Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 08:57 AM   #1  
Long Lost Chickie

Default The Thin Group #70

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Did I do it?? Should I have done it?? Oh well, welcome to #70 anyway. Hope it's OK with all of you!
Old 12-21-2001, 09:16 AM   #2  
Long Lost Chickie

OK now. A word of advice to you all. If you have to pee really bad, DO NOT blow your nose.

And that's all I'll say about that.

Last day of work today. Presents and cookies abound!!! I'll take the presents but keep passing on the cookies, fudge, candy, etc. Oh, I hope I can keep this up. I've not been on my scale for a couple days but think I'm doing well. (Did I just jinx myself???) Actually, with all this congestion, etc. I just don't have much of an appetite. Hmmm.... new weight loss method??

Today I'm wearing the socks that Rich bought me as a gag gift. They have bells on them so now I jingle when I walk. It's funny because they're covered and a bit muffled by my pants and, when I walk by, people keep stopping and looking around because they hear bells but don't know where they're coming from. Ah, well. Tis the season to be silly!

Today, the woman we all call "the old witch" isn't in and it's just so much more pleasant around here. However, I've done some soul searching and have decided that one of my new year's resolutions is going to be to try and be nicer to her. She's obviously just old and bitter and petty and insecure and I should just feel sorry for her. Well, that's the plan anyway. I may blow that one really quick though. I just don't have the patience for meanness and pettiness.

Sam, nice to hear from you. I've always wondered what it would be like to have Christmas in the middle of summer. Most of us here think of snow and cold weather when we think of the holidays. 10 days off sounds wonderful either way!!!

Sherry, I like your family Christmas card. I keep trying to talk Rich into a nice, casual picture card but he won't do it! Camera shy, I guess. Humph.

Bought a few more Christmas presents last night. Just little things for Rich from the grocery store. Then I lapsed into panic when I realized I'd forgotten to pick up the gift I ordered from the Italian market for my dad. They were closed so I have to get there by 6PM tonight or no gift for dad!!!! Pretty stupid of me. Now I have a mission!

Well, I've been interrupted about 5 times since I started typing so I'd better go. Traffic was light this morning and phones have been quiet so far. Hoping the company president will make his usual rounds at about lunchtime and start sending people home.

Gotta run.
Hope you have a good one!
Love, Jo.
Old 12-21-2001, 09:40 AM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

Thought I would check in for a few minutes this morning to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Today is the last day of work...I'm hoping to be out of here by about 11:00. Then it's off to Swift Current for Christmas and then to Winnipeg for a few days after Christmas.

Have to be back to work on Jan. 2, but I am on call from Dec. 29. I guess that's in case we get any snow or there is an emergency of some kind. Oh well, if something happens the 29th or 30th, they are out of luck 'cause I just won't be home yet. Please pray for NO snow...

Sharon - So good to hear that your father is doing well. I have been thinking about you this week and hoping that everything was working out. Take care of yourself, too.

We opened Christmas presents last night with one of the kids. He is working over Christmas so couldn't come with us to visit the rest of the family. We had our party with him last night. Isn't growing up wonderful. I have finally moved from the "SHE won't let me..." to the "You guys are rockin." I have occassionally even had my name restored - get called mom once in a while, instead of SHE.

I'm still planning to stay OP over Christmas and occassionally use banked points.

Wishing the very best to everyone and will check in when I get home from holidays.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Luv,
Old 12-21-2001, 11:56 AM   #4  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

JO --- YOU BRAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Can't post now - gotta run ... just wanted to Brat Jo! By the way JO, you cheated! We voted for 30 posts and you only stopped at 29! hahahahaha (but that's ok - I just want to tease ya)!

Have a great day everyone - be back later.

Love, CJ

Last edited by CJ; 12-21-2001 at 12:28 PM.
Old 12-23-2001, 01:47 AM   #5  

Hi Ya'll.....

It's late but wanted to post quickly and say.....Merry Christmas to all.

We just home a friends's Christmas party.It's been a VERY busy day! This morning my hubby went shopping with me and I swore from the last shopping trip that I would never go again with him!!! I just needed ONE more gift and even though we drove around the mall for 30 minutes trying to find a parking place.......I'm so proud of him....he did good!!! LOL!!

I've got to clean house & wrap all the gifts tomorrow.I have Family & Friends coming to dinner tomorrow night (Sunday). I really enjoy the holidays, it's just so much work and rush, rush, RUSH!! Anyone else feel this way??????!!!!

Sharon~~~~I really enjoyed getting your letter! You're so sweet! I'll write back tomorrow & send you my address.I'm so happy for Dad & your Family! I just KNOW that the medicine will help him and he won't have to have surgery!! I'll keep him in my prayers.I'm also so happy that you're home and can enjoy with your kids.Talk to you soon!! Luv ya!!

Jo~~~~I laughed so hard when I read about your socks jingling!! I bet you intertained everyone!! LOL!! About the "old witch" at work....Yes, try to be nice to her.Maybe she needs a friend.I think when a person is that hateful,they don't like themself and therefore it's hard for others to like them.You're a nice person and she'll be glad for someone to be nice to her! Then again.....she may WANT you to be ugly to her too!! LOL!! BTW......You're a BRAT!!!!!!!

CJ~~~~ You said in your post that ..."You had to run and be back later." Are you STILL running????!!! I love to tease
you!! Are you all wrapped & ready to go?

To everyone else: Hope you all have a very happy & Merry Christmas! Hug your Family and let them know you love 'em!

Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 12-23-2001, 09:38 AM   #6  
CJ

Default MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Just popping in for a minute to wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS in case I don't get another chance. Am taking care of our grandkids for a couple hours in a few minutes so have to hurry ... Dick will be with me thank goodness because my back is still not good.

SHERRY: hahahahaha NO I am still not running! You are too funny! Yes, I am ready for the big day except we do have to go shopping for food for xmas day and xmas eve too.

I'm not "running" but will try to get back later on and post longer ok?

Hello to everyone!

Love, CJ
Old 12-23-2001, 11:56 AM   #7  
Long Lost Chickie

Weighed in yesterday. Down 3.4 lbs!!!!! Merry Christmas to me!!!!!

Sorry. Had to brag just a little. We're leaving for mom and dad's in about 10 minutes so I'll make this quick. Just want to wish everyone happy holidays in case I don't get another chance.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Hope everyone gets everything they want!!!

Much love,
Jo.

P.S. Typed this whole thing with freshly painted nails. I'm very proud of myself!
Old 12-23-2001, 05:46 PM   #8  

Default MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hello everyone. Well I'm at work, boo hoo. It is SO quiet here - the roads were almost empty. I live in a city where heaps and heaps of people head interstate for the holidays. This will be my first silly season here and I'm actually looking forward to it. Peace and quiet will be nice.

That said my Mum and two brothers arrive this afternoon so it won't be so quiet!

Jo - how are you losing weight this time of year? You legend! Hey, do you have progress pics? Now that you've lost so much I wanna see some - you too Peggy!

CJ - I hope your back gets better over the next few days and I hope you arew having a ball with the grandkids.

Sassy/Chrissy - have a wonderful Christmas and hold your Dad tight. Chrissy - I'm thinking of Rick right now and hope that this Christmas is easier on you and the girls than last year

Well I'd best go. Christmas Eve this year is so more exciting than last. I cannot wait to see my family and to stack all Charlotte's presents around her - which of course will be higher than her! - and take a photo.

Christmas with a new and adored baby (can I still call her a baby at 8 months?) - nothing like it!

I'll be back in a few days. Meanwhile everyone have an amazing Christmas! This is the third Christmas for me as part of this group - I've been a member almost 3 years now - and each year as people come and go, this group remains very special. I'm so glad to be a part of it.

Much love to all of you. And claps from Charlie because she has just learnt to clap her hands and so does so for the most part of each waking day! LOL
Sam
179(9 months pg)/143/130
Old 12-24-2001, 06:28 AM   #9  

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a very merry Christmas. Now that things around here are quieted down some maybe I will have some time to post. Thank you Sam for thinking of me and the girls. Yes, this Christmas is a little easier, but it will never be the same. Thank you Sam. God bless you and your little family!

My new years resolution last year was to quit smoking, which I did. One year ago January 1st, 8:30 a.m. was my last cigarette, this year's resolution will be to loose the weight that I gained.

I hope that everyone has a good Christmas. And a safe and happy new year. See you all soon.

Love, Chrissy
Old 12-24-2001, 02:03 PM   #10  

MERRY Christmas!!

Hello Ladies!

I know I haven't posted here in a while but I wanted to wish all of you and your families a safe and blessed Christmas.

I will post as soon as I can!

Sylvia
Old 12-24-2001, 04:21 PM   #11  
Long Lost Chickie

Default HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Wishing you all a very happy and safe holiday season!!

Overdid it with the cookies I baked on Saturday and the family dinner gathering on Sunday but have been behaving (sort of ) since then. Menu for tomorrow is turkey, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, spinach.... Notice I didn't mention any dessert. Here's hoping I can stick with that plan.

Either way, I'm having a great holiday and I hope that all of you, my friends, are too!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Much love, Jo.
Old 12-25-2001, 03:12 AM   #12  

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 2:00am here so it's offically Christmas!! Couldn't sleep so thought I would post.

Today was another busy day.We went to my in-laws and my Parents to exhange gifts.Tomorrow (well in a few hours..lol) we will get up, open our gifts.... then go to my Aunts house that lives about 2 hours away.My Dad's family always meet there on Christmas Day.We'll ge home around 6-7:00. It's way out in the country and the boys enjoy seeing their "country kin-folks!"

Today at my In-laws something happened that has bothered me.My hubby's niece was raised by his parents so therefore she's like a Sister to him.She & her kids have always got anything they wanted from his Parents.Which is great...but enough is enough! When we got ready to open the gifts, I overheard my Mother-In-Law tell her to wait 'til we leave to open theirs!!! I KNOW that it's better to GIVE than RECEIVE....but good grief! We got the same gift as always.....A UGLY SHIRT! Lisa & her kids gifts were piled up! I know I sound so ugly and God forgive me for sounding so bad BUT I STILL think that was a mean thing to do!! Do you agree???? And you know what? I TRULY love my In-Laws and ALWAYS have.

My Mom,Dad & Brother gave me lots of "coca-cola" things that I didn't have.Yes......I collect coke stuff!! The BEST gift was a BEAUTIFUL picture frame with lace around the inside of the frame with ...."Why God gave Mother's Daughter's". It's so pretty and I cried when I read it.

I have done sooooooooo bad on my eating.I'm scared to weigh!! But the first of the year....WATCH OUT!! I'm going to be "one BAD Momma!!" I'm going to have so much motivation, determination and give so much support...ya'll may make me leave!! LOL!!!

Better get in the bed....only have a few hours to sleep.Have a wonderful Day and again...."Merry Christmas to All".

Love & Hugs,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 12-25-2001, 08:17 AM   #13  
CJ

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! The coffee is on, the lights are all lit up, and am having a cup of coffee before getting dressed and everyone gets here for the "gifts opening". Can't wait to watch my grandkids open theres, it's always fun to watch them. We always wait for everyone to get here to open our stockings, but this year hubby says I get to open mine before anyone comes. Hmmmm .... sounds good to me.

SHERRY: I really don't blame you for feeling the way you do, especially since you heard what your MIL said. I always try to give even to my kids and spouses - my DIL always tells me I am way too generous! lol ....... If I was to give something a little extra to one family and not the other, I would do it on the side, when no one else was around but like I said, I always try to be even with everyone. I'm sure I spend a lot more on the grandkids, but that goes without saying! LOL

EVERYONE: I hope you all have a merry and blessed day today! Don't worry about your eating - tomorrow is a new day and we'll all get strict and we'll lose our wt in 2002! WE CAN DO IT!

So, I'm off to get ready for the day ... lOVE you all! Have a wonderful day.

Love, CJ
Old 12-25-2001, 01:07 PM   #14  

JUSTWANTED TO STOP IN AND WISH EVERYONE HERE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR. BLESSINGS TO ALL SANDI
Old 12-25-2001, 07:39 PM   #15  
MK

Hi everyone. Long time since I popped in!

Just wanted to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS

I miss talking with all of you, but you are not far from my thoughts. I am going to get back into this again after the first of the year. I am on vacation until Fri. I get to work the new year in. I haven't had to work on New Year's in ages. I guess I can't ;complain, because I did get this week off. I hope everyone got the hearts desires. Take care. Love Mary Kay
Closed Thread