Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #261

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #2  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello to all you wonderful ladies!!

nothing new on this end....I was getting into the swing of things for a weight loss challenge on another board. So, I got some exercise in today....I have been bad and forgetting to do it so now I don't have a choice! LOL

Then we are going to go for a walk after dinner. It was a blast walking after dinner before and then we got out of the habit of doing it due to fish fly season, and now we are going to get started again!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening Mindee and all JL's. Hope you all had a fine day. Mindee, glad to hear you are getting in some exercise. Me, when I get exercise I fail at food and when I do good with food I fail on exercise. Geeze....can't win. Today was not a good day, I only got in 2 miles on the bike.
BUT I did lose a pound, finally, I am in the 160's again.

The start of another week and all I can say is "I am going to TRY, try again." *fingers crossed for another pound gone!*
Old 07-30-2007, 11:50 PM   #4  

Sue~ Great job on the one pound gone! I stepped on the scale today, and I am still where I was yesterday.....but I am hoping to get things going in the loss column. Should be interesting because Tommy noticed that Marissa's has some puffy gums with white spots.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:01 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies!

How are you all doing? I had a very long post this morning....attempted to go ahead and do my catching up, had two screens up so I can go back and see who said what and low and behold.......I closed the wrong screen!!!

By that time I said forget it---times running out and I'll be late for work! So I apologize to all that I'm missing, but know that I'm thinking of ya and send you a big hug.

Jane--Thank you for starting a new thread just so I can start getting caught up!

Mindee--Did you get your after dinner walk in?? That's a great habit to get into. I get off work too late to walk after dinner outdoors. (yeah....great excuse) I will start tread milling again.

Sue--
Congrats on the one pound lost! Every little bit adds up and soon you'll be at goal.

Hello to the rest of you.

Only 3 more weeks and it's vacation time! I can't wait. We have a lot planned. And it doesn't involve a whole lot of money, just a whole lot of energy!! Hiking and kayaking are on the top of our "to do list".

Ok....girls, I need to get ready for bed soon. You all have a good night and I'll chat w/you tomorrow.

Night!
Old 07-31-2007, 03:29 PM   #6  

How are you wonderful ladies doing today? Same stuff different day around here. Tommy noticed that Marissa has some white spots in her mouth and she has been drooling and putting her hands in her mouth constantly....so we shall see how long it takes her to get some teeth in.

Marti~ Yup, I actually did get it in. Tommy said "I am only walking for a half hour since I am so sore today." I said "a half hour is fine with me for today." Today though since it is so hot, I think we will end up at the pool once he gets home from work. So, I will hopefully be able to get some laps or at least some kind of exercise done in the pool!
Old 08-01-2007, 01:37 AM   #7  

Hellllloooooooo??

Mindee, are you the only one here today??

Today was a very good work day. One person down (due to a move, they don't plan to replace her) and I'm managing to keep up w/the work! I gave myself a pat on the back for that!

Mindee--Swimming is GREAT exercise! I told James that I want to go swimming next weekend. It's suppose to get up to the 90's and that makes the water up in the mountains so cool and refreshing!

Hello to the rest of you gals out there.

Ok, since summer has hit.....I have totally put off my commitments of getting in shape. It's not like I'm sitting around just eating, but I'm definitely not watching my portion control. It doesn't matter if you eat well......if you stuff yourself until you're ready to explode, you're still not doing yourself any favors. (I know better than that, really I do!)

So.........................something has got to stick in my head and give me that push to motivate my butt. Or else those 5lbs that I want to lose before vacation is just never going to happen.

Starting tomorrow....jotting down everything I eat and start counting my calories again and drink water, water and more water.

Take one day at a time.

Ok.....I'm off. You all have sweet dreams!

Nighty night!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:08 AM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Hello...quickie here. I managed to get in 5 miles biking yesterday and 3 miles already this morning. It is going to be hot..so don't know if I will get more tonight or not. Doing great and feeling good. Be back later.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:13 AM   #9  
GmaTo8

What happened to my post from yesterday? Seriously, I posted a nice long one with individuals...... ???? Hmm, maybe I just did the post preview, then forgot to submit it???

It's August, ladies!!
The month of sales everywhere, lemonade on the front porch, and school buses!

Mindee - Jackson is cutting teeth, too, and slobbers like one of those drippy dogs, lol. Your evening walks sound like fun for the whole family.

Sue - YAY for you being in the 160's!

Marti - your vacation will be so much fun. I can just see you and James kayaking! Do you ever go camping? I used to like to go, until we moved to the country. Now I search for hustle and bustle, lol.

PJ - ah, I know what you mean - I just hate to give up my comfy shoes, too. The ones I like best have been designated to garden use only, lol.

Cristina - YW about Jules. I was thinking maybe you might not want to fight your body's natural rhythm? Neal is a night owl that stays up late and sleeps in, and feels better that way. Just a thought. Yay for one more pound down. I'm still trying to lose weight that I had regained. <sigh>

Hello to anyone reading this.

Marti mentioned being better about keeping track of the food, etc. I, for some reason, have slacked off so badly with water, and boy does that make a difference in my weight loss! Some people aren't affected by it, but most of us are. Anyway, since I'm doing pretty good with food and exercise, my focus is going to be on water. glug glug glug, lol.

I got Shrek stickers in Evansville yesterday. Also found a khaki and copper raincoat w/a hood at Burlington Coat Factory for $35!! WooHoo!! It had been $80. Also found some pjs on sale at Penney's. Made out like a bandit, lol.

Later,
Old 08-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies!

Went for my walk this morning, always feels good. Eating is actually going good and I have chicken salad planned for dinner so...so far, so good.

Went to the pool as well, man that water was a little chilly, brrrrr. Anywho...nothing else going on. Going to go buy a new lawn mower when V gets home from work. What a gift, eh? I kind of look forward to mowing...it was extra exercise for me and since we just got a yard and it is almost ready to mow I've missed months of mowing. Who would have thought one would miss mowing, lol?

Mindee...glad your mom changed her mind, I kind of figured she would. WTG on your walking.

Marti...I agree, your vacation sounds fun. I would be afraid of kayaking but have always wanted to go river rafting. V went years ago (has a picture of it) and he said he loved it! Of course I never learned how to swim and I think I would be a little afraid of falling over, lol. You'll get back on track but I do know what you mean.

Jane...you know whats funny is...on the days I don't set my alarm to get up early, I still wake up, lol. But my body aches if I stay in bed too long. Wow, little Jackson is already teething? How old is he now? Doesn't seem like much time has passed, but it passes by too fast for me. Can't believe it's August already! WTG on all the good deals! Speaking of jammies, I need some new ones.

Sue...good job on your 8 miles! Supposed to be in the 90's here today, not so humid, thank goodness but hot. The end of the week supposed to get into the upper 90's with some 97's & 98's, ick.

Hi to everyone else

I too have to get my water in Jane, totally helps with the losing weight. I don't journal what I eat but I do keep track of my water intake, vitamin, WI and exercise on my little calendars that I print out...that helps somewhat. Kind of been slacking in the water dept. as well.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Hello, hello....

Back again for a little while. I have to un-wind before bed or I will be up all night.

I rode another 2 miles for 5 today. I want to get back up to 7, but in this heat I am glad to get 5. After I rode I decided I needed to water all the plants, which took forever. You know how it is, drag the hose around and sweat your butt off. Ha... Some of the plants I had to carry water for which is a real pain.

Earlier DH and I went to Home Depot and bought a few things. Came home and spent the afternoon putting shelves together for the closet. Wow, does it make a difference. I got all of our videos, books, cds and dvds on one unit which left the other one for MY stuff. LOL. Tomorrow I need to go through the last of our boxes I had in there and straighten the rest of the closet. Have wayyyy lots of room now. Just gotta get a few more boxes for shoes and things will be neat. It has taken me a few months to convince DH that we needed to do this.....now he is like "Wow! you were right!" (why don't they ever realize we are ALWAYS right?)

Cristina- Good job on the walking and pool time. I can't swim either so the kayaking would scare the bejeesus out of me. I love to go out on a lake in a nice slow boat, but hate speed boating. A pontoon is just the ticket! I hope you and I both see another pound gone on Mon.

Jane- Whew! Isn't this weather the pits? We had to turm our A/C on Sunday and it has been going since. Probably won't get to give it a break this week. We love our shady lot and were able to just open windows all summer, except for a few humid days, until now. There always seesm to be a breeze here, but now it is a HOT one. All the more reason to drink that water...right Jane??? Let's git 'er done.

Marti- Bet you and James will have a great week. Sounds like you can find several things to do. And it also sounds like exercise to me.

Mindee- Did you get to go swimming? That is good exercise as well as the walking. I walked the dog for Mom this afternoon and after 1/3 mile I was so hot! Riding the bike at least gave me a breeze. Haha

PJ- Where are you chickie? Hope you are still walking and feeling good.

A shout out to all the MIA Jaded Ladies. Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the summer.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies

Well they got the new system running but now I have no phone LOL...they screwed up something, so now I have to get them to fix it, really glad I have a cell at least...Hubby is on his way from Buffalo NY to Ohio then back to Boston Mass, he's been running a fever and naturally can't take anything while driving so he's not a happy camper and now with the phone messed up he really is unhappy LOL...been doing an hour everyday but my toe has healed up so I got my 2 hrs in on the treadmill today...gonna go to the movies with the boy tomorrow and see The Simpson's movie...then go see the Bourne Ultimatum on Friday...well have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is 39 days away!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:16 AM   #13  

hello ladies....how are you all doing??

It is officially August!!! Where has this year gone? Before I know it, I will be having a birthday and then it will all be down hill from there! (the end of the year usually comes really quickly after my birthday for some reason) I guess the phrase “Time flies when you are having fun” seems to fit!

I started a challenge today on a couple different boards and I kept up with it! I am so proud of myself for that. Oh, and a tip to help work the abs, find a little person that weighs about 30 pounds and have them sit on your abs! I was on the floor doing crunches and Brandon came over and sat right on my abs. Let me tell you, I really felt that workout for sure!! (and it felt great!!) I am going to have him help me with them every day!! I also stepped on the scale and I am down 6 pounds from when I weighed in on the 29th of July! So, I am happy about that as well!!! I am going to have to check out the local news stations website, they have four women trying to loose 40 pounds in 40 days.

We were watching “So You Think You Can Dance?” and the first girl that danced, caught Tommy’s eye. He says to me “Is that how small you want to get down to?” I said “yeah, just about. I don’t know exactly how much she weighs, but yeah either that or close to it.” He was more for it now that he got a visual of what I am aiming for. I made a little wish list of three things for my birthday. A new digital scale, a recipe box with plenty of recipe cards, and a subscription for Everyday with Rachael Ray.

Marti~ We didn’t end up going swimming that night, but we will get into that pool sometime this year before fall comes! I really needed a swift kick in the butt, and then thankfully on two of the other websites that I am on decided to do separate challenges starting on August 1st. So, I knew right then that this was the kick in the pants that I needed!

Sue~ That is great! My sister has my bike over at my other sister’s house. She uses it to get to work and to ride around the neighborhood when she gets bored.

Jane~ Yup, Marissa is a Saint Bernard as well! My parents had both the wet mouth and the dry mouth breeds, and boy can they really slober! How is Jackson handling the teething? Those are some great deals!

Cristina~ I love your new avatar! Where did you find it at? Where there other ones like it? Yeah, she did change her mind. Then she emailed me back on Tuesday and said “just wanted to let you know that the fair ends on the 11th, if you guys want to go there after the dedications.” I know one thing is for sure, I want to get a picture of the kids with all the godparents, them separately with their godparents, and then a family picture when we are up there. I am thinking of going to the pier off Lake Huron that we used to live by.

Pink Jane~ You are doing an awesome job! Just four pounds away from your goal! You can do it! You are enough to motivate a person, like me, to get on with the show and get my booty in gear!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:01 PM   #14  

Where is the time going?????

August means that if I want to get the things done that I want done for Christmas gifts, then I need to start them now! Yes, I'm talking Christmas in August, but you know, I'm making the girls at work homemade gifts....and there are 7 girls I work with!! It just may take me all that time.

Jane--I lost my long post I had the other day too. I had two pages up so I can read and keep updated....well stupid me closed the wrong page! I just sat there in disbelief! We haven't gone camping yet. Our destinations for the week are all over Oregon in every direction so we figured going home each day would be quite alright. I'm looking forward to exploring the lava caves in Southern Oregon. Done that before and it was so much fun. A lot of giggling in the dark!

Cristina--We've gone river rafting once. White water rafting. There were about 12 of us in a raft and we were all trying to make sure that we were rowing all at the same time and not going in circles. It was so much fun but scary at the same time! It ended w/a lot of us jumping out and swimming! When James & I kayak.....it's on a lake, where it's calm and smooth waters...I would be too scared to be on the river!

Sue--You're doing fantastic w/your riding! Now when you ride are you riding on a bike trail or out in the country? We have a very beautiful bike trail (at least parts of it are) and when we ride.....it can be hectic because there are so many riders out there! Also a lot of runners. I'd hate to collide w/someone. Keep up the great work.

PJ--It's getting closer and closer to WDW time!! I bet your so excited. I hope you'll share some photos w/us (only if your comfortable with that, no pressures) I love to see others having fun. I hope your hubby starts feeling better. I think that the bad thing about being a trucker....if your out on the road when you get sick...you can't just call in a stay home all day..... Give him lots of hugs when he gets home.

Mindee--Oooohhh....I like your list of wants for your birthday. I've gotten a couple of Rachael Ray magazines and have enjoyed them. I would really like to have some of her pots and pans they sell, but not for the price they're selling them for! Mainly it's because I like the color Orange! How silly is that?

Hello to all the other gals out there.

Well I'm doing laundry and getting my house all tidied up this morning. I think I need to run the vacuum before I start getting ready for work. So....of I go.

You all have a great Thursday!!

Last edited by Marti; 08-02-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #15  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Mindee--Yes it's August!! My 9th anniversary was yesterday. Seems like once August hits, the rest of the year just flies by. You go girl with all your challenges and congrats on the weight loss.

Sue--I think I've told you before that I haven't been on a bike in years. I'd probably kill myself. We have a wonderful bike trail directly behind my house with our own community entrance to it. Congrats for hitting the 160's

Cristina--I can't swim either I love the water though. I'd go boating anyday, with a life jacket on, of course We lose our power often. We were looking into a generator once but $5,000 was a little too much right now. It's on my long term wish list along with a new garage door, king size bed, plastic surgery for my eyes....this list goes on and on!

PinkyJ--All of our phones, cable, internet are linked together, if one goes, they all go. It's all on fiberoptic cable. I hope your dh is feeling better. Can't he take a little Tylenol?

Jane--Wish you were helping me with the engagement party. We will probably have about 25 people. Planning on doing crab dip, shrimp cocktail, chicken bacon wraps (Paula Deen's), spinach dip, baked brie, salsa/chips, veggies/dip, fruit platter, orange brownies (Paula Deen's), choc covered strawberries and picked up an assort pastries/eclair/cream puff tray from costco. I may even throw in some meatballs. We'll also do some frozen drinks along with the usual beer, wine and mixers. Do ya think I got it covered??

Marti--I went to one of those "starving artist" shows once and was also disappointed. I'm about 3 1/2 hrs from Williamsburg and get most of my wall hangings at the pottery there. Very inexpensive. They sell all the prints and frames separate so you can mix and match to suit your decor.

Hig hugs to all the jaded ladies that I missed!

I've been pretty busy yesterday and today handing out money!! Got the spring on the garage door replaced, got a tree stump grinded and removed from the front yard, paid a group of mexicans to wash all 32 of my windows, paid college tuition for dd and put $$$ in an envelope to pay my cleaning lady tomorrow. No wonder I gotta go back to work tomorrow!! As I told Mindee, yesterday was my 9th anniversary. We already went out to dinner on Sunday to celebrate and last night we went dancing as usual. I got the DJ to announce our anniversary and play the same song that we danced to at our reception. The DJ even remembered that we had met at dance and that dh had proposed to me at dance, so of course, he had to remind the crowd of that info!! Made my dh blush!! When our friends asked what we got each other as gifts, we both laughed and said that I got a new freezer and he got the window washed, stump removed from the front yard and the garage door fixed, all so he wouldn't have to do it himself. We did exchange nice cards and the usual excitement

Trying to take those 3 lbs off that I gained on vacation and eating veggie powerhouse sandwiches but trying to get that water in is not going well. It's also in the upper 90's here so walking has to be early a.m. or late in the evening hoping that you don't get eaten alive by the bugs.

Well, gotta put some more screens back in the windows, change the laundry from the wash to the dryer and straighten up before dh gets home. Oh no, I wanted to dye my hair today....hmm, might still have time. Have a great day ladies!!
Closed Thread