Old 07-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #91  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

go holly go
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #92  

Holly, I knew you were getting over things when you told me to go jump in a lake. It gave me a good chuckle. And Mel's advice is pretty darned good, even though it might be more fun to

Mel, I hate to burst your bubble, but that wasn't heat haze you saw hanging over the patio at Nepenthe... Check again and you'll see the few lunch patrons huddling in their cozy fleece jackets in the fog. Joy and I had remarkably clear, hot weather there for the month of June. It looks like the normal Big Sur summer clime is now back.

Here the humidity is back, and a fair amount of heat, but it's still grey and rainy. Everything feels just slightly damp. Yech! So I won't be jumping into any lakes until after the 3 days work I have starting tomorrow. Then it's clear sailing until end August.

Gotta go. More later. to all.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:09 PM   #93  
Happy September

CARLA AND HERE I THOUGHT IT WAS HAZE! I COULD USE SOME COLD HERE. BUT THEY SAY BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. I AM HERE TO CONFESS SO IT'S GOOD I FOUND YOU HERE. I AM ON MY KNEES CONFESSING A FRAPPUCCINO. AND I HAD TO GO OUT IN THE HEAT TO GET IT TOO!!!! I KNOW. BAD MELLIE
I WILL BE GOOD TOMORROW. WILLY WON'T LET ME ON THE BUS WITH ANY COFFEE. A FRIEND TOLD HIM TO CHECK MY GROCERY BAGS AND LET ME DRIVE MYSELF HOME!
ok gotta go sit with the accountant till 6:30
have a great night everyone and.....
GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY SHADDIE!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:38 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel-no more frappicino's.

Happy--I must have forgotten to log out of 3fc because I was actually in bed by 9.30 p.m. I wanted a good sleep so I could get up and ride the bike at 5.30 a.m. I rode 5 miles.

Holly--Hope the new sitter works out for you.

Carla-How's everything going with you?

I really need to go to the gym tonight but I am not going to force myself.

hugs to everyone.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-09-2007 at 05:56 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #95  
Happy September

WHERE DID THE SUGAR POPS GO???
CEEJAY YOU CAN EDIT ALL YOU WANT BUT THOSE "POPS" ARE STILL IN MY MAILBOX !
WE WILL BOTH BE BETTER TOMORROW
Old 07-10-2007, 02:32 AM   #96  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Quick note here. I'm dying to go to the loo and I also have to catch the bus home. The loo must come first and the bus goes at 4.30pm. I might need to get my running shoes on.

Mel - great advice to Hollyhock there. It wasn't foggy when I went to the link - it was pitch black instead and I could only see the lights on the verandah. It's a good link to keep. I enjoyed my time there.
Can't thank Carol enough for suggesting it. Wish we had time to do some tramping in the nearby national park as well. But that might be a next time job.

Gotta go. My bladder won't wait any longer. Back tomorrow.

Oh by the way if you see a new poster called Nita in here welcome her - she may like to join in our challenge. The thread she posts on is very quiet at the moment so I suggested she might like to challenge herself here.

See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #97  

Morning, folks. It looks like the heat wave is going to smack into town today, probably only last three days since that's how many days I'll be working. Rats.

Mel, what brought on the frapp fit? Eyes doing too well?? Skin clearing up? Seriously, though, the caffeine challenge is a tough one. It's just a shame to have have gone thru the withdrawal headaches and then to start again. I'm still drinking a daily cappucino, which my diet allows. But if it would help, Mel, I'll swear off coffee too so you're not the only one deprived. Just let me know. Of course in exchange you'll have to give up wine and chocolate... (I know, you don't drink wine, and probably hate chocolate like Shad. It's the thought that counts.)

Shad, I had no idea you were pining (pun intended) for another walk in the woods! You'll have to keep that for your next visit to the Pacific coast area of CA. A great day trip from SF: across the GG bridge, down to Sausalito for lunch and shop crawling, then a ramble through Muir Woods. (Wouldn't have worked with our itinerary - wrong side of SF.)

Must go - have to wash and brush and hit the bricks.

to all.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:49 AM   #98  
Happy September

NITA IF YOU ARE READING! THE MORE THE MERRIER!

SHAD~ HOPE YOU MADE IT TO THE LOO. RIDING ON A BUS WITH WET PANTS CAN BE A REAL DRAG.
HAPPY TRAVELS!!

GOT UP EARLY AND I AM READY FOR SOME LIGHT FOOD SHOPPING. OUR WATER SMELLS LIKE WET MUD AND THEY KEEP SAYING EVERYTHING IS FINE. SO IT'S BOTTLED WATER STILL FOR ME!! AWOKE WITH ANXIETY. THAT'S THE CAFFEINE. SERVES ME RIGHT. ON TO THE NEXT CHALLENGE DAY. SEE YOU GALS TOMORROW.
HAPPY TUESDAY!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:53 AM   #99  
Happy September

OH CARLA....HERE WE ARE IN REAL TIME AGAIN. GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!! ROFLMAO
SELF PITY I THINK IS WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE COFFEE JUST BEING A SPOILED BRAT WAS ALL.
HAVE A GREAT DAY AND JFYI.....I LOVE CHOCOLATE AND EAT NOT ONLY MY SHARE BUT SHAD'S AS WELL!
THANSK FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS!! BUT YOU DON'T NEED TO GIVE UP YOUR CUP O' JOE. I NOW HAVE SOMEONE TO SNEER AT EVERY MORNING
HAVE A GREAT DAY
Old 07-10-2007, 08:13 AM   #100  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey chicks.

The site is slow this morning and I'm really tired so it's just a quick for me.

Muir Woods is worth the trip.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:54 AM   #101  

Mornin Chicks!!

I have been sleeping well but have been feeling tired from allergies. I upped the meds yesterday and it was better.
Enjoyed Idol last night the guys were "on". It will be hard to see anyone go.

Made up a Shepards Pie with left over taters last night.

Met for 1.5 hours with DS's Psychologist. It was good. Always a bit heart wrenching. He will be going for group therapy in Sept, every Monday at 4 pm.It will be a juggle. The therapist was dreamy. Cute, fun, used great tools like talking about Worry Dragon's and ways we will learn to keep them away.

I unexpectedly went to a Township meeting last night to represent our hamlet. Our issue was 1st on the agenda at council!! Yippee. We got the terms we, as a hamlet, asked for for the sewer costs. we are still expected to pay but at a much lower rate and over 20 years not 10. Much eye rolling over having to rewrite the bylaw etc. Oh well.

Met with the new sitter at her home, with my kids yesyterday morning. Left her with a sheet of ideas/rules. Called and talked at length with her mom last night. Interestingly, this Mom basically undid everything that was said to me last week. She praised me for the way I talked with her daughter, set up communication etc. She was very positive about my kids. Thanked me at length.
Balance is always nice.
The new sitter is coming this morning for an hour. I will go over to the next town and pick up paint samples. The paint store in the city was simply not there. I came home and googled "Benjamin Moore" and it turns out the local lumber store carries the paint. Too funny.

The mom/wife that lived next door to my childhood home died yesterday. There is visitation tonight. My parents will pick me up on the way.
I had really wanted a night at home but things have turned out differently 2 nights in a row.
I work tomorrow night. Thursday night i will need to pack to go camping for the weekend up at hubby's parents for a reunion.

Need to get a move on here.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:56 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nita--if you are lurking come in and join us.

Shad--I hope you made it to the loo. That's one thing I don't like about the fluid pills.

Mel I havemy goals in my journal. The one I really want to accomplish today is 10,000 steps on the pedometer.

Happy I understand about this sight. Lately it's been doing okay. I think I was trying to post when they were backing up there work.

Carla and Holly--hope your day goes as planned.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #103  

Ruth will get a good chuckle. Rural Ontario at it's best- We have a 12 millions dollar debenture deal on the table at Council. Our councillor from Ward 2 was not there. The Mayor opens the meeting and says "oh yeah...Laurence is gone fishing." Nice to know our rep is taking things so seriously.

I managed to shower eat and tidy up a bit. Went and picked up the new sitter, left her here for an hour, picked out some paint samples, came back.
DS cried because i came home too soon. A very good sign. Both kids went on and on about how much they liked her!! Oh goody!!

I want to sweep, swiffer and mop at least 1 bedroom floor. We are going to the splash pad with another family around 1pm.

HUGS!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #104  
Happy September

CEEJAY~ YOU GOT ME TO THINKING ABOUT BOB GREENE AGAIN. NOT SURE IF I SHARED THESE TOW ADDIES WITH YOU BEFORE SO I'LL POST THEM AGAIN. GOING TO TRY THIS AGAIN STARTING THIS WEEK. GOOD LUCK WITH THE WALK!

http://www2.oprah.com/health/bob/bes...reakfast.jhtml

http://www2.oprah.com/health/bob/bes...rah_7day.jhtml

HAPPY!!! WAVING A HAND RIGHT BACK AT OUR SOUTHERN BELLE!! SOME WEBSITES HAVE BEEN PATHETICALLY SLOW FOR ME AS WELL!! MISS YA!!! ;hug:

HOLLY~ SEE... IT WILL ALL COME OUT RIGHT IN THE END.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #105  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Computers - the bane of the modern world.
I used my beautiful new laptop in the Qantas Club lounge last week. It seemed to be going alright so I stuck in the also new external disc drive and blam, whang everything went black. I could get the dratted thing to restart at all. Cursed and swore and called R the tame computer bod who was not answering his mobile. Here on Groote I pulled out the battery, shook everything around and plugged it back in. No life. Tried again and again and again and eventually, hallelujah I have life. Computer is going fine except it now gives me a boot message which it never did before. But it goes. I pulled up all my phots from the camera and it works fine. Wait until you see some of this lot Anyway I digress.
I plugged the external back in and guess what. Everything goes black. So back to the drawing board. It's obviously the external doing the damage. I read the little manual this morning and it seems that where the power supply is not sufficientl, the drive will do this. So, the question must now be asked - are they lowering the power supply just enough that it is not a problem for the normal item, but if you try to attach too much grunt to it, whammo! It never caused me any problem in Townsville. I must ask Robbie.

To get back to the pictures. I think I have the photos of the Victoria Butterfly House and the Butchart Gardens almost ready to upload. Another night playing around with the folder should do it. Then I can upload them to Webshots and you will all see where I've been. Some of the others will also be ready for viewing and I will try to upload them over the weekend. Can't guarantee too much as I will be busy packing for Perth, going to the hairdressier and consulting with the gym, not to mention talking to the Dentist as well.

Holly - Glad to hear things are sorting themselves out at last. That's good news.

Mel - Water smells like wet mud. eeeeewwwwwwww. Go food shopping but no stopping off at the local coffee bar y'hear. Otherwise I will send my external disc drive over to blow up your computer!

Carla - always up for a good tramp. (that's what you call hiking and not the old fashioned hobo - we in NZ call it tramping. In Aus it is bush walking). However, there wasn't space or time. We will do it next time, just to prove we can. I was going to walk the GG Bridge but ran out of time. I had plenty of exercise in SF with the GG Park and its 50 block borders and then walking back to Alamo Square, plus the traipsing all over town as well. Actually it isn't a bad city to walk in. The hills can be a bit steep, but I've lived in Wellington NZ they are just as hilly there, in fact more so.

Have a good day all!!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote