Old 08-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #16  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hey Crawl/walk/run! You are definately in the right place! Good to have you.

How long were you smoking for? That is awesome you quit!

Canuk4:

Have fun! I need a new hair cut too.

stopeating:

Quote:
Hello! Okay we went out to eat tonight and I did awesome! I was nervous but they had chicken cabob. It had 3 pieces of boneless white meat chicken, green peppers, fresh mushrooms, and onions laid on white rice and corn. It was sooooo good and really healthy. I could eat that more times per week!
That sounds good!! Good job on the steps too! how does that translate into miles?

Quote:
Jasmine I don't think 1400 calories is too low. I alsoway think of my low calorie diet in the same way, I aim for 1200 everyday knowing sometimes I get to 1500.
Thanks for the heads up. I figure it should be safe as they say no lower than 1200. *sigh*

Well I did my food like I said and was at 1400, then I also had a few baby carrots and was all proud of myself but then.....everyone wanted to watch a movie and I had that munchy feeling and next thing ya know....I had popcorn and some butter on it! arrrgggghhhhhh.....

I am going BIG food shopping on the 5th. I really need an air popper, but the good thing is my cals were at 1890, on track for the 2 pounds at least. ;0 I hope I can do the 1400 today!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:11 AM   #17  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

I got outta work today. Ds1 had an ortho appointment an hour away and I asked my boss if I could just work from home instead of going in a half day. I would have had to drive 45 mins to work to work 2 hours and then drove 45 minutes home to pick up Ds1 and then drove an hour back to his ortho appointment. No thanks.

His birthday was good. I got him an ipod, a digital camera, some clothes, and some Left Behind: The Kids books. My Bf got him a new Bike, sisters got him CD's and movies and stuff he wanted. He was really happy. I am taking him to the mall to buy shoes and a backpack for school, then we will get something to eat and back home where I will have to work out as I have not yet done it today! I'll go run about 7:30-8:00.

I blew my food yesterday. I did good at lunch ate a subway club with no cheese or mayo, then blew it at Dinner with McDonald's (my son's pick) and ice cream and cake. I know I could have had a salad at McDonald's but my kid just turned 16... I have a right to celebrate ya know? (And I won't do it again anytime soon, I promise!) We registered for school yesterday for him too. He is gonna be a sophmore. Several of the teachers were like, "You look too young to be his mother." Well that's cause I am. I was 17 when I had him. At least they thought I was too young to be his mother. I went to the dentist with BF and a receptionist there thought I was his mother!!! Whatever, obviously that B*tch can't see!

Anyway, weighin this Am showed me down a pound...FINALLY! TOM must be releasing its grip. It's too probably too late to average a loss this week, but at least I know I am heading in the right direction for next week!
Welcome Bee! I love your name!

Jasmine...It sounds like you have the plan. Give me some of your planning. I could try 1400 calories with you, but not until next Monday...got a birthday party this weekend and i know that I will not be able to resist grilled burgers and ice cream and cake!

I didn't get all my workout in last night. After all the birthday festivities I was wore out. So tonight I am running, C25K workout and some walking. I do a few extra minutes to help make up for what I missed yesterday!

Stop eating...Congrats on your 10,000 steps. It was 93 here yesterday, and willbe 93 today. That's why I am waiting until 8:00 tonight to run. Too hot to do it this morning already!

Well, hugs to everyone! Have a great day!
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:25 PM   #18  
I AM healthy!

Melody:

That is great you could work from home today! I seen in your profile you have 4 kids, did I mention I have 5? lol Even more we have in common.

It sounds like he had a nice day. An i[pod would be handy. My walks are great but the last week before end of month I felt like I was dragging and getting bored. But then I decided to snag my sweetie's mp3 player! Yeah! Lots of fun now. lol

Quote:
I know I could have had a salad at McDonald's but my kid just turned 16... I have a right to celebrate ya know? (And I won't do it again anytime soon, I promise!)
I would never go somewhere and order a salad either. If I were to have a salad, why not stay at home and do it! lol

One thing I have always done thruout these two years of slowly losing and learning new habits is eat out once a week. Burgers and fries, pizza, you name it. It has probably slowed me down a bit but I don't think so. It keeps me sane. If I told myself, no more, I would be eating like there is no tomorrow! What slows me down is when I have stress with the ex. When I start infulging in bad food and not walking. My months when I am on plan and even having the treat days I can still lose 7-10 pounds.

As long as I can tell myself once a week that is it and stick to it, I am fine!

Quote:
Several of the teachers were like, "You look too young to be his mother." Well that's cause I am. I was 17 when I had him. At least they thought I was too young to be his mother. I went to the dentist with BF and a receptionist there thought I was his mother!!! Whatever, obviously that B*tch can't see!
I think I seen one of your pics on myspace and you do look cute! I had my eldest dd who is 14.5 when I was barely 18 for two weeks! lol

That receptionist sounds like a jealous shrew! Is your bf a cutie? Maybe she wants him. lol

I have been told online before that my dh is a hottie. That is why i need to lose this weight so we can be that "cute couple". Instead of people looking and thinking what is he doing with HER? hahahahahahah

Anyhow. I am super excited you want to do 1400 with me!!!

That will be alot more accountability then just throwing a number off to everyone and saying I am trying to do it. I do best when I challenge someone else.

Okay so here is the deal:

Quote:
Give me some of your planning. I could try 1400 calories with you, but not until next Monday...got a birthday party this weekend and i know that I will not be able to resist grilled burgers and ice cream and cake!
That is fine and I understand completely!!! That reminds me that I need ONE day to go a bit crazy myself every week or I will go nuts and won't stay on it.
Can you imagine if we lost 3 pounds in one 7 day period how motivating that would be?

So I am going to crunch the numbers. This is the other deal, you are WAY taller than me!!! So I am going to run your numbers thru the womens health calculator and see what your "maintenance cals" should be. Cause I am thinking if you do 1400 cals with me, you may get one day of higher cals if you like and it would still balance out.

So i will be back in a few with that.

Next, I want you to read something. It is VERY motivating. Rockinrobin is a poster here and she has lost 155 pounds!!! in like 52 weeks! or less. I will look at her stats again. I remember in january her and I were both 206 and I pmed her to say well done etc and then stress hit and I was gone for months and when I came back she was like 150 or so and I was 220!!!

Anyways I pmed her for advice and to say hey and she told me I know what to do etc, just to do it and keep it up. She is right. I asked her how many cals and she said 1200. She is 5'0. This is the point I am getting too. In the past I was scared of going lower cals and then if I plateau then what? KWIM, but guess what,

Quote:
9/04/06 - 287 lbs. 40 weeks later: 6/11/07 - 143 lbs. 1/2 my former self
That is her sig line, she has since lost 155 total but lets take 143 pounds and divide that by 9 months, guess how much she lost on average each month?

15.888888 pounds!!!!

That is insanely awesome! Ummm....where is the plateau???? Wait, there isn't one!

Obviously she is very strict and very disciplined. I know she has told me she does lots of veggies, lean protein, a little cereal, some fruit, she does stay away from potatoes, rice and bread. She started at 287 and is today at 132. Now I am not going to nix the whole grains. That is what worked for her.

SO what I am saying is if we stick to plan, we can lose too. Maybe not 16 pounds a month, but even that 3 pounds a week is doable on paper. We can do it.

I will be back I am going to run your numbers and then i am going to see what to do about a treat day for me. BRB

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112172
Old 08-02-2007, 01:34 PM   #19  
I AM healthy!

Oh Melody they break it down like this:

I put in your stats, 33, wants to be 155, 5'9, 219 now

Melody's Results

So your "maintenance cals" are just a little more a day than mine. They are 2330. Mine is 2209. Now I know you are doing alot of running, i am not sure how that translates as in correlation to walking but I guess you can adjust that or keep doing what you are doing cause it is obviously working! lol

Anyhow, bottom line is if your running/miles is similiar to what i recommended for my walking/miles (I am doing 25.5 every 7 days) and you wanted to do the 1400 cals a day, on the 7th day you have an excess calorie alottment of 847 calories!

So basically if you want to do 1400 6 days a week because you are taller than me, one day you could have 2247 calories as a treat day. Or if you want to use it like weight watchers and consider it your free calorie allotment to do with as you please thruout the week! hahahahahaah
Old 08-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #20  
I AM healthy!

I think my treat day is going something like this.....coffee and a little fruit for breakfast. a BIG multivitamin, a bad lunch! and a piece of lettuce and a slice of tomato and lemon squeezed for dressing with a piece of brocolii for dinner.

hahahahahahahah Hey, I have to have my treat day dang it! That burger better be worth it.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:45 PM   #21  
I AM healthy!

And when you said some of your planning, are you talking meal plans like the other one I posted?

I need to make one up for today too and it probably would help us to have some suggestions. One big thing I can say is LOTS o' beans! Very good for you and very filling. There are ways to tweak it too. Like that tortilla I had yesterday, 120 cals. If I get the ones from la tortilla factory(wheat) those are 50 cals. So i could have TWO for the price of one!

Last nite I had chicken, rice and veggies, if i had wanted to have that as tacos, I could of added 3 shells, 150 cals, taken out the walnuts I had earlier -162 cals. Or even with the coffee, I could do one 16 oz cup just fine. 3 minitubs of creamer = 90 cals, 2 cups of coffee = 180 cals!!! I could of shaved off 90 cals right there.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:13 PM   #22  
I AM healthy!

Todays Menu plan!!!

2 cups diced Cantaloupe (muskmelon), raw
5 Strawberries, raw
16oz Coffee, made from ground, regular
.50 cup Beans, pinto, mature seeds, cooked, boiled, without salt
1 Romeros Soft Taco Size Flour Tortillas 3
1 cup LF Kefir Cult. Milk Smoothie Prob.Bberry
3/4 cup Chicken, breast, with or without bone, roasted, skin not eaten
.50 cup Tomatoes, raw
.06 cup Onions, mature, raw
3 minitubs Hazelnut Creamer
1 cup Mom's Brown Spanish Rice(1 tbs of olive oil, 2 ~ 8 oz cans of tomato sauce, 1 onion, 1 bell pepper)
1 cup Broccoli, cooked, from frozen, fat not added in cooking
3 oz Romero's Corn Tortillas
.50 cup Cauliflower, cooked, from frozen, fat not added in cooking
7 Walnut halves
1 HUGE vitamin lol

= 1410 calories for the day 20% fat/56% carbs/24% protein

So I am out of cheese! Oh well, so I threw in a few walnuts. The fat% is 20 and usually I stick to 30 but yesterday wound up at 40% with added popcorn and butter so it evens out.

I NEED TO STICK TO THIS TODAY!!! I WILL DO IT!!!

Well good news is remember that little .50 pound that had crept up on me? It is gone!!!!! Hooray! It is no where in sight! And my tummy is looking really flat! (Well as flat as a woman my height and weight can get )

I did my 90 minutes this a.m. and going to lose 11 pounds this month!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. Having a really lousy day. Nothing is going right. I almost have my 10,000 steps in though - it averages about 3.5 miles to get there. The air broke in the car today, kids are being monsters, the garage door just broke, etc.

Anyway think I'll go to bed and wait for tomorrow.
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #24  
I AM healthy!

Awww I am sorry you are having a rotten day! Well done on the 3.5 miles!!!

We don't have a/c in the car either. Maybe it needs more freon?

Well I have an apt this a.m. 9:30-11:30 so I can't walk til maybe later tonite? Grrrrrr.......

Okay so I was not planning on yesterday being a treat day but I guess it came early. I blame it on those kids for asking!!! *chases them* hahahaah

I wound up at 2600 calories! Yeah I am mad at myself. Guess who had "diet orange soda" Yeah, no wonder. What is it with those diet drinks? Do they make any one else binge either.

Well Melody and I aren't officially starting our 1400 til next monday so I am good, just mad at myself. Lets see how today goes.

That is still 505 cals under maintenance with my walking 90 minutes so I should be okay. *sigh*
Old 08-03-2007, 10:29 AM   #25  
I AM healthy!

You know what. that is the thing, it is easier for me to walk alot then to eat less. Maybe I am better off walking 5 hours a day and eating alot more.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Default hi all!

Hello everyone! I am fairly new to this site and definately new to this forum, but I came across this challenege and thought it seemed like a fun group of people to try and get to goal with. A little about me, my name is Becky and I am a 21yr old senior at WVU. I'm so excited about graduating, but also so stressed about all the things I need to get done before next year (find grad schools). Last year though due to tons of classes, a car wreck that left me in a lot of pain, the marching band, and a job, I spread myself too thin and just grabbed whatever food I could get quickly and needless to say about 40lbs packed on. Now I'm going to get them off. Next year I'm going to be moving to a new place and a new school and probably will be teaching college freshman (it's a way to get my tuition paid for) and I wanna feel confident up there teaching these kids not worried about how I look cause heavens knows I'm already gonna be worried about being up there and speaking lol. So here goes.....

My August goals

Be able to touch my toes without pain(this is going to mean a lot of stretching and being diligent with physical therapy)

Yoga at least 2X a week

Walking/Cardio 3-4x a week

Stay within 1700 calories a day

Lose 10 lbs.

Also a big one for me, find a way to stay relaxed (when I get stressed I get very stressed and I have anxiety attacks, they are no fun and feel like my heart is going to explode, I had one last night over my long to do list and I want to stop it.)

The exercising is going to take a little work for me because I always tell myself that I don't have time to exercise, but I do. It's just a matter of getting up and going. So let's see if I can do it.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:01 PM   #27  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Weighed in this morning at 217!!!! That is another pound down. I guess TOM is has relinquished its hold on me. With that wonderful number this morning that brought my weekly average to 218, which is a whole pound lower than last week. I'm happy! That makes me down 10 pounds!!!

Mom told me this morning..."You have really lost weight. You can really tell it today!" SSSSWWWWEEEETTTT! ;-P

I had planned to run last night, but after shopping with Ds1 I was so tired. I looked at my workout log and noticed I had yet to take a day off this week so I did nothing yesterday. The rest must have done my body good, because this morning I did my C25K workout and I kicked @ss! It was awesome! Nothing much hurt, and I felt sooo good! I changed my songs on my ipod and had put alot of old school rap on it. You have no idea how good it feels to run to "The Power" by Snap! Then when Tony Tone Toni sang "It feels good." I could have run all day! The only down portion of my run was right when I had finished the workout. It felt like I couldn't get enough air. For a few seconds I wondered if I was having an asthma attack. (Never had one before.) I have had shortness of breath before, but not quite like this. I put my arms on top of my head and walked and eventually it subsided. For good measure I used my Mom's inhaler when I got back home. It felt like the humididty was smothering me. When I got home and told mom she fussed at me about the air quality being bad and blah blah blah... I guess maybe I should check that sort of stuff before I run. I may have to pack an inhaler with me. Which is ridiculous. I already pack my ipod (for obvious reasons), my cellphone (for stop watch feature even thought the #'s are too small and for emergency's that may arise) and sometimes my regular stop watch (because it fits so nicely in my hand and you can easily read the numbers while you are bouncing down the road!) If I have to drag along and inhaler too I will have to wear a fanny pack!

So workout is outta the way. I will fix my challenge ticker and post it tomorrow. I am at work and it's easier to do when I am at home. Measurement day is tomorrow! I can't wait to see how many inches I have lost!

Welcome Becky! Glad you joined us!

Stopeating and Jasmine: No air in the car. I had a car with no air once and I swore I would never own another. Ds1 was a toddler and taking him the 10 minutes to town would burn him up! His cheeks would be so red! Ask around sometimes you can find someone to fix it for a little of nothing.

Jasmine: I honestly have no idea how many calories I eat now. I used to eat continuously. I have some stomach problems and I would eat the pain away. This summer while they were runnning tests on me I had to do a liquid diet for 24 hours and then the next day nothing to eat until my procedure. The doc had to do emergency surgery on someone else and didn't get to me until 3:30. It was about 6:00 when I got out of the hospital and got to eat. 42 hours with no solid food. Something broke in me that day. I realized that I did not have to eat constantly. SO I started my diet. At first I did a liquid diet all day and then ate whatever I wanted for Dinner. Then when i felt like I had some control I added back in lunch. Lunch is usually super light, like a veggie burger or a salad and Dinner is whatever I want. I usually try to be smart about it making sure to eat whole grains and lots of veggies. And have lost 10 pounds in a month. I started my diet a month tomorrow. I really feel like I am going to do it this time. This is the longest I have held on and been positive about it for sure.

Some days I only eat one meal. Like yesterday we went to Applebees and I ate half my meal and didn't eat anything else the rest of the day.

I am a binge eater. Once I start eating I can not stop. So this "plan" I have devised keeps me in check. There is no snacking on my plan. Just lunch and Dinner. If I snack I won't stop so why start? I don't eat breakfast either. I never have been much of a breakfast eater. I have found if I eat breakfast I tend to get hungry again quicker. Makes no sense whatsoever, but it's true...

Well ladies have a great day and if I don't see you here this weekend, have a great weekend too!
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:40 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Smile

Hi Everyone ~

I'm a 3FC newcomer and love the site. HHCC looks inviting to me ... may I join your group?

I've been serious about healthier eating, losing weight & getting fit since July 1. So far I've lost 10 lbs., enter every bite into Fit Day, and have been walking regularly.

I'm kinda overwhelmed, in a good way, at all the info I don't know about eating healthy ... I thought I pretty much knew the basics (tho I sure didn't follow it), but the more serious I get about this, the more I realize how much I don't know. Oh well, I'm eating much better & have said "bye bye!" to the numerous doughnuts & sweets I ate every day. Come to find out, maple bars & cinammon rolls are NOT part of the Grains Group . Huh! Who knew

This week end I'm driving my two walking routes to get the exact mileage, and want to set a distance goal per month like I've seen in many sigs here.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone :-)
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #29  
Crawling

S/C/G: 227/160

OK, great to be aboard. Sorry there was such a lapse in my posting.

I saw a question about how long I smoked. In total, for 21 years. Unbelievable, since I'm only 36. I have quit before-- for pregnancies, for about 3 and a half years once, but started back at it for no good reason. I never smoked indoors and I think that's what helped me this time.

Anyhow, do I post stats? Goals? Are these things tracked? I'm beginning Monday.

I want to begin slowly so I don't overdo it. I'm starting exercise on Monday (5 days a week), drinking at least 6 servings of water daily, and not eating after 8pm at night. I'll weigh-in on Monday as well and then keep doing it weekly. After I get these goals down, I'll then concentrate on counting calories and making some food switches.

Thanks again for the invite.

-B
CrawlWalkRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:15 PM   #30  
I AM healthy!

Rhighlan86:

Hi welcome!! It sounds like you got a great plan to follow! I get anxiety attacks to sometimes, mainly cause of my ex. Is your blood pressure too high? Get more potassium in!

Melody:

Came in to give ya a hug and will get a more detailed response to you tonite!

Ladiibbug:

Hi hun! You are more than welcome to join us!!! WTG on the 10 lbs already!

There is alot of info but just take it 1 step at a time. I have changed slowly alot of stuff over time. New habits dont form over nite.

CrawlWalkRun

My dh smokes, since he was 13. *sigh* He smokes outside to avoid me and the kids. I wish he would quit. Anyhow, wtg on quitting!

Quote:
Anyhow, do I post stats? Goals? Are these things tracked? I'm beginning Monday.
The rules are pretty lax here. Ypou are more than welcome to post anything and every thing or nothing. lol What ever you are comfy doing, some days I post meal plans, some days I dont, sometimes I post goals, sometimes I dont. Sometimes I post too much. lol But it helps me to stay focused on healthy eating.

Y/w. I am going to weigh in on moday too! The last few days have been terrible.