3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Come out, come out where-ever you are (HoLF #23) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/116303-come-out-come-out-where-ever-you-holf-23-a.html)

4myloves 06-27-2007 05:43 PM

Come out, come out where-ever you are (HoLF #23)

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate, support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!

:welcome2: :welcome3: :welcome2: :welcome3: :welcome2: :welcome3: :welcome2:

DeterminedLisa 06-28-2007 01:09 AM

I'm not at my goal yet but I'm trying to switch to a maintenance
mindset for a while, maybe for the rest of the summer, and then
diet again hardcore in the fall. In some ways maintenance
is harder than losing. I can't
believe I'm saying that, but I guess I became over-dependent on
strict rules, and also I was really taking advantage of the
appetite suppression that happens with ketosis and low-carb diets.
So I'm working on this adjustment, but my appetite is really
strong. Some days I'm pretty naughty, especially if I'm
sleep-deprived. I'll be so incredibly angry at myself if I gain weight.
But I don't feel so hopeless about it because now I'm more confident
I know how to lose weight if I need to. The quality-of-life price tag
is pretty high, which is why I'm not working on it now, but it's
available to me if my weight gets out of control.

Lisa

ShelleyM 06-28-2007 05:12 PM

Cheryl-I loved your stop message on #22.

Debbie-Good for you on the WI!

Lisa-Look how far you have come with your weight loss. You will do it, remember, this is a lifetime change.

4myloves 06-28-2007 06:18 PM

Thanks, Shelley. Ya know, in the five years I've been here, I don't remember our group ever being this untalkitive!

Broken computers and wedding plans are keeping some usual talkers away.....

Don't know about the rest of us!

Lisa, glad you posted. I think it's a good idea to switch to a maintainance mindset even though your not at goal! You should really check out the maintainers fourm here--there's LOTS of great advice!

School starts next week. Can't say I'm excited about it yet. Maybe Monday a.m. at 6 it'll kick in? Doubt it though--I'm still burnt out!

4myloves 06-29-2007 12:38 PM

Hmmmm.......

I swear the other day I was up to 2,000+ posts, because I read it and I was thinking that the last 1,000 went by really quickly!! The first 1,000 took YEARS--and it seems like just yesterday that I was bragging about my 1,000th post!

Now I'm back to less than 2,000. Weird.

Of course, I could just be going crazy :dizzy:

ShelleyM 06-30-2007 07:07 AM

Cheryl-What does holf mean on the thread starter?

Carol101 06-30-2007 08:24 AM

Good Morning Eveyone.

I am here. Sometimes lurking, but also being very busy. Sounds like eveyone is hanging in there. Congrats to the losers. Each pound lost is a cause for celebration.

I have been doing pretty this week. Staying on track this time.. Hopefully forever!!!

Maintenance has always been my downfall, so great going Lisa. I know you are going to to it!

Gotta work this morning, so I better scoot.
Hugs to all and Have a Wonderful Day!

Lynneye 06-30-2007 09:56 AM

Finished one class on Thurs. and the next one starts on Monday. No break! Looking forward to August and having two weeks off! Then I go back to get ready for Sept. I know what you mean about burn out Cheryl!
I'm still in my cleaning spree. I have the bedroom all tore apart and waiting for the carpet to dry so I can put the bed back together! Then I can finish in there. It is so "furry" from the cats! I love my cats, but wish they were bald!!

Where is everyone? It has been so quiet here. Guess everyone's lives are crazy for now!

ShelleyM 06-30-2007 10:20 AM

I lost .5 on my WI:( Not a big deal.

alinnell 06-30-2007 11:45 AM

holf=Home of the Loozing Floozies.

Doing good here. Still on track although the weight isn't coming off as fast as I had hoped. But down 3 from my stinking 145.5! Will update my ticker soon. I rather liked the 140 better, but should get there in another week or so, then it will REALLY be all down hill from there!

Everyone have a great weekend. I'm off to buy some shorts for my trip to Hawaii.

ShelleyM 07-01-2007 10:23 AM

Yay, Allison on the WI!! Duh!! I couldn't figure holf out:)

4myloves 07-02-2007 11:37 AM

My very near future life......

:bb:

:preg:

:book2:

(maybe not in that order!)

gdeann 07-02-2007 01:18 PM

CHERYL! OH my goodness!!! Are you preggers?????? Auntie Gayle is sooooooo excited if you are!!!!! Please don't keep me wondering long!!

4myloves 07-02-2007 01:21 PM

Yup :o

Just got the little + yesterday. (I hope it wasn't a false positive!! Does that happen!? I'd be so embarassed and disappointed!)

alinnell 07-02-2007 01:39 PM

Congrats! False negatives are seen more often than false positives (if I remember correctly).