Old 05-07-2007, 05:39 PM   #16  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It has been another cloudy day in my corner of the world, but NO rain so far today! As I drove home from school I noticed a few houses that had carpet out on the driveway plus ServiceMaster and the local carpet cleaner trucks had huge hoses coming out of the houses. Evidently they were pumping out basement water. I'm sure Bob got a few calls today! The TV said we got 6", but our rain gauge said 3" -- it was alot in a short amount of time. The one sump pump hole has just a trickle coming in this afternoon. I guess there is another round of thunderstorms/rain coming this weekend.

"Gma" -- I would think the PTA would/should have some sort of fund to pay for catered food. It is alot to ask anyone to fix food for 70 people, I think. Do the different grades have room mothers? Perhaps they could pitch in to pick up food, help set up, and clean up. You are a nice mom/grandma to help out. I'm sorry to hear about Alicia and hope that things continue to be status quo until the baby decides it is time to arrive. I don't think I would like any of the bands either. Now if it was Neil Diamond, Elvis, Andy Williams, or anyone who sings and you can understand the lyrics, I might give going some serious thought.

Susan -- I hope you are feeling better soon! It's hard to function when you don't feel good.

Bob is at church for practice and I need to do some more laundry. I hate working in a wet basement, but at least it is not standing water.

Have a relaxing evening and a terrific Tuesday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #17  

Good morning ladies! I am getting ready to go shower and then go out and do my morning walk. I have been remiss in doing it for a couple weeks now with being sick and such so have to get back up on the horse. I only have 3 weeks and the pool opens though so I really look forward to that cold water and all.

Susan: Hope you get to feeling better really quick. It is tough to have what you have, work and then be a caregiver. You take care of yourself!

Jean: The PTA does have a fund to pay for the main part of the food, but not to cater it so Kelly and I have to go pick it up and go set it up. I don't know who she has lined up to contribute salads, rolls and such. I just think she takes on too much sometimes with no way of doing it all. Sorry you have such a mess at your house. I think that is why they don't build houses with basements here because of the flood plane. Most places have attics or crawl spaces above the house here.

I have a feeling we are going to have one hot and sticky summer, which is good as far as the pool goes, but sure will be hard on Jack if he has a lot of outdoor work or work in the blower building where the temps get up to 130 degrees.

I am stalled with T's blanket at the moment. I bought the wrong yarn and have to take it back to Walmart and go to Michael's and get the right stuff. I need to get on the stick about it though so I can get it done. I still have wiggle room, but I don't like coming down to the wire. I am progressing nicely on the ribbon top and got the tank to go under it yesterday and the color compliments beautifully so that will look nice. I also got my big shirt and it blends with my pear green shell nicely too. so, I am not ready for summer pretty much as well as wherever we decide to vacation this year.

I guess I better get a move on. It will be 7 before you know it and I like to get at out early and get the torture done with for the day! lol

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:26 PM   #18  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! We saw the sun today, but now the clouds have arrived. They are big, white poufy ones so I hope there is NO rain in them. The idiot DOT decided to turn a 4 lane into 3 on one of the main routes into town; I usually go that way to school and today they started. It was wait in line for a flagman who had no clue how to do the job. I will go through town from now on and grump the whole time probably. That street will turn into a race track, I'm afraid, and there are houses with kids all the way.

"Gma" -- Since we've had so much rain, the farmers are thinking there will be another drought come July when they could use a good day of solid rain. There's not much we can do about the weather except complain! Have you ever heard of a department store called Boscov's? I have been looking online for a doll stroller/carrier/bed set for Zowie's birthday just like the one I got for Maddy. I finally found a bunch of sites and picked this one. It doesn't say how long it will take to get here or where it's being shipping from. I just hope it isn't in China somewhere. Her birthday is the 20th so I want it by then. I've been looking through all the sites on google and finally went to yahoo which had different ones to visit. Hope you get your yarn so you can get your blanket done for T. Do you knit as much during the summer months?

I'm off to call my "mom" for our Tuesday chat. Have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote