Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #136  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MRS MADCAT....NEVER APOLOGIZE. WE DON'T PLAN THE THINGS THAT COME INTO OUR LIVES. SENDING MANY FOR ALL OF YOU. HOPE YOUR FRIEND GETS OUT FOR THE DAY. GOOD JOB SHE HAS YOU FOR A FRIEND TOO!
I FIXED THE KEYBOARD PROBLEM....IT JUST NEEDED A NEW "CHANNEL" FOR THE REMOTE.

HAVE A GREAT DAY
Old 05-20-2007, 10:31 AM   #137  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning ladies,

The sun is shining and it's a great day to work outside again though I daresay it better warm up some by the time Shad comes or she will think it's freezing outside.

Send you an email Shad with my phone numbers just so you have them. You are doing well with the gym routines. I guess I will leave the PUSH dvds out by the computer so when you get up at 4:30am you can get an early morning workout in while I'm still snoozing I know, I know - she's thinking - I'll just have to drag her downstairs and work along with me Rockport shoes are comfy as well as New Balance brand.

Good morning Mel - are you enjoying a quiet Sunday? I think you're getting part of this cool weather too.

Madcat - your post was not all about you. And even if it was, we are all entitled to them once in a while. You are a good friend to be there for your buddy and get her away for a bit. "Touching" things from home is so important - you don't realize it until you are away. Still sending good thoughts for your sister - sounds like she's a fighter.

Ceejay - good going on losing some inches. Hope you can tolerate the new meds. Isn't that frustrating about the bed? Goes to show you that sometimes spending a bit more does not ensure better quality.

Would have to agree that weeds spread faster in the wilderness. After all, the wind is just at the ready to blow all those seeds around. Just look at woodlands that have been burnt. It's devistating but within a few years, everything is green again. The power of nature...

Well I would have liked to go to the garden center today to get a few more flowers to plant in the pots we have scattered across the yard but that counts as fun stuff and I can't do the fun stuff until the "gotta get done no matter what" stuff gets finished. And it isn't. I even got up early this morning so I could spend a bit more time having coffee with y'all. The good thing is that I'm not in panic mode yet. Still have a comfy cushion to get things off my to do list. Just can't be over confident and a slacker about it.

I would love to make breakfast but the eggs are in the refrigerator in the garage and I can't walk through the porch to get there because Mr. Feral Cat decided to trot in at 7:30 and plop himself down for a snooze. I think the poor fellow is feeling his age recently. DH was watching him on the fence yesterday and he was stepping gingerly and seem reluctant to make that 6 foot leap off the fence to the ground as if he just can't handle jarring those old bones. Poor guy. At least he gets a once a day good meal at our house.

Oh and on the theme of Memphis in May. Yesterday was the World Championship Barbeque Contest down by the river. Considered by many to be the highlight of Memphis - it's a pretty incredible thing. People who put the SERIOUS in barbequing. The contestants have little bays where they cook, you can be an invited guest and stay in their little square. There are also a few commercial places where you can come in and eat but most of the stuff being cooked is not for sampling by the general public. I debated about taking you all down there - this was a good year because it was not hot and buggy and oh my - it didn't rain for a change turning the place into a giant mudpit as usual. In the end I decided to save you all the calories and we'll just have a nice boxed lunch as we walk the wooded trails down the road It's a smooth path for Mel's chair too.

I think it's time to go feed the cats. Happy Sunday ladies.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy--Did you have to mention the bar b q.? I 've been wanting some good bar b q for a long time. In fact I'm planning on having bbq on Memorial day.

Mel--don't strain you eyes.

Wearing the pedometer today. I've already walked a .7 miles but not all at the same time.

Lisa told me this morning that Retha was late for work Friday night. Tim came in to relieve Bud at 7 p.m. She got here at 10.30 p.m. I'm thinking that since she is already on a written warning that she doesn't care any more and wants to be fired. I'm trying my best to stay out of the situation.

It's time for lunch. And I'm thankful that work has been slow this morning. The fire truck left out about 7 a.m. They always blow there horn when they get to the building because of the traffic light but it literally brings me out of my chair.

Have a good day.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:39 PM   #139  
Happy September

CEEJAY~ GOOD GOING ON THE PEDOMETER!! ANY STEP IS A GOOD STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. GOOD GIRL STAYING OUT OF THE WORK SITUATION. KEEP A ZIP ON THE LIP!!

HAPPY~ I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A BOXED LUNCH WITH YOU AND THE CHICKS IN THE WOODS!! I'LL EVEN GIVE YOU A RIDE!!! DID YOU SAY BBQ?!?!?! YUM YUM!!! I LOVE BBQ ANYTHING. I THINK I WOULD EVEN EAT FISH IF IT WAS DONE ON A BBQ!!
HOW LUCKY MR FERAL CAT IS THAT YOU ARE SO CONSIDERATE OF HIM. BET HE APPRECIATES IT TOO. POOR OLD SOD. HAVE A GREAT DAY WITH THE TO DO LIST....MINE IS PROGRESSING SLOWLY....(SURE IT IS)

I CAME BACK AGAIN TO BRAG: I CALLED THE ARTS&CRAFTS NEW BOSS LADY. ALTHOUGH I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK DIRECTLY WITH HER, I LEFT A MESSAGE ON HER WORK ANS. MACHINE TOLD HER NOW THAT FRAN IS GONE I LOST MY ASSISTANT AND ALSO MY SHOPPER.....THAT I DON'T FIT IN STORES LIKE THAT...AND MAYBE SHE SHOULD JUST GO ABOUT ORDERING CRAFTS HERSELF AND THAT SHE CAN GET BACK TO MY BOSS AS TO THE DATE AND CRAFT SHE CHOOSES. SAYING ALSO THAT I WAS SORRY I WASN'T AVAILABLE TILL AFTER THE 10TH...WHAT WITH THE ELECTION AND A VISITOR.
I AM BACKING OFF LIKE I PROMISED MYSELF. GOTTA SAY THAT AFTER I MADE THE CALL, I FELT RELIEVED AND MORE IMPORTANTLY... WELL JUSTIFIED IN DOING IT TOO.
THERE IS NOTHING SHE CAN DO EXCEPT BE WITCHY ABOUT IT...AFTER ALL I HAVE THE WHEELCHAIR CARD!! JUST WANTED TO BRING YOU UP TO DATE. STANDING TALL TODAY!
Old 05-20-2007, 11:28 PM   #140  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Think we might have to stay away from the bbq even if only for Mel's sake. She would be back in there whinging about the weight gain at the end of the week.
If you have a bbq in the yard Mel, I will take you out for a bbq on the whatever date it happens to be. Losing track of the time and days here.

Jumped on the scales this morning and saw a number I haven't seen in a long, long, long while. It won't stay, but it's something to work to. I find that during the week the weight goes up and down and up and down. All due to fluctuations in the water level and food choices no doubt. As long as it doesn't keep going up I am happy. Gonna take a bit of an effort while on holiday tho' Apparently I have to try out Poutine (my young ice hockey player friend tells me it is very more-ish but then he is 19 and keeps fit to play hockey) and I have to try out Beaver Tails - whatever that might happen to be. Again supposedly more-ish. Not to mention Tim Hortons coffee etc. etc. etc. Canada - the gastronomic delight!!

I'm slowly getting into panic mode. I haven't done so much. Went to the dentist this morning. He gave me the good news (for him) that there is $732 worth of treatment to be done. He wants to do most of it in one sitting - I told him to make an appointment with my bank manager and see if I can get a personal loan.
Car needs service. The DB2 and the DS2 are going to organise it between them. Hmmmmmm!
Packing is continuing. I need to pick up some more biscuits for my Kiwi friend in AZ but can't find what I am looking for without going great distances. I was going to get some in Auckland on the way through but now realise that I have to take it as cabin baggage and the Homeland Security may find a bomb in the chocolate chip cookies. I'd much prefer to take it in the main baggage. Aaah well I will work on it.

And talking of working on it - better get on with it. I promised to ring AZ today. It's getting late and I'd better do it before she goes to bed or whatever.

See yah
Old 05-21-2007, 07:45 AM   #141  
Happy September

POOR SHADDIE ON THE RUN GETTING THINGS IN ORDER. TOO BAD ABOUT THE $$ FOR THE DENTIST...ARE YOU TRYING TO HELP HIM RETIRE IN LUXURY??
HOPE YOU GET YOUR TO DO LIST DONE
NO BBQ IN THE BACK YARD....THEY THINK WE MIGHT SET THE BLDG ABLAZE AND THEY ARE RIGHT!

I AM IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM...WELL NOT RIGHT THIS MINUTE...BUT SOON TO PUT THE CLOTHES IN THE DRYER. I JUST MIGHT HAVE MY OWN LIST DONE BEFORE SHAD GETS HERE. GONNA EAT AND RUN.
HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE! !
Old 05-21-2007, 08:27 AM   #142  
Choose your hard

Hiya peeps,

Seems like everyone is busy running to and fro. Guess I'll join the conga line

A full week this week but only working 3 days next week. The clock hands are spinning way too fast. Like Shad there is much to do.
Must ... stay ... focused ...

Sorry to hear about the dentist Shad. I pretty much got the same thing from mine - must be that time of season. Worse thing about getting older is body parts wearing out. Some things you can help, some like teeth - you can't. It's a plot to keep us working long after we'd rather stop I think. I'm sure that was not welcome news on top of already anticipated expenses.

I think we can do BBQ for Mel. Doesn't have to be traditional pork dripping with sauces. Grilled fish or chicken with some grilled veggies. We'll get her eating right. Last night was grilled pork chops and some fresh green beans with a touch of freshly cooked bacon bits, a small baked potato with a dash of butter, salt, pepper and some fresh dill. Yum Salmon and swordfish are on the menu for tonight.

I'm so glad. All the TV shows I watched have ended their seasons. There is nothing on the telly for me to watch any more which means I can focus my evenings more productively. I would love to get out and work in the yard some also. The warm weather is creeping back again, these last few mornings have been perfect.

Ceejay - what are you planning on cooking next Monday for the holiday? I strapped my pedometer on yesterday too. How many steps in a mile? Can't wait to get my new one - this one is a bit off on counting. I chose free super shipping from Amazon.com and it's taking about a month to get my stuff. I should have just paid the 7 dollars for shipping and had the stuff in hand.

Well I'm babbling and I need to get to the office so ta ta. Happy Monday ladies of the world.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:12 AM   #143  

Hey all, Shad is busy and going into that panic mood. The trip sounds so exciting I can hardly wait to read all the posts as you travel across this country and North.....
Mel, hope youare feeling better with the eye.
Happy your meals sound fabulous..... I finally went over and had dinner with the BF last night and things have shifted for me so it went well for my heart. I am still working on how to be a friend to him and redefine our relationship in that way...it will come in time just not yet.
I had a house full of company on Saturday night and it was a hoot...so many people and so many laughs it was so good for me. Great group of people. They are probably freezing and trying to stay dry on that river for a few days.
Well gals just a quick howdy..... oh Toby tried to chase off a mule deer this morning which the deer was not happy about and charged him a couple of times and then little teeka all 3lbs of her ran out the door to join the advance... even with me yelling that deer was pissed at that dog...but finally it turned and ran off and the two dogs felt victorious....what a site.......
Have a great day alll!!!!!!!!
Blessings,
Nae
Old 05-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #144  

Morning all,
Well the last of the flights have been booked. I'm eternally grateful to Carla for all her suggestions. I now have a seat on the 7.00am to Toronto from Ottawa which will connect with the Calgary flight now shifted to 10.10am. All booked, all paid for. Credit card is paid off as well. Now I can begin to spend!!
It seems Ruth will not be able to meet us in Toronto which will be sad. But there you go, life is what happens when you make plans to do other things. Holly - are you still okay? Poor Madcat is off and running with friends and family situations. I shall completely understand if it doesn't work out for you Miss Mad.
Thanks for the e-mail Happy. I've put it on my itinerary for those at home should they need to contact me. I'm taking my tempermental mobile as well. People should be able to contact me direct - for a price - which means they won't talk too long.
My work agent suggested getting an American chip once I am there, but the technology sounds to much for this antiquated brain to follow. I like things simple.
Rose - it's such a shame we can't meet on this trip. The nearest I come to you is Vancouver apart from being on the train. I don't know if or when I'll be back again but it's a funny old world and all sorts of interesting things happen.
Haven't heard from Meadow for a while - are you okay up there in the wilderness? Also where is Carla. She has replied to my PM's but she is not here making a splash with her wit and eruditism (is there such a word?)

Okay - gotta go. Decided not to go to gym today. I'll do a dvd tonight to help me sleep. Too much else to do. Gotta sweep and tidy the house, print out my itinerary for the DS2, and a whole raft of other things - my list keeps getting longer and longer.
I want everything to be ready by dinner time tonight - no excuses. No overnight panic here

Mind you - I could just forget the luggage and buy everything I need over there I suppose!
Old 05-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

just popping into say hello. A busy day of chores at work.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:44 PM   #146  
Happy September

I WAS JUST READING WHERE THERE IS INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE THAT EATING THE NEW ZEALAND GREEN-LIPPED MUSSEL IS EFFECTIVE IN TREATING OSTEO-ARTHRITIS. ALL I CAN SAY IS THAN GOD....CAUSE I CANNOT IMAGINE EATING ANYTHING WITH GREEN LIPS!
I'LL BE BACK TO COMMENT TOMORROW.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:14 PM   #147  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELODY525 View Post
ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK GOD....CAUSE I CANNOT IMAGINE EATING ANYTHING WITH GREEN LIPS!
The froggies of the world hope that includes them too!
Old 05-22-2007, 12:06 AM   #148  

BON VOYAGE, SHAD!

Travel safely,arrive well-rested.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:39 AM   #149  

Default This is it.

Not quite as finished as I would like it to be but darn it, it's late and I'm tired. I've taken out all the phone numbers - shoot, should have taken out the email addys too I think. Oh it looks like I did. Well what else - I think I threw out the brain with the garbage today.
I've mislaid the shed key, but it has to be here somewhere. I know where it was, but not where it is now. It'll turn up no doubt.

Half the teaspoons went in the garbage instead of the drawer today. Time to switch off I think.

Right drink and bed. You might get something more coherent out of me tomorrow morning.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Grand Tour 2007 2.doc (48.5 KB, 22 views)
Old 05-22-2007, 07:50 AM   #150  

HI,
It was our long weekend last weekend. Yesterday was all about relaxing. I have today off. Not much to do. Hubby has gone to work. Kids will be in school. I have Avon to pack. Calls to make. Minimal cleaning and dishes to do.
Sunday night we had a great party!! We had about 6 families and a couple single guys. Lots of fireworks, toasting marshmallows.....I drank way too much but thoroughly enjoyed it.Now I am done for the year. DD was up til midnight. DS and Dnephew were up until 1 am.
Sis and family stayed til 3pm yesterday. It was soooooooo nice out, 19C. Sunday it never got above 10C.

HUGS!!!

I will try to get back later. I need to read more carefully about plans for Toronto etc. HUGS again!!
Closed Thread