Old 07-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default THIN WANNABEE'S CHIT-CHAT (Week of Aug 6 - Aug 20)

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

It’s 2007! Come join our weekly chit-chat! We look forward to meeting YOU!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Last edited by CJ; 08-19-2007 at 10:46 AM.
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:03 PM   #2  
CJ

HOWDIE! I hope everyone had a great July 4th! We surely did - ate way too much so am attempting to "rest" my tummy today! LOL

Hope we all have a "chatty" week! Hope to hear from you all soon!

Love, CJ
Old 07-09-2007, 06:26 PM   #3  
CJ

Hey - it's July 8th already so where is everyone? I know I was missing for a couple days myself .. we went downstate to a graduation party then spent the night in Frankenmuth and came back today but took the long long way home - drove along the shoreline of Lake Huron then ended up at Macinac City, had dinner there and came home. Back to Curves and Walking for me tomorrow!

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Love, CJ
Old 07-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

I'm here, CJ!

Yesterday was my first day back to work after having two weeks off. Man, do I wish I could have waited another week. It's been hot here. In the mid to upper 90's the last two days. Yesterday really wasn't that bad because the humidity wasn't as bad as it was today. I really hope it rains like it's supposed to do. Maybe it will cool off tomorrow if it rains. Plus, we really need the rain, too.

If my scale is right, I've gained 2 of the 6 pounds I lost back. So I am at 190. I don't think that's bad at all, considering I didn't do anything but sit around most of the time last week and play on the computer or watch t.v.

Because of money issues, I'm going to have to drop out of weight watchers for right now. I missed the two meeting after surgery, and I can't afford the weekly fee right now, let alone pay the weeks I missed. It has really hurt having two weeks off from work. The first week, all I had was two vacation days, and this paycheck for last week will by two days of disability pay and a paid holiday. If I'm lucky, I will clear a hundred bucks.

Guess that's it for now.

Have a great week!

Kim

Last edited by KimV; 07-10-2007 at 09:24 PM.
KimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:56 AM   #5  
CJ

Hi Kim:
Good to hear from you. Glad to hear you're doing well after your surgery. We've been going thru our rainy/cold spell here but sure hope it starts to warm up again - although not as hot and muggy as it was here too. Hey, 2 lbs only gained back isn't bad at all considering - now you can get back on the wagon before the other 4 find their way back - just kidding, I know that isn't going to happen! I'm sorry to hear you had to drop out of ww but you know how it works and I know you can stick to it - and if you start to get off schedule you can come here and post and we can help you get back on track!

Well, keep in touch - don't stay away too long. I need to get dressed and get a fire lit under me and get to Curves and my walking. Talk to you soon!

Love, CJ
Old 07-17-2007, 08:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/202/185

Height: 5"4'

Hello again Girls:

Its been a while since I have posted. I have been busy at work and life. I guess i fell by the way side on my diet too. But one visit to the doctor soon sent me back on the wagon. She is not pleased with my "numbers" my sugars are not great (I have type 2 diabetes), my cholestral is not where it should be and my blood pressure is not great. It all works out to a stern talking to from her and a renewed resolve to get back on track.

It is not easy but I hope to get back into the swing of things, and watch those pounds just melt away.

Now that the kids are not in school I have to battle with them, and my boyfriend for the use of the computer. I either get it early in the morning or later at night. So I will try to check in as often as I can.

Take care
Dallas
girlontheloose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:59 PM   #7  
CJ

OK -- I cheated a bit and changed the dates on this thread instead of starting a new one since there weren't many posts.

Sorry for not being around more but I am having so much trouble with my dial-up lately .. don't know if it's my service or my modem - even tho the modem is a new one, but maybe a bad one. I never had all this problem before - yes, my dial-up was sloooooow but always could get online and never got disconnected. It's enough to make me want to slit my throat - lol - just kidding, I wouldn't do that. Anyways - I'm waiting for someone to come out and install a dish and I'm going Satallite - NO MORE DIAL-UP FOR ME! Because we are so far into the woods I can't get cable, and I've been waiting forever for our phone company to get the phone lines set up for DSL -- but can't wait no more so am getting Sattalite instead. I cannot wait!

Dallas: So glad to have you back posting with us! We missed you! We all fall off the wagon one time or another - you can get back on, I know it. We'll help you along. I'm still walking at the Sportsplex .. some days I just feel like staying home, but I make myself go - even if it's only a couple miles, as long as I do something. Post as often as you can - will love to hear from you and how you're doing.

I've had a few "extra" goodies this week as it is Alpenfest Festival in our town. It started on Tuesday and ends Saturday nite ... I've not been real bad but have had a few treats too many in my opinion.

Well, off to beddie bye for me. Hope to hear from everyone soon!

Love, CJ
Old 07-19-2007, 11:25 PM   #8  
Candice

S/C/G: 232/191/135

Height: 5'2

Hello all,
Following CJ's recommendation, I thought I'd chit-chat for a bit! I am Candice, been a WW for 2 years, lost 40 lbs, and have about 60 to go! Been off focus lately, but trying to get it back! I have had a great few days with really good workouts and eating choices. Today I did a total bosy strength training workout and then swam a few laps. Afterwards I layed out in the sun to dry off and it felt so good to just lay there and relax after the hard workout - I almost fell asleep!

Kim - I too stopped going to WW meetings because of money issues. Sometimes I miss it, but being on different weight loss boards helps me out and I find the support I need. Meetings are great, but we can still lose weight even if we aren't going to them.

Good luck to all on your weight loss journey!
jandc04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:32 AM   #9  

Location: Southeast Asia. That's why my postings look like middle of the night.

S/C/G: 178/177/??

Height: 5' 3.5"

Nice to meet you, Candice. Losing weight requires so much out of
a person, it seems so unfair when it costs money too.
I've got a cold and I'm off-plan until I'm well.
Lisa
DeterminedLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:45 PM   #10  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Here I am!

Hi everyone,
Wow lots of people on the Wanabee's site now.

Well I have just been busy, still have been going, we went for the 4th of July to Pennsylvania for a Mopar car Ken wanted to go to, than we went to Washington D.C for a couple of days and that was nice. It was the day after the big July 4th fireworks around where the monuments are. We went the next day and I guess there were over 8 million visitors there, it was even televised I guess.They had some of the monuments roped off and closed to the public, like the WW 2 one, cause they were going around looking for unexploded fireworks and so we had to miss that one. But we did see the rest of them, Ken had never been there, but I had been several times with my work when I had went for training. I got pretty good at taking the Metro/subways when a group of us wanted to go to D.C from Maryland, where we had our traning, to go out to dinner. So I showed him how to work that and we ended up parking in Maryland and taking that to save money and so we didn't have to drive downtown there. It saved a lot of headaches for us. But we had fun, ate downtown and saw the sights. That is a really impressive place, to think that's where lots of hisory is, and we really enjoyed it so much.

So hopefully we will stay around for a while, till Sept for a week we are going to Oahu,Hawaii and I am so excited, never have been there and I can't wait for that. It will be Ken, son, Dan and I my daughter, Tracy, she just had the baby, Tyler on Easter and can take some leave from the Air Force to go with us. Kind of a get away for her, the baby will be 5 months old and her husband, said he will be alright for a week with him. He can take him to day care and go on to work. Daughter, Kelly will be having her baby in October and says that is too close to toe dute date for her to travel. Alan, in the Air Force as well, will still be in South Korea so he can't come either. We will be going around Sept 15th to the 23rd, so it is coming up. We will be right on Waikiki Beach so lots of action there.

Other than that, just getting ready to have a garage sale with daughter, Kelly from around Indy in couple of weeks so been trying to clean the basement to have some touch love and fin things to get rid of. Than the 1st week of Aug Tracy and myself will be giving a baby shower for Kelly, so just been busy busy busy. But I wanted to post and see what is going on and let you know I am still around.

CJ-I hope you had a great time at your friends graduation party. I love Frankenmuth and that great fried chicken they have there. When we lived in Michigan that was my favorite place to eat, they give you so much food, it is like a dieters downfall. Did you get some chicken while you were there? Thanks so much for the great Birthday card in the snail mail, I just loved it, it was soooooo cute! I sent you an email a while ago, hope you got it. Oh yes, you had asked about how our meeting with son, Alan's girlfriend, Tina's parents went in Pittsburgh, Pa? It went really well, we all got along so well and both love each other kids so much. Hope we have another wedding one of these days. Yes, and I told Kel about the blanket you are making for Brandon and she said that was so sweet of you and can't wait to see it.

Kim-It sounds like you are doing well after your operation. Sorry you had to drop out of Watchers, but for now you have all the materials so maybe you can follow the program and when you can afford it go back. I know you are not happy to have to go back to work after being off, but that is great that you only gained 2 lbs though. It was really hot here, but thank goodness it has started to cool off.

Candice-Hi there, glad to have you with us. first of all congratulations on your 40 lb weight loss and for all your hard work with your Weight Watchers program, I too go but have a way to go as well. We are in the same boat too. Those workouts and swimming you do is sure to help you to get to your goal. Wow you live in Hawaii? We are going there in September for the 1st time, to Honolulu and I can't wait. You are lucky to be living there, what perfect weather. Where is Wahiawa, on what island?

4me4ben4will-How you doing with your Leslie Sansone tapes? I need to dig mine out, I used to walk to them almost daily, but now I go to Curves, but I want some variety so need to get them out and use them too. I have about every single one of them, have dozens of them, love them all. How was your big family reunion for the 4th Of July go? I am sure you did a great job at your parents house, do you want to come to my house next? My husband said I need to be ruthless and throw a lot of my much treasured JUNK out in the basement, but some of it I just can't bear to. Well that is what I am in the process of doing right now, but having a hard time getting rid of some things. I really need to de clutter, so will try to have some tough love with my stuff. LOL

PattiAnn-Welcome to our wonderful group. Glad you decided to join us. You will love it here. Where do you live in Michigan? I am orginally from there, the Detroit area, Mt Clemens to be exact. We have been in Indiana about 15 yrs, due to a job move for my husband, we came here with our 4 kids, but I miss Michigan and all of our family is still there so we love to go back as often as we can. Good luck with all your walking, that is sure to get you to where you want to be.

Dallas-Hey girlfriend, don't worry about being gone or falling off the wagon as I am doing that as well. But let's just make the best of things and start fresh, and help each other get where we want to be. I know you will make those numbers that the doctor said are not great be where they are soppose to be. Keep at it and take it one day at a time and I will do the same.

Lisa-Don't worry too much if you went off your low carb for your daughters Birthday party. At least you didn't eat the frosting with it like I would have done. I am sure you got right back on the band wagon and are doing great now.

Ja23-A big welcome to you as well. Hope you will post often and let us get to know you. This is a wonderful group and we can all help each other get to where we want to be.

kitkit/Marie-I am glad you posted with us, a great big welcome to you as well. We talk about anything and everything here, losing weight and how we are all doing in life. We will help you keep up with your diet and visa versa.

Weight wise I am not getting where I should be, so much traveling and goings on, but I really want to try in the next 6 weeks so I can fit better into my clothes when we get to Hawaii in September. So I am really trying to do everything right and that includes going back to Curves, drinking lots of water and making better food choices too.

Take care everone, will talk to you all later, Love you guys, Sharon
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:32 PM   #11  
Candice

S/C/G: 232/191/135

Height: 5'2

Hi Sharon
I live on Oahu, Wahiawa is located in the center of the island basically. I know you will have tons of fun when you come to visit. Staying in Waikiki? Ugh! Sorry, I am a country girl and don't like Waikiki, although there are some really neat places to go to and nice restaurants to eat at down there! I like the North Shore better. Sunset Beach is pretty popular and a beautiful drive up around the northern tip of the island. Don't forget to stop at Dole Plantation (about 10 minutes from where I live) and get some Dole whip - like a frozen yogurt! Anyhow, I am sure you have lots planned, but those are some suggestions that get you out of the clustered city for a bit!! Also, there are some great places to hike - get your exercise in, even on vacation!!
jandc04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:48 AM   #12  
CJ

Here I am! I'm a happy camper today! NO MORE DIAL-UP!!!! I am now finally set up for Satallite internet. It took a couple weeks - had some problems as we are totally surrounded by huge trees but finally we got a clear view of the SW skies! and NO MORE DIAL-UP!! Of course, our dish is almost touching the moon - ha ha - just kidding. But it is up pretty darn high! Did I tell you I am a HAPPY CAMPER!! LOL ...

OK .. I cheated on our thread title again ... I didn't start a new one just changed the dates. So come on everyone - LET'S DO SOME CHATTING!

I"ll have to come back a bit later to address you guys more -- I am in a hurry right now and have to run but I wanted to "check in" ... I hope the rest of you will "check in" also!

Later ...
Love, CJ
Old 08-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #13  
CJ

Hey - come one - where is everyone? Come out - come out - wherever you are! It's lonely in here by myself! I used my deordorant - HONEST! LOL

Well, don't have much to report right now .. but sure hope I hear from you all really really soon!

Love, CJ
Old 08-02-2007, 09:49 PM   #14  
CJ

??????????
Old 08-03-2007, 07:54 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Boy am I glad it's Friday!

I have been working about 50 hours a week since coming back to work after my surgery. It's been crazy at work.

Hopefully, starting next week, things should return back to normal. Unfortunatly, we are back down to 4 days a week. The good thing is my dept. is at the end of the line, and I will get my 8+ hours a day. Hopefully I can stretch it out to 10 hour days and still get my 40. Most dept. at my job aren't getting a full 8 hours a day.

I am down to 185 now. I'm still not back at WW yet, but if the overtime is slowing down, I can probably start going again. I have had to work untill 7 p.m. every night, but my hours are changed again (go in at 7 a.m. instead of 8:30 a.m.), so I'm hoping even if I cont. with the OT like I was, I will be getting off at 5:30 instead of 7.

Not much else to post. I have got to run and get Hannah to school. Then mom and I are having a yard sale all weekend (joy, joy, joy).

Have a great weekend!

Kim
KimV is offline   Reply With Quote