Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 03:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Default thanks girls

Marti - I'm kinda slow. Wasn't sure what a NSV was but I figured it out..yeah me! (NON SCALE VICTORY). I like that! It's been such a HUGE motivator for me. Don't be jealous...be encouraged. It happens when you least expect it. I had been bummed that my scale hadn't moved more than 1 pound in the week prior. So it was the incentive I needed to get on the treadmill last night. I even ran listening to "bring sexy back ~ justin timberlake'...I'm like oh yeah ~ i'm bringing my sexy back...hahahaha

Jules~ THANKS for that! I know....I think my inches are smaller than the last time I was at this weight....or maybe it's just the new vanity sizes....I don't care... I'll take it!!!

Jane~ whoo hoo! THANKS! I will feel great and not have to hide in all of the grad pics!....like I used to. And I will probably CRY too....such an accomplishment for my crew! School doesn't come easily for them....nor did it for me! We are too social!!!!

Sassy ~ THANKS for the WTG too! How are you doing? Are you now staying motivated? Is it working?

Well, EVERYONE~ I went 2 miles on my treadmill last night. Working off some anxiety! But my foot starting aching on the 8th lap. So I had to get off. And then this morning it was beautiful and I thought I should go for a walk outside. But the problem with that is you get so far and my leg (the one with the limphnodemia in it) started hurting but I HAD to come back...haha but I got to my moms and she drove me home! haha! DARN! I'm eager to get into the 160's~ only 1 more pound and i'm in there. OK...wish me luck! Wow...from the 200's to the 160's ~ I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
Old 05-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Hi to everyone- sorry I have been MIA... stress level ya know!

Anyhow MindeeI got your card. That was so nice of you to send. You are VERY welcome. Hope Marissa and boys are doing fine.

As for me...
My daughter is turning 14 next week. We are having a bowling party tonight for her. We went to DQ and got a small ice cream cake. She has been overweight most of her life and I mentioned to her yesterday that we were going to start walking cause we needed to lose weight and exercise. I have allowed this to go on way too long. I tend to stick my head in the sand and not do anything. So she was actually receptive, which is unusual- lol. So today I told her that we needed to get on the scales, and we were both scared of how bad it would be. I thought she prob weighed 260, but thankfully it was 240. She has gained about 20 lbs since last summer :-(
She actually said that she needed to know the number so we could set some goals. I think maybe she is finally tired of not being able to buy cool clothes. I bought her a pair of shorts today. I tried some on for myself and then chose her size according to how mine fit me. She wasn't with me at the time and I was saddened to see that much more and she wouldn't be able to wear even that size.
Anyhow we talked about doing something about this for health reasons, not so she can be "skinny" and of course I still need to lose about 25 lbs. I think that if we just consentrate on doing some exercise and not eating junk, we will be ok.

My son got his Wii finally so I have been playing that ALOT. It is soo much fun. My husband and I have been playing tennis on it. It's fun cause you don't have to chase the ball when you miss- lol I found myself jumping up to get the ball, it was so funny, but a good workout, I was sweating!!!!

As far as work goes, I was alone all last week. The boss had told me early in the week he was going to see if that lady could come next week. I wanted to ask him why??? I don't need her. On Friday he asked me if I loved the job, hated it, or what. I told him I had a good week and that I had proved to myself I really could do it and was proud of myself. I was hoping he was reading between the lines that I was saying I was fine ALONE!!! The stress level has dropped considerably. I think just not having her waiting to jump on my every mistake helps. I mean mistakes are meant to happen so we can LEARN!!!

Anyhow, I am hoping to be on here more. I told my daughter that we could set up our little trackers here, was going to on my myspace page, but we thought maybe this would be better.

That's it for me now. Take care everyone!
Old 05-19-2007, 04:36 PM   #18  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hello Everybody!

Hey Everybody.

Extra Jules......and your right you just got to let it all go.......

Hi Jane!

Tina -- Yeah I'm staying motivated, listening to my body and pushing food away when I'm full and I'm doing pretty well. I am not "perfect" but then again, who is? Now I just need to begin exercising. My mom is coming up to visit this coming week (we're going to get her on Tuesday 22nd) and I'm thinking that she can "motivate" me to get to walking!

Hey Jodi and I agree with you, helping your daughter is a wonderful idea. I've been overweight most of my life too and my mom always helped me too. She never "nagged" me or anything (not saying you were) and that also was a big help. She helped me read labels and choose healthier foods and kept me motivated with exercise. I ended up losing 50 lbs too back then. Awwww I wish she lived closer to me now.......... Anywho, I wish you both the best of luck as I know its not easy, no matter how much weight you have to lose.

to everybody else out there, Marti, Pink Jane, Cristina, and anybody else I forgot to mention...........

Old 05-19-2007, 11:31 PM   #19  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Evening ladies....Glad to see so many of you checking back in. You were missed.
Busy week-end here, or maybe I am just lazy. DGD's choir program last night, which was cool. Yardwork and housework today. Nothing earth shattering.

I didn't get the new bicycle chain yet, but hope to tomorrow or Mon. Seems with the gas prices so high we have curtailed our trips to the stores. I will make a list and do one trip to all the places we need to get to. Did that last week and it worked out well. I have been used to just jumping in the car and going here or there whenever. I have my doubts if gasoline will ever be below $3.00 again...how about you?

Yes, inches are good...to lose that is!! I am having my struggle with the scales, but one day I will win!

Sassy- Sounds like you are going to have a good time with your Mom. Way to go on being motivated. Hope you learn to LOVE to walk.

Jodi- Awesome that you and your DD can do this together. More awesome that she is receptive and ready to give it a go. That is the hardest step I think. Glad the job is becoming less stressful!

Tina- WOW! that is all I can say about those jeans! You have done so well...your goal is in sight. Yay!!

Marti- So glad to hear that you are loving your yard. I know I am doing the same. It is so nice to sit out in the front or back and have shade and a cool breeze. And it is so quiet. Would love to see more pictures. I plan to post some once our grass is in good. I hear you about the scrapbooking, I keep saying I need to do that, then I don't. Can't figure out why I don't...except for the huge box of photos I have to go through. Yikes!

Jules- Missed you...Sorry to hear you are going through some rough spots right now. I know that makes it hard to come here sometimes, but hope you won't stay away again. We don't judge and often times can help. (and probably some or most have gone through much the same as you)

Jane- How was your day with Jackson? I haven't held a new baby for awhile...even though there is a newbie in the neighborhood. The day of his shower I had the sniffles so kept away from him. Cute idea for the scrapbook page. I might steal that idea as I do DS's pages. He helped DH garden more than once as did DGS..when they were tiny, of course. As I said to Marti...if I can ever get through this box of photos.

Pink Jane- Every time I read what you are having for dinner it sounds so good and healthy...than I go eat something that is not good for me. GRRR. I am so looking forward to garden produce and lots of fresh salads. Keep up the good work.

Cristina- Hope you are having a nice week-end. Did you go ahead with the garage sale? If so I imagine you are worn out. Have a relaxing Sunday.

to all I might have missed...Vann, Mindee, MaryKate, Tammy....and everyone. Thinking of you all. How large our family has become!

Lazier day tomorrow... yippee...

Last edited by suetalks; 05-19-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:14 AM   #20  
~Believe~

Thanks Sue. I used to love walking and honestly I still do, its just because of my back injury it causes a lot of pain if I walk a lot. Guess I'm going to have to walk through the pain.

Yes the gas prices are outrageous and ridculous. I don't see how people on fixed incomes do it or the people who have those huge SUV's! I'm very happy with our new car and it still takes about $50 to fill it! DH & I were talking if we still had our old truck it would have probably taken about $150 to fill! So I don't see how some people afford it! I'm not sure that its going to go down anytime soon though. We can hope and pray for it, but not sure its going to go down anytime soon!

Have a Great Sunday Everybody!

Old 05-20-2007, 01:30 PM   #21  
ugggg.....

Just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words. I tend to withdraw when the problems get overwhelming. I know I will have support here so I just need to post. Sometimes I do start but then delete it.

Hubby and I went for a bike ride yesterday and had a good day. He's been better cause he knows that I am totally upset and depressed with some of the decisions my kids have been making lately. I really thought that we had taught them better than some of the things they are doing.

Well back to the laundry and I have to get mowing too.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #22  
~Believe~

Hey Jules,

I am the same exact way, so I do understand. Here lately I am trying not to withdraw, but I know its hard when you feel blue........

We are all here when and if you need us.

Glad you and DH had a great day!

Old 05-20-2007, 05:54 PM   #23  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

JULES...lots of hugs to you. Glad to hear that you and DH had a nice day together. And CONGRAT'S on becoming a grandmama!

SASSY...I finally went and made a new signature, copied you, lol. Hope you have a nice visit with your mom.

Jules and Sassy...I do the same thing as well. Don't really want to talk when I am down or things are stressing me out. funny, though because when I do come here and talk about I do feel better.

SUE...nope, didn't have the yard sale after all. V didn't really want to mess with getting stuff out of storage and he only had to say that once, lol. So, we'll end up having it at a later date. And I am with you on the gas prices, geez! We're at $3.29 here, ugh. Glad DH works 5 minutes from where we live and I drive a small vehicle.

JANE...I changed my username but didn't really want to be called by that, lol. I had some of the carefree roses at the other house and liked those as well. And yes, they are 'carefree'! I can't believe the different varities of roses out there. Would love to see the picture of yours/bouquet...bet they are pretty.

HI to everyone else

Busy outdoors today. Supposed to start raining tomorrow evening so thought I would enjoy the weather while I can. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend as well!
Old 05-20-2007, 06:39 PM   #24  
~Believe~

Cristina: COPYCAT! Just teasing! Looks good! Yeah I am the same too, funny how that is, huh? That you feel better after talking about it? You think we would have learned by now. lol.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:04 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

I told my daughter that after supper we would take our walk and my 15 yr old son asked if he could go. Now THAT was a shocker. So I said sure and we will take the dog. We walked for 45 min. We live in the country on a road that is usually busy, but today it wasn't too bad. We walked down in one direction, dropped the dog back home on our way back in the other direction. She was about ready to die- lol We are ALL overweight- even the dog.
Our goal is 45-60 min- so day one is down and done!

Have a good week everyone!
Old 05-20-2007, 09:54 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Just a QUICK note for Sassy. I JUST started to walk again. The last time I was 'into walking' was in 1999. So, it's amazing that i'm excited again. But this is my trick. I want to share. I use my sons ipod. I downloaded some really great 80's and current FAST music. I enjoy listening to the music so much that I want to walk further! I also have been spliting it up. I go on the treadmill at night. (about 2 miles) and I walk around the neighborhood in the morning. So I get a lot of mileage in. Couldn't do it without the ipod....seriously.

Tina's Music ~ Burning down the house (talking heads)
Alanis Morresette (anything)
Sexy Back (justin Timberlake)
Yeah yeah
Gone (kelly clarkson)
Anything FAST
Old 05-20-2007, 10:05 PM   #27  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Happy Sunday evening ladies... We had a relatively lazy day. Or at least I did. DH can't ever be lazy. I watered plants and picked at a few weeds. Sat on the porch most of the day......read the papers.
I didn't even cook today, we had leftovers and for dinner...Wendy's value menu sandwich and fries. (ugh)
DH and I walked half the usual amount. Even lazy there! I didn't get the bike fixed yet, but sure will as I miss riding.

Brother's and Sister's is on...gotta scoot.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #28  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies!!

Jane--How was your day with little Jackson? How are you enjoying your ellipitical? I've had one for about 2 years and my entire family loves it. You're motivating me to get back on mine. I thought I would die the first time I tried it but you will amaze yourself in how quickly you will built up your endurance.

Jules--I hope things work out for you and dh. I may know what you are going through. I was married for 20 yrs and tried everything to hold it together. I didn't want my kids to go through a breakup. But things didn't work out regardless of the counseling etc. (ex was cheating) The good thing is that I met a wonderful honest and trusting guy and we will celebrate 9 yrs of marriage this August. I never thought I would be happy again but I guess I was wrong. I've been very blessed. Hang in there, I wishing the best for you.

Jodi--Congrats on the walking. My stepdaughter has always been overweight and would you believe that her mother is a WW leader who has climbed the ladder in management with WW but never once addressed her daughter's weight. At 22, she still struggles with her weight. Sad

Cristina--How's the painting, planting, decorating etc going?

Tina--Congratulations on the smaller jeans. About 15 lbs ago, I squeezed into my daughter's size 4's. Was I breathing....no! Was there a muffin top showing....yes!! But I did get into them! Now, I just settle to have things fit again.

Marti--can't wait to see pic of your yard and the rest of your house!

Hugs to PinkJane, Sue, Mindee (Where are you??) Sassy and anyone else I missed. Hope your weekend was great. Mine was fabulous....

I had my first weigh-in today with WW after only 5 days and lost 3 lbs.!!!! Even though I joined last Mon, I started on Tues but decided to have my reg weigh-in class on Sunday. The class was huge for a Sunday morning class. I talked my sis into joining thus the reason for a Sunday class because it works out better for her. I'm finally so motivated!! Now, if I can only get myself into more exercise.

Oh...Brothers & Sisters is on and it's the season finale. Gotta go. Sleep well tonight ladies!!
Old 05-20-2007, 10:44 PM   #29  
~Believe~

TY Tina, I did have an MP3 player (but I gave it to FIL when he was ill and wanted something he could listen too music on, but I can use DH's.) I agree music is a wonderful motivator, I used to walk with music A LOT. I will certainly try my best.

Hi Everybody

I hope you had a Great Sunday and will have Sweet Dreams.......

Thanks again,

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 05-20-2007 at 10:56 PM. Reason: ummmmmm forgot some stuff. lol
Old 05-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #30  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Jules - OIC about your son. My oldest sister used to say "small kids, small problems, big kids, big problems" and she was oh so right! And no matter how well we raise them, they will do things we just can't believe they did! From what I know about her, your DD is a smart girl, so I know she'll do what's right about the bf in the end. So glad you had a good day with DH on Sat.

Marti - yep, those tomatoes sound great - just right for salads and munching. I'd never heard of them til now. Speaking of little veggies, the guy we rent our ground to is growing some the the tiny individual watermelons again, and I just love those! As for the scrapbooking, I'm in it so deep, lol. I have a doc's appt. to check my blood pressure in E'ville again tomorrow and I can see another trip to Hobby Lobby coming, lol.

Tina - I had to giggle about your "social" comment, lol. Just about every one of my teachers told my mom that I "like to visit with my neighbors too much", lol. I'm the sort who strikes up a conversation anywhere with anyone. Nothing wrong with being friendly, right? Btw, you're doing great, and I am so proud of your weight loss success, Tina!

Jodi - good to see you! Wow, sounds like you, DD, DS and the dog are all going to get healthy this summer. Way to go! Glad things are going better at work.

Sassy - glad you're staying motivated and as you say, none of us are perfect. We just do the best we can as often as we can.

Cristina - I thought I read that you don't like to use your real name online, but will call you whatever you want rather it's Cristina, Cristi, FrouFrou, Witchy Woman or something else. My carefree roses that I left at Mary's are doing wonderfully, and I have a clear shot of them from my front porch, so I still get to enjoy them. I think my favorite are the daisies, though. The more I pick them, the more they flourish! Gotta love flowers like that, right?

Sue - yes, the gas prices are awful, and with me living way out where I do, it's a real crunch on the old pocketbook! I just loved Brothers and Sisters last night, didn't you? Garry Marshall was a hoot as Uncle Weiner, lol.

Tammy - see above what I told Sue about Brothers and Sisters. What a good show! I'll be glad to see Rebecca tell Sarah that she wasn't so innocent regarding the kiss with Joe. Not that that excuses him, though! Sally Field is so good in this show, and I really like Patricia Wettig, too. I liked Patricia (and her real-life hubby who produces this show) in 30 Something, too. About the elliptical, I've begun to get a good cadence on it, and keep going until my thighs are burning, which doesn't take much, lol. I'm not feeling much pull on my upper arms, though, and I thought I would. Lord knows I need to do something drastic about my "flaps"!

Mary Kate - well, I'm waiting for info of your WDW trip. Do tell! What were the 3 funnest (is that a word) things you did?

Well, ladies, I was up early and even gave myself a pedicure before 7 this morning. Of course this means I'll need a nap later, lol.

I had a great, relaxing weekend, and hope you did, too. Lots to do this week, though. One fun thing I have planned is going with Mary and her 3 girls to see Shrek 3 on Wednesday. How fun! Ya just gotta love Shrek and the whole gang, right?

Later,
Closed Thread