3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   21 Days to Beat a Rut ... Day 19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/111481-21-days-beat-rut-day-19-a.html)

srmb60 05-02-2007 07:57 AM

21 Days to Beat a Rut ... Day 19

Since I've found daily and/or meal planning threads and so on very encouraging let's try this. 21 days. Set you own parameters. I'm not even setting a goal. I just need to kick things up a bit. Stir up some enthusiasm.

There's no good reason for me to have an off plan day in 3 measly weeks. Is there?
Here's my general plan ...1400 cals of superfoods with 150 gms of protein (on average), some jogging in each daily walk and a four day weight lifting split with heavier weights.

Anybody in? It's only three weeks. Who knows what kind of new habits we can form!

And it doesn't matter if you're a day or 2 or 7 behind just find the thread for day 21
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111258
and begin. Tomorrow, come here and keep you're eyes open for the next days thread. I'll post a link.

srmb60 05-02-2007 08:10 AM

For day 19 ... it's back and biceps, walk/jog and ...

Some combination of good foods built around whey protein, tuna, roast beef and a can of sardines.

I'm a bit hesitant to post exercise goals for today. I have a desk to paint and if my computer equipment comes we'll be emptying out the office and putting it all together properly. I guess we'll see.

abbyin 05-02-2007 09:26 AM

Well, I'm having a good start to the day. I woke up early this morning so I thought I could get in a little exercise and I did 20 minutes on my exercise bike already. My plan is to eat well today and maybe do some weights later this evening.

Everyone have a great day!

HeatherAngel 05-02-2007 09:32 AM

Well, mine seems awfully silly... but I still haven't snacked in front of the TV, so that's something right? RIGHT?! hahahaha :D

srmb60 05-02-2007 10:02 AM

Never, never, never call one of your goals silly!
Look around you at society today. We have to have a Random Acts of Kindness Day ... for Heavens sake. People need to be reminded to smile?!? There needs to be TV ads to remind parents to talk to their children?!?
Heather honey ... if you set your mind to do something healthy and did it for a few days in a row ... you are a cut above!

stephyk 05-02-2007 11:52 AM

I had a rough go yesterday, had a few chocolate cookies after dinner...but today I woke up, did 25 minutes on my stepper and did a little bit of weights. I have to work this evening so I am going to have to plan out my dinner in a little bit. So far so good:)

ennay 05-02-2007 05:19 PM

well heck, yesterday sucked big time. Great day, ended with a kick butt hilly trail run, came home ate dinner, right on plan, then sucked down another 700 calories in binge mode.

NOT binging was my ONLY requirement for the 21 days.

Ah well 1/2 so far.

So far so good today, cardio rest day, but I did yoga and weights. Good breakfast, good lunch.

abbyin 05-02-2007 08:02 PM

I did pretty good today :D . Exercised this morning and kept my calories at 1424 and fat at 43. A little higher than I would like but I was really low yesterday.

Didn't take my lunch to work today, but I it's all packed for tomorrow. Ham sandwich and Carrot/celery sticks, brocolli, and green peppers. That's two days this week - SHOCKING :yikes:

I know why I've been in a rut. This is hard work :faint: Oh well, it's only 3 weeks and I think if I keep it up, I might see some results.

Hope everyone else is doing well :goodluck:

srmb60 05-02-2007 08:53 PM

I got called to work to cover a shortage for 5 hours and my cals and percents are messed up. I think I'll put a shake in fitday and see how it looks. Do any of you do that? Enter food to see what it'd be like and then change your menu ... maybe?

Clydegirl 05-02-2007 11:46 PM

I maybe should start doing fitday. It looks awful complicated. Does it take you long to do, anyone?

srmb60 05-03-2007 05:31 AM

Fitday takes some getting used to and has some vagarities ;) but I love it!
As long as you track somehow.

The shake and some allbran helped my percentages a bit. All in all day 19 was pretty good.

srmb60 05-03-2007 05:38 AM

Here's the link for day 18

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...68#post1679368

BlueToBlue 05-03-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanB (Post 1679047)
Do any of you do that? Enter food to see what it'd be like and then change your menu ... maybe?

All the time! Sometimes I change my lunch or dinner around a couple of times before I decide on something. It's a lot easier than trying to do the math in my head. ;)

Managed to stick to the rules for Day 20. I went to a meeting with all sorts of yummy looking breakfast pastries and I didn't eat a single one. I had some fruit and a lot of decaf coffee. Then I went out to lunch with a friend (to a fantastic Cuban restaurant), which doesn't break my rules so long as I don't eat the bread, don't order pasta, and do order the healthiest sounding entre that is appealing to me. I had some sort of spicy stewed pork over black beans and rice. yummy! The rest of the day was right on track, so I'm not sure lunch even put me off plan by that much.

ShyCammie 05-04-2007 05:20 PM

Bringing up the rear...

Day 19
-Did my 15 mins cross trainer in the AM
-Missed the 30 min water jog – but planning to walk this evening as a replacement cardio activity
-Good food journaling (down to the single bit of chocolate cake that I took-marked it down for 100 calories, though)
-Behind on water for the second day. I still have a quart to go and it’s after 5pm! I’m going to be up a lot tonight.

I hope everyone is feeling as good about this challenge as I am. I like being “accountable” to y’all. It keeps me on track knowing that I’m going to have to tell you that I didn’t exercise or if I blew my nutrition plan.
Cammie