Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:51 AM   #91  

It is always a joy to come and catch up with everyone. HUGS!
A good weekend.Nice sunshine, a great hockey party on Sat night, kids are loving Sat morning soccer. i worked all day doing the Avon thing at an event yesterday, made over $200.00 sitting out in the sun talking to people I really like.
It is raining today and hubby is home. I have tons of house work and laundry and Avon stuff to do. I would rather be alone but am sucking it up.

I was hoping to do yard work too. For motivation I invited 50 people here for a campfire next Sunday. I need to weed.

I will go for a walk this morning. It is just sprinkling. It is supposed to pour later.
Time to face the day.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy-I agree that journaling food is a must. I've started that today myself.

Not much is happening today. It's been quite at work so far. I've kept myself busy though and it's almost 11 a.m.

To everyone else a big hug and hello.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:04 PM   #93  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Another cool morning heating up to around the 27C mark today. I see I have 2 orchids out and flowering beautifully. Time for repotting some of the others I see too. Hope I can get some of the chores I can see done before I leave here for over there.

I'm now down 5.9K from my January weight. From 79.9K to 74.1 this morning. This is part of my New Year resolution to lose 10% of my body weight. I'm over halfway now. On track hopefully for the rest. Don't really see a huge difference and it doesn't help buying clothes as in one shop you will fit a 14 happily, next shop it is down to a 12, third shop you are back into a sixteen and that doesn't fit in the bust. I've even fitted a 10 but it wasn't particularly comfortable. Mainly I judge the changes on what happens with the old clothes. I have two pairs of capri pants that I can pull off without undoing the zip or buttons - ergo the hips have shrunk. Pity I can't say the same about the top half.

Today I need to clean the bathroom and chuck out some of the old stuff in there - there is sunscreen which is over 5 years out of date. It's all going today. Then I need to get out in the garden. DS2 will no doubt need some chauffering for something although he determinedly rides his bicycle to and fro - says he needs the exercise.

Holly - life seems just as busy as ever in your neck of the woods. Please turn off the rain before I get to Canada. We actually need it here and not there while I am on holiday.

Ceejay - a quiet day at work is always a good one.

Happy - if anything is left behind the loo, it can stay there. I have no intention of looking or counting the cobwebs or anything else remotely to do with cleaning or tidying. My own place doesn't bear too much scrutiny as it is.
Actually I was having a moan about the last Biggest Loser program that we had. It was won by a 23 year old with few social graces. Now this guy did work hard, but I'm almost willing to bet my bank account it was done for the money and not the weight loss. His rivals were all in the 30's with the oldest at around 38. Mind you the 38 year old came in second, but it just goes to prove the men drop it faster than women who have to work twice as hard to get where they want to be. But this young man was dropping 7 or 8 kilos in a week where most of the others were getting around 4 or 5. Even the really big guy 216K and 34 years old wasn't managing as much although he did do a 10.5 very early in the program. So I can understand you frustration regarding the magazine article.

Mel - Sunday is not being a scarf - more like a foghorn, always there and always vocal. Not always seen. She will be most unhappy again next week.

Hiya Suzi - sorry to hear the job is not going to last, but that's the way of things. You need to find a part time job or a job share position - it'll happen, just keep looking and keep the options open.

Carla - maybe you out to try checking out behind the loo for your missing oomph and the weight loss resolve. I've been checking out the SF part of my trip this morning. Oooooooh I am getting excited.

And hello to Madcat, Meadow and the others. Better get off here before the day slips away from me. Hi ho, hi ho it's off to the bathroom I go, to clean actually - so there.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:46 PM   #94  

Oomph still missing in action, but I did somehow find the energy to get out the hiking duds and go for a good hike in the woods. About 2 1/2 hours, and it seemed to be all uphill. Saw a moose having lunch in a bog, but no bears or beavers. I was more than shocked when stripping for my bath later to see the same old rolls and bulges... how did they survive the day??? Also busy spending time with my bereaved neighbour, who's doing well, all things considered. I can only imagine how lonely she must feel. Working the next three days, so no more walks in the woods for now.

Shad, there are never any weather guarantees around here. You do want to bring a sweater (or fleece) and a rain jacket just in case. Besides, you'll probably need them on the west coast.

Once again I'm pooping out without chatting with you all individually. Please except my apoplogies - I'll be back on track soon. Right now I'm so tired I'm considering going to bed at 9:30, unheard of for me. Hello to Mel, Happy, Ceejay, Madcat, Suzi, and whoever I'm too exhausted to remember.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:51 PM   #95  
Smackin' into a Wall

Shad~ Wow, congratulations on your progress! Halfway there and not even halfway through the year yet. That’s great. I hear you on the weird sizing. Good for you for keeping those “benchmark” capris.

Hooly~ How nice that you can make money at something you really enjoy. Enjoy the walk before the rain hits.

Ceejay~ Pity you have to deal spend your energy breaking in this new coworker. I believe you will get her kicked into shape in no time.

Mel~ Yep, we are slackers. Can I tsk at you about the coffee? There, consider yourself tsk’ed. Don’t let the election silliness suck you in. There are some good lessons in that leopard story. And it made me laugh. I think it is more a matter of the power of quick thinking rather than baffling them. Would you do my laundry? It is threatening to take over the floor of the closet.

Happy~ Hope your PC is on the mend. I have a pedometer that really doesn’t seem to work right either so I’d be interested to hear if your new one works. It really is a good way to judge how much daily exercise we are getting. Just a simple thing. Geez, sorry about your tooth issue. Ow! And journalling does seem to be the only way to stay honest. Here’s a question, do you journal foods you intend to eat or just write it down as they are eaten? I’m curious how other people approach this. I’ll be right beside you writing down mine too. I’ve slipped up the last couple of days, but that won’t help anyone, least of all myself, now will it?

Carla~ way to go on the hiking. You saw a moose? That is so neat. All I ever see is homeless people and empty beer cans.

Suzi~ So lovely to see you. You’ve been missed. Sorry about your job situation, but at least you have a fair amount of warning. How would you feel about contracting maybe? It’s not a terrible life.

Waves to all the other chicks lurking and posting.

To tell the truth, I have had a couple of very bad days. My friend who was admitted to the hospital is still there as they run more tests. The words “breast cancer” have been mentioned but they still don’t know for sure. All we can do is try to stay positive and hope for the best. If anyone was so inclined, a few prayers or positive thoughts would be appreciated. It couldn’t hurt.

I need a hug. Think I'll go bug the DH.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:48 AM   #96  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MADCAT~ I AM STARTING TO ENJOY THE LAUNDRY ROOM SO SEND YOURS RIGHT OVER. I CAN EVEN SQUEEZE IN HAPPY'S. I AM SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO YOUR FRIEND. I HOPE SHE GETS AN ANSWER AND IT'S A GOOD ONE. FINGERS CROSSED.
AND for you too.

CARLA~ I MUST HAVE MISSED THE POST ABOUT THE NEIGHBOR AND HER BEREAVMENT! I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT IT. SENDING TO HER AND YES IT MUST BE LONELY. DEATH AND DIVORCE RATE NUMBER ONE ON THE STRESS SCALE TOO. HOPE SHE IS GENTLE WITH HERSELF. WHAT DO YOU MEAN...ALL THAT HIKING AND STILL HAVE ROLLS? I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. I WENT OUT THE OTHER DAY AND MUST HAVE PUT AT LEAST 2 MILES ON THE ODOMETER AND WHEN I GOT ON THE SCALE....NOT AN OUNCE WAS LOST. VERY SAD

SHAD~ I THINK WHEN YOU GO AWAY TO WORK, YOU SHOULD JUST WRAP THE HOUSE IN SARAN WRAP TILL YOU GET BACK. THIS WAY THERE IS NO CLEANING TO DO UPON YOUR RETURN! POOR SUNDAY. WAIT TILL THE END OF THE MONTH!!! UNLESS YOU INTEND TO SMUGGLE HER IN A CARRY-ON BAG!

CEEJAY~ A BIG AND BACK TO YOU!
HOPE WORKS IS QUIETLY ROLLING ALONG FOR YOU!

HAPPY~ YES IT GOT COLD IN NJ AGAIN AND ONE NIGHT WAS IN THE 30's. I GOT BACK OUT OF BED AND PUT THE RADIATOR BACK ON FOR THE GRANDSON! HE WAS FREEZING. THESE MUST BE YOUR THONGS MIXED UP WITH MY WASH CAUSE I DON'T WEAR THEM. THEY LOOK LIKE A FRIGGING SLINGSHOT! I'LL SEND THEM OUT STRAIGHT AWAY!! I DIDN'T GET TO THE BACK OF THE LOO YET BUT IT'S ON MY TO DO LIST NOW GOOD LUCK WITH WW

MORE WASH DONE AND FOLDED. MORE STUFF STORED AND SOME GIVEN AWAY. I AM ON A ROLL. BLANKETS AND QUILTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN USED IN YEARS ARE ALL READY FOR THE NEXT COLD SNAP THE OTHER DAY IT WAS JUST A TAD OVER 80 AND RATHER HUMID. AS THE DAY PROGRESSED THE TEMPS KEPT DROPPING TILL THEY HIT A LOW OF ABOUT 33. I WAS SO COLD I WENT TO BED TO WATCH TV. THE GOOD NEWS HERE IS THAT SINCE I WEIGHED IN ON SUNDAY AT 184.5......THE SCALE DID NOT BOUNCE BACK TO 187 LIKE IT'S BEEN DOING. I JUST HAD TO GET ON AGAIN TODAY TO TEST IT.
JUST WASN'T UP TO FOOD SHOPPING TODAY SO I'LL PICK UP SOME STUFF ON FRIDAY. SUPPOSED TO BE
85* BY NOON TODAY!!

A SPOOKY STORY: I WAS IN THE OFFICE WHEN THE PHONE RANG. A WOMAN HAD BEEN TAKING CARE OF HER EX AND HE PASSED AWAY. SHE HAD STUFF SHE WANTED TO DONATE. WE CHATTED WHEN SHE CAME. AS SHE WAS LEAVING WE SPOKE ABOUT OTHER DONATIONS INCLUDING THE CHAIR I COULDN'T KEEP. SHE LEFT. I COME UPSTAIRS ONLY TO BE CALLED BACK DOWN TO THE OFFICE. SHE CAME BACK WITH SOME MORE DONATIONS. AS WE CHATTED AND WALKED TO THE DOOR, SOMETHING SHE SAID MADE THE CONNECTION IN MY HEAD AS TO WHO SHE WAS. AND I SAID HER EX'S LAST NAME... SHE WAS SURPRISED......IT WAS HER EX'S CHAIR THAT IS STILL SITTING WAITING FOR THE FAMILY TO PICK IT UP. I TOOK HER TO THE ELECTRIC ROOM, WHERE IT SITS, TO CONFIRM IT. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT....SHE IS GOING TO SEE IF THE FAMILY HAS FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT TAKING IT BACK AND THEN I CAN HAVE IT. AS SHE WAS LEAVING, SHE TURNED AND SAID "LOOK WHERE I AM PUTTING YOU"..SH PUT MY POST-IT WITH MY TELLY NUMBER ON HER CHEST OVER HER HEART. SHE SAID MARK WOULD WANT ME TO HAVE THE CHAIR AND THAT'S WHY SHE MUST HAVE FELT COMPELLED TO RETURN. THE HAIR WAS STICKING UP ON MY ARMS AND I SAID HE SENT HER BACK THE SECOND TIME CAUSE WE DIDN'T GET IT "RIGHT" THE FIRST TRIP!! THE OFFICE WAS STANDING THERE WITH THEIR MOUTHS HANGING OPEN. NO ONE KNEW WHAT TO SAY. THE ONLY BAD NEWS IS THAT I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HER AND THINK SHE MIGHT BE AFRAID TO CALL AND SAY THEY WANT THE CHAIR BACK.
BUT EERIE STORY NONETHELESS!!
OK GOTTA GO. RAMBLED ON HERE LONG ENOUGH. SOMETIMES I FORGET YOU GUYS ACTUALLY WORK FOR A LIVING!!
HAPPY TUESDAY!

Last edited by MELODY525; 05-15-2007 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:40 AM   #97  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

I am running a bit behind this morning so all I had time for was to enjoy your newest posts with my coffee. Lots of "oh wow" moments this morning. I will catch up with you all tonight - off to pop in the shower, off to the dentist (hope he gives me that gas again ) and then off for a spin on the hamster wheel of work and life for the afternoon. New washing machine gets delivered today. Spent the last 2 days washing pillows and heavy thumpy things I don't want to wash in the "good" washer. Gotta run - be good.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #98  

The problem with not posting for a while is the mountain of posts to respond to. But here goes:

Madcat, I've got my fingers crossed and am sending : that your friend will not get bad news. Very scary and upsetting for her and for thoe that love her.
And by the way, I'm not the guilty party with the "real" Ontario line. That was Ruth(??) suggesting Shad visit her in Westport (??). The details are gone forever from my mind, but all I did was quote her. Besides, everyone knows the "real" Ontario is Ottawa. Not.

Happy, when you broke your tooth, were you perhaps biting off more than you could chew? biting your tongue? nibbling on DH's ear? My theory is that dentists insert tiny time bombs in the weak spots in our mouth, and they go off right around the time we think we're all caught up on dental care. Boom! Another ten years of work to pay for ever more crowns...
If you need some extra laundry to try out that new machine, I have a rather extensive selection I'd be delighted to share with you.
Are you still working both jobs, or are you firmly into the new one? Enjoying the change, I hope.

Suzi, so sorry that the job will end, as you seemed to be quite enjoying it. I'm sure you'll find something else, and my fingers are crossed it'll be even better.

Mel, you're sounding quite chipper these days. I hope those eyes are much better. Maybe the rain helped with the allergies and their side effects? Since you're enjoying the laundry room so much, and since I have a feeling Happy will be too ga-ga from happy gas to help out, can I send mine on to you?? I'll happily grocery shop for you, bringing only healthy, delicious foods.
I had mentioned last week that my neighbour's husband had had a bad fall, spent the afternoon in ER, was discharged and died of a heart attack 4 hours later. She often looks after my cats when I'm gone for just a few days, and we've gotten to be quite friendly. A lovely person, she's bearing up quite well, but I'm trying to make sure she doesn't feel any more alone than necessary.

Shad, is DS2 accident prone, or just so active that these things are inevitable? If he were a lot younger - or a spouse - one might suspect that it was an attempt to make you stop going away, but not from an adult child. Maybe it's Sunday tripping him up so you'll have to come home.

Holly, what a great way to earn a pile of money! That's one of the nice things about Avon - people actually like the product, it's not overpriced, so it almost sells itself. Your life has really changed since you wound up the day care - it sounds like you're enjoying getting out and about more.

Ceejay, was that you operating the cattle prod that got me started yesterday? Thanks - maybe.

I'm pretty achy and slow today after the big hike. I can't believe how out of shape I am. But I know it won't take long to improve as long as I don't give up. It's always so hard to get back into any fitness program - everything seems so very hard and painful that it's hard to get going. But I have to remember that I once went from 0 to running a marathon in two years. I'm older now, but no matter how impossible it seems, I know can get a good level of fitnes back.
The diet is a little harder - self-indulgence is a bad habit to break. (Mel!!! Put down that frappucino!!!) I really do think WW will be the option that does the trick in the end. It has worked before, and with summer coming this is the pefect time to get back on board. I always tried to plan out my points the night before, but wrote them in as I ate them. Madcat, are you doing the on-line version like Happy, or do you go to meetings?

Well, I'D better eat so I can get back to work on time. Salad again.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #99  

Just a brief note before the computer is shut down. Storms are in he area.
The water plant has been shut down and awaiting the worse.

Happy--Baton down the hatches. The squall line is coming your way.

More later.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #100  

Puff, puff - morning all - puff

Just running in to say hello. Will try to get back later to chat but today is busy. Haircut and colour this morning 10.30, DS2 to hospital for check up at 2.00pm, wine man is coming to give me a gift at 3.30 - hope he doesn't expect me to buy anything!!! He's stiff outa luck if he does. Need to check with Recruiting agent about dates sometime as well and get in touch with Tracey from Groote to confirm details for the week after I get back. I'd like to have all that squared away before I go - mainly so I can get organised for that. Got my foreign currency yesterday. Now have to stash it until I go (and not forget it) Think I need a very long to do list.

I've already cleaned half the house this morning and put things away and thrown things out etc. Haven't exercised yet, but that may have to be tonight, which reminds me I need to talk to the gym about renewal as well. If I am going to Perth for my next job, I can use the gym membership.

Okay - outa here. Time for a quick clean in the dinging room and a cuppa before going to the hairdreser. Hope she doesn't take too long today. I may just have to hurry her up.

See ya
Old 05-16-2007, 07:37 AM   #101  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY~ THE "GOOD" WASHER"???? HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY!!!

CEEJAY~ GUESS THESE ARE THE STORMS THEY WARNED US ABOUT LAST NIGHT HEADING OUR WAY. TEMPS ARE DROPPING YET AGAIN HERE AFTER TODAY. HOPE YOU'RE WEATHERING OUT THE STORM

CARLA~ SOMETIMES WHEN THE EYES ARE BURNING, I MUST ADMIT THAT I SKIM THE POSTS. I REMEMBER THE PART ABOUT THE FALL AND ER BUT PROBABLY SKIPPED THE END RESULT. POOR MAN....NOW POOR WOMAN. BEEN A VERY STRANGE YEAR. GOOD OF YOU TO LET HER KNOW SHE ISN'T FORGOTTEN...WHICH OFTEN HAPPENS. SEEMS LIKE THE MATE THAT IS LEFT BEHIND BECOMES INVISIBLE TO OLD FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. THE GREAT AMERICAN WAY IS TO IGNORE THE REMAINING SPOUSE AND ALL BAD THINGS WILL JUST GO AWAY.
FYI, NO FRAPPUCCINO'S TO PUT DOWN!! I DRANK THE LAST ONE THE OTHER DAY GOD THIS IS A HARD HABIT TO BREAK. WW WILL BE YOUR ROAD TO SUCCESS.....YOU AND HAPPY CAN COMMISERATE (SP) ABOUT YOUR POINTS!!! GOOD LUCK AND KEEP THOSE BUNS ON THE TRAIL!!

SHAD~ GROOTE AGAIN?? IS THE TFG GOING AS WELL? I WILL DEFINITELY FALL OUT OF THIS WHEELCHAIR IF HE DOES! WHAT A THING TO HAVE TO COME HOME TO!! OF COURSE I CAN AFFORD TO LAUGH...I DON'T HAVE TO WORK WITH HIM!!
HOPE THE HAIR DATE WENT WELL AND DS IS ON THE MEND!! DON'T WASTE ANY TIME CLEANING YOUR HOUSE.....YOU CAN COME HERE TO THE STATES AND CLEAN...SEEMS LIKE HAPPY AND I HAVE PLENTY OF THINGS ON OUR TO DO LISTS TO KEEP YOU BUSY FOR YOUR ENTIRE STAY!

I AM SITTING HERE 1/2 DRESSED AND MY NOSE IS RUNNING. I SHOULD BE GRATEFUL ABOUT THE NOSE AS IT WAS CLOGGED UP YESTERDAY! I ENDED UP DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING EXCEPT SPEND SOME TIME WITH JEN. WE PUT SOME OF THE "TALL STUFF" AWAY....THINGS I LIKE TO STORE ON THE UPPER SHELVES. AND WHEN SHE LEFT, I WENT BACK TO DOING NOTHING
TODAY IS FRAN'S LAST DAY. WE BOUGHT HER AN HERBAL LAVENDER BATH SET. I WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ALL HER HELP WITH ARTS & CRAFTS.
WE'RE HAVING A SMALL LUNCHEON AS WELL. SAD DAY.
I AM GOING TO LEAVE A MESSAGE ON THE NEW BOSS OF ARTS & CRAFT'S ANSWERING MACHINE OVER THE WEEKEND. I WILL GIVE FULL CONTROL OVER THE CHOICE FOR THE NEXT PROJECT. THERE IS NO ONE TO SHOP FOR ME AND I AM NOT RECRUITING JEN FOR YET ANOTHER UNPAID JOB. I WILL BE AS DIPLOMATIC AS POSSIBLE.
WHATEVER I SAY SHE WILL TWIST AROUND ANYWAY!
I AM ALSO GOING TO TELL HER THAT NOT ONLY DID I LOSE MY SHOPPER BUT MY ASSISTANT AS WELL. SHE CAN PUT THAT IN HER PIPE AND SMOKE IT TOO. FROM NOW ON WHEN I NEED HELP, I AM GOING TO ASK FOR IT. THEY DO. THIS IS A GOOD LESSON FOR ME BECAUSE I SPENT MOST OF MY LIFE WORRYING ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT OR WERE SAYING ABOUT ME. VERY SAD.
IMAGE WAS EVERYTHING.
OFF TO WASH MY HAIR AND GET ALL GUSSIED UP FOR THE PARTY.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY!! HAPPY HUMPING!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:58 AM   #102  

Good morning Mel! I see your little egg light shining. Glad to hear the frapps are all gone, and that you're making things very clear to the new arts and crafts person. It's cold and rainy here this morn, and I'd rather stay in bed than go to work, but...
I've got my fingers crossed for you getting the wheelchair that got left behind, it would be silly for them to leave it there doing nothing when you can always use an upgrade in wheels.
No trails for me today, maybe Friday if the weather improves. Meanwhile, I've procrastinated all I can - gotta hit the bathtub, whip up a smoothie, and skedaddle.
to all.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:02 AM   #103  

Default Good Morning Wonderful Worldly Chicks

So fun to read all your posts and catch up on the events. The trips coming up are going to be so exciting and we can enjoy them too right here...... hope all the arrangements go well.

I had a different Mother's Day. I did hear from the boys they seem to be doing quite well. I had a disagreement with my BF and I think I broke up him. That sounds wishy washy doesn't it......for now I am taking a long break from the relationship..... perspective for both of us.

Well, my van Brownie is gone and I have a used '98 subaru forrester sitting in my drive way now....I just got it on Monday....I was so emotional when I took my stuff out of Brownie the guy told me I could come back and visit my car any time.... pathetic. That van has been with me for so many changes and people coming and going.....many adventures.....

I hope that this finds everyone well.... the weight watching has been holding its own for me since my visit to the heart hospital..... I haven't been on a scale but am wearing new clothes that have been in my closet I couldn't fit into last year.....my mom is now home and recovering nicely.

I will try to get back here sooner to visit with ya'all have a great day and be good to yourselves.....
Peace,
Nae
Old 05-16-2007, 01:44 PM   #104  

Just in to say hello
Old 05-16-2007, 04:28 PM   #105  

Morning all
Rose good to hear from you again. Sorry if you have split with the b/f, but it may just need a cooling off period and a rethink and will be back again. Life takes some strange turns at times.
Well done on the new car. I was like that when I sold my first brand new car and bought the second. The second wasn't as good for a very long time. Now I am on the brink of selling it to get another - well after I get back from the US anyway and get some money together again.

Mel - don't even mention the tfg. I sincerely hope that I don't have to work with the git again for another 13 years. No they got in touch to ask me to do some remedial work with them - only a week but that's good for me. It also means that I can keep in touch and that they may think of me when further work comes along. Groote will be very pleasant at that time of year.

For the Canadians among us - my time in Ontario has been extended. I was advised by the travel agents assistant that staying in Calgary for more than a day is a no no. She has been there. So I now get to Toronto on the 10th June and will leave early on 16th and not the 14th. It will give me a chance to check out the 'real' place and maybe do a tour or two. Go to Ottawa or somewhere strange.

All this talk of laundries - I have a fair amount of washing to do but not enough of each variety to make a full load. We are only expected to use 140litres of water per person per day on the current restrictions. It is pointless doing half loads although it may come to that if I can't fill up the machine.
When you calculate out how much 140L comes to, (try dividing it by 6 for gallons) and then work out that you use 6litres every time you flush the loo, shower will take some more particularly if you like a long one - and don't even think about the bath since that could be your entire daily allowance. A bucket full to mop the floor is another 9 litres. Then consider things like cleaning teath, washing hands, cooking Etc etc. And we haven't even got onto the 2 litres we are supposed to drink per day. We are told we will be going to level 6 in Spring. Hallelujah - pray for rain.
Mind you I have to admit that the average daily rate hasn't hit 140L yet. Best we can do is 155L - a long long way from the politicians target - who we must add have contributed greatly to the problem over the years.

Ahhh well with that moan done, I had better hike myself down to the gym and do a work out - I STILL need to talk to them about renewal.
Closed Thread