Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - June '07

You're on Page 1 of 10
Go to
  • Okay Gang . . . here we are at our new chat thread for the current month.

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about.

If you are a continuing member . . . . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can,as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . .
  • i doing cleaning today. it's going to be hot today. glen
  • Morning Meowee - how are those kittens?? How's the sofa?

Morning Glen - great to see you! It's hot here too, but the rain has just started, so I'm hoping that will water the garden for me - LOL!!

How's everyone else? It always feels like summer to me as soon as it's June - so... off we go on a moving, shaking, changing, wise-choosing, smart-eating fantastic new month!!

Who's got plans for the weekend?

Heather
  • I went and got groceries today. I got my lifting in (weights) and now I just have to do the floors ....we will see if I get to that..lol. I did my body fat % today and I fall somewhere between 20.2 and 27....That is a big difference I wish these things would be more accurate oh well at least I am within healthy range.
  • Hello everyone!! I need someone to remind me how to subscribe to this thread . i cannot find it anywhere .

thanks

annette
  • Jen !! I am now subscribed .

Well girls i am off to my night out with my work friends . I will report back later .

Ilene for the Eastside link , i looked it over and wrote down a few choices. Now if i can just keep my thoughts straight when i am faced with the menu and waitress. I think i will be ok , but i am known for being undecisive.

ok well here i go

Good evening to all !!

Annette
  • Good Luck Annette Have fun!!
  • Hi everyone !

Well i am back from my night out . Supper was good . I think i did not do too bad at Eastside . I ordered Goat cheese chicken , only ate one of the chicken breast some of the veggies and i did end up with some potatoes but only ate little less than half . I did eat some ceasar salad and at the end i could not help myself they have a mini chocolate mousse so i ordered it but i am still pretty happy with myself because it was still a small enough portion . As for the movie the one we wanted to see was sold out so most girls went home. Myself and a friend went to the mall and we walked around for about
    2hrs and then sat in the car for another 1 1/2 hrs just talking away .

I guess I should go to bed it is late and i am exhausted .

goodnight everyone

annette
  • Glad you had a great night out, Annette, and that you made good choices and feel super about it!

Heather
  • Hi gang . . .

Wow ANNETTE . . . . . . Sounds like that was a definite NSV, chickie. Be proud.

Nothing too new around here . . . up way to early and now I'll want a nap later. But . . . I do get to go pick up the new glasses this morning and hopefully they will go a great way to getting rid of the eye-strain and headaches of the past few weeks . . . I hope, I hope . . .

Have a good moving and shaking morning, gang . . . back later . . .
  • Hi there, gang . . . . . . Hope everybody is having a great Sunday. The "sun" is actually shining here in Atlantic Canada this morning and that always makes my mood a little more too.

My best news for the day is that I picked up my new glasses yesterday and I can actually "SEE" . . . Yippee . . . I can read and watch TV at the same time, again (as silly as that sounds, it's something I do all the time). Actually bought myself a new book to celebrate . . . The Eat Clean Diet, by Tosca Reno, a Canadian who writes a regular column for Oxygen Magazine. Some interesting stuff. Not really a "diet" just information about 'clean/healthy' eating habits.

On another topic . . . some of you may have noticed a thread about the cost of gas in the US that's been on the go in General Chatter. A bit difficult for us to relate to since we work in litres and since the Canadian and US gallons are very different anyway. So . . . I thought we should do our own comparison . . . just so we could feel equally as 'wonderful' about our gas prices as they do.

So . . . what is the current price for a litre of gas in your community? We have so-called 'controls' here in Nova Scotia and the current (this week) price is running at $1.15 a litre. That should make some of you living farther West feel a little better.

Anyway, buddies . . . have a great moving and shaking kind of day. See you soon . . .
  • Hi all -

Meowee, the gas here in K-W has been hovering over $1.10 a litre for weeks, so it was very exciting to see it at $1.04 today. Unfortunately, my car takes premium... so I filled up at $1.17. And by my car, you could infer 'my husband'... bah. I have filled it a couple of times with regular, and *I* never noticed it running any differently! Men - pah!

How's everybody?

Heather
  • Hey Gang

Gas here is $1,04... Not too bad :shrugh: I guess...

I didn't know Tosca Reno was Canadian!! How cool.... The last books I bought was Volumetrics and YOU on a Diet...

I ate way too much this weekend, I won't go into details but I'm not going to weigh-in tomorrow morning, I'm waiting till wednesday...