauled about 1200 pounds of rock yesterday. About 1/3 done. Boy it's hot outside. I finally had to stop around noon because even with a towel soaked in ice water around my neck, it was still too hot. Will pick up again in a few minutes.

Shad - your pictures are just gorgeous! You captured the blues of Big Sur perfectly. And your flower shots at the Garden are lovely. I've commented on a few and added some missing names. The bright pink one I said was a type of poppy is making me crazy as I think we've seen it here and I was admiring it. Very lovely tho, thanks for posting them - it's like we were there too. Wish we could have been together to ooh and ah with each other. Can you understand now why I always kept pushing Butchart Gardens, Butchart Gardens. It's an amazing place - even though all 4 seasons.

Ceejay is right. It sure is HOT out here and looks to stay that way for the next 2 weeks. It will only cloud up when I get into the pool, guaranteed

Mel, all I can say about the cranky seniors is that I realize as I get older, I tend to get more cranky myself. Not about loosing the water, but about people not following the rules and being inconsiderate idiots - which means I have many opportunities to get cranky. When my sister was visiting, we were at the store and I picked up a bottle of Windex window cleaner and was complaining that there seemed to be more Spanish on the front of the bottle than English words. She rolled her eyes and said "Ok MOM!" Said I was turning into my mother so ... maybe it's just natural to be fussing alot the older you get. Hope things are back to normal for you. Boiling the water is a pain in the patootie.

Well it's getting later and hotter and I have more rocks to haul, cars to wash, laundry and grocery shopping to do and I want to get some swim time in soon before the pool is all shady so I'd better get rolling.

Have a good Sunday ladies.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #39  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Well Happy, we will just have to arrange to be there together on another visit. Spend a couple of days just wandering around and taking in the sights and smells. We'd better not leave it too long or you and I will be cranky about the way the grass grows or the kids jumping on the lawn or the old bat (younger than me) who practically demolishes the rose to get to smell it. Thanks for the names of plants and flowers. I'll get back in there and change them when I get a few minutes. Yeah I did want to get the firies for Mel, but they all hopped inside the truck while Carla and I were discussing the various merits and de-merits and I forgot to take the pic in time.

I'm back in Perth and another week is unfolding. Guess what? It is raining. A solid gray wall of the stuff. My pants legs go soaked on the way to work. So different from the warm sunny days and cool nights of Queensland.

Poor Mel, seems like you are not having much of a weekend. Didn't you know that those seniors went through a depression and a world war so they would not have to boil their water. They expect more from life than that.

Holly have a great time in Toronto. Hope it stays fine and sunny, cos the kids will not be impressed or impressive if not.

Ceejay - back at work again already. Crikey!!!! You should have made arrangements to go to the Grand Canyon with your sister. It's a great place.

Okay, I owe, I owe so it's off to work I go. Have a good - whats left of the weekend all and behave.

Love
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:06 PM   #40  
Smackin' into a Wall

Happy Sunday evening darlings… It looks as if the heat wave has broken and I can finally sit comfortably in the office on the computer again. It’s been so hot in here. Better now.

Spent the day at the in-laws doing laundry. Their dryer is so slow. Did a stop at Canadian tire and bought a small portable propane BBQ and a few other vacation odds and sods. The Boy and I (and quite a few of our closest friends) have booked a cabin near Temaugami Ontario for the week after next. There is running water and electricity but no phone or TV or such. One more week. We can hardly wait.

Ceejay~ Hope you enjoyed your day off. Stay cool.

Shad~ It must be nice to come home if even for just a couple of days. Your pictures are really beautiful! And it was neat to see what the infamous Longhorn looks like. Have a lovely soggy week. I’ve put an order for some sun in for you,

Happy~ Guess we shouldn’t complain about a week of steamy weather when I compare it to what you guys get down south. Maybe it is worse for the northerners becuz what we get the extremes. Don’t forget the water while you are working in the garden, slugging that stone. Thanks for the link to Shad’s pictures. And is it a Bad thing to become one’s mother? Not always.

Mel~ That is one inconsiderate tenant. Jerk! Why didn’t she just call the emergency number if it was already after 11? That’s just rude. We like your “drivel” (as you call it). Good for you for pointing out the obvious to those who do nothing but piss and moan. As if it is YOUR problem that the water plant was damaged. Some people I think need a nice big chill pill.

Holly~ You are probably already here in the big city wandering around with your kids all staring at the tall buildings. I’ve already promised to spend at least part of the day with my friend with the health problems tomorrow, so I’m not sure I’ll be able to meet up with you. I’ll call you. If we don’t connect, I hope you have a great time.

Hi to Meadow and Linus and PW and Carla. Was that your Zen, BTW?

I best wander off.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #41  

Ooooooh, what fun! Alaska! And I almost missed the boat.

Well, I'm home alone with my clean pantry. Bah! Those of you who saw suspicious items should have seen it before. DH seems to think he needs to have ingredients for biscuts and gravy on hand at all times(oh, yeah, THAT keeps us light on our feets). Yes, there's soda, but it's all diet, OR for the chilluns' visits. I had a schizophrenic trip to the grocery store today. "Natural" no-sugar popsicles and Peppermint patties.

Madcat - SO glad to hear that your sister is done with the radiation & chemo. Every step counts. Hope she regains strength easily

I love to walk outdoors in the real world, too, but we have only just finally had our first day of triple digit heat, so I'm not going to do it today. One thing about Curves: LOTS of A/C and fans.

Shad - you are such a hard worker. and inspiration. I've strayed rather a lot on writing down bites and calories. Will get back on track... (but maybe after a peppermint pattie "serving."

Mel - glad that your sacrifice is paying off. I hate to sacrifice and sacrifice and have the scales move UP, or my insides revolt, or other unpleasant surprises. I'm like your whiney old goats and nanny's who'd prefer that life be easy.
And you were so blase about "one of the tenants dying." there aren't too many people who could say that!
So sorry that your smeller got super sensitive. Mind sort of up and quit. I'm sure there are times when I smell BAD, but I can't smell anything.... flowers, magazine inserts, etc. Has to be my meds. I'm hoping that when I'm off the meds, my strength and confidence will come back, too. It sucks feeling like you might keel over every time you stand up.

Well, I'm off to raid the pantry and start Harry Potter 7. (Had to re-read 6 first.) TTFN.

Ceejay - hope you can enjoy your time off, even if they don't give you much notice. Too bad you weren't there to help with the lightening strike in New Jersey.

I'd love to go on a Polar Bear Swim... as long as it's the bears who are swimming.

Holly - Hooray for law enforcement in your area and for catching the bad guys. Was this another case of "he was a quiet guy, but nobody thought he was strange?" or one of the "nobody ever really liked him...." types?

I feel like I'm living in the tropics... almost every afterrnoon or evening we've had rain or thunderstorms. I could definitely get used to it. The Hibiscus is beyond happy.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #42  

Yikes. Just a few days away, and so many new posts!

Madcat, I love your new avatar - perfect! And yes, that was my big Zen in the pics. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get good weather while in Temagami.

Shad, the Big Sur photos are particularly good. What a photogenic land/seascape. I haven't looked at the Van and Vic ones yet, but will soon. Too bad about the rain in Perth. Anyone would think you were at my friend's cottage...

Sheesh, Mel, what makes the tenants think they can pester you at all hours like that? Don't they realize it's work for you to get up and answer the door? (Of course, it's work that will burn off extra calories, so it's not all bad... ) Seeing the photo of the firetruck in shad's collection ahs made me remember I have some Québecois beefcake to send you. Stop drooling!!!

Happy, I can't imagine lifting rocks in the hot sun all day. But then, I didn't shoot the law and the law won... Sorry. Got sidetracked there for a mo. At least you have the pool to collapse into once you've done, and you build up lots of calorie credits for an umbrella drink or two. Hmmm. Maybe we could start a new diet program where you buy snack food offsets, sort of like carbon offsets, and you can eat with impunity while someone else does your treadmill time.

Painter, I was afraid our ruthless analysis of your pantry had driven you away in a huff. Glad to see you've joined us on the cruise.

Speaking of ruthless, where is that Ruth? I may have to resort to the telephone to make sure she's okay!

Ceejay, good to hear you enjoyed your day off. I hope Bud (?) gets better soon or they get someone else in there. It's tough to work so much without the days off we count on.

Holly, I can't promise that I'll be around at Thanksgiving, but will let you know. Most years I seem to end up working somewhere away right around then. If I'm going to be here, mi casa estara tu casa. I now have a single aerobed, so it's possible to arrange the office in such a way that the cat won't jump on my guests' full bladders. (Sorry about that, Shad!)

Meadow, I envy you your steady sunshine. I've gone to my friend's lake cottage twice now, and both times we swam the afternoon I arrived and then watched the rain and/or the chill wind blowing the little lake into whitecaps.

What I thought was allergies seems to be a head cold. Sniff sniff, croak, croak. I'd never admit it, but going for a midnight skinny dip that lasted about an hour may not have been the best idea after all. I don't remember feeling cold at all. Maybe it's west nile fever - I think the early symptoms are like a cold, and I do have a rather fine collection of bites...

Time to put this runny, stuffy nose to bed before you all get infected. Nighty-night!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:24 AM   #43  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

The State Of Nj Tax Has Levied My Checking Account And Confiscated All Mine And Jen's Security Money....emptying My Our Account.
The Office Is Going To Try And Help Me Get It Back. When The Job Is Done I Will Return.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:37 AM   #44  
Choose your hard

OMG Mel! This weekend we watched "In Pursuit of Happiness" with Will Smith and although I think it was NY State - they did the very same thing to him! Why is it that they pester the little people and don't go after the real problem. If there's any thing we can do to help, just say so...

After Mel's news it just seems kinda trivial to comment on the rest so for the time being, will just send hugs all around

And will be back later.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:27 AM   #45  
Smackin' into a Wall

As the DH just said, "How the ___ can they do that???!!!" Melly! Hang in there. And, as Happy said, if there is anything we can do, let us know.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote