Old 11-22-2007, 08:50 PM   #61  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
let me take this day of giving thanks to say thank you to you guys. Thanks for your support. Thanks for reading my posts. Thanks for caring. And thank you for going through what im going through. It means a lot to know that i am not alone.

How did everyone's thanksgiving go?
major diet sabotage? mine actually went pretty good. The chocolates that were set out all around the house kind of made me eat too much, but overall i think i did pretty good. How about you?
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #62  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

I'm so glad we don't have Thanksgiving in the UK-I would have majorly screwed up my diet!
I'm glad your day went well! Well done.
I am dreading Christmas day, the food is obviously kind of similar to Thanksgiving food and I eat wat too much, every year, no matter what!
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:19 PM   #63  
one day at a time

hey girls!
i havent been on in a while, finals are killing me. But, thankfully, with my mind on school, it definatly hasnt been on food.
im sitting at about 163 right now. which is sad, considering a year ago this time i was 153. But, im still going. im trying not to focus on food so much, eat when im hungry, say no when im not hungry. HOw is everyone doing?
Old 12-20-2007, 06:42 AM   #64  
I believe

Height: 5'5"

Heeeyy everyone!!
it's been a while^^
how have you guys been doing?
i checked a few things and some of you are doing great^^
keep up the good work :P
i've been doing good myself too^^
but i've been so busy with school xD

anyway
byebyee!
Laetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:15 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 190/164/129

Height: 5'3

Hey guys, im back! Its been like 6 months, I stopped dieting in July and have gained back 15 pounds... BUT im ready to start again and at least im not starting as high ad I was last time! Im starting tomorrow morning, I joined a gym and im ready to go.

-Valerie
bubblebug12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #66  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Good luck! I was just here to check our school year goal thread!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:15 PM   #67  
one day at a time

wow! whats up everyone!
for the past, idk even know how long, i have been fighting to see a 5 as the second digit on my weight.
I've been losing weight this week, though i have no idea why, because i don't think im doing anything different....maybe i am. ill have to pay attention.
So the past couple of mornings ive gotten up
163 yes
162 yes
161.5 awesome! hopefully i can reach in the 160.somthing

so, i got up this morning. Got on the scale 160.0
no way. seriously?!?
go to the bathroom. Get back on scale. 159.8 what?!? no way is that true. 159.8 in the 150's?!?!
i mean, i know its barely barely in the 150's. Like, by the skin of my teeth (where did that saying even come from?) but its still a 5. and its still in the second digit. and its still so dang exciting!

so, how is everyone doing?
Old 01-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 215-220?/200/155

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone! As you might have noticed I kind of disappeared in September, but... I'm back! Shortly after my last post I got a roommate (college-- messed up, didn't have roommate to begin with and then got one all of a sudden who actually transferred this semester and I'm back to being alone) I had been healthy up until this point but...things happened and my roommate wasn't a good influence so yeah... but I've now successfully know my campus' eating choices so I'm better equipped to eat healthy, I spent my money on a mini stair stepping machine so I can get a cardio workout in my room in addition to pilates tapes and free weights. Nice and complete! ('cause I know i'm not dragging my *** to the gym when it's this cold, snowy, slippery and a 30 minute walk!!) Last week was our first week of classes and it sucked! I don't really like as many of my classes as i did last semester and i have more homework-ish type stuff and i just generally don't like my school stuff right now. But I've decided that this semester is about me and about me being happy. I want to feel good about myself and that means getting a good night's sleep and not napping the day away, mainly drinking water, no more than one diet coke a day, getting at least 3 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit, 3 dairy, 2 protein, taking a multivitamin, and relaxing! That's my main focus, not weight loss. However, I totally want to lose weight. i just don't want that to be my main thing in life right now. I don't want to obsess about it and end up binging, you know? In addition to that I definetly want to work out but I'm still have a problem working that in so that's a work in progress. I really like those warm delights things! I know they have 370 calories each but when I have one I plan on it and it helps me steer away from bad decisions during the day so that's my treat and most of the time i end up not having it because i feel good about what i ate. Sooo it's my win-win situation. I either don't binge and treat myself in a controlled way or I simple eat healthy all day and feel good. either way, I feel good and not guilty! I'm really trying not to fall into the trap of overloading myself by trying to change all my habits at once so I am taking it slower and making changes as I can, but this is probably the most clear headed I've been about being healthy. I feel good. I still have issues though! like with self-esteem on campus and feeling good about how i look, but i'm hoping to change that as i start feeling healthier. And if i don't plan my day out the night before my day just struggles. lot of weaknesses, but trying to focus on positive.

My current goals are this:
I'm not sure how much I weigh. I think it's about 200. By spring break (in 8 weeks) I want to lose 20 pounds (not TOO unrealistic. 2-3 pounds a week) after that I have 7 weeks of school and will probably slow down (plateau) to at most 2 pounds a week, but I hope to be working out more regularly by then so I will aim for 15 more pounds. That brings my weight down to 165. My eventual goal is 145-155 (that's what my supposed healthy weight is) but I'll see. I'm pretty tall so I'll just have to see where i am at that point.

well, got to go finish studying so I can go to bed and get a good night's sleep! How are you all doing so far this semester? What are your plans?
M a g g i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Hey guys...I haven't posted for a while..sort of stopped trying and gained 23 pounds....over the course of like, 6 months. pretty bad.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #70  
one day at a time

aw summerlove! dont give up.
we are here for you.
im not doing wonderful, but im still doing okay. i gained 2 pounds so im sitting at 161 so im hoping that i will go down to 160 tomorrow morning.

Ive had a stressful couple of weeks back from christmas break, my school schedule has been all messed up and ive had to change a bunch of stuff, but of course i can't just change it, there has to be a big 'ole stink about everything and a thousand obstacles to jump over just to get stuff fixed.
But im doing good and i hope you are doing well.
Hang in there everyone.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:10 PM   #71  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

wow maggie you sound like you've got it all sussed, you have a good head on your shoulders! The best of luck with that plan, and well done for taking things slowly and not getting ahead of yourself!
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #72  

i feel kind of bipolar because i haven't been feeling too well this week but i don't know why. I haven't been drinking caffeine and i've been going to bed early but i haven't been sleeping well and the past few mornings i've woken up at 6:30 or 7 which is something I NEVER do. I can't get up that early with my alarm set AND it's not because i went to bed early. I try to sleep but i can't or i fall asleep and then wake up at 2, feel sick, and can't fall back asleep. And then yesterday after i worked out i sat down and was drinking water and all of i sudden i had to sleep. not "oh, i'm sleepy" but it was like my body decided to fall asleep and then by brain was like "oh what, oh yeah we're sleeping now" and then i leaned on my side and fell asleep. it was bizarre like i couldn't control it. the flu and some other things are going around campus but i don't always feel bad and apart from occasionally feeling nauseous and not sleeping well, i have no symptoms of being sick. And i think i'm getting depressed because of the whole winter thing. all i want to do is nothing. but then other times i'm up and alert and active. right now i just feel really torn. on one hand, i really want to be healthy and lose weight and look drop dead sexy (especially in my bridesmaid dress for october) but i don't want to do the work. and my goals are becoming increasingly less realistic. And i'm all of a sudden obsessed with it. all i think about is losing 2 dress sizes by such and such time, and now that i'm thinking more about what i eat it's all that i think about. before, i was just eating to eat and didn't have an appetite. now, i can list 20 things i'm craving. today has just really sucked. i've had a headache and even though i don't accept that as an excuse, that's what i've done with today. I haven't had any fruit, only a can of green beans, and the rest have been starchy carbs and junky food (sun chips, english muffin, easymac, chips and salsa, yogurt with granola (granola was high calorie), and for breakfast i had a bagel with full fat cream cheese (that's all my school has) and since i have a long stretch between breakfast and lunch, i had a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch too!) and then i started eating peanut m&ms too. i honestly have no idea how much i've eaten today and i'm totally disgusted with myself. 2 days ago i was really level headed but now i'm just playing into the "dieting trap"

I think i messed myself up though. after i posted my last post i started thinking about my future sister-in-law and how she basically emotionally abuses me (really long story, they've been dating for 9 years, been a ***** the whole time, and are getting married in october and i'm a bridesmaid because she has no friends because she's mean....such a longer story but there's some background) It REALLY upsets me. not just her but my family's tolerance and indulgence in it. Seriously, i'm the butt of every joke around her and she constantly makes fun of how i look. she really hated it when my hair turned curly and (in my opinion) is cooler than her so I've been able to let the hair remarks slide by now that I love my naturally wavy/curly hair, but i have a lot of issues. we are opposites not only personality wise but looks wise. I am tall and she is short. main diff. honestly, she isn't that skinny but because she is short she wears a small size (duh) but that logic doesn't stop her from constantly pointing out how tiny she is, how big i am, and oh yeah how ugly i am. I would love love LOVE to see the look on her face at easter or whenever i next see her and be skinny because honestly, yeah my nose is kind of big, but i do think i'm pretty i just have a bigger body than i'd like. even if it's not true i feel like if i were skinny i would be gorgeous and then even if she made fun of me it would be easy to shrug it off and show off my long toned legs next to her short self.

i am obsessed with this and it's ruining me. i don't know what to do. i'm self-destructing. it either motivates me or for some reason terrifies me into a state of depression. I wish i had a workout buddy here at school but i don't and there isn't anyone to fill that role and i really don't have an excuse. sometimes i feel like there's this other maggie inside of me that doesn't want me to change because then i wouldn't have my weight to blame or hold me back. that sounds crazy i know, but i'm just so frustrated with myself and i feel stuck. seriously, every day i feel differently about what i'm trying to do. Can i have the girl from my post 2 days ago back????? she had a lot more sanity!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #73  

oh and leah, i just saw this but HUGE congrats on being only 3 pounds from your valentine's day goal!!! that's awesome and valentine's day isn't even for another couple of weeks!!! yay!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:12 PM   #74  
one day at a time

so, if i can be a weight 2 days in a row, then that is pretty good for me. my weight tends to change daily.
So one day celebrating a 5 in the tens spot, easily turns into a 6 the next.
im happy to report.
yesterday:159.8
today:159.8

im hoping it will change tomorrow. but im hoping it will go down

hope everyone is doing good!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:52 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100percentME View Post

so, if i can be a weight 2 days in a row, then that is pretty good for me. my weight tends to change daily.
So one day celebrating a 5 in the tens spot, easily turns into a 6 the next.
im happy to report.
yesterday:159.8
today:159.8

im hoping it will change tomorrow. but im hoping it will go down

hope everyone is doing good!
yay!!!! that's awesome!!!

does anyone know anything about how measurements go with weight? because i don't have a scale so I'll only be able to chart my progress with my tape measurer which is fine but I'm really bad with judging how much weight that is, where i should be measurement wise and all that. Any help would be much appreciated!

how's everyone weekends going? how did this past week go? any goals for this upcoming week?