Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 11:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

JasonsLea, I am so glad your mom is supplying the dog food, I was so worried about you and how you would manage it all. Great news and yes all kinds of animals are great company. Glad you will have that.

VeggieGirl, yes it has been quite the journey, as it is I did not get to call the doctor, was not using it much, so it did not bother me as much. You are doing great with your food and exercise. Yes I get that feeling of being hungry sometimes, depending on what I have eaten, sometimes I just don't feel full.

Jasmine nice to hear from you, yes I got my 300 minutes in last week, and am getting there this week as well, not sure of my totals, but know I have been walking. You sound like you have a plan about your weight loss and your past, which is great. You go for it, I am sure you will do it as you have in the past. Congrats on the weight loss so far!

Well I have not done well today eating & water wise, but have got the walking in. We are going out for dinner tomorrow night to a resteraunt that is very posh, we have a gift certificate from our 25th wedding anniversary, it is very small and hard to get a reservation at. So I am looking forward to it, but concerned about the calories. On top of that we are going out for brunch Sunday with my son (and maybe his girlfriend, that remains to be seen) so more calories. I will really have to walk to get it all off, before and after these meals and try and be smart with what I have. That is hard for me, as it really is rare we go out to eat and I mean rare! My daughter leaves for Cuba tomorrow around noon, so she won't be there or her fiance'. Which is fine as her job as a child and youth worker is very strenous and mentally fatiguing (sp), she has been putting in tons of overtime, so I am thrilled they are getting away.

I did enjoy my lunch with my brother dh came as well, then we went and saw my Dad which was great, he was thrilled to have us and my brother got his card and gift.

Well that is it for me, enjoy your day tomorrow and don't forget to post girls!
Sharon S.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #17  

Good morning all

Nice to have you back Jasmine!

Well, I did it - I bought the bike this morning...now if I just don't fall off and break something when I get on it. They say you never forget how to ride, but I hope "they" are correct since I haven't been on a bike in more than 30 years. The guy at the bike shop was really nice, and didn't even snicker when I said something about 3 speeds -- apparently even the most basic bikes these days, which I wanted, have way more than that!

If you don't hear from me for a few days it either means I'm having a great time biking to nowhere, or I'm in the hospital with a broken something or other Keep up the exercise all, and see ya soon,
Old 05-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #18  

Good for you VeggieGirl, I am sure you might be a little wobbly in the beginning, but it is true, you never forget how to ride. Good luck and many happy biking miles. Yes I know what you mean about the speeds, I don't really get them, but they are on all the bikes, even one's I bought for dh and myself more than 25 yrs. ago, I like you would like the plain old bike with No speeds (which they have just brought out again, around here), but can't afford to go out and buy it. I have a left over from my daughter's days in her apartment, her roommate left her bike on the balcony and never came back for it, along with quite a few items, my daughter was last to move out, so I told her to bring the bike, turns out it is a Raleigh 12 speed or 18 speed, had the changers on the handle bars, which could be good or bad depending. So I lucked out. She said she didn't want it, so my daughter didn't want it either, so Mom got it.

Anyhow, just wanted to say I did my 45 mins. walking last night, after posting, along with my walking after lunch, so I did great. Had tight calf muscles though, even this morning. I weighed myself and am still 220.5 thank goodness I have not gained. I also cancelled tonight, I told my husband it was too much, out for lunch yesterday, dinner tonight (which as it was 7:30pm we probably would not even be hungry for brunch on Sunday, which now I am thinking, may not of been a bad thing) but food wise, thought it was better. He was disappointed, but understands and agree's with me. So a few less calories to worry about.

Must run talk at you later tonight or tomorrow.
Sharon S.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #19  

Hey Sharon, kudos to you for both the walking and the restraint re the eating out! I am really impressed with your giving up on the eating out for tonight; given the schedules around here, I feel like I'm always making some meal for some one at some time, so I don't think I would have had the willpower to turn down a prepared meal! lol

Well, I did ride the bike, and as you predicted, I was a little wobbly at first, but it did come back to me. I did take a slight fall as I am not used to the braking system (no rear brakes like in the stone age) and the fact that these bikes go so much faster. The guy at the store showed me how to adjust the gears so that I would have to pedal harder and go slower, and that 's what I'll do next time I go out. I am anxious to get on it again, so I guess that's a good sign. Did a 45 min. walk today, so exercise is good as is the water; I have to decide what to make for dinner now (mother's day doesn't start till tomorrow, so I can't beg off for that reason). Enjoy your day,
Old 05-12-2007, 11:54 PM   #20  

Wow, you are rocking, you not only went biking, but did a 45 min. walk, I am really impressed. So glad you got the bike, I am sure you will enjoy it. I am sorry you had a fall, hope you didn't get hurt! Doesn't sound like it since you were going to make supper. But you could still feel sore. Yes those breaks are something else, the brakes on the one I inheirited are the same, I swear you could stand straight up with the back wheel off the ground, just using the front breaks. I am really pleased it came back to you so fast. It will take time to get used to the gears and brakes though, just take it easy for the first while, its great you can't wait to get back on too. I hope you are wearing a helmet, you may feel foolish, but they really can save you if you take a bad fall on the road, or a hard surface. Take it from me, after seeing what happened to my Dad's face and friends, I always wear one.

Also you are doing great on your cardio, just noticed your ticker and your mins. in already. Keep it up, you must be dropping weight as well, you are being so good and focused.

I am waiting patiently (not really), to be able to ride again, dh took mine out and oiled it and checked the brakes etc. today, so I am a go when the arm is up to it. Whenever that may be. I am getting a little fed up with saying, " I can't do this or that, because of my arm" I can only ask God to help heal it. I really enjoy riding, you see so much, we have quite a few riding paths around here, do you have any close to you?

You will love this one, we cancelled tonight, due to brunch tomorrow (actually I also was not feeling great), anyhow my son calls and tell's me he is having trouble getting a reservation, so good old Mom say's "It's okay, we can go to dinner, or go out when your sister gets back" love the planning, this happens every year. My daughter did mention last night she felt bad she was not going to be here and I could get my gift on Sunday, when I go to feed the cats and water the new sod! My son and daughter did not even speak about Mother's day, they just spoke on the phone here last night when he called us and she was here and told him she was leaving today. My husband said he mentioned to my son last weekend and just asked me if I wanted bacon and eggs for breakfast, I said maybe we should wait to here from the son, who also invited my Dad to come and of course Dad is asking me what time and where are we going, what a hoot!

Well food wise I did not too bad, water is still too low, but I got 50 mins. of walking in. Determined to get my 300 mins. a week in.

Talk to you tomorrow. Happy Mother's Day to One and All!
Sharon S.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:20 PM   #21  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone! Happy Mother's Day!

Had to work this morning and now I have a headache. I really want to go home and sleep but I have to watch my clothes for the week. School starts tomorrow. Ugh.
Closed Thread