Old 05-14-2007, 01:59 PM   #61  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies

MICHELLE...you are welcome sweetie. I honestly don't know why some people are the way they are and that person, ugh! I think she was just down right rude and mean to you and it was totally uncalled for.

SUSAN...glad you had a nice weekend at the beach. on the 3 pounds!

SASSY...thank you! Wish I could say I had a nice one. WEll, actually, it was, just down in the back and that wasn't any fun at all. Couldn't do much at all, still can't. Glad I have DH and the kids to help me out. All those tests you had made me think of DD when they were trying to find out what was wrong with her. She had to drink that nasty stuff too and they didn't see anything. They just didn't want to believe that a 15-year-old had gallstones and they kept treating her like she was crazy and just making this up, ugh.

Hi to everyone else

Today is WI and I am happy to say I am down 1.8 pounds. Considering last week was a terrible for eating. I started off good but knew there was going to be two days of bad eating. Still didn't do so bad, not as bad as I thought. Hoping for a bigger loss next WI. We'll see...

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #62  
kitty Momo

I meant to say Happy Birthday earlier Cristina!! Sorry - hope you had a nice day Congrats on the 1.8 pounds!!! - that is great.

I think I will go get my salad for lunch. Ify with M at the moment. Trying to merge our 2 lives might be too difficult. He wants peace and quite .......lol - and I don't think my life is that. Not until these kids grow up at least. anyway - kind of makes me ill but I need to let it go.

k- chat later....
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:41 PM   #63  
One day at a time

Thank you Susan!

Sorry to hear about you and M. I do hope everything works out. Did he think kids were quiet? Lol Hang in there missy, and don't give up. Merging two lives/families is and never will be easy but it is well worth the work and effort if the person(s) are worth it. And it seems to me from all you've said, M is worth it and you sure as **** are! So just hang in there.

Was getting ready to log off and get up off my butt and get something done. Thought I would check the thread again. So...ta ta again ladies.

Have a good Monday!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:12 PM   #64  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Cristina,

Sorry to hear about your back, I sure know how that feels! Yeah its like the medical field refuses to beleive that we actually know what we're talking about our own bodies! Crazy. Well at least they found something, Cysts, but don't know how they would cause all of this, but possibly, will have to see next week!

We went and looked at a couple condos today, we really like the 2nd one, going out tomorrow to look at apts. We just want out of this apt and to be closer to work and the in-laws.

Take Care,

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:32 PM   #65  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Sassy- Good luck on finding a new place. Change is good. Hope you find out what they can do for the cysts. Something to make you feel better, I hope.

Cristina- Congrats on the loss. Keep up the good work.

Susan- Sorry also to hear about M....hope things work out the way you wish them too. Man, you are not taking baby steps...you are sprinting! Good job!

Michelle- How is your sis doing now? I sure hope she is okay. ALSO...I am like you as far as being a slow loser. Seems like I work and work at it and the scales won't budge. This time I have noticed that my legs are thinner, even tho the scales aren't moving much. SO you might be losing some inches. Keep up your good eating and WATP.

Nice to see all you gals.... I am trying to be good this week after eating CAKE over the week-end. (twice) I rode 3 miles on the bike tonight and it was great...the wind in my hair, all that jazz. LOL Hope to go 4 miles by Sat. *fingers crossed*

Hi to everyone!
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:56 AM   #66  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,
I had a slimfast and picked up an 8 grain roll at Starbucks to eat instead of a banana. I left my water bottle at home. I think I will go to Trader Joes and get another bottle, apples and salad.

Sue - The bike riding sounds nice, must be fun.Gaby had a cupcake last night in the car.She eats the frosting and gives me the cake. I told her no, throw it out the window - I don't even want to smell it!!! lol

Michelle - Where ARE you????

Sassy - Best on your search!! I looked at an apt last night. I think I will take it - just 5 blocks from my mothers.

Katy - Where ARE you???

Cristina - Hope you are having a good day! I put M's ring back on. I had taken it off last Thursday. He is suppose to be up tomorrow and he said we can get together and talk. I know he loves me a lot - he just has his life in order and I don't know how much he is willing to change it. I don't know how much I am willing to change mine....he is worth it though! Sweetest man -

Jules..............yes, where ARE you???? and SusanNYC????

I better get to work. I would be happy with 2 pounds this week - 3 would be awesome. blah -blah......
Old 05-15-2007, 03:51 PM   #67  
One day at a time

Hiya Girlies!

SUSAN...I was like you at one time. I think I still have a hard time sometimes. I was married for 12 years, then single for 8 and then along comes V. I told myself I was ready for a relationship but when it happened I had a hard time dealing. I fought it in the beginning. Figured he would probably get killed or something so what was the point. I think I just didn't want to allow myself to be happy. But, yeah, I wasn't sure I wanted to change things for a man, lol. But I am glad that I did even though it was hard, and still is sometimes. I hope you and M work things out because you both deserve to be happy.

SUE...thank you!You are doing great wtih your walking and biking, keep up the good work missy! I told V no cake for my BD...for once he listened, lol. The kids wanted it but I didn't want it because I know I would have eaten too much of it. When we went to Olive Garden I brought a slice of the lemon cake home...that was my BD cake.

SASSY...hope you guys find the perfect condo/apt. I am glad that they know it is cysts but what can they do or what will they do now?

HI MICHELLE, KATY, & SusanNYC!

Taking it easy still. Don't want to make my back worse. I do hate that I can't walk or do any exercise. I have managed to keep up with the laundry though, with the help of the kids & V. It totally sucks having the laundry room in the basement! Anyway...

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 05-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #68  
kitty Momo

Hi Cristina -
Sorry about your back!! I have this little bone thingie sticking up on my wrist - a bone out of place?? It hurts when I stretch my arm out in front of me.
Not sure what I was thinking. M just happened along. I usually wasn't getting past 2nd dates and he kind of sneaked by,,,,lol He was so sweet when we met. He came into my mom's place and I was sitting in a chair - he kneeled down and gazed at me. I said "don't you want to sit down??" and he said no.....he just wanted to look at me for a minute- he said I was beautful. Awwww......so, ya,,,,,he just happened.....and I missssssss him sooooooo much. It has been 2 weeks!!

I had salad for lunch and 4 ropes of red vines - trying to drink my first 33 ozs - going slow.

Just a day to be outside!!!
Old 05-16-2007, 02:50 AM   #69  
~Believe~

Cool Hi Ya girls...........need advice.......(kinda long)

Hi Ya Ladies.

Okay sorry this isn't about weightloss or exercise.......but I figured you all could give me some helpful advice........

Well we went out today looking at apts. We found a great one, it is close to work and the in-laws and it is totally awesome! Its next too a lake that has duck and geese on it (will drive our cat absolutely insane IF we get it), a nature trail , the apt. is HUGE with loads of closet space, a garden tub........aw girls its just dreamy...............

So we are just waiting for the results of our credit.........We have been working really hard, but have had some slow pays, but DH has paid off a lot of them already...........Well I think we'll be okay. Today, yesterday, lol, we got an offer in the mail by a legitimate bank offering to refinance our new car that we bought 6 months ago. They are offering a much, much, much lower interest rate, so we are going to try for it. But I don't think a decent bank would give us an offer like that unless we are making progress, right? They even said in the letter since we have worked so hard they want to help us......

I know we get all kinds of junk mail, but this isn't one of those from Bob's Bank, this is a legitimate one. I mean yeah we are going to read everything of course and be absolutely sure.........But well, it gives me some hope.

But then again it makes me wonder. Are we doing the right thing by moving into a more expensive apt? Even though it is much closer to work and the in-laws and stuff we like to do? We just are sooooo tired of living in this "crap-box". I dunno I'm just a major worry wort...............We almost moved about a year ago and we backed out, for the same reason, worrying. We wanted to wait and see what was happening with our jobs. Well now we know we have job security, our depts are expanding. UGH why do I do this to myself.............

Any advice girls? What would you do? I'm open to ideas and input.

Here is the situation at hand:

We currently live in a small 2 bedroom upstairs apt and pay out the WAZOO for ultilities. (yes we have already checked w/ the utility co. everything is considered normal, nothing wrong) Infact my in-laws and our co-worker who both have 3 bedroom homes w/ basements pay LESS than we do on their utilities. WE have been here for 2.5 years and we (in my opinion) have the crappiest apt. We have been the best tenants as we have always paid our rent on time, never make any noise, and infact were in the last monthly newsletter as the best residents of this community. DH does computer work for the office and they screwed him out of his pay last time he did work for them. Usually they give him much more $$ and this time he did a lot more work and they gave him less. When he asked, they said no they always gave him this rate. No they haven't. Then if that wasn't enough, they are raising our rent, only $20 more a month, but its just the principal of it all. Why are we busting our buns helping them out again? We have been waiting and waiting on things to get done in this apt.

Ok now the new place is a 2 bedroom + a den, loads of closet space (what we are lacking here), much newer appliances, its closer to work & the inlaws, its also a gated community so not just anybody can come in, and I just love it there. It is so nice, so unlike living here. Its like comparing a palace to a one room shack. But the new place is a bit more expensive. We pay $606 here, there we would be paying $959 + $70 for a garage for storage (that is on site). We also pay $50 now for a storage unit that is 1/2 the size of the garage we'd be getting there. The new place is newer and updated.

So there is my quandary. So any advice? WWYD???

Well anyways, we will see what happens...............

Have a Great One!
Old 05-16-2007, 02:25 PM   #70  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies...

SUSAN...sounds like you are in love big time missy! I think it is when we least expect something to happen, it happens. Sometimes there has to be compromise too in order for it to work. I do hope things work out for the best with you and M. He seems like a good man and you guys a good couple.

SASSY...ha, I think what I just said to Susan applies here as well. There is a reason you guys are looking for a better place and if you think you can make the payment I would say go for it! You only live once! In the long run you will be happier in a new place and being close to your in-laws. About the refinancing of your car...I would definitely check that out completely before doing anything. There could be upfront fees to pay and maybe even a longer loan. Also, remember that everytime your credit takes a hit (someone checking it) you drop a point. And yes, decent banks will make/send all kinds of offers. Sometimes they just get a mailing list I think and send to anyone and everyone. Just be careful there. But hey, what do I know, lol!

HI to everyone else

Nothing much going on. Had some errands to run...went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and pick up some Wedding Day scented candles. It's almost the only place that has any left and when they are gone, they are gone. Didn't find any placemats that I liked so went to Target. Decided on some plain black ones...looks nice on the new table and with the black in the valances. Felt good to get out and walk a little. May be doing the yard sale Saturday after all...feeling much better, just need to be careful. I figure Monday I will be able to get back to my walking and exercise, woohoo! Anywho...that's about all I have.

Have a good day ladies!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 05-17-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:13 PM   #71  
~Believe~

Thanks.......

Well we aren't taking it. Two reasons really. We discussed it last night and decided it was silly to move from one apt. to another, even if the other is a lot better. But its a HUGE jump from what we are paying here, so we wanted to wait a bit and maybe save some money. We know we could afford it, but we decided to "tough it out" here and save some money so in 6 months - 1 yr. Instead of an apt or a Condo we could buy a house. Plus we still aren't 100% sure what is going on with fil, so we kinda want to wait and here we don't have a lease, so we can leave whenever we want, we just have to give them 30 day notice. Where if we got the new place, we'd be tied into a year's lease.

Also I'm glad we aren't going there either as they had false information about my husband on his background check, some things showed up that was not true. My husband called the County Sheriff's Dept and they have nothing on him. So he called the apt. place back and told them and asked where they got the info, at first he said they didn't want to give him the info, but when he said he spoke with the county sheriff, then they did. They got it from a credit reporting company? Which I don't see how they got that type of info from them, but DH says that they probably did a web search and my DH's name is a common one, there are lots of people by his name.

Anyways, we aren't moving and we got the deposit $$ back that we put down. So no big deal. I just told DH last night that I feel stupid for even going through with it yesterday, but he said, well at least we backed out before we were into a lease, etc. We just had this feeling that it wasn't the right thing to do lastnight and after all of that crap, I think we did the right thing by getting out of it.

Yeah I know we need to look into the refinancing very carefully, but if its legit, it would save us a ton of money on the interest we are paying an extremely high one right now. So we will of course look into all the "ins and outs" and the "small writing", etc. before just doing it. But this is one of the top banks in the world and I have never gotten a thing from them before. If we get anything like that its usually from something that we've never heard of. Not saying that it couldn't be a scam, we will check it out completely first. I just thought it was nice to be noticed for all the hard work we have been doing on our credit is all. We've been really busting our buns on it.

Well guess that is all I have to say, so thanks for the advice, but we already made up our minds about the new apt. We're NOT taking it. Staying here and saving money for a house instead.
Take Care,

Old 05-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #72  
kitty Momo

Afternoon!

Had my usual slim fast w/ oatmeal this morning - it was good. Munched on a mid morning apple and the greek salad w/ albacore tuna on it. Plus bought some pretzel nuggest and had 8 - which is 110 calories.

You make a lot of sense not taking the apt Sassy. I still need to put my application in for the one I was thinking about. Kind of scared to live on my own again...lol - bills and such. Nice not to have to pay rent where I am at....

Cristina - I think I do have it bad for M. He just dropped by and we went to Subway for his lunch. I hadn't seen him in 2 weeks and he looked so handsome. Couldn't take my eyes off him as he talked. He'll be back up Saturday for his weekend class. awww, I love him. He is the best.

k- back to work! Oh, my bone thingie is some sort of cyst. It is fluid from the bone. Gaig something....cyst....anyway - at least it isn' a bone out of place.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:27 PM   #73  
~Believe~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Gaby View Post
Afternoon!

Had my usual slim fast w/ oatmeal this morning - it was good. Munched on a mid morning apple and the greek salad w/ albacore tuna on it. Plus bought some pretzel nuggest and had 8 - which is 110 calories.

You make a lot of sense not taking the apt Sassy. I still need to put my application in for the one I was thinking about. Kind of scared to live on my own again...lol - bills and such. Nice not to have to pay rent where I am at....

Cristina - I think I do have it bad for M. He just dropped by and we went to Subway for his lunch. I hadn't seen him in 2 weeks and he looked so handsome. Couldn't take my eyes off him as he talked. He'll be back up Saturday for his weekend class. awww, I love him. He is the best.

k- back to work! Oh, my bone thingie is some sort of cyst. It is fluid from the bone. Gaig something....cyst....anyway - at least it isn' a bone out of place.
I hear ya. Its always scary when your changing something, esp. a move like that. I wish you all the best. I feel a lot better now. I know we made the right decision in waiting.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:03 PM   #74  
kitty Momo

Good Morning again! I totally hate change Sassy!! lol. - I do. I would love to really move back to the coast and be a beach bum. In and out of traffic all the time is exhausting - not a city girl at all. It will be nice for me and Gaby to get our own place again.

My eyes are kind of dried out - my contact is annoying me today. waaah - waaaah.

Breakfast was slimfast/oatmeal and a mid size banana. I feel pretty good - it doesn't scare me as much to look in the mirror - even though it is only a 7 pound loss - I can see the Skinny Susan fighting to get out!! lol My skirts are screaming for me to wear them again and shoes at Freddies are calling me to come and buy a decent pair of shoes to walk in. ok,ok.....I will get my butt in gear.

Haven't started on my water yet.

Michelle - miss you! Thinking of you and your sister - hope you both are ok?

Like the FrouFrou Cristina! Cute.

better get to work! chat later
Old 05-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #75  
kitty Momo

Dear Me,
Yes, I am back. I finished my first 33 oz bottle of water. My eye is still bothering me, the maintenance man came in and is in his usual grumpy mood. I am thinking of lunch. Thinking of Jules who sends me emails but doesn't post here!! Miss you Jules. Miss Katy too and went to her MsPicky blog to read up what was happening in her life. lol........stalking you all.

k- going to the loo and up to see a vacant unit.....I shall contain my excitement.

later -