Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 12:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Weight Loss and Chitchat #258

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.

Last edited by Marti; 07-15-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #2  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies!!! another hot scorching day around here....yesterday's high was 95* and today's high is 97* Tomorrow it is suppose to be a "mild" 90*

Jane~ I think your friend did a great thing by still making you celebrate your birthday!

Marti~ I was hoping that we could wait a little longer before getting him a toddler bed, but I guess not. He got out of his crib again this morning! So, we will either be transferring his crib into the toddler bed or getting him an actual toddler bed like Brandon. One thing though, it will give us more room in the bedroom if we get him an actual toddler bed!

how are the other ladies on this awesome board?? we have Marissa's doctor's appointment in about a half hour, so it should be interesting to see how much she is weighing. she has a little bit of a cough/possible cold, so I am not sure if they are going to go ahead and give her her shots. She hasn't had a fever or anything and I think that is the time when they won't give them their shots.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Default Im still here....

Just had been MIA...but I've been working on my program....I'm down over 45 pounds now and I've been walking and swimming and even biking. I'm excited about the results! I'll hafta a post a new picture. Summer time with the kids home and we've been really busy. I'll play catch up hopefully tonight. I just wanted to check in and see if anyone noticed I was gone. :P

The pounds are coming off slower but the inches are really coming off...more importantly right?

Tina
Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #4  

Hello everyone! How are you all doing?

Marissa had her two month check up today! She is 11lbs and is 22 ½ inches long!! She has gained just about 4 pounds and 3 ½ inches since she was at the doctor’s office at the end of May. She got her first set of shots and she hated me after it! The pediatrician told us that when she is four months old we can start her with rice cereal. If she does well with that one for a week, then the following week we can try her with a different cereal, and so on and so on. Then once she tries each of the types of rice cereals out there, then we can start her on the solids. She did great for her shots, and she even did great for her oral one. He wants to see her back when she is four months old, so her next appointment is September 10th at 5:30pm!

Tina~ It is great to hear from you! You are doing great!!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:47 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!

Tina - I did wonder what happened to you. Glad all is well, and that you're doing great OP. Somehow it seems easier in the summer, with all the fresh veggies and fruits available.

Mindee - yay for a good checkup. Gina says, in her opinion, the Beechnut brands cereal is less likely to cause gas and spitups. So that's what I buy for Jackson at my house, too. Walmart doesn't carry it in our area, but Sav-A-Lot does. I had always bought Gerber for my kids, but didn't know about the other. Jackson's on Lactose Free Lipel formula, and we buy Parent's Choice brand for that. Yikes, I'd forgotten how expensive it is to raise kids!

Hello to anyone reading this.

I'm having a good day, and hope you are, too. Nothing special on the agenda, just same ol', same ol'. It looks like it's going to storm, so I wanted to check in before the internet gets knocked out, lol. Need to go snap some more green beans.

Take care,
Old 07-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #6  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Afternoon Ladies..

I've been around 3fc for a while now, but somehow never happened across you guys before.. would love to join in. Hope everyone is having a great day.. not much going on at my house, just cleaning and playing with my boys, and eagerly awaiting the return of my daughter this weekend.

A bit about me.. I'm Dee (short for danita), I live in Key West, FL, with a navy hubby, 3 kids (Brooke 8, Connor 5, and Evan 3) a dog, and as of yesterday an iguana named Green. I am trying to lose 100lbs total (lost around 30 so far) before we leave Key West next year.

Have a great day!

Dee
Old 07-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!!

I need to make this a quicky as I'm cutting it close to needing to get to work.

Dee--Hello and Welcome!!! So happy to have you join us. Looking forward to getting to know you more. You'll just love these girls!

Jane--
Buying things for our kids really puts our spending into perspective doesn't it?? I hope you don't have a bad storm. Stay safe!

Mindee--11lbs. Boy.....I can't even remember my baby being 11lbs. Now she's my height if not taller!! Cherish every moment (as I'm sure you are).

Tina--Good to see you poppin in. Looking forward to seeing your updated photos! You're doing fantastic and should be proud!!

Hello and good morning to the rest of you girls.

I need to get going.

Hugs to you all!!
Old 07-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

I'm back....

to Dee! I'm glad you found us - glad to have you here. How's it going with the iguana? Sounds like fun! Life in the Keys seems so tropical! Do you know yet where your next location will be? Btw, if you think you'd like to stay, please fill out a bio when you're ready.

Marti - yep, you're so right! I spend money on the DGKs that I wouldn't spend on myself, lol. Now that I have 6 of them, it's becoming a challenge, lol.

I have been on the computer off and on for a big part of the morning! The storm went around us, so that's good. Some are expected later, though!

Question - Do any of you have a good healthy, low-calorie recipe for green beans? Usually I just add onions, but that's getting a tad boring.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:12 PM   #9  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon Ladies!

Jane--No, I am not taking the boys to the beach with me I'll have doggy withdraw within 2 days. One of the gals that I work with is watching them. She has a fenced in yard and for the first time they will be able to run without being on a leash. The only place that I could find that was dog friendly was not ocean front. It was several blocks from the beach. I'll miss my boys but love that ocean front view!!

Marti--I see you were born in the phillipines. My dd is engaged to a Filipino/Hispanic guy. We love him and just met his parents. Wonderful couple. My dd has natural spiral curly long dark hair and considering that she has a love/hate relationship with her biological dad, she always tells people when they ask her where she got the curly hair that her real dad is Denzel Washington!! So can you imagine what my future grandkids will look like! Hopefully they will have their dad's asian eyes, his dark skin and my dd curly hair. Only in America!!

Mindee--I'm so happy that Marissa is growing beautifully!

Dee-- My sis was stationed in KW while her dh was in the coast guard and that is where my son went directly after CG boot camp. He was there for 6 months before going to 'A' school. I love it there. I was so disappointed when my son left there so soon. We stayed at the naval hotel for only $31 a night. I've also been there on a few cruises. Love the Kino sandels! I have about 5 pair of them.

Big Hugs to all that I missed. You know who you are!!

Gotta work a night shift tonight and then I'm off for the next 13 days!!!! I'll sleep till about noon tomorrow then pick the boys up from the groomer (dd is dropping them off to groomer tomorrow so I can sleep without barking). Then I have to start laundry, packing and wake up enough to go dancing tomorrow night. Planning an engagement party for dd when we return from the beach. Someone asked, I think Cristina, about posting pics of my living/dining room and I will after I do the curtains for the dining room. Well, I'm off to iron a uniform for work, pack my snacks to keep awake, and try to plan dinner before I go. Have a wonderful day ladies!!
Old 07-10-2007, 03:51 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies

I'm back after a very long, busy week and weekend, ugh! Never worked so hard in my life! Didn't help that the weather wasn't cooperating...too stinking hot. Would have thought I would have sweated a few pounds off. Anywho...

JANE...I have some WW recipes I will have to find, not sure if they are worthy or not. Everyone has different tastes so...

MINDEE...love the new avatar! Marissa is growing fast for sure!

DEE...a big to you! Looking forward to getting to know you.

WTG TINA on the 45 pounds gone!

TAMMY...yes, it was me wanting to see pictures of all your decorating. Wish I was going to the beach with you! Hope you guys have a fun, safe trip.

Hi to everyone else

I was on yesterday but it took so long to read everything...no way could I attempt to try and catch-up. But I am back and hoping to get back into my routine.

Nothing much going on. Yesterday I basically took it easy and today, had errands to run this morning. We got a bad storm last night...man, after our dirt yard was almost dried out from the last rain it was puddles again, lol. But we did manage to get 2 1/2 sides of the fence up, lol. Didn't realize how much bigger this yard is from the last house...a whole lotta fence! What made it bad was we had to walk thru mud so it took longer. Otherwise it would have been finished...well, except for the front part on both sides. Have to leave it open so the guys can finish off the yard (tilling and such) for the sod...if it will stay dry enough to do anything. This has definitely been a wild and wacky spring and summer.

Anywho...hoping all is well with everyone. Take care and I hope you ladies are having a lovely day!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #11  

Jane~ I will have to look into that! Since the kids are on WIC, she will get the coupons with those on it, so I will have to remember it. Marissa is on the Enfamil Prosobee Lipil. She is allergic to milk based formulas like the boys were when they were younger.

Dee~ Welcome to the group!!! Awesome job on the weight that you have lost so far!

Marti~ I am definitely cherishing each moment. They are even more special to me because I have a little help in the estrogen department!

Tammy~ I am as well! The pediatrician was awe struck when he walked into the room and saw her. The last time he saw her was in the hospital before he signed the discharge papers sending us home when she was about 7lbs.

Cristina~ Thanks for the wonderful comments about my avatar! I am thinking of changing it to the recent picture that I took of them, oh heck, I will just post it in here if you all don’t mind!
Old 07-10-2007, 10:41 PM   #12  

here is the recent picture that I was able to snap of the three little kiddos while they were cooperating with me. I hope you enjoy it!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:55 PM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Mindee- Darling picture!!

I am back.....worse for the wear, but happy to be home. I am so glad we don't ever have to do that drive again. The trip from HE77.....details later. I am off to bed.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:58 AM   #14  

Sue~ Thanks! It is good to see/hear from you!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #15  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Awww...

They are so cute.. makes me almost miss mine being little. Almost, lol.

thanks for the welcome everyone! I'll put up a bio when I get a chance, you ladies seem wonderful. Hope everyone has a great day, got to run clean up some messes now.

Dee
Closed Thread