Old 12-12-2007, 08:34 AM   #106  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

ahhh Ellen, here's to you feeling better, my dear. Nothing more miserable than a cold. DD and DS are both fighting a cold, I am trying to stay away from both of them.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:25 AM   #107  

Height: 5'5"

WE also had a round of the stomach flu come thru...DH even got it! I only had a touch, so I am wondering if that is all that I will get. I hope so. On the plus side I have not been eating much, so at least I haven't gained LOL I have to venture out in the snow and pick up teacher gifts...I was going to do that on Saturday, but ended up taking my mom to the dr's. She is ok...just the flu and a UTI. Double whammy! Well, I gotta run DD2 wants her mommy time while everyone else is at school.
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #108  

Talking

Rose Marie Sweeney was born this morning!!! Yay!!!

Long awaited arrival of a dear friends baby!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #109  
Annie - Indiana

Happy Birthday Rose Marie!!!

Happy Holidays to Everyone!
Old 12-21-2007, 07:28 PM   #110  

HI!!! I had a nasty 24 bug this week but am doing just fine now.
It is very festive in my house. weeeeeeeeeeeee Kids had a great last day of school. We took some treats to the sitter and she gave a sweet gift to the kids. Work was good. A few bottles of wine and boxes of chocolates were left in my hands. mmmmmm...thanks! A couple of my ladies head to Florida til March. Gonna miss them.

Work from 9-1 tomorrow and then off til Thursday!! Piano recital at the retirement home tomorrow at 2 and then I am off to do my Grandma's hair.
Sunday we have church, kids are playing piano there too, and off to see a movie with some friends. Monday we rest and I will make a turkey dinner for us. My sis is cooking prime rib on Christmas Day. My grandma is really not up to a lot of being out but we all hope she can manage 2 hours. Love her so much.
I still need to find 2 little things for DD.Maybe Sat aft on my way to Grandma's .
You have no idea how happy I am. BIG change from this time last year. I would have never thought it was possible. We had a very fun gathering here last Sat evening. Things have been positive and laid back. Yippee!!

Merry Christmas to you fabulous Chicks!!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:34 PM   #111  

Church was beautiful this morning.Our new minister and his wife, who is also a minister, sing like angels and did a duet. Then our tiny adult choir ,with it's 6 members, did a two part/round song with our SS kids.The kids sang in Latin. Beautiful again. Then my two kids each played a song on the piano followed by 3 others. Hubby came today and was sweet. He went to visit friends this aft.
My kids and I met a dear friend with his two kids for a movie this aft.
Alvin and the Chipmunks was a great family movie. Very funny. Then the kids and I did our Dollar Store shopping.

I have so much to do here. I would really like to have the house tidy and moderately clean for Christmas. It's just the 4 of us here tho. Both kids need baths tonight. Some presents to wrap. Pumpkin Dump Cake to make.
Maybe I will do the cake and then clean the kitchen well......

.........Kids are bathed,had an apple and in bed. I baked my cake. Hubby is continuing to be lighthearted and sweet. So nice. My sis and her hubby cleared the rest of the ice at Grandma's so she will be able to come out on Tues.( I did her her hair and chopped ice on the side walk last night). My Dad has not missed Christmas dinner with his Mom ,ever, in 65 years. Not gonna start now.
Hubby is going to work for part of the day tomorrow. I will be cleaning and cooking. Kids can R&R.
I want to wrap the matching PJ's I had made. I will post pics of them. I will give them to everyone to wear tomorrow evening.

Ho Ho Ho and Fa la la la la..................
Old 12-27-2007, 12:11 PM   #112  
Annie - Indiana

Happy New Year!!

Holly- I am so glad you are in a happy place, you so deserve to be.

Unfortunately, I caught my DD & DSs cold and am fighting it with full force while AT WORK. I really want to be home in bed.

My DD got me a new beautiful watch and DS got me a set of pearls for Christmas. I am so blessed with great kids, great life, and much love. Santa brought me a gift cert. for my nail place. Yeah, go Santa....

Here is to a healthy and prosperous 2008 to all!!

Hugs and Love

Annie
Old 12-31-2007, 10:10 AM   #113  

Holly~so glad that you are in a much better place. I know you made a lot of big changes this year, but all the hard work is worth it! Yay for you!!!!

Annie~I am pretty much in the same boat as you...only I Am not at work, but all three kiddies have it, and I am the only one to take care of them while DH is at work. Hoping all will be better soon.

Our Christmas went well.., We went to my aunt's house on Christmas eve, got to see the entire extended family. then after that we went to Midnight Mass at church. DS and my two youngest brothers all served, I was surprised that none of them fell asleep up there. LOL My two DD's and my youngest sister all fell asleep in the pew. CHristmas day was nice and relaxing...the kids all played with their new toys, and DH and I got to sit back and enjoy the peace (for 10 mins at least)

Went to the gym this weekend, it actually went better than I thought...but having sick one will keep me out for a few more days...hopefully after the new year I can get back to a routine and get there more often. Hope you girls have a wonderful eve tonight. No plans for us, but tomorrow we are taking the kids bowling!
Old 12-31-2007, 12:19 PM   #114  
Annie - Indiana

Hello Ladies.........

Am feeling much better this week, we get tomorrow off so will lay around and relax to help with recovery.

2007 was a very good year for me and I feel 2008 will even be better.

Hope that 2008 is wonderful for both of you ladies!!

Love and many hugs,

Annie
Old 01-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #115  

Happy New Year Annie and UPS!!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Such a good time last night. I was up til 4am tho. yaaaaaaawn. Coffee is dripping thru. Ds was the only boy to 9 other girls but he survived. We played games, laughed, listened to great music, ate way too much yummy food, shared some wine and champers.

I will definitely be taking a nap later. I have the fixins here for brunch. DS is up. Oh...theres' DD.

HUGS!!!!! and best wishes for the New Year!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:20 AM   #116  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Happy New Year Ladies! Here's a to a new year. We can make it what we want it to be!

Holly, I dunno how you do it!

DH and I had a laid back New Year as usual. We THOUGHT about going to a party that we were invited to, or going downtown, but Christmas was very busy for us - had family over, etc...so we have been wiped out. We napped a lot today, got small things done around the house and had dinner.

We plan to hit the gym sometime this week. I admit, I'm sure it's been six months since I've been there! All in my locker must be dusted off. I kind of miss it though. This next few weeks will be packed at the gym due to all of the NY resolutions. And I'm nervous, I admit it. But at least we'll be together.

Then I'll be able to find out how much I really weigh. I was 247 I think last I weighed, and I would not be surprised if I've broken the 250 mark. Oh my. But first step is to admit and face the facts, and then do something about it.

So I will be reunited with my dear elliptical this week...wish me luck.

girlie
Girlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #117  
Annie - Indiana

Goodluck to you Girlie!!!! And much willpower dust sprinkled your way. Don't wait so long to post, we love ya and want to support you, no matter what your state of diet.

Holly, what a wonderful way to celebrate.

We went to see the movie "Juno" yesterday, OMG hilarious thruout the movie. Not for kids, but a very very funny adult movie.

Have a peachy, OP great day and year.

May the force be with us.

Hugs

Annie
Old 01-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #118  

Girlie~ I know what you mean! I really have to get back to the gym too, but I hate when it is too crowded. Oh well, kinda like getting in a pool, sometimes you just have to close your eyes and jump in!!!

We had a relaxed NYE too. just stayed at home with the kids. DH started to watch the Beverly Hillbillies marathon, and the kids thought it was hilarious. I am now trying to get up the gumption to get outside and shovel again. Not too much snow, but it just kept coming down. also have to head to the bank, do like 2 weeks worth of laundry, and get the kitchen cleaned up. hope you ladies have a wonderful day!
Old 01-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #119  

I am determined this in my year to reach 199!!!! All the marriage drama( crap) and kids issues seems to be behind us. everything else is flowing smoothly. Maybe I can actually take care of me for a bit.

Hi Girlie!!! Hugs to all!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:58 AM   #120  
Annie - Indiana

Holly...You Go Girl....make it all about you. That is what I did starting last Feb 12, 2007.

Rock On!!