3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   70-ish to lose weekly checkin 7/2-7/8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/116721-70-ish-lose-weekly-checkin-7-2-7-8-a.html)

queenjane 07-02-2007 02:39 PM

70-ish to lose weekly checkin 7/2-7/8

It's a week full of temptations (bbq's a-plenty!) and opportunities for sneaking in some exercise (at the lake, at the pool, a rousing round of badmitton, fly a kite)...please check-in with:

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):

What's your goal this week:

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week:

queenjane 07-02-2007 02:42 PM

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 213. Up. Darnit. Must be all that muscle I'm building. Or those m&m's I ate last week. Or maybe it's the pre-bloat that happens every month.

What's your goal this week: Stay on-plan, log some minutes toward my July exercise goal.

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week: We only fail when we stop trying!

Ethereal 07-02-2007 03:12 PM

Thanks queenjane!

What's your weigh-in: 210, down from 212.6 where I started! Week 1 down - rest of my life to go~

What's your goal this week: I'd like to lose another 1 - 2 pounds this week, despite temptation, to reassure myself that the last 2 pounds weren't just water. I'll also schedule an extra exercise session to make up for any extra calories on the big day.

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week: This is for the rest of your life, and there will always be holidays. Enjoy the family, friends, and fun, and let yourself enjoy the food as well - in moderation or with healthy alternatives!

ThinGirl in FatBody 07-02-2007 03:20 PM

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): I don't have a scale, my next weigh in at the dietitian is July 14th, I think I have lost a little bit more since last weeks weigh-in of 198, or it could just be my body toning up from exercising every day, in any case I wore a skirt today that I haven't been able to wear in 4 years. (size 16)

What's your goal this week: To only eat my own dinners and not be tempted to cheat with bites of my husband's or daughter's dinners. :o

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week: Keep your eye on the long term goal, don't be swayed by the temptations to gratify yourself now. :hug:

2Bthinagain 07-02-2007 06:56 PM

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 223.5 last week, 221 today.

What's your goal this week: To eat healthy when I attend a Moms night out on Saturday. Also to drink lots more water.

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week: Food is fuel. Eat for energy and for health.

MeGaLiciouS 07-02-2007 07:20 PM

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):194... That has me losing 2 lbs over the weekend.

What's your goal this week: I want to make sure I stay on track even during the holiday. I hope to lose another 2-3 lbs this week so I can meet my labor day goal of weighing 174.

Do what you think is right for you! If you want to maintain your weight loss you have to make the right choices during the holiday. If you eat a burger, work out a little more the next day. However you have to go about taking care of you in a HEALTHY way, do it. Happy holiday!

hotmama2three 07-02-2007 07:30 PM

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 217

What's your goal this week: 214

Drink your water and if there is a certain time or an activity where you tend to overeat try to do something else. =)

2Bthinagain 07-03-2007 10:14 AM

I woke up at 4:30 today and was in the gym by 5AM ! That is a HUGE deal for me, becauase normally the kids and I sleep until 6:30 or 7. On weekends hubby lets me sleep in as late as I like. Getting up at 4:30 was HUGE. The gym was EMPTY. Three people there! During the day when I take the kids it takes more than twice as long because of preparing them, packing things up, loading them into carseats, holding hands walking slooooow thru the parking lot, dropping them off @ child watch at the gym, ....THEN working out when it's always crowded, not getting to all the machines, then going to get the kids, stand in line to sign them out, walk slooooow back to the van, strap them in ,etc. A million times faster without the kids (3 and 5) and was able to do all the machines.
Just proud of myself that's why I posted;)
I hope next Monday I'm down MORE than just two pounds :^:

katallan 07-03-2007 11:08 AM

Hi everyone! Hope your day is going great!

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): I don't weigh in til thurs. I am trying to break the habit of weighing everyday and getting terrified with the daily fluctuations!

What's your goal this week: My first goal is to stay on track and not over indulge with it being a holiday tomorrow! My second is to lose 2 pounds this week!

What encouraging words do you have for the rest of us this week: You are in control! Food is not!

queenjane 07-03-2007 12:06 PM

Ehereal -- you're right, this is a lifetime thing and if we aren't enjoying ourselves along the way, it'll be harder to stick to our new healthier habits!

T-Girl -- YAY! Size 16!

2BThin -- 4:30AM -- WOW! That is dedication. Great job on your loss.

Megalicious -- Also, a great loss!

Hotmama -- Awesome overall progress -- 28 down must be looking good on you!

Katallan -- Feel free to post a weigh-in later this week (or not). This is kind of a loosey-goosey thread, and you can use it however it works best with your life and plans!

Happy 4th Everyone!

Ethereal 07-03-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Bthinagain (Post 1758036)
I woke up at 4:30 today and was in the gym by 5AM !

That's crazy! I hope you're able to hit the sack early to make up for it or grab a nap; I do so much worse keeping up with everything when I don't get enough sleep.

Way to go!

ThinGirl in FatBody 07-03-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Bthinagain (Post 1758036)
I woke up at 4:30 today and was in the gym by 5AM ! That is a HUGE deal for me,

Wow, and I thought I was being good walking my daughter to the camp bus at 7:30am :D. That is excellent, keep up the good work!

2Bthinagain 07-04-2007 12:41 PM

I want to do it more often, but I admit I was pooped all day. When the kids got up I just laid on the sofa for about an hour and let them watch cartoons. Even without getting up at 4:30 I always need a nap, I am guessing it's the weight, and the sooner it comes off maybe I won't be so tired all the time? Since today is the 4th I didn't go, but tomorrow I am planning on getting up at 4:30 again.

ThinGirl in FatBody 07-04-2007 02:30 PM

Yeah, I think getting up at 4:30am everyday will wear you down, but once in a while is awesome, good luck with tomorrow morning!

heath13 07-04-2007 03:32 PM

Happy 4th everyone,
Sorry tht I have been MIA the last couple of days. I have had a lot going on around here. My hubby leaves for 10 days on Sun. to the Bahamas for training, so we have been trying to do a lot together with the boys and friends. He is starting work ups that will last through Jan., and then he will be gone in Feb. for 6 months. I have not been routine about anything like I wanted to and hve not weighed in. I will tomorrow and see where I am at-up more than likely.

You all seem to be doing great! I need to get on daily because reading all of your posts is really motivating for me. Ok gotta run. We are going to a neighbor's house for a cookout in a couple of hours. Be back later.
Heather