Old 06-08-2007, 11:47 AM   #61  

has anyone Ever eaten moose? like moose sausage, filet of moose. moosekabobs, Mooseburger. legomoose?roastmoose? does it taste like chicken? or Emu? like lamb or beef? is it gamey? mild? fatty? how much cholesterol?
Gawd I need this job! I am going InSANE!!!! I cant stay home much longer and claim that I am actually enjoying it !!!!!!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #62  

Well till we know more, fingers crossed cowie that it is some anomoly.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #63  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
has anyone Ever eaten moose?
Just popped in to say Yes, indeed, people eat moose a-plenty around here. Of course, it is not in any way domesticated, so you don't find it in restaurants. Ya gotta shoot it. I've had moose burgers (dry) and DD'sbf's family had some moose last winter and I hear BF made spaghetti and mooseballs with it. I didn't get any of that, but DD liked it. It is a bit gamey, not oily, kind of like venison. I suppose it's quite lean.

Gotta go, today is Class Day at the high school where the graduating seniors put on a show. DDbf is playing the piano for some of the performers.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #64  

Well I as a carnivorus... would love to try it...Dare I say -- I like venison.. I like venison roasts and snasages. On the other hand, I would not like to shoot it... I prefer it saran wrapped, or freezer wrapped. Has anyone watched Debra Messing in StarterWife on USA? I tivo'ed it -watch the 2 episodes this morn... I just Love her!!! I was over Grace and Will years before it ended...but she is just a delightful light comedian actress. I wonder if Gigi Glazer (writer and soon to be ex wife of Brian Glazer, life long biz partner of Ron Opie /Ritchie Cunningham Howard) is writing from the "inside hollywood" know.... I bet she is.... ooooh just DELISH!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #65  

kiwi-- if you can -- send some mooosic from DDDBF our way!! I would love to hear more of his playing... Xmas was just a taste of it - and he is just a delight to listen tooo.have fun!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:32 PM   #66  

Crap! Everbuddy must be busy today so I haveta tawk ta myself sooo, I tried on stuff I had in my closet from Years of Yore when I was a workin gal... and stuff is toooo big...okay , not like falling off me but ..too big, and I have stuff that has SHOULDERMAPADS! that are sooo dated and big... I am in a quandry.... I have very unusual body which if I werent so stingy, I would go to a tailor to have stuff fitted right... and now after watching one to many episodes of What not to Wear, I think I shoud heed their advise in the future.... but I only have like NO TIME for this to happen, so I'm thinking of wearing black pants, with a black top, and a red blazer that has black piping with gold buttons... it's my "go to" ensemble...
Then I have this light tan column dress (not good for hippy folks) that comes with a long duster, that is another favorite, but whilst the dress fits, the duster looks to big or... I could GO OUT SHOPPING for a new ensemble which is close to a nightmare for me as I care to get.... okay, I think I will try to look for a new outfit, take the tan one to the cleaners, and if all else fails - wear my tried and true Red black number...
I need help!!
Old 06-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #67  
loves kleenex box art

I guess I read too fast because I THOUGHT IT SAID Shots was going to an interview in a red and black lumberjack outfit. Maybe with a moose on a leash.

I do not think mooseballs sound tasty.

LCP in in NY working for the UN and has invited DS to visit her on her dime. To get the best deal, she has booked them on a tour of NY, Washington, Niagara Falls and NJ. NJ I don't get. What will they see in NJ Shots? Anyway, everyone except DS will be Korean. All the literature will be in Korean. Tour guide will speak Korean. Etc. The tour includes hotels and all that and I said, "You'll be there won't you?" and she said, "Of course I won't be in the same room." But ... she had just said that he didn't have to share a room, of course. But I said, "You won't send him off alone, will you?" She'll be in the hotel but, of course, in a different room. He'll be in the one he doesn't have to share. Not sure where she'll be but not there, of course.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:36 PM   #68  

And LCP attempts to sell the Brooklyn (not part of NJ) Bridge to MommaPeach... Close yer eyes and ears pernie... and make sure DS has learned the value of raincoats.
My BELOVED NJ so misaligned..so terribly misunderstood.,,
it has been said for years that NYCity, should be annexed to NJ.. case in point: Newark International airport (the hubbub to the WORLD ) is located in NJ-- a mear 20 minutes into NYC -- unlike NY States closest airport into the city-- might as well take another flight from there to newark..to get to NYC ... and Newark is prononced as NEWerk,not NEW ARK as in Delaware (otherwise known and loved as the SALES TAX FREEEEEEEE shopping capital of the states) -- Unfortunately folks who fly in see and smell the oil refineries and dont see our loverly beaches nor mountains nor country side... YET ! They do get to see and ride upon our TURNPIKE !!! made famous by The Sopranos! YES!! I am a Joisey Broad --for I know each one of those landmarks you may see on the opening credits..

And lest we forget that the Giants play in Jersey!!! Yes yes! and their biggest Fans are from Jersey!!! Yet they continue to be the New York
Giants...

oooh my Jersey, how I miss you!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #69  

Schatz, maybe you and I could go shopping together........ me for the mother of the bride mumu, you, for the power interview outfit.........
you really must come to Oregon------- no sales tax here -- none, nada .............. and it's against the law to pump our own gas........ we have polite (yeah, sure) attendants to do it for us. It's a whole different world out here on the left edge of the continent.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:41 PM   #70  
The magic shrinking cow

Oops, I meant the job, not the spleen! Sorry!
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:21 AM   #71  
loves kleenex box art

Cherry, I feel like I missed something.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:12 AM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
The only thing that keeps me going is the thought that when it's over I can go in my room and close the door....... and also, the thought that if the whole wedding turns out to be a disorganized fiasco, that it's not the worst thing in the world that could happen. I'm familiar with much worse things than a botched wedding day.
Perspective, and @#$%'d life experience does help in some ways, doesn't it. How rewarding to train a service dog!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
Painty, I'm glad your DS's wedding went off well. You know we're always glad to see you here, regardless of how often. Enjoy LA. I had a blast there last time we went (which must have been 11 or 12 years ago). As long as we didn't try to drive during rush hour, the driving wasn't bad at all.
There are photos of the wedding here, but you need the password which is Jennifer 812.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
You mean macaroni salad in tupperware containers and jellied desserts? Been there, done that, the couple is still married. I'm glad it went well.
Not quite... but there was a buffet with a choice of fried chicken or mystery meat (salisbury steak, maybe?) with gravy. I tended to stick to the rolls, champagne and cake.

Quote:
and stuff is toooo big...okay , not like falling off me but ..too big, !!
GOOD LUCK. I am mostly green with envy that you have clothes that are too big. Wish I did. DD gave me tons of things that are now too big for her that are still 2 or 3 sizes too small for me. Incentive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby View Post
no sales tax here -- none, nada .............. and it's against the law to pump our own gas........ we have polite (yeah, sure) attendants to do it for us. It's a whole different world out here on the left edge of the continent.
Didn't know that. Texas doesn't have an INCOME tax, but the sales tax is 8.125 % and there are no services to speak of. Would love to bet back to the ULH corner of the country. Especially when it is hot and humid here.

Will try not to whine. Best to all.l
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #73  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
Not that it's a pleasant alternative, but can they operate on things like this and give you a new bionic elbow?
Well, there is an operation that they dangle out there as a threat, I mean last resort, but it seems to involve detaching things -- I don't think I can deal with that.

Quote:
Windows....98? might as well have a hand crank on that puter ... fer gawd sake!!!! there must be some equitable replacement programs for your beloved ones!!!!
Actually no, I've looked, nothing usable for free anyway. I have this lovely quirky program called Sidekick where I have all my calendar/appointment/address card file info. MS Outlook is a piece of sh** compared to it.

Quote:
Has anyone watched Debra Messing in StarterWife on USA?
I wondered if that was any good. Haven't watched any of it.

Quote:
kiwi-- if you can -- send some mooosic from DDDBF our way!! I would love to hear more of his playing...
Ahh, I wish. He is one of those very self-effacing people who would never dream of making a recording or even very often playing solo piano. He will play to accompany anyone who asks though, so maybe I should conspire with DD to get him to learn something really good that she can play guitar to or something. Hmmm sneaky.

HOW DO YOU GUYS STAND TO TYPE ON THESE REGULAR KEYBOARDS???? MY WRISTS ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I have very unusual body
How does that song go, "If I told you I had a very unusual body, would you get me a tailor?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
What will they see in NJ Shots?
I believe Ellis Island counts as a NJ tourist stop, no? You always have to go to NJ and take a ferry. But for foreigners, maybe a ride on the Garden State Pkwy would be fun; kind of like bumper cars, you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
I said, "You'll be there won't you?" and she said, "Of course I won't be in the same room." But ...
Sometimes it's fun to watch them jump through hoops, don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman View Post
How rewarding to train a service dog!!
Well, I suppose with Jet, it's a bit of a stretch, since she still knocks you over jumping on you in her enthusiasm and pulls me off my feet on the leash. But she is a good retriever anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman View Post
there was a buffet with a choice of fried chicken or mystery meat (salisbury steak, maybe?) with gravy.
I love mystery meat.

Later gators. My extremities hurt I've got to quit.

Kiwi
Old 06-09-2007, 01:36 PM   #74  
Member w/ messiest house

Painty, I love the wedding pics! You look lovely, and your dh is adorable! And your kids are gorgeous -- I assume that's your dd in the polkadot dress? She's beautiful! And your son looks very handsome in a tux.

The couple is so cute -- I love the bride with her bare feet up in the limo. Hope they'll be very happy.

Kiwi

P.S. Hottie alert. Bride's brother. Don't say I sent you.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:52 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
Painty, I love the wedding pics! You look lovely, and your dh is adorable! And your kids are gorgeous -- I assume that's your dd in the polkadot dress? She's beautiful! And your son looks very handsome in a tux.
The couple is so cute -- I love the bride with her bare feet up in the limo. Hope they'll be very happy.
P.S. Hottie alert. Bride's brother. Don't say I sent you.
Oooh, Kiwi, you made my day. Maybe my whole weekend. Thanks for looking! Yeah, the brother is cute! Yes, it's DD in the polkadots. She's now run TWO 5K races. I have an off spring who has some athleticism. AMAZING. So proud of her. I might have to get lots of joints replaced or bionicized to do the same, but I've got yoga and walking plans on the brain. Finally.

Baggz... SO sorry to hear about nutcase stalker ruining your daughter's peace of mind. It isn't too surprising when nutcase kids have nutcase parents (present company excluded, of course!!). I was pretty blown away when I read The Sociopath Next Door. It can help sort the "obsessed" from the "dangerous" as well as help readers understand who is likely to be nice, helpful, cooperative and "like a good scout" and who is merely going through the motions until they can (figuratively) stab somebody in the back.
Can't believe it is so close to Monday again. Pfffffffffffft
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote