Old 06-21-2007, 10:44 AM   #16  

where is everybuddy???
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #17  
Member w/ messiest house

We are here! Well, I am. I'm ordering MORE rawhide for my voracious chewing machine. DD is mowing the lawn and DH is playing with his new machine (he bought a slide and filmstrip scanner.. whoopee) and talking to himself. He's all excited. I'm not. Personally I think he should be mowing the lawn, DD should be playing her guitar and I should be talking to myself. But the world does not work according to kiwi. Too bad.

I vote for Boston. (Once again, the world according to kiwi -- but sometimes I'm right!)

Cowpeach, how's the boy doing down Mexico way? I take it he did not drop everything and fly to NY to assist lcp in her crisis ( ). Where was it he was going to stay in a hotel?

Wabby, my dear, how are you doing? I'm afraid to think why you haven't posted all week. Still cleaning up?

Maybe I'll go into business selling rawhide bones. I keep vacuum package them with my Foodsaver and post notices on the local bulletin boards.

In other news, I found my shorts. I had been wondering why I kept running out of t-shirts and couldn't find more than 1 pair of shorts that I like. I found a whole box of summer clothes that I'd forgotten about. So now I'm wearing my cat-pattern batik flowy shorts. Comfy. A little odd perhaps, but who cares.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #18  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

post a picture of your flowing catshorts!!! i need to see them--and you know you could totally start a business selling those rawhides plus you should sell HOMEMADE doggie biscuits---esp now since you can't trust the big producers not to poison your pets with the crap they buy overseas.You would have so much fun---and everyone likes to buy things from the pine tree state--smells so good up there~!!!i predict riches for you!!! WABBY PLEASE SAY SOMETHING!!!!---- kiwi is right--she is probably still sweeping up confetti off the lawn!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:47 PM   #19  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

brag alert-----ds 12 got the award today for highest academic achievement in grade 7 { there are three classes,one of them with the 'smart' french immersion students }AND dd21 got her acceptance letter into the Dr of Veterinary Medicine program. For some reason this is really hard to get accepted into so we are very happy for her. It is kind of funny that ever since she could talk she has always said that she wanted to be a Vet. Some kids know early i guess! She can defer her acceptance for a year if she likes { she may finish her science degree first} ----end of brag alert! thanks for your attention--------------AND ONE MORE THING--- i vote for Boston too shatz---it looks like we are going to hold our reunions there!!
Old 06-21-2007, 04:05 PM   #20  

I am now convinced that FAT people have genius offspring... All our fat makes big brained childruns

thats all I got. Its a good theory that some Einstein will prove and become famous for.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:58 PM   #21  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh my god!!! i just realized that i am fat!!!! and shatzi called me fat!!! i am so lol lol lol hhs hhs hhsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss- me arse off!!!!!this is more than one could hope for!!!! mutiny on the prairie!!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #22  
loves kleenex box art

I hope this doesn't sound snippy. Really, I do. But please can we not ask about lcp so much? There's more to her than I report and I guess it's because I'm not posting much lately but it kind of makes me feel like griping about her is the only thing I have to say.

I got my hair cut short. You can see entire ears. I called the mechanic to come get my car and fix it. Wouldn't start all of a sudden. He came, reconnected something and went back. I had to go to him and pay a fee for his trip out here. I am at the point where I don't know what to do about getting a job. Ideas, Shots? I have carried around resumes, turned in filled in application, made calls. This is depressing.

DS is home Saturday and seems to be leaving Wednesday for NY to come back Sunday. He misses American food. That puzzles me. He's looking forward to the Houston airport so he can eat American food. What will they have? Wendy's? Quiznos? Can you miss that?
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #23  
Member w/ messiest house

If Bagz is fat, I'm a Mack truck. However, you may have something there anyway. Certainly none of us deprived our kiddies of brain-food -- aren't fats the most important nutrient for the brain? Or something along those lines.

You must be so proud of DS, Bagzie!!! Yay for him!!! And I'm so glad DD21 got into vet school. She must be very relieved and delighted.

Heard from Wabby (you were all in the address, so I'm sure you have too). Wedding went well, pics to come sometime when she sorts out business probs. I want to know if she finally went shopping for a dress!

I was watching WE channel last night and saw the last part of "Platinum Weddings" -- it was a vulgar display of how much unnecessary crap you could buy for a wedding and how excessive you could be for no reason. Not satisfied apparently with beautiful flower arrangements, they added strands of Austrian crystals to them and lit every table centerpiece from underneath. The bride had jewels set into her shoes -- oh, sure, that sounds kind of pretty, right? Wrong, they were on the SOLES. That kind of excess just turns my stomach. I totally understand wanting The Best (IF you can afford it), but buying stuff for no reason whatsoever is simply stupid and CRASS.

So there.

Fast forward to Bridezillas for a hilarious contrast. One bride's father would not stop shushing her, it's like he had a speech tic or something. Another one's father had built a cute little cart to carry in the very small flower girl, ring bearer and the bride's dog -- but he had used cheap glue to hold the wheels and one of them fell off during the rehearsal

In other wedding news, Sugar is reminiscing about her idyllic honeymoon on her blog.

Gotta go flatten some meat.

Kiwi
Old 06-21-2007, 07:17 PM   #24  
loves kleenex box art

Forgot to mention how impression Bagsds is. I guess I shouldn't have written him off when Bagz homeschooled him in Kindergarten.

Paul Simon: She's got diamonds on the soles of her shoes. Well, that's one way to lose these walking blues.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:52 PM   #25  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

OH MY GOD AGAIN--FIRST I'M FAT,NOW I TRIED TO RUIN MY SON'S EDUCATION!!!AND YET I AM STRANGELY THRILLED BY ALL THE NEGATIVE ATTENTION!! gaining in acceptance of myself whilst not loosing weight---it's the delight of my dotage.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #26  
loves kleenex box art

Sorry, Sweetie Cow Pies, about jumping on you about lcp. She calls me every night and has fallen into that group of people that I can criticize but no one else can. You know .. family.

DS is home tomorrow. I wish (clicking heels together) I were a good housekeeper.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:17 AM   #27  

well if Kiwi is a Mack Truck - I'm a battleship...
Sounds like it was a purrrfect day up in Frozen Tootsies! I have a mental picture of all the family doing their thing..and you in your batiuk cat shorts , vacuum sealing rawhide...

hmmm, yes maybe package them like gourmet doggie treats and have the local stores carry them.. I dont want to know how they make rawhide..
I never watched those shows Kiwi.. But I would have the same take on them as you do... diamonds on the soles of her shoes... thats just ridiculous! I did catch a piece of some wedding show... it was a traditional Indian (Hindu?) wedding, but the bride and groom decided to make a grand entrance on a elephant... I so was wishing they would fall off or the elephant would do something crass

BAGS you have me Rrrrrrolling !!!
Yes, all youse cows have such gifted offspring ... lucky

oh dear Cowie, I wish I had some words of wisdom..job hunting is depressing and humbling. If I had my druthers I'd run up to Canada and sell smelly soap to cruisers with Baggy one... Have you posted your resume on Monster, Careerbuilder, hot jobs, have you gone out to your government website? You can set up an account on monster and the others that allows them to send jobs to your email account that fit your skills... its a thought. How do you like your haircut?

I just got an email from Wabby... I'm glad the wedding went well and I do hope that the business works out ok...

I took the doggies for their morning walk... Darby and her lampshade got stuck ..she bent over to smell something...stinky I guess.... and her lampshade got stuck on the ground...It was funny... she seems back to normal already..

now I'm nervously waiting for the head of HR for this company to call me...he called last Friday as I was driving to the park.. I hopped out of the car so I could hear better... I think he said 10:30... which would be 3:30 irish time...
Old 06-22-2007, 12:44 PM   #28  

Hey Cowies, I don't have even a minute to read all of whats up here, but I just want to tell y'all hi. I'm coping, and I'm still standing.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #29  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
Paul Simon: She's got diamonds on the soles of her shoes. Well, that's one way to lose these walking blues.
I picture her skidding across the dance floor and, after an amusing cartwheel of white tulle and muffled shrieks, landing on her giant pampered arse. But that's just me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
Darby and her lampshade ..she bent over to smell something...... and her lampshade got stuck on the ground..
I can just picture it. My little doggie friend with the fabric frisbee collar got her cast off already. She makes me nervous though, this is the 3rd time she's had a cast or splint in her young life (I think she's less than 4). I'm afraid she's going to break if I pick her up wrong. We don't have to worry about Jet hurting her though -- Winch (the little Chinese Crested, maybe all of 12 pounds) puts her in her place the minute they meet. She takes one look at her, growls at her, and Jet backs off. Hee hee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
I'm coping, and I'm still standing.
Excellent!

DH got back from fishing....and went out fishing.

Kiwi
Old 06-23-2007, 08:38 AM   #30  
loves kleenex box art

Something to ponder: When you have a problem, do you ever think "What would I tell someone else to do in this situation." I do that and sometimes I just can't think of a thing to say to them.

I'm working 10:30 to 7:30 at the supermarket then going to get DS who arrives at 8:30. I know they thought they were making it convenient for me to already be on my way somewhere at that time but I am tired already.