Old 05-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 146/135/122

Height: 5'4"

50lbstogo--I'm in Northern California too!
seagreenwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #17  
kitty Momo

seagreenwater!

96ozs of water is awesome seagreenwater. I just started this week and can manage 70ozs. When I get home from work I stop because I am tired and I don't want to keep jumping up for the bathroom. lol

Lunch - was a greek reduced salad (130 cal) w/ a can of albacore (160 cal) - plus I did have 22 nuget size pretzels at 110 cal......and 2 small gala apples - but I don't count those calories- I consider that a freebie.

My weaknesses are breads and meat. Pretzels and tuna satisfy that. Plus I am really into these fruit lime popsicles @ 100 calories. I have one a day - every since I went to Hawaii I like to munch on ice. I guess I could get some ice and save myself a 100 calories - lol

anyway better get!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #18  
kitty Momo

Good Morning.
Breakfast was a serving of oatmeal, banana and an Atkins shake.
I am glad it is Friday! I will take the girls down to the coast tomorrow for the day.
I am going to do my weigh day on Monday , anyone want to join me? I better get busy on my water, just wanted to check in.
Have a wonderful day!!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:19 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 146/135/122

Height: 5'4"

The running around to the bathroom is the terrible part of all the water. When I drink before bed I end up getting up two or three times during the night just to pee. I don't enjoy that, at all.

Popsicle brand (I believe), the same people who make Fudgsicle bars have GREAT popsicles that are sugar free and large so they can satisfy the craving. I also tried Yoplait Light Boston Creme Pie yogurt the other day and it was really satisfying for 110 calories.
seagreenwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:12 PM   #20  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...I have just been in a mood, blah. I think it's because I haven't exercised much and this darn weather. I don't know, I feel like there is a cloud hanging over my head, lol. Good for you for getting back on track! You're doing great! i am still WI in Monday's so yeah, I'll join ya. ANd I get what you are saying. I do the same. I read and I take what I can use from that. And you are right, it's hard to concentrate on someone else when you are trying to focus on yourself...just the way it is I think. Hope you and the girls have fun at the beach. I miss the beach so much! We practically lived at Redondo Beach in CA.

A big to 50lbstogo & Seagreenwater! Glad to have you ladies here and looking forward to getting to know you.

SASSY...wonder if that is the same Titanic that came here. I missed it. Glad you guys liked it though. For some reason I was thinking your mother was coming at a later date. Hope you guys are enjoying each other.

KATY...how's the house coming along? WTG on your first 10 lbs.! And heres to the next 10

MICHELLE...how are you doing today? How is your sister?

Nothing much going on today. Had to run to the post office this morning and mail some things and straightened up the house and that's about it. Chat more later.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #21  
kitty Momo

Afternoon!
Hi Cristina and Seagreenwater - hope you both are having a good day.

I am just across the hall from the bathroom and I still run with my legs crossed. It is such a bother I wait til the last second and heck if I get there on time. I should bring an extra pair of pants.
TMI??? lol

I have to use the Loo every 30 minutes, I don't know how I am going to get to the coast, a 90 minute drive. I think I will just not drink water until I get there.

Lunch was another Greek salad w/ tuna. I like the feta (reduced fat) cheese on it. I also bought some fat free chicken broth to heat and sip on, it only has 20 calories in the whole container. It is pretty tastey.

Good, so you will join me Cristina on Monday (or I am probably joining you - lol ) The problem w/ M is he fell in love with me heavy and that was kind of nice but I was gaining over the months - getting bigger. I really want to wear my old clothes again.....and my skirts!! I miss them the most.

You can only eat so much and enjoy it before enough is enough - lol yikes....I will tell you in a couple weeks how high I was.... -

oh, good news! Becky's best friend isn't moving like planned. I am glad, they are so cute together.

Chat later and hi to everyone!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #22  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you ALL for your kind words and prayers for my sister. I have been busy this week with getting her to appointments and running out to her house to help her during the days when everyone is gone. She is in SO much pain and I feel so bad for her. Yes I've been very down lately with my weightloss, and with being gone every day this week, it has thrown my eating pattern off, so tomorrow I'm back on track again. I usually weigh in on Saturday mornings, but I can change it to Monday mornings to join all of you. I had a bad experience yesterday with a lady in the contact department at Kaiser, where we have our insurance, and was just giving up on my contacts, but I called there this morning and went through a different lady who was SO nice and SO helpful, explaining everything in detail, and now I'm in my two week trial pair to see how they do with me. It's so difference, I actually feel naked, without glasses on, but I do love it! I can only wear the contacts four hours today, and then add two hours each day until I can wear them all day. I think they will be a lot more convenient and I can wear regular sunglasses now. Susan, I have such a weak bladder to begin with and so when I'm drinking a lot of water, I have to make sure I'm always right near the bathroom. Whenver we drive to the coast, I cannot drink anything that morning until we get down there, and awhile before we leave to drive back home, it's a pain! Well I've decided to just stay on my own with my weightloss and now try and get help from others, who seem too busy to help anyways. Hope all of you are having a good Friday.

SUSAN ~~ I meant to ask you, did you get clear or colored contacts? I tried on several pairs, and did think about some green ones, but my daughter said I looked like I had alien eyes and she liked my brown color the way it is so I ended up just getting clear ones. I just thought it would be fun having a new color of eyes, but they didn't look natural on me. I can see really clear except up close isn't super clear for me yet.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:37 PM   #23  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...hugs to you and your sis. My first hubby walked passed a wall furnace and it blew up as he walked by. It burned a good size of his back and he said that was the worst pain anyone could ever have to deal with. I'm hoping your sis isn't that bad...just the thought of her having to go thru what DH did hurts me. I hope you meant you won't be dealing with your weight loss by yourself. I know I said it is hard to help others when one is trying to do it but I think we all need each others support. I know I do! That's why I am here...I can't seem to do it on my own. Glad you got in touch with someone who was nicer than the other person. Do the contacts bother you at all? I would like to get them and then be able to buy some cheaper sunglasses. Right now I have prescription ones and need new ones. I don't really need them as I can actually see without glasses...they just make things clearer. But I don't know that I could stand something on my eye.

SUSAN...I am the same way. If I know I am going to be gone most of the day or in the car a significant amount of time I won't drink water. It comes out as fast as it goes in, lol. Glad Becky's friend isn't moving. It's hard when a good friend moves away...you feel lost. Hope you guys have a fun time at the beach.

HI to everyone else

Nothing much going on. Going to hang some pictures on the wall and getting laundry done. It's icky out again...supposed to get some bad storms later. I swear...we will never get any yard work done.Anywho...better get going. I need to unpack a couple of boxes as well. Going to go get more stuff out of storage tomorrow. Having a neighborhood yard sale and I want to be ready for it. Already have three boxes of stuff. I can't believe the amount of stuff I have held onto and carried around each time we moved, ugh. As much as I hate to let go of things I am. I am one of those people who say...I will use it, one day, lol. Then it sits in a box for years!

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 05-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #24  
kitty Momo

Happy Sunday!!
Michelle - as far as the contacts go I have clear. I like them. Let me know the price the price at Kaiser, ok? I spend $70 for 3 months going to Lens Crafters.
I hope you are feeling better and getting out of a *blah* mood Cristina!!

Went to the beach yesterday with the girls. It was good to get out of the city.
I ate:
Breakfast
Atkins w/ banana
Lunch
Clam chowder at Mo's in Lincoln city. It was sooooooo good, I had 2 bowls w/ 1 slice of bread.
I thought that was ok considering it was all I was planning to eat.
Until we went to the cheese factory in Tillamook. I sampled 3 cheeses, little cubes, no biggie. I saw some carmel corn and bought a pack. Ate some of that which was a mistake because it was heaven on earth! I swear it melted right in your mouth. I threw it at Rach and told her to hide it after a few handfuls. I took a bit of Gaby's beef jerk........and, I think that was all in my fall from grace. lol
I did have some apples too.

So, the damage was done. Today is going good so far. Gab went with her father so I am just spending the afternoon resting and reading.

catch you all tomorrow!!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #25  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!
Weigh day for me and I lost 2 pounds. yay......I wish it had been more though- grrrrrrrr. Good news is my pants feel better. They aren't digging into me and I can actually breathe now when I sit down. So, I will try and focus on how my clothes fit and not the scale too much.
I switched to Slim Fast shakes in the morning. I couldn't find Atkins strawberry at the store, my favorite flavor. I don't like the chocolates or vanilla. I also bought some 94% fat free popcorn. I had some last night and it isn't too bad. I burned it but ate it anyway.
I have soooo much to do at work. I wanted to say good morning!!!
Hope you all had a good weekend, I did
Old 05-07-2007, 01:53 PM   #26  
RosieKate

Yay Susan- here's to baby-steppin'! Good job...I'm holding steady this week. I must be ovulating or something, 'cause I have craved salty things all week and the scale is not being kind to me. I do a TH weigh in, so I'll just post my .4 loss from then here, and let's keep our fingers crossed that I have some ok news by next Monday.

Michelle - your new pic is so pretty! How are you liking your contacts?

Hi Cristina - hope you are being spared all those horrible tornadoes..

Hi to everyone else.

The weekend zoomed by for us. DS finished up track season with meets on Sat and Sun. DD and I went to the Fairy Festival at Alpenrose on Sat. then to Sunday School and the meet on Sunday. Then came home exhausted. We ate a late dinner and watched the couple we most did not want to win the Amazing Race win the Amazing Race. Bummer.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #27  
kitty Momo

Dear Susan,
How are you ?
I am fine.
Kind of lonely, kind of quite here. Heeeeeeeelloooooo, heeeeeeeeellooooo.
I ate a gala apple and bell pepper. I consider them snacks. I try not to feel too much like a cow grazing. It is hard though with all these fruits & veggies. I did pick up another greek salad, love those. Counting the minutes until I can eat again!! lol
Tonight is The Bachelor! Look forward to that. Finishing up my first 33 oz bottle.
What else?? I guess that is it. If I can manage 3 pounds loss this week I would be a happy camper.

edited for Katy :Oh, sure.....sneak in and don't tell me!! - you are ovulating? is that the same as TOM? Confused.......I know ,,,,,I am slow. My kids always think I am not listening but I am just trying to figure out what they are saying. ....lol
k- back to work...

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-07-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #28  
One day at a time

Hello ladies!

SUSAN...I am out of that "blah" mood. Ya know, I think all it was, was no exercising. I started walking and doing some weights on Saturday and I am feeling so much better! I was going to wait until Monday, today, to start and I thought there is no time like the present. So put on my sneakers and went to the park, and prayed I wouldn't get rained on, lol. WTG on your 2 pounds! Glad you and the girls enjoyed going to the beach.

KATY...WTG to you also! The tornadoes have missed us, thank god! I feel for the people west of us and north of us. Geez, all these tornadoes and flooding. They have actually called school off in soooo many counties/cities. Of course last night we had a scare. After watching the weather and them saying there was no severe weather anywhere around the tornado sirens went off about 11:30! False alarm though.Thanks for asking!

MICHELLE...I too like your new avatar and you without glasses. I forgot to mention that. How is your sister doing?

JULES, SASSY, SusanNYC...how are you ladies doing? Hoping all is well with you.

Today has been a busy day for me. I got in a 2 mile walk on the treadmill. The weather is too if'y right now to go to the park. I am feeling better, more energetic. I am drinking my water and the eating is going well. This is only day one though, lol. I plan on having a loss come next WI! Oh, forgot to mention...I am up 2 pounds Not to fret though...I know I am on the right track again. Of course this is a bad week.

Chat later gators
Old 05-07-2007, 05:22 PM   #29  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

SUSAN...CONGRATS on losing 2 pounds! I've not been eating very well since last Thursday. I've been running my sister to appointments, and myself also, and my eating schedule has been thrown way off and we've done way too much eating out; I've put 2 pounds back on. I had to run down to Kaiser this morning to exchange my two week trial pair of contact lens, because they were drying my eyes out so much and I was constantly putting eye drops in, and they were irritating my eyes to where I could always feel them. The ones they put me in today are the same kind I wore years ago when I had contacts and they haven't bothered me once today and I don't even notice they're in and they are slightly tinted so I won't lose them like I almost did with the others. I go back on May 17 for my followup and to order my contacts and when I do, I'll let you know how much they cost. I think $70 for three months sounds kind of expensive.

KATY...Thank you for the compliment. I'm loving my contacts and being able to wear sunglasses. I still find myself trying to push my glasses up on my nose and realizing there is nothing there. Congrats on your weightloss, great job!

CRISTINA...Great job with getting back to your walking again! I know how much of a difference the exercise makes with me, for sure! The tornadoes have been horrible in Kansas and I'm so glad you're safe.

Well like I said, I've put two pounds back on and I'm very unhappy about it, but I will be getting back on track again tomorrow. I need to get to the grocery store tonight, because we're about out of everything.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #30  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -
Yes, I did get on the scale this morning and it was a total 4 pounds loss, instead of 2 from yesterday. Maybe I didn't get all the water of of me??? Anyway, I kept getting on and off the scale to make sure, I was thrilled!!!! yay......now I am happy.
I started taking a green tea herb on Sunday. It is suppose to help burn fat.I will see this week if it helps.
I had veggies and a breast of chicken for dinner last night and a slim fast w/banana this morning. I have a red grapefruit and apples for munchies during the day.
I tried another pair of pants on this morning and they feel looser! Thank goodness.
My main motivation is all the clothes I can't wear. I have some cute things and it would be sooooooo nice to get back into them. Please, please God
k- getting to work!!

Jules Where ARE you??? Miss you.

Michelle HUGS to you and your sister! Take it easy

Cristina I am glad you are out of the blahs! You are doing great on the exercise, I need to get my butt in gear too.

Katy Beautiful day, huh? I passed on that one apt. I think the traffic would have gotten on my nerves.

Sassy, Sue, Susan, Seagreenwater and everyone else. I hope you all have a good day!!