Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 11:12 PM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Evening Ladies!!

Wow...been a busy weekend for me! I had a wonderful time this weekend. Seeing my son after 7yrs it was a shock to see how much he's grown. And to be looking up at him!!

I kept thanking his mom for letting me share the special day.

I have another Graduation to go to this weekend, my cousin is also graduating. I'm starting to feel old. I remember these kids being babies!!!

I'm sorry I haven't been on much, just so much going on. I need to get some dinner in before it gets too late. I still need to walk tonight.

Hugs to all...and I'll try to pop in more.

PS: Hello and welcome to Kim!!!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:25 AM   #17  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies!

Yeah I'm glad the cat scan is done and over with!

I hope you all are have a great day!
Old 06-05-2007, 12:05 PM   #18  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies...

I just finished walking, turned the speed up to get a little more sweating going on.......was a little more sweat then I wanted!!

Just wanted to pop in quickly and say hello. Need to shower and get to work.

Until next time!
Old 06-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #19  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

I've been having fun with Mackenzie, but she's going home after while. Then I've got to get my teeth cleaned today- time for my 6 month check up. Why does the 6 months time between dentist visits goes so fast, lol.

We've been finalizing our Florida reservations for next year - woohoo!

I'm OP and trying to build up my stamina on the elliptical. The fresh strawberries are almost gone from the garden, but the tomatoes are almost ready. Mmmmm!

Have a good day, ladies, and I'll see ya on the flip side.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #20  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUE...have fun with the construction next door! We are going thru that right now. Was hoping that they would have been almost finished by the time we moved in but nooooo. This past Sunday though they were over there a little before 7 to paint the house, ugh! Our bedroom is on that side so. But there have been mornings where they were there at 6:30 with their music blaring. Oh well, they are almost finished thank goodness. Hope the people building next to you guys are quieter and more respectful of people. WTG on your biking and walking. I didn't get any done yesterday but will today.

PINKJANE...ugh, how dare DH rub in the fact that he was in Orlando, lol! Hey, it will be here before you know it. WTG on your treadmilling-you're doing great!

SASSY...glad you got the scan done. DD had to have one when they were trying to find out what was wrong with her and she said that stuff she had to swallow was HORRIBLE!

JANE...good for staying OP!

MARTI...so glad you got to see your son graduate! Bet it was nice.

MINDEE...been thinking about you and the kids and hoping all is well. How is little Marissa doing? Growing like a weed I bet.

HI everyone else Hoping all is well with you.

Another busy morning. WE finally got something done yesterday. We did some landscaping so far but everything else has been on hold because of the weather. So yesterday finally got the cement and patio guy out and that is done. Well, we have to do the patio cover/pergola but the concrete is done. And guess what? It started raining, lol. It was just a short down pour, just enough to scare us into thinking we just wasted a lot of money. Well people are supposed to be here later...waiting for their call to say they are on the way. Then sprinklers, yay! Then finally sod and we can ge tthe fence in by the end of the month, makes me very happy! Anyway, gotta go and put a tree in a pot on the porch. I had the tree for a while and just got a pot today. Along with some more lillies. Had some yellow ones but wanted to add some more color around the tree in the back. Anywho...

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 06-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #21  
ugggg.....

Cristina--we will be expecting pics when the landscaping is done. DO you have a nice deck like on the last house?

Jane--DH's dad came for a short visit so us going out to Indianapolis looks like it will be postponed. When are the colors nice? Any fun stuff to do in late August or September?

Marti--WTG on the sweating!!

Sassy--glad the scan is finally over with, keep us up to date on the results!!

Sue--hope the contractors don't wake you up to early!!

Went to the dentist today. My tooth didn't hurt before but it sure does now!! I took some the dentists recommended 1 EX-strength tylenol and 2 advil combo. He swears by it and it does seem to work.

DD & her bf invited DS and his gf over. Dave the bf is making manicotti--he cooks really great Italian dishes according to dd. The two guys have really hit it off and the girls have always got along. The are going to start getting together once a week for dinner and a dvd.

The carnival was really fun with DD, bf and his 3 year old. She listens really well to dd, but then dd sets limits and has rules and when she says no she means it. 3 year old Lily loves her Teri-Berri!!

Gotta go!
Old 06-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #22  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Got in a 2 mile bike ride today although I was feeling a little queasy this morning. Told DH if I didn't know better I would say it is morning sickness.

Picked up a few groceries and ran some errands. Another load of laundry...yeah, I only thought it was all done. No, actually, I bought DH some new denim shorts and wanted to wash them.

I made some vegetable soup for dinner...had left over beef and broth from a previous meal and didn't want it to go to waste. It was better than the original meal. ha...And good on my poor tummy.

Cristina- Glad you got the cement poured and are ready to go on the next project. I have found that it is never ending..at least here. We keep saying we aren't going to plant anything else this year and then we DO. Now I am shopping for 2 lilacs and a weigela.

Jules- That just reminded me that our town carnival started today and goes through Sat. night. I don't have any small ones to take, but might still go for a burger that they grill.

Jane- Good luck on building up your time on the elliptical. I got up to 5 miles on the bike and then had to be "grounded" for a few days. Now I am having a hard time getting past 2 miles. Good for you being OP and going to Florida!!

Marti- HI missy. That is so cool that you got to see your son. I'm sure he loved having you there. Way to go on the sweating...haha.

Sassy- When I had my abdomen scan I had to drink 3 big bottles of gunk before I even got to the hospital. Really had to gag that stuff down.

Got a little more rain today...come on plants...GROW.
Happy hump day to all..........
Old 06-05-2007, 10:49 PM   #23  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink

Hi Ladies.

TY for your support. I am going to call my dr tomorrow and see if they got the results yet. The tech said my dr should get it within 3 days. So we'll see.

Cristina -- Actually that stuff was not that bad. It tasted like a very watered down vanilla milk. Not something you would willingly want to drink mind you, but definitely not the worst thing in the world to drink. Glad you got your patio done, at least the cement part, glad it didn't rain long!

Jules -- Thanks, yes I'm definitely glad its done and over with. It was nerve racking waiting to get it done. lol. Ouchie on the tooth pain. Glad the carnival was fun!

Sue -- WTG on the bikeride! Your gonna be another Lance Armstrong soon! lol. Wow 3 bottles of that stuff? How big were they? I had to drink one big bottle's worth. Looked like the size of like the old milk bottles.

Well we went to the in-laws today as it was their anniversary. I made them an ecard with a program I signed up for w/ Hallmark, MIL cried she liked it so much. I also bought her bath and body works. FIL said, "I guess there is nothing in there for me?" lol. I said, "No but that was your son's dept. lol." But DH is going to go over and help him with some yard work one day. They are also going to be remodelling their kitchen, new countertops, new cabinets, new floor, painting. So DH will be busy helping with that whenever they decide to start it. But this should be their last room to do. The only thing left for them to do is they need a new deck.

That is about it, just doing up the rest of our laundry.

Have a Great Night!

Old 06-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #24  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Sue - are you so very glad that it CAN'T be morning sickness, lol? Hope your're feeling better today. You are doing so well with the exercise - a big pat on the back to you!

Cristina - wow, your yard is going to be so beautiful, and the patio sounds great. As Sue said, it's all a never ending job! You mentioned lilies, what kind do you have? I've got yellow Stella D'Oro ones and Stargazers around the house, and out between my house and Mary's there's a big bunch of tiger lillies.

Jules - October is the best month for pretty fall colors in Indy. If you could get down to Brown Co, you'd be amazed. People come there from all over the nation to see the foliage then. But back to Indy, there's always something going on. They have museums, theaters, comedy clubs, live entertainment, and shopping. When we go there overnight, I like to stay at the Embassy Suites hotel. Not only is it very nice, but they have an enclosed skywalk to the Circle City Mall. You can Google Indy tourism for more ideas. Hopefully, I'll be able to meet you for lunch or something when you do make it there. I would really, really like to meet you!

Marti - aww, I'm so glad you had the time with your son. I bet your heart just about popped out when he marched in the auditorium to the Pomp and Circumstance song.

Sassy - did you get your CAT scan results yet? Be sure and let us know, ok? We're all concerned about you.

PinkJane - you mentioned Barilla - that reminds me of the pasta, lol. If MY dh went to Kissimmee, I think I'd stoy away and have some fun with Mickey while I was there. Wait, that didn't sound nice, lol. But you know what I mean, lol.

Tammy - did you metion when your vacation is scheduled? A big YAY for one more pound down. Hey, where's your sister? Tell her to please come back and join us, ok?

Jodi - how's it going at work? Hopefully you're settling into a nice routine by now.

Hello to everyone else.

I didn't get to see my dentist after all yesterday, and rescheduled for July. Today I have my Steel Magnolia meeting.

I've been trying to eat more protein and less carbs, and I'll feeling more energetic. For some reason, I've slacked off on the water, and so today my goal is to get a boatload, lol.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 269/264/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, and thanks for the welcomes!

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday. Was a hard day at work and I basically came home and collapsed. No excercise yesterday as a result and I did really well on my diet until last night and I gave into some pms cravings. Doing MUCH better today though. Doing better on the diet than I did yesterday at work and I'm drinking more water today. I also hope to go home and ride my stationary bike for at LEAST 30 minutes.

Question: Realistically speaking, how much weight could I expect to lose in 10 weeks? I know that the "healthy" amount is 1-2 pounds. But COULD I lose more and be healthy? I've heard that the heavier you are, the more you can stand to lose in a shorter amount of time. Is that true?

Hope you all are doing well. I'm sorry I can't say hey to each of you like some of you do. Maybe once I get to know some of you better, I'll be able to, but right now, it's a lot of info for my little brain to remember. LOL

Have a good afternoon!
Old 06-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #26  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Happy afternoon Ladies!

Cristina--Wow, you have been busy! Yes, I agree with Sue that there is always a project in the works. I've got fabric samples, wallpaper, fabric to recover my dining chairs and samples of paint already painted on the wall (behind some pictures) all in preparation to paint my living and dining rooms. Just got to get ahold of my painter and find a weekend that he is available. And of course, need the $$ to pay him. It will happen sometime this summer.

Jane--Don't know what is up with my sis. She officially joined WW with me and is doing really well but I think she is hanging out on the WW board. She needs to bring her bragging and motivation over here! Oh, yeah, we are going on vacation July 14-21th.

Sue--Did all go well with the sale of your house in LV?

Jules--You get my total sympathy with the tooth pain. I sat in a dentist chair last week for 2 hrs to restore a broked tooth after aready getting a root canal. I'm crossing my fingers that the tooth was really saved.

Sassy--I missed the cat scan story. Can I ask why you needed one?

Marti--Glad to hear that you enjoyed your reunion with your son at his graduation. You can hear the pride in your voice.

Wecome to Kim!!! You'll never find a warmer, more sincere group of gals then you have here!

Hugs to PinkJane, Jodi, Michelle, Vannh, Jodi and anyone else I missed.

Having a good week. Went to see my pulmonary (asthma) doc today and got a great report. I'm on 5 different asthma meds everyday and in wonderful control. I can climb all 5 flights of steps at work without getting short of breath. I didn't realize how bad my lungs were until I finally started breathing like a normal person. Feeds good to go to the doc for a healthy checkup! Other than that, nothing earth shattering going on here. Going dancing tonight, staying OP with WW and continuing to lose in spite of my TOM! Life is good!!
Old 06-06-2007, 04:43 PM   #27  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

JULES...I will post some pictures. Need to figure out how to get them on the computer from the digital. Was used to getting pictures developed and then scanning and loading on the computer, lol. I am sure the digital will be easier as soon as I take the time to figure it out, lol. We do have a covered deck that was already here with the house. But the patio we just added and will do the cover like the other one we did. It's going to be a little different since the house is different of course. Glad the kids are getting along. I love Italian food!

JANE...I have the stella lilies...just love the bright yellow. We put them in the front as a border and then around the tree in the back. I added some (4) little business ones (thought that name was funny, lol) to the circle as well. Was looking for some echinacea-the purple cone flowers but could not find any anywhere. Just wanted to add a different color to the circle, lol. I love the tiger lilies too! So pretty! I love the name of your group. Every time I see it, it makes me think of the movie and the ladies in the beauty shop.

SUE...it does seem to be never ending. Even when I thought I was done with the other yard I found a spot to put something there, lol. I had a weigand and was wanting another but not sure where I would put one. I am going to try and not get carried away in the back but after we finish the tree planting in the fall that will be it, I think, lol. When we put up the fence I know where trees will go and just want a butterfly bush. Anywho...you are doing great with your biking. Hope your knee(s) aren't bothering you too much.

SASSY...have you heard anything yet? Hope they find what they are looking for and get it taken care of. Watered down vanilla milk, yuck! I remember when they always diagnosed my gallstones as an ulcer...they gave me this concoction they called a green lizard...OMG! Disgusting! The last one I had I told the girl I would not be able to stomach it (had too many in the past) and I was right. It was a 100 times worse than Mylanta. And I would rather hurt than drink that stuff again. The only good thing about the green lizard was, once it went down it numbed everything and stopped the pain instantly. So how long have your in-laws been married? Was it a big 5-0?

HI KIM! It does get a little overwhelming at times trying to keep up with everyone and doing individuals. Just do what you can when you feel comfortable. About your question, not really sure. I know some people like to see fast results but I like to stick with the 1-2 pounds a week. I know though at WW meetings the bigger women always lose a little more than that, some 3-5 after their inital visit. There were some on theire first week of WW that lost 10 pounds. So I don't know...sorry that was any help to you. It would probably be best to talk to your doctor about it.

Oh my gosh...the well guys did show up yesterday! I was really surprised. So two things down and a zillion to go. Actually, we did get the tree cutter guy in a couple of weeks ago and got rid of the junk trees in the back. Did some landscaping so that is actually more than 2 things down, lol. Getting there, slowly but surely.

Not much going on today. Getting some laundry done and computer time in. Almost time for jeopardy then will be out in the yard again. Anywho...

Take care and have a good day ladies.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #28  
One day at a time

Hi ya TAMMY!

You posted while I was writing that mini-novel, lol.

Sounds like you are as busy as me, lol! Bu tdon't you love decorating? We still haven't finished the painting inside. Thought we would concentrate on the oustide first. But...had to have the LR & DR/Kitchen painted...it was killing me, the bright white walls. We get too much sun in those rooms so the color on the walls have helped!

Glad you got a clean bill of health and life is good!

Have fun dancing!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #29  
ugggg.....

Cristina--I need to get a digital camera and start taking and downloading pics, you know I will definitely need it after the baby!! The kids had a great time--they are grilling next time. They watched a dvd can't remember which one--some semi scary one that reminded dd of The Grudge. Ry & Alicia went home and Dave went to bed and Teri stayed up to watch The Painted Veil. She says she loved it though it is sad, she went back to bed still crying and Dave woke up and got all worried about her until she told him it was just the movie.

Tammy--the sad part is I am going to have to get the same thing done that you did. I got a root canal and was stupid and didn't go get the crown down so it broke and now the dentist and insurance company are fighting over what to do about it. The other is okay today. HAve fun dancing!!

kehb--everyone is different when it comes to losing weight. It's really hard to say. You will pick up doing individuals in time.

Jane--I will suggest late September, early October to DH. I love fall colors. I definitely want to have lunch when I finally make it out there.

Sassy--you are your dh are so good to both your parents. Sounds like you are going to busy helping them remodel.

Sue--I go to the carnival for the french fries with vinegar!! They had buffalo burgers one year which were actually realy good.

Have a great nite everyone!!
Old 06-06-2007, 08:13 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies

Just got off the treadmill so I thought I would check in...Hubby called he is stopped in West Virginia for the nite then on to Chicago, he has to have his truck serviced this Sat. so he gets to come home this weekend...the boy and I are off to the movies again tomorrow to see Pirates again LOL...well I need to cook some turkey for my dinner so Have a Good Evening All.

Marti - Glad to hear you had a good time seeing your son and sweat is good!! LOL

Jane - LOL he was hauling Barilla pasta, we have a pasta plant here in Ames, He said they are still doing construction on the freeway so he had to take the exit for the Magic Kingdom and he waved and said hello for us LOL, he went right passed Downtown Disney but it was 2 am so nothing was open.

Jules - Hiya...Glad to hear you all had fun at the carnival

Cristina - I smacked the boy on the back of the head and he asked what that was for so I told him for not havin a driver's license so I couldn't go to Florida and because I couldn't reach through the phone to smack his dad LOL...I really really really need to see some palm trees!!!

Sue - Good going on the bike riding and the soup sounds yummy.

Sassy - Did you get your results? Hope all is well

Tammy - Have fun dancing!

Pink Jane
Your next vacation is 95 days away!
Closed Thread