Old 12-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #661  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

Good morning ladies hope your all well.

Marie I haven,t had a chance to do much reading with doing my floors and other painting projects but only have a few pages to go I,ve enjoyed it so far I,ve got 2 more to read after this one both James Patterson, The Quickie and You,ve Been Warned I,m not familar with Vince Flynn but I enjoy Dean Koontz.

Now girls don,t get fiesty over your team,s remember it,s CHRISTMAS a time to be charitable LOL.

I,ve had a good start to the morning, tooth still playing up hope to get to the Dentist YUK next week to have it pulled so at the moment still on a soft food diet, I weigh in tomorrow so I hope I have,nt gained if I,ve stayed the same I can live with that.

Hi Penny, Judy and Carol.

Take care everyone bye for now.

JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:04 PM   #662  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Judy - I'm glad you're feeling more energetic. That's a good idea rewarding yourself with stars for "good behavior". I think we did that with our son when he was a little whipper snapper and always in trouble! It worked well for him, so maybe I should give it a try! Do you get a reward when you get a certain number of stars? Ooops, sorry I was rooting for the 'wrong' team! I guess I'll just have to keep out of it or I'll be in the dog house with you or Marie if I root for either team. Bummer that your rent is going up. It's quite a buyer's market right now, so maybe you can get a good deal if you decide to buy your own place.

Juls - I like your slim redhead too. I wouldn't mind looking like that! I had a funny mental picture of you in an evening dress hiding under the bed with the thunderstorm raging and your DH getting "frisky"! Still, I hope you reach your goal for your 5th anniversary and there's no thunderstorm to mess up your plans! I hope you get some relief from your toothache. Too bad you have to get it pulled, but I know how it feels to have that kind of pain and you just want to get rid of the darn thing.

Marie - Congrats on your team winning, but I'd better just stick to rooting for the Cubs and Mariners (in baseball season of course) otherwise it's not fair to Judy's team, the Browns. You have every right to be mad at your so-called "co-leader". I hope she pulls her weight in future.

Carol - I hope all is well with you and your DH.

I got most of my Christmas shopping done today and I'm glad as it's already getting real busy at the mall. It took me about 10 min. to get out of the parking lot - and that's on a Monday! I bought some nice rhinestone jewelry to wear over the holidays - earrings and a bracelet. I thought a bit of 'bling' would go well with my new black dress. I was lucky to also find some really cute (and comfortable) flats to wear. Just for fun I tried on some 3" heels and couldn't even stand in them let alone walk!!!

Last edited by penpal; 12-10-2007 at 11:05 PM.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:30 PM   #663  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone. The seminar went alright and the co-leader did what she needed to do. So that was good.

The b-day party was great even with a few bumps (the fresh pasta I'd bought that was good through Jan 7 was moldy so I had to make my own - took longer and wasn't as easy) but overall it was great.

Juls, I hope the tooth comes out soon. Tooth pain is one that is nearly impossible to ignore.

Penny, good for you on finishing the shopping. Other than stocking stuff, I'm done. I did amazon.com for almost all of it. I love free shipping and no crowds.

Well, very busy day so I'd better go. The walk this morning was COLD but the stars were incredible. I love living in the country.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #664  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi, ladies--

I am doing well today. Ate on program yesterday, and had an good hard workout on the bike this morning. My DVD player is acting weird, so I'll try to clean the head or whatever before panicking. I've been splurging on DVD box sets (using the holiday sale coupons) but mostly I use the thing for my morning workouts. I have a little mini-DVD player, but it's not the same, watching those tiny figures doing kicks and curls. Today I had an egg and two ounces of ham, with salsa, and V8 Juice for b'fast, sliced turkey and half an apple for a snack, and a strange but tasty lunch of chickpea salad, seaweed salad and seafood (mostly mussels) salad.

Marie, I'm glad that the seminar went well and your co-worker pulled through.

Juls, your hubby sounds like a fun guys to wait out a storm with . Your anniversary will be a good goal to reach for, good luck!

Penny, i think you can root for the Browns and the Packers, since they won't be playing each other this season (thank goodness) and aren't even in the same conference, no conflicts. I lived in Chicago for many years, and loved the Cubs back in the '80, and still love seeing them play in glorious Wrigley Field.

Shopping? Shopping? Oh, my, only 14 shopping days left, and I've done very little....
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:51 PM   #665  

G,day s, it is a beautiful day here down under.

Penny I got a mental picture too from your description sounds fun might spice things up a bit yeah the tooth thing is a bummer but I would rather have it out than keep this pain. The jewellery sounds nice I usually get some bling for the holidays this year I got some Rudolph earrings, I,m not even half way through my Chrissy shopping got a slow start this year but I love the hussle and bussle of Christmas I don,t even mind the cues I just stand in line and listen to the Christmas Carols I guess I,m a bit weird but I love Christmas your outfit sounds nice you,ll be a knockout

Marie I,m glad the co-leader pulled her weight and did the right thing, the tooth is a pain but it will be gone soon I just hope I can get in sometime next week I,m waiting for them to ring me back. I,m with you I love living in the country too the stars are soooo incredible.

Judy hope you get your DVD player sorted your food intake looks great and healthy good for you keep it up I,m sending you some good mojo Judy my DH is great fun in thunderstorms in heatwaves in any condition being Italian he is always frisky

Carol how are you, hope all is well with you and your family as usual I bet your busy, take care.

I,ve had a good start to the morning I had some scrambled eggs with mushrooms, coffee, Lunch I, going to have some caggage soup and a big icy glass of skim milk, Dinner, fish in parsley sauce with some mashed sweet potatoes and some yogurt for dessert.

Well everyone take care remember some you time, I,m off for a , .

JULS
Old 12-12-2007, 07:06 AM   #666  

Wow girls guess its been awhile so busy and need to get myself on here more often sorry. But I have been doing okay got to the gym yesterday morning before work and it felt great. I had a little flex time so I used some in the a.m. Last night I worked until 6:30 group home christmas parties and mingling with families etc... PR but it was nice. The hubby goes on thurs to see the surgoen and I am ready to ask some questions and hope to get answers but also no I might not. So we will see. He is starting to feel more like himself I think slowly. We got new baby pictures and oh I can't wait to get my hands on him. Sent out my HI christmas package yesterday with a gift card etc. still it cost me 29 bucks. Crazy huh. Oh well just think how far it goes and a little of home will be fun for all of them. Even sent some homemade grape jam packed it well hope it makes it.
Marie I made pierogies with my family sisters nieces mom and my one daughter this past saturday. Got to keep the traditions going its so important we lose so much over the years as we get our own and then get so busy no one keeps things up. So it was interesting and fun. I would love the Cez. bread recipe us polish back ground people gotta keep it up so if you get time send her on. I have most of my baking done still will attempt a few maybe and then make up some plates to give away to some folks.
Sounds like everyone is working on christmas fun and still exercising thats important. I did manage to dance a bit with the girls from work on friday wore off a few cals we took in. I have been taking my veggies and some wraps and creating my sandwich on the spot no time to prepare ahead of time. Oh Marie I am looking for a lap top any ideas as I know you work with computers etc.. I have no idea what I am looking for and want to stay under 800 or less would be super its a gift given to me for christmas all I have to do is figure out what one. So any input would be super. Juls I love your reading and look forward to chatting with you soon. Penny you too. Judy I feel renting is tough you owe nothing in the end. Seek it out and if it feels right put your foot in and buy something think of the fact that first time buyers get super deals and the write off will be super at tax time. Many houses out there right now don't buy too big think of the up keep. Well talk to you all soon and we will catch up. Have a super day keep moving and burn off what sweet treats your taking in with the little holiday parties and treats.
cckayac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #667  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Marie - I'm glad your almost DIL's birthday party was fun. Good thing you know how to make home made pasta - I bet it was delicious!

Judy - Ok, I think it's safe for me to root for the Browns too! Sounds like you are doing great food and exercise-wise. Wish I could say the same .

Juls - You reminded me of my Mum's cooking when you mentioned fish in parsley sauce. I haven't had it for years, but must give it a try. Do you just make a plain white sauce and add the fresh chopped parsley? We used to also sprinkle malt vinegar on it as well! I bet that wouldn't appeal to a lot of folks over here. I also remember Mum used to make baked soused herrings cooked in vinegar, bayleaf, cloves and pepper. It used to stink the house out!

Carol - I hope everything goes well for your DH's visit to the surgeon on Thursday. Yesterday I saw one of my girlfriends who had a triple-bypass exactly a year ago and she's looking great. I know she had a terrible time for months after the surgery but now she's looking and feeling so much better. It obviously takes quite a while to get over such a major surgery. I'm sure your family in HI will enjoy getting your home-made jam. There's nothing like home made items made with love.

I'm a bit sleepy today after getting home at 1:30am last night. We had our ladies' group's annual Christmas party at one of our member's homes. We had a buffet style meal with the whole works turkey, ham, stuffing, bread sauce, gravy, rutabaga (British tradition), roast potatoes, brussels sprouts with bacon and about six different desserts including a flaming Christmas pudding with hard sauce and brandy butter. We were served drinks by my friend's DH and his buddy who dressed up as waiters. We all got very jolly - there were 24 of us, so it got pretty rowdy at times. My DH was nice enough to drive me there and pick me up at 12:30pm. The wine must have been good as I didn't even have a hangover ! I cut back on cals quite a bit today so hopefully I didn't gain another 5 lbs. .

Last edited by penpal; 12-12-2007 at 08:40 PM.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:11 PM   #668  

A quick Hello to all you lovely ladies! We had our staff holiday luncheon today. I had a cup of pumpkin-ginger soup, and a wonderful grilled trout and artichoke dish. My dessert was hot buttered rum and worth every calorie. Overall I made good choices, and we all laughed a lot. Our soon-to-be-boss was there, and it was a nice way to break the ice.

I'm working on some deadlines and am at the office much later than I planned to be. This morning was laundry, so I must get home to work out. I ran the lens cleaner on my DVD player, let's hope that did the trick, otherwise, it's back to the ExBike.

Later--judy
Old 12-12-2007, 09:23 PM   #669  

Penny sounds like you had one heck of a good time out so late on a week night. Fun fun!!!
Marie your pasta story made me want some. I have never really made homemade pasta but just egg drop noodles for my soups. Sounds lovely and glad it all worked out.
Judi the soup sounds lovely I would be the only one here to eat that but it sounds good yum. We had a unhealthy quick dinner tonight not a great calorie night. The unthought out nights get like that eating healthy takes some thought. Not tonight. I got home late from christmas shopping and errands. I will attempt to be much better thurs. The hubby and I will most likely stop for lunch on our way home. The doctors office called today to remind us of the appt. and tell us to bring a list of the current drugs. Also had a call that another doctor was looking at the CT scan and would give a second opionion but I am not sure I am too pleased he is from the same hospital and doctors scratch each others backs if you know what I mean. I can always request another one if I am not satisfied and I told her we would. Gotta stand strong this is nothing to take a back seat on we need answers not courtships.... Well talk to you soon work is going well those ones who left are still causing issues with our company trying to take clients etc. crazy girls I say! Guess they just are trouble no matter where they are I like the new girl and our next one starts monday. Then we will have a full dept. again got notice today the company is paying for our lunch out for christmas thats nice first time ever for the dept. party the company one was last week.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:59 AM   #670  

I am off today the hubby has his appt then I am going to ck out a computer for myself as its a gift and I get to choose how cool huh? Well the one I am looking at has web cam which would be nice with my HI family so far away. I am trying to be on task with my intakes today. Starting off by ignoring the donuts in my kitchen the hubby purchased he needs the wt. not me. I would like to go to the gym today but will have to see what the weather has in store for us North eastern headed our way we hear. I got a coupon in the mail and my friend will get a month free at my gym. So having a buddy will be fun. I picked out some new work out clothes with funds from the hubby but he will wrap them and give them to me for christmas I will pretend I never saw them. Hah hah! It will be nice to have a new outfit to work out in looks comfy. Well talk to you all later keep your fingers crossed that we get some answers today they are a bit nervous with us coming in I think. The nurse called yesterday and wanted a list of current meds etc. and the blood test was sent to the surgoen this time. Oh how nice to get some attention do you think they might give us some answers. I sound a little bitter this morning but this hasn't been so nice for him or me or the family. Too much undo stress which shouldn't of ever been surgery itself was to be stressful enough. Talk to you all soon and have a super day. I hope to at least maintain but would love it if I lost a lb. during this season.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #671  
Lifelong Journey Member

Carol, you have a right to sound bitter. From what you've written, they screwed up and then have since given you the run-around about it. I'd definitely get a 3rd opinion if the 2nd says it's just fine because of the reasons you mentioned. Make sure that the 3rd is from a hospital unrelated to the one the surgery took place at.

Judy, I hope the DVD players is ok. They are cheap if nothing else. With retailers trying to lure people in, you should be able to replace it for not much this time of year.

Penny, you party animal. Who'd ever have guessed that our mild mannered Penny was wild. And don't ever describe those yucky foods again. My stomach is nauseated at the description.

Juls, an Italian, huh? I guess you have nothing to fear in the thunderstorms then. I'm pretty patient at Christmas time in the stores. I like the Carols. I just hate that they now start playing them in the beginning of October.

DH asked why we weren't going over the Mountain to shop before Christmas like usual. I said I amazoned.com with Free Shipping and I'm done. No traveling for shopping. Now, for skiing, you betcha. I'm hoping maybe this weekend but the weather needs to cooperate. I NEVER thought I'd complain that the sun keeps shining. But weather is supposed to move in Friday. I want to ski.

But then, I'm going back to the podiatrist today as there's a weird bump on my right toe. I'm hoping no more surgery today. Keep your fingers crossed that maybe he can just drain it or something simple.

Marie
Old 12-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #672  

Hi, all, I'm trying to distract myself, so help me out! My belly full from my big salad at lunch, and my snack of misc veggies and feta cheese, and I can tell that I'm only "hungry" from the neck up.. So I'll do my check-in, have some mint tea, and this urge will float away. If not, I'll just drink more tea!

The lens cleaner did the trick, and my DVD player is working fine. Apparently you're supposed to clean the lens of your DVD player every ten hours or so of use, who knew? Maybe I'll clean my CD player, too! So since my last post, I worked on the EXBike for 40 minutes, and did a strength training video. I'm very proud of myself: I took a cab home last night so that I would get home before 8:30, and I quickly changed and went downstairs to work out. Juls, thanks for the shot of mojo, I think that gave me the extra boost I needed.

People are saying that I'm losing weight, but my scale isn't budging! Maybe I'll get a new one for the new year. I bought a lovely little week-at-a-glance calendar that I'll use for a food log starting next week. The one I'm using is bulky and heavy, and since I don't track calories, etc., I never use all reference material. I just scrawl what I ate and when, how long I worked out, and notes to myself. I make hashmarks for water (when I remember). I'd love to start my new log back at the elusive 220 pounds--if only my scale would work with me here!

Carol, if you are dissatisfied with today's meeting, I hope that you contact the hospital's ombudsperson or complaint department right away to make your concerns official and for the record. Once you do that, the docs might have to follow certain protocols that make it harder to cover things up. It sounds like your hubby is in the Xmas spirit, despite his challenges.

Marie, I hope you get your snow this weekend. Maybe you can borrow some from Carol. I think I will mostly see rain and sleet (which as started already).

Penny, I don't know why people say such ugly thinks about British cuisine! Flaming Christmas pudding sounds like quite a spectacle.

bye for now--judy
Old 12-14-2007, 06:37 AM   #673  

Well girls the meeting with the doctor answered some of my questions and the hubby only has to be on blood thinners for another 7 weeks. He could have a beer last night and was pleased that it was a choice he could have. The doctor smoothed things over and offered me information but I still have this feeling inside of me that I need to follow up still. So today I will contact the lawyer which I spoke to before and ask for advise. The surgoen said the risk factor of trying to remove it wouldn't be worth it cause he feels its not going to cause any problems down the road. The night of the surgery they didn't do a CT scan as it would of put my hubby at a risk. I asked if it was a faulty device and I was told no it was someone not paying attention and the surgoen said he was at the top to my husband working on him when it happened. It was a mistake. One my husband could of paid for as within the first 24 hrs. he could of suffered a stroke not from the surgery but from the piece dropped in him. It is very small in size 1.5 cm by 3 cm. But still it shouldn't be there. Oh this isn't easy and the doc seems like such a nice person down to earth its hard to call hard ball on him. But in a way look at he stress its caused. I did mention to him that it put my family through a lot of extra stress worrying and wondering if things were going to be okay. He said well I told your husband and I said yah like he remembered NO! I had to wait till he was strong enough and tell him just about a week ago cause before hand it would of pushed him over the edge. He said well I am sorry that happened. Yah me too! So what does one do? I was a bit relieved yesterday but also wonder did they just tell me what they wanted to so it would just smooth things over? Are we truly out of the woods and should do nothing? Any thoughts I would appreciate them. At least he won't have to remain on these meds. Only the blood pressure one. His valve sounded normal and is working great now thats what we went for! I made some 7 layer cookie bars last night now I have to say I will blame stress for having those. Marie I did go to ck out a lap top and of course the HP one which was the best with web cam etc. was sold out. They put those great deals in just to lure us in huh? So I am still without a laptop. But after christmas maybe they will have deals. jUgetting on here instead of the snacking. I do that as well not a bad thing. Your doing great. I am off to the gym this afternoon yesterday we had a big storm its over another to arrive on saturday night through sunday. My daughter and her family are going off to a family gathering in Long Island I pray they have a safe trip. It will be nice for them to get together but this time of year the roads can be nasty. Penny my soaps are off to people for gift giving a friend stopped in last night to get a couple more. I am adding them to a few presents. Sometimes people say their to pretty to use. I wish they would use them thats what their for. jULS HOPE YOUR DOING GOOD! girls sorry this is so long I needed to vent I am going to have a piece of toast and a grapefruit for breakfast. Have a super day and lets keep moving I am off to the gym this afternoon.

Last edited by cckayac; 12-14-2007 at 06:42 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:02 AM   #674  

G,day ladies from what I,ve read you all sound in fairly good spirits.

Carol you have every right to be a bit p***ed off for the slip up at the hospital it is great that they think it isn,t going to cause any problems but I would ask the lawyer what he thinks you should do at this stage. Please don,t look at venting as something you need to apologise for rather look at it as getting stuff off your chest with a bunch of old friends, hope you find the laptop your looking for and best wishes for your DD and her family,s safe arrival at thier destination. Do try to act like you never saw your new work out gear before I do that with some of my gifts from my DH I get them he wraps them, even though I know what they are already the look of excitement he has on his face when I open them is soooo special and to me that is worth more than the most expensive gift he could ever give me .

Judy your welcome I,m glad the mojo wishes are working sounds like your really out to keep it up , don,t worry about the scales take notice of what people are saying if they are noticing then you must be doing something right and remember mussle weighs more that fat ask yourself how do you feel are clothes fitting looser do you feel lighter. I think the scales can be our worst enemy at times I still weigh in every Wednesday but if I,m up a bit I remember there are all sorts of reasons for it and I just let it slide if my clothes don,t feel as tight or my tape measure tells me I,ve lost another inch then that is what I take on board.

Penny yes I just make a simple white sauce and add parsley sometimes I put in a little grated cheese to low fat of cause. I,ve never tried herrings but I love sardines. I,m shocked here I thought you were a quiet one and your out rageing to all hours hope you had a bonzer night and all that yummy food if I was there to eat it I wouldn,t of needed a lift home I would of rolled

Marie, yeah an Italian but when I say that to him he say,s no I,m stralia mate he was born here but his mum and dad are both Italians. I guess the Carols in October would be a bit much they don,t start them here until the end of November.

Everyone take care stay well don,t sweat the small stuff, lifes to short and besides if God wanted us to be skinny all the time he wouldn,t of invented chocolate cake

JULS
Old 12-14-2007, 02:37 PM   #675  
Lifelong Journey Member

Juls, I like that idea of God and Chocolate Cake, but I might take it too far. I'll go for trying to be skinny and pray I don't end up fat. Skinny would be a big stretch from me.

Carol, I agree with Juls, hear the lawyer out and make an informed decision. Don't be swayed by not wanting to hurt the dr.'s feelings. They goofed up and it seems that he admits it. Do what's best for you family.

Judy, sleet and rain sound icky. Snow - I want snow and the weather forecast looks like it may start cooperating. But in a week if it goes as long as the 10 day forecast says, kick my but if I start to complain.

DH, DS2 and I are going skiing on Sunday. I learned my lesson last week. Don't ask, just tell. I told them we were going and that was it. Then I said, now that we have that settled and moved on to another subject. DS2 was thrilled and I think DH felt railroaded but he's on board. I'm EXCITED. I so much can't wait to go down the mountain. And maybe the summit lift will be open and I can go from the top. Oo-la-la. The summit lift is only open in safe weather (winds below 30 mph or so). It's above the tree line and very awesome.

Well, I should work but don't want to. Imagine that?
Marie

PS It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!