Old 07-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #16  
loves kleenex box art

How strange it is to speak of one's child's lover. Ooh la lah indeed. I fear lcp may hve broken up with ds. He won't talk but I know she was fed up with his not talking and not doing.

I am quite depressed. Just got a rejection letter in the mail. How CAN I GET A JOBBBB That I Want???? I am so sad.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:28 PM   #17  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

this wasn't the job that you just were talking about??? crap!! tell me peachbot,would you be willing to relocate to have a job??? i was wondering if there were other states nearby that have teaching jobs??? poor ds---i hope he isn't depressed----the first love thing is hard on the kids------------i like saying 'lover' cause it sounds old fashioned to me,or european,or romantic-----maybe i am living in a dream world,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:32 PM   #18  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

two of the kitties are friends,the other one is an old bag of misery.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:46 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
I haven't watched or read the news all week. Is the world still there?
The world is definitely still OUT there. WAY out there. I have subscribed to nearly a dozen liberally biased e-letters that keep saying how @#$%'d up the US government is getting. Perhaps sailing on a catamaran would be an improvement.
DH and I rectified our misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
I am quite depressed. Just got a rejection letter in the mail. How CAN I GET A JOBBBB That I Want???? I am so sad.
You already know: the best antidote to depression is ACTION... AND that's how you've gotten your other jobs and interviews, etc. etc. Keep at it. You can do it! YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
two of the kitties are friends,the other one is an old bag of misery.
I'm taking a figure drawing class. DH won't let me draw him... and our cat is brown with browner stripes. Next cat I get will have to be LIGHT COLORED so I can see where her lumps and bumps are! Plus she tends to hide (see below!)

Today was OK food wise. The stickers are still a necessity (juvenile motivation rah rah rah I was unceremoniously awakened by the Police Department awaking me (I'm on call this weekend) and needing me to console/help a woman who's husband died in his sleep last night. She, her daughter and their gorgeous golden labrador retriever were doing way better than I anticipated. She doesn't know it, but I'm adding this woman to my role model list. Spry, slim, sharp at 77 (had pretty silk pj's on when I first got there.)

I went to the gym on the way home. (Had some anger that such a difficult thing happened to such a neat family.) Am now VERY sore! Serves me right, because I skipped the gym since Monday.

Ran errands a big, came home in time to meet the "squirrel trapper." He says the squirrels (or possibly RATS.... YUCK) were definitely IN THE ATTICK. They prefer the insulation in the corners and take it outside to their "real" nest he says. YUCK YUCK. I'm so glad we were only a brief stop over and supply station.

Had dinner out then went to Half Price books. Found an anatomy/drawing reference and novels that I'd missed... (Elizabeth Adler) I should be able to read myself (rather than feed myself) to sleep for at least this week.

Hope I don't get called out in the middle of the night tonight... and that all of you have a good remainder of the weekend.

Last edited by PainterWoman; 02-27-2008 at 03:46 PM.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:57 AM   #20  
loves kleenex box art

Bagzie, I have this HOUSE which is cheaper to pay for than rent and that includes the tax and insurance. Other than that, I'm willing to move.

Thanks for the rah rah Painty.

Bagzie, there is one job left out there that I am not rejected from yet.

Don't you hate it when you call and say

"May I speak to Mr. Smarkcledder."

and she says

"May I ask who's calling."

"Peaches O'Cowpie."

"Oh. I'm sorry. He's in a meeting."

Don't you HATE THAT.!! It is so rude.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:50 AM   #21  
fatter than U

Wink

1. We're spending the day taking our little baby to summer camp, 2 1/2 hours away. I will miss him.

2. My mother also can't do carp on the computer. But she is fully able to send me ancient internet urban legend chain letters and pictures of fluffy kittens.

3. A rejection letter is NOT a rejection of you!

4. I have never had a Danish love. There's still time, I suppose.

5. Mostly when men are cranky it's not about us.

6. Lcp breaking up with Peach Jr. might be the best thing that ever happened to him, he just doesn't know it yet.

7. The world is still here and it's as boring as ever.

8. ds11 went to swimming party yesterday and not knowing they were going to an outdoor pool I forgot to put sunscreen on him. Oops. Ask me how guilty I feel.

8. Mixing grape jelly with ketchup would be considered a sin here but you can buy tubes of ketchup and mayonnaise mixed together in stripes like toothpaste. That's what people eat with fries.

9. The Dalia Lama is visiting Germany. They did a unofficial poll and found out that he's more popular than the Pope. Well, duh.

10. Must go pack more stuff and make everyone breakfast.

Last edited by SugP; 07-22-2007 at 04:41 PM.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:30 AM   #22  

I am missing my herdette.

Peachie-- I just know a job will find you!!!! Its deeepressing I know but keep yer chinny chin chin up.
Oooh, poor DS..the loss of first "paramour" (I like that word, its soooo sofistikated) is hard to take... especially those quiet sensitive sorts..

Kiwi: You were here and I was near there... I go back there tonight. The office is in cambridge about 3 miles from Logan.. I stayed at the Hyatt last week smack dab in MITs campus. The only exercise I got was walking along the Charles River.

Painty: What a wonderful vocation you have helping people I feel for that lady.. I came this close to her experience..however, I would have been in stained sleep shirt and ratty pants.

Bagz... I hope those 'mericans spend lots of greenbacks on smelly soaps and fridgadaire magnets!!! Did the DDS bring back any Danish? not men, the pastry? Have a cheese danish for me.

Suggie-- I hope you feel better..where are you packing too? details woman!

A typical Sunday morn in Schatziville.. DH is yelling at the TeeeVee as he watches "Meet the Press" ..
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:55 PM   #23  
loves kleenex box art

I am so educated by Sugar !!! I know now about "fully kittens" and toothpastish condiments. I love you, Sugar!!

And if Shotsy says I'll get a job then, by golly, I will.

I am ahead in the postcard contest by a few points. I will win!! I will conquer!!!!

This nice Scots lady who postcards with me told me about the Glencoe massacre wherein a bunch of people (Campbells and stuff) stayed with the MacDonald's. They stayed in a bunch of MacDonald houses, ate dinner, slept in their beds, accepted their hospitality and got up in the night and killed them all. It was because someone liked the king and someone didn't. Luckily we don't do that too much here because all those Bush voters would be feeling guilty about now.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:16 PM   #24  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i started a fight between two new jerseyites in the shop---i said the money would get better {as in be worth more} when the war stopped and i was tired of seeing all these twenty something young men die in EYE-RACK {as some of the big boys are calling it} WELL!!!! this one woman totally agreed with me but her friend who was on the cruise with her got all huffy at us and said 'WOULD YOU RATHER THEY BE OVER HERE KILLING US ON OUR OWN SOIL"-----so i got all sorry cause i caused a fight and said 'don't fight---sorry sorry sorry!!!" and they were still a little miffed at each other { and the other one whispered to me--i agree with you} anyway,i gave them each a pewter canada coin that we have for good luck with a maple leaf on it---i also told them i was against CANADIAN boys being killed in Afghanistan so i wasn't anti american or anything!! WHEW!!! i should keep my big mouth shut----last year a man got all mad at me cause i said i was excited that the Dixie Chicks were coming to town!!! TOUCHY TOUCHY TOUCHY !!!OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:46 PM   #25  
fatter than U

Oh yeah, politics and earrings don't mix! But it seems like whatever one says, someone else will take offense and go off all huffy so I guess it's just better to talk about the weather or something.

Fluffy kittens. Fluffy. I'm a carpy speller. I just talked to my mother and dad and brother and li'l tiny baby on video chat. Fun, but you have to make sure you're dressed and there's a 5 second delay.

ds11 is now safely at camp getting all soggy in the rain.

Schatz - I was packing camp stuff. Not for me, I'm afraid. Two weeks in a tent would do me in, I think.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:19 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
2. My mother also can't do carp on the computer. But she is fully able to send me ancient internet urban legend chain letters and pictures of fluffy kittens.

3. A rejection letter is NOT a rejection of you!

4. I have never had a Danish love. There's still time, I suppose.

8. ds11 went to swimming party yesterday and not knowing they were going to an outdoor pool I forgot to put sunscreen on him. Oops. Ask me how guilty I feel.

8. Mixing grape jelly with ketchup would be considered a sin here but you can buy tubes of ketchup and mayonnaise mixed together in stripes like toothpaste. That's what people eat with fries.

9. The Dalia Lama is visiting Germany. They did a unofficial poll and found out that he's more popular than the Pope. Well, duh.
I'm going to tell DS that he can quote you about HIS mother: can't do CARP!
Definitely something fishy going on. Remind me not to send you fluffy kittens. (Do you like off-color jokes?)

Cowie: the advice is right: job rejection is NOT a rejection of you. If it isn't a good fit, be glad you aren't there. cue music: There's a plaaaaaace for you....

I would like to have a shot at living the life of Isak Dinesen. Then you could BE the Danish lover. Having one's probably cool, too.

Hope DS11 isn't blistered. At 11, he COULD have figured it out, I think.

Is "currant jelly" and ketchup any more OK than grape? It really IS pretty yummy when warmed up into a sweet/sour kind of sauce. They have that mayo & jelly stuff here, too. I think it's gross. ESPECIALLY on fries! Oh well, we didn't get to 3FC because we were smart about food, right?

I like the Dalai Lama better than the pope. Should I move to Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
i started a fight between two new jerseyites in the shop---i should keep my big mouth shut----last year a man got all mad at me cause i said i was excited that the Dixie Chicks were coming to town!!! TOUCHY TOUCHY TOUCHY !!!OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!
Perhaps there's just lots of rancor in New Jersey. Might not take much to set 'em off. And, I think you've been vindicated about the Dixie Chicks. Just my opinion. Be bold! Be yourself.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:24 PM   #27  
Member w/ messiest house

Did I mention I'm home? I'm home. I'm tired. We had to get home yesterday because DD's BF's grandmother died and they had to go up to the back of beyond to the funeral this morning.

DH is grilling chicken for my dinner. Of course I did all the prep work and all the other items....

ta

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:37 PM   #28  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

WELCOME HOME MISS NEW ZEALAND!!!!----sorry to hear about the grandmother---hope the family is okay----i always like it when i know you are home and keeping the herd under control----maybe you can keep me from starting fights with yankees!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 12:40 PM   #29  
Member w/ messiest house

Thengku. I was hoping to get into it with a few New Jerseyites myself. But I had to behave myself with 3 impressionable young people in the cah. But of course you are quite right, we can't get into an international incident over such things as dumb people's views of the world.

I actually listened to Karl Rove on the radio yesterday. I get why he is where is -- he has an answer for everything and is an incredible manipulator of the conversation. I completely agreed with him on the immigration bill, which made me wonder if he was lying. I think he's a seamless liar. At least I didn't have to look at him while he was talking.

The bf's family is doing okay, as okay as you can be when you have a gigantic family dealing with a death.

Jet turned two years old and I think we should have a birthday party. At least a Frosty Paws and a new toy, don't you think?

I have some lovely pics of beach and family, will post on Facebook when I have time. Ta

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #30  
loves kleenex box art

Dear Little Children Cows:

Yesterday, I flipped out. I yelled things at DS and threw things around. This is because of the letter that is not a rejection of me AND that I went to dinner at friend's Sunday night and her mom, retired teacher, was there. I took along my portfolio to see what she thought of it and she said it was more than "they would be interested in."

Then she said they hire people they know.

Then she said "they know you."

So .. they know me and they will not even interview me. I gave up all hope yesterday but instead of going right to the bridge and throwing myself off, I just threw a fit around the house. Honestly, I don't know what to do. They advertise these jobs on their web sites and you apply there. I've been to most of the schools. Calling has not proved fruitful as they don't answer. I am simply out of options.