Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:29 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning folks! It's lovely in my part of Canada again today. We needed blankets last night! Gotta love that. Hot enough to enjoy the outdoors during the day and cool enough for blankets at night.

A poster called marblez is looking for WeightWatchers yogurt on the west coast. Anybody know?
Old 07-12-2007, 10:12 AM   #47  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

I hear ya, Susan - it's so lovely today, and I slept SO well last night - not too hot, not too cool; just like Goldilocks!

My treadmill arrived yesterday and two burly men delivered it for me; after dinner, I made a start at putting it together... just about two hours later (and some VERY colorful language!) I had it all set up - it looks fab! I'm very excited, but I ran yesterday morning, so today is not a running day... but I might just have to 'play' with it anyway!

Just busy busy busy here - I'm quite tired looking after my mum, but I'm sure she'd do the same for me

Hope everyone has a great day, and the sun is shining where you are!

Heather
Old 07-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #48  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

I didn't know there was a Canucks thread. Hello everyone .

It's HOT here again this week, and my kids are a little sunburned - not watching them closely enough outside. Oops. I feel as bad as them.

Thank goodness for basements for exercise, although getting back into running is hot - I didn't live here when I ran, but up north.

Well, I just wanted to say Hi to all the other Canucks.

Jax
Old 07-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

It is humid here in NB. I want heat not humidity. i cannot go out cause of asthma so my poor kids r stuck inside.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Well yesterday I stopped on my way home from work to run some errands. Went to catch the bus home because it was HOT and humid (weird for Vancouver!)... and TWO buses drove past me! I walked home (a little over 1K flat, and another 1K up a huge hill) and was dripping with sweat by the time I got home. Yucky, but hooray for a little added exercise!

Heather - WOO HOO on the treadmill set up!

Susan - I'm in Vancouver, and I've never seen the WW yogurt at the grocery stores I shop at (IGA and Safeway). In fact, I don't think I've ever seen *any* WW products here.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #51  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

First off, thanks for all the humidity you sent east. Boy do I wish I could send it back. I know, I know . . . that'll teach me to complain about how unseasonably cold it has been this year. Yuck. Second I have to throw a little over my stupid scale. It was back to 226.6 this morning; naturally, now that it's not official. Oh well, at least I know that number is out there somewhere. Since I'm feeling a little jaded about this weight-loss-stuff today; thought I give you this little list to add to your pile of reading for today . . .

D I E T is a four-letter word . . . that really means . . .

Disallowing Imperfection Equals Trouble
Dangerously Inadvisable Eating Tactics
Deprivation Inevitable Everything Taboo
Don’t Imagine Eating Treats
Definitely Inviting Eternal Torment
Deceptive Industry Eating Trap
Desperately Impossible Eating Targets
Doomed Investment Every Time
Determined Initial Enthusiasm Temporary
Done In Every Time
Deny Ingesting Everything Tasty
Did I Eat Today

Hope you all have a really great day . . . see you soon . . .
Old 07-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

Hello everyone ,

It is gross weather here today . It is muggy (is that how you write muggy) anyway , I have had a bad day at work and I could actually feel my blood pressure rise. I had pain in my arm and in my chest . I was so mad and worked up . My manager has no tact and we just do not see eye to eye. I wish she would get off her high horse . Oh well i was able to leave work due to it being slow about 1hr earlier than my shift end . Now i have a really bad craving for not so healthy foods and i may go to Dairy Queen later as I have to stop next door for my daughters Dance pictures . I can't wait !!! Hee he he they are finally ready .

Oh yeah . I said i would give a follow up . I did not get off my butt the other day . I did not do my workout , however I did clean some of the house. I am considering that my workout. I did break a sweat . Hee he he .

Marianne - I think if you can get your food ready and freeze it ahead of time , it is that much quicker to just grab something out of the freezer than trying to figure out what you feel like eating and then making it .

see ya all later , I have to go help my husband , our 4 1/2 yr old is filthy , she just came in from playing in the muddy driveway . at least her hair isn't dirty.

annette
Old 07-12-2007, 09:31 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 180/180/120

Height: 5'2

Smile Noobie :)

Hi Everyone

I'm new here, and wanted to say this looks like a really great forum, I think this is going to help out a lot

Last edited by WaterlooGirl; 07-12-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:23 AM   #54  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning everybody . . .

Well . . . it's Friday the 13th again . . . and it looks like another humid one here in Atlantic Canada . . . OMG, I hate the humidity, even when it isn't particularly hot, it just seems so enervating. Nothing big on my agenda for today . . . think I'll just hibernate.

Welcome to the group, WATERLOO, and . You've definitely come to a good place for lots of support while travelling down the long winding road to better health and fitness. I'm originally from Ontario. Born and raised in Toronto and then lived in Kitchener for about 10 or 11 years before I was transferred down here to Nova Scotia. K-W is great. So close to Toronto (if you want to go there) and yet so wonderfully different.

Anyway, gang, hope you all have a great (and lucky) day. See you soon.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #55  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!

Welcome WaterlooGirl - I'm in Kitchener - small world!

Not much of news today - just popping in - have a great day everyone and I will try to stop in on the weekend!!

Heather
Old 07-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Welcome, WaterlooGirl! I'm pretty new here, too, and love it so far.

Today is shaping up to be warm and humid out here. I've found that with all this extra heat this week, my appetite has gone down a lot. Anyone else experience this when it gets hot?

Chocco - thanks for the tip. I don't know how well that would work for me, with feeding DB as well. Hmm. I think I really need to impress upon DB that I simply *cannot* eat portions as large as his - he has very different caloric needs than I do, and was blessed with a wicked-fast metabolism.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:30 AM   #57  
Onward and Downward

Morning Crazies . . .

Today is already looking better than yesterday. The humidity has dropped back to a more tolerable level.

Hope you all have a great moving and shaking day planned . . . see you later.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:12 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Today we are walking downtown to the pool (about 1 hour) and then to another park to celebrate my Step-dads b-day then will probably walk home. I need the walk cause my eating has been off all week since I had my bday cake on Saturday. My mom made it and it is not adapted to my lifestyle I guss the sugar got to me so aftr the cake today I am going back on track. I am lucky though I have kept in my 128-130 range.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:09 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

We needed some rain and got a lovely shower this afternoon, but we did not need the dumping down pour we just got. Lawdy, the crops will wash away. T-storm warnings too!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #60  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang

This is not shaping up to be one of my better days, so far . . . . . . hopefully it will improve.

Hope everybody else is having a great morning . . . see you later . . .
Closed Thread