3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Pregnant & Staying Fit ~ December (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/11435-pregnant-staying-fit-%7E-december.html)

Lara H 12-03-2001 03:52 PM

Pregnant & Staying Fit ~ December

Wow.... it's already December 3!! only 21 more shopping days to take advantage of... 6 if you are celebrating Hannukah (I don't know when the big days are in any other of the religions sorry.)

I figured we might as well start a new thread for the month.

I had the stomach flu on Friday and Saturday, but thankfully didn't have a fever to go with it. The baby didn't seem happy with my vomitting though and was very still. Needless to say I was VERY happy to have her do her evening callistenics on Saturday night.

Tamara: Glad to hear everything is going well for you. I can relate about the headaches, although since my Dr told me to add more protein and cut back a bit on carbs I haven't had so many. Your ultrasound sounds similar to mine... The baby had "her" legs crossed almost the entire time. We only got one picture from it... a profile, but we do have the video. I agree... in some ways 15 weeks sounds so long, and in others it seems so close!

Ann: How are things going in your neck of the woods? everyone in your family recouperating? I have a regular Dr's appt today to find out if I have a sinus infection or something.

RoadRunner and Trish O: Are you two still out there? I know trish is in the final weeks of her pregnancy, but remember, we want to hear from you both!

{{hugs}}
Lara

:wave:

Alex's Mom 12-04-2001 10:13 AM

Lara, thanks for starting a new thread!!! I feel for you having the stomach flu having been there myself. I think the worse part was having to force liquids down. Blah!!!

We're doing fine here. I just hit 32 weeks. I can't believe just 8 wks to go. I do get worried as I had my DD at 34 wks, but things are much different this time, so I'm not anticipating an early delivery like that. But, the babys room isn't even close to being complete so I better get my butt in gear! I've had a cold for the last few days, which is wearing me out. But I'm feeling a bit better today. I haven't exercised since Sat, so I'm really missing it. I'm feeling kinda bloated the last few days. But no major complaints. I did step on the scale this morning and I up in weight again. For a total of 24 lbs. YIKES! According to my book I should be 22-28lbs. Not too bad I guess, but I wonder what I'll end up at.

Ann
EDD 1/27/02

Trish O 12-04-2001 12:17 PM

Hello all. I am still here and at 36 weeks. Boy, am I ready any time.

Ann: I think you are doing great on weight. I have gained 50 pounds. The last few weeks (maybe 4-5) I have not gained that much at all, but early on I put on a ton being on bed rest for over a month.

Oh well, nothing I can do about it now (and Dr. has never been concerned with it) so I guess I will just get back to WW right away with the breast feeding program and lose it!

Lara: sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Knock on wood, I have not had any major illness while pg. Only one cold that did not last long.

Anyway, just to say hello. I am off ot lunch.

Trish

Lara H 12-04-2001 03:53 PM

Hey everyone :)

Well I went to my GP yesterday and yes I do have a sinus infection. So I am now on Z-pack. It was the lesser of two evils (that or Eurethromyacin which even when I'm not pregnant gives me major nausea). the Z-pack is usually ok for my stomach, but yesterday it gave me nausea and indigestion, I haven't taken it yet today. According to the scale at her office I'm only up 9# since the end of August when she first confirmed the Pregnancy.

Ann: Glad you haven't had the complications you had with Alex with this pregnancy. I will keep thinking good thoughts for you going to full term with this one. You are a braver woman than I getting on the scale when you feel bloated. The only time I do that is if I can't avoid it (i.e.: Tops meeting or Dr's appt.)

Trish: It's good to hear from you again. It's always good to have a plan, and no, I wouldn't worry about something you can't change. Just go on from here and enjoy the last few weeks of your pregnancy (if that's possible :lol: I can't imagine finding a comfortable position to sleep in in another 3-4 months...). Getting back onto WW with the nursing program sounds like a good idea. I didn't know that they had one.

I hope everyone else is well, and not in too much of a rush during this busy shopping season. I am off to send a few presents and to try and buy a few as well as to stop in at the jewelers... DH is buying me a gold chain to wear my wedding ring on as the pregnancy progresses as there are already days I have to remove it and I can see a time when I won't be able to get it on at all. He is so sweet, when I told him that's what I wanted he gave me some websites to look at to choose a style. He'd already been thinking of that for a gift for me. This is the man who gave me a crock pot and Lego for Christmas the first one we were together. :lol: I do love him to bits...

Lara

Trish O 12-07-2001 04:27 PM

Oh, I think I posted on the Nov thread. boy, PG brain. Hope all is well with everyone.

Trish

Lara H 12-10-2001 09:16 AM

We got our Tree yesterday... and it's pretty much decorated! And hubby and sfil got the lights up. Our home now looks like Christmas. I couldn't figure out why I kept having to sit down and was feeling so tired during the whole process of decorating the tree and mantle until I was putting some of the packing away and uncovered the clock to see that it was almost 11... 2 hours later than I usually go to bed and I'd been on my feet for most of the day.

I have to say I'm glad I wasn't feeling old this weekend as I got mail
addressed to me from AARP! I mean I know I'm no spring chicken having this first baby (I'll be 31 before my little angel arrives) but I'm not reaching retirement age yet! :lol:

Well I'm off to work, I hope everyone is doing well.

Lara

Trish O 12-10-2001 03:44 PM

I am 31 too (well, I was 30 when I got pg). Anyway, off to the dr. Only a few more weeks for me and I am really ready...I think!?!?!

Trish
EDD 1/1/02

Lara H 12-10-2001 07:35 PM

Trish: Let us know what the Dr says... you must be getting really excited...

Ann is due in January too...

I'm slowly getting my house to Baby Readiness, although we haven't even begun to buy baby furniture yet... I am getting to the point where I see how that will be possible in the not too distant future... like another month or so maybe? Of course we may never be able to use the garage for our cars again... :lol:

Lara

Alex's Mom 12-11-2001 09:01 AM

I'm not ignoring everyone...I was waiting till my dr appt tomorrow so I'll have something intersting to chat about.

Trish - You must be getting so excited and nervous now. That is very normal. Your still a youngin' to me, I just turned 35 a few weeks ago. So my OB has me classified as 'Advanced Maternal Age'--isn't that flattering?

Lara - We each time we had to buy baby furniture we started about 8 wks before the due date. Keep in mind sometimes thing have to ordered and that can take anywhere from 4-6 wks. Also, you never know if you'll go early or late. When I had Alex I was early and we had part of our furniture in. My hubs ended calling the store and begging for the bassinet to be delivered before I got home. It was just about the day before. Forget about fitting cars in your garage, you'll never be able to walk through a room in your house without manuvering around all the baby gear.

I'm getting real hormonal these days. Crying way too easy. I'll let you know how my dr appt goes tomorrow.

Ann
EDD 1/27/02

Trish O 12-11-2001 09:57 AM

Dr. appt went well. I am 50% effaced (sp) and 1 cm dilated. I know, people can be like that for weeks, but it sounded cool to us. I go next week (38 weeks) for a sono to see how big the baby is (maybe really big...as I am measuring almost 38 cm at almost 37 weeks today) and all else. The dr. said if I have not done anything soon he would induce the week after Christmas and before New Years. My due date is New Years Day, so that is good and fine. I would like to go into labor this week however. That would be so nice...but I guess I have little say on this.

Baby does not seem to be moving much yesterday and today so far. I know he is bigger and harder for him to move etc...but I am going to keep close watch on it and call OB if I get nervous. He said that was fine so I won't feel too stupid. We had someone at work lose a baby at 39 weeks, so I really want to be careful about any internal signs.

Anyway, all going well.

Ann: good luck at the dr. Your age does not sound at all advanced to me...

lara: We bought most baby furnature stuff in October. I still need a matress for the crib (hubby parents are buying it and I don't have it yet. I am getting nervous.)

Anyway, talk with you later.

Trish

Alex's Mom 12-12-2001 03:44 PM

Well my appt went ok today. Could have been a bit better. They found some protein/sugar in my urine and said if there is any detected at the next visit (12/26), they will be monitoring me closely for the remainder of my pregnancy. Also, we discussed a bit on the u.s. that I had a several weeks ago. At my last visit my dr had mentioned the babys kidney was a bit enlarged. She asked me not to worry, but told me a few possibilities as to why it was enlarged--one which is that the baby just didn't void during the u.s. So I'll try to worry. The last thing we discussed that the next 3 wks for me are critical. Just about now is when I delivered my DD, so if history repeats itself, something could happen soon, but probably not. I'm measuring at 34 wks, and I've gained 24 lbs. She took one look at me and told me I needed more rest. Also, I got the water lecture again. So drink up ladies!

Ann
EDD 1/27/02

Trish O 12-13-2001 11:53 AM

Ann: Glad your dr is so on top of everything. That always makes me feel better. With the protein in teh urine, is that a possible sign of toximia? There are so many people who get that around me. Most go on bed rest and are just fine. Get some rest and drink your water! I am sure the kidney thing is nothing. Don't worry.

I have not been that on top of the water the last few days, but I am gong to get it all in and then some today. I know that is best. I have also been starved this last week. I am trying very hard to not eat too much. I don't want the baby to gain too much weight now. I have gained 50lbs with this pregnancy (way more than I would have liked. You all have done so well with your weight gains. I am jealous). Anyway, I have not really gained any weight of two months or so...so that is good.

Lara: hope all is going well with you.

Trish

Lara H 12-13-2001 05:19 PM

Hi all :)

Everything seems to be going well on my end... I am back to needing afternoon naps though. I missed mine yesterday and by 7pm was totally exhausted. I think at 6:30 I asked hubby if it was bed time yet. :lol:

Trish: Don't cut back too much, this is the time when the baby is supposed to be gaining. I was told to expect to gain at least a pound a week the last 8 weeks. and that is ON TOP of anything I gain before that...

Ann: It sounds like your dr is keeping an eye on things well for you. I always prefer it when my dr tells me what is going on and what might be causing it rather than have things sort of swept under the carpet. I'll keep good thoughts for both you and the baby.

Tamara and Roadrunner... I hope things are going well for both of you as well.

Lara

icewoman 12-17-2001 05:08 PM

Hello all,

I have been so busy shopping for christmas I have not had much time to post. I am doing good. Baby seems OK. I hope to not have to go in before christmas if at all possible. I have been having alot of pain in the groin. I think it could be a bladder infection but I am trying to just push the fluids. It seems a bit better today. I have not really gained much weight and I sure don't look pregnant. I hope that is a good sign that when the baby is born I will lose all the weight plus a little more.

Lara-- I can really relate to the naps in the afternoon but those are so little and far between when I can take one. My husband works nights and I work days so I have to stay awake with the kids.

Well must go and get ready to go home.

Take care all.

Lara H 12-17-2001 06:28 PM

Tamara... it's good to hear from you! I'm sorry you aren't feeling so great. Try some cranberry juice and see it that helps... uti's and bladder infections are sometimes helped on their way faster if you drink it. I've not had much time lately for afternoon naps either, but that doesn't stop me from dreaming about them! :lol: Is there any way you could find even 15 minutes to just put your feet up at somepoint in the afternoon? I've been trying to do that even if I have to be doing something else, just elevating my feet seems to help a lot.

I've been having a lot of pressure kind of low down in my abdomen yesterday and today, but the baby is really active so I'm not sure if maybe it's just the position it is laying in. If it continues Tomorrow though I think I'll be stopping by my Dr's office. Probably just first time mum jitters, but this is not like anything I've felt before now.

Hope all is well with everyone else,

Lara