Old 04-26-2007, 12:14 AM   #16  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. I did pretty good today. Didn't get as much excercise as I would like, but hey, it was a busy day. Hope everyone is fantastic! I am only 1 pound away from my first mingoal! Wooohoo.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:07 AM   #17  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Ladies, count me in!! I started my diet at the beginning of last week. I've been doing well with eating, and have exercised 5 times last week and 2 times so far this week. I'm going to start WW tommorrow, and do a combination of WW and counting calories. I'm trying to lose 55-65 lbs. Although my first mini goal is 25 lbs by the end of August.
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:07 AM   #18  
Chick working hard

S/C/G: 225/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Hey ladies, I am really glad that there is so much encouraging words going around. Losing weight is a mind set and I think that if we continue to remind ourselves that is the ultimate goal then success is sure to follow.

I was reading a book, Thin Within, and I realized something. I have been holding on to weight because of past hurt and I used food to try and fill a void. The past has been hanging on to me and causing me to indulge relentlessly because I never dealt with the problem head on.
I would like to share that through the grace of God, I've realized what's gotten in the way of progress and I am so glad to release (not lose) the weight I have held on to for far too long along with you. I've always "wanted" to be skinnier but lacked the ability to look within myself to see the root of the problem. It wasn't because all of a sudden I was an overweight person. I just wasn't content with who I was. I am smiling now and I know that I am beautiful now and equally so when I do lose the weight.

Well, now that I have shared that. I am glad to say that I weighed myself today out of curiosity, and found that even after drinking about 32 oz of water before I weighed 219...I am going to go to the gym tomorrow and weigh myself again before I eat or drink anything and see what that says before I change my ticker. Oh yeah, today I exercised a great deal: I walked on the Stairmaster at the newest LA Fitness they opened in Tucson (which was pretty sweet) and went for 2.15 miles, 30 min, and "burned" 300 calories...then I went to a friend's house and cleaned for another hour and a half (I'm sure that burned off something ) Well even though I ate a few extra calories today, I am pretty pleased with my self control and motivation to get out and move.

I'm going to Phoenix tomorrow to spend some time with my Momma and friday is my bro's birthday so I will be placed in a position to compromise my progress but I want to affirm that I will stand strong and remember that I can refuse. I also do not want to have more than one drink a day of alcohol because I dramatically slows calorie burn, which I am trying to up. I hope to be able to let you know how I did tomorrow, and I pray that you ladies have a powerful day!!

Last edited by gotworktodo; 04-26-2007 at 03:13 AM. Reason: grammar
gotworktodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:15 AM   #19  
Chick working hard

S/C/G: 225/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

By the way, I'll be going to the gym when I am in Phoenix too, most likely on Friday! See you tomorrow!
gotworktodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:29 AM   #20  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

babenwaitiing~ your dinner sounded so yummy. Thanks for the support and advice. Today is a new day and I can do this

sockmonkey~ way to go getting to that goal. can't wait to be able to share that news as well.

gotwork- You got it together girl. Keep that up and you will shed that 60 pounds in no time.

You all are wonderful just reading these posts has gave me a whole new mind set for WILL POWER I didn't have dieting alone
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:29 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Default Top 'o The Morning, Ladies!

Hey there ... so glad to see so many of you popping in to update us on your doings, and cheer everybody else on!

to Mamaplots! So happy to have you with us! Your plan sounds excellent, and WW is, IMHO, one of the best of the structured programs to get into. Your goal for August is certainly do-able, and we will cheer you on!

Losing, yes, you can do this! If you can make yourself do it, I would start that food diary ... then you can SEE your progress when you look back day to day, and note what meals you really enjoyed, that helped you stay on your plan. I have certain mini-meals/foods that keep me going ... If I know I'm going to have bacon (2 slices) and sliced tomato on a toasted Everything Bagel mini-square (170 cal.) for breakfast, it's such a treat that I don't mind *dieting* the rest of the day. Just had that this morning ... YUM! Have a good day today!

Gotwork, I think you're so right about eating to fill a void. I believe we all do that ... Glad you enjoyed the book so much, and that it was meaningful to you. Way to go with your exercise ... you must have burned a zillion calories yesterday! Just do your best with the food when you're with your family. When I travel, if I can eat moderately and just hold the line, I'm proud of myself. (Something about being with family makes you hungry, doesn't it? )

So, Sock, you are just one lb. from mini-goal. YAY for you!!! What are your favorite forms of exercise? At the moment, I am doing long walks but also plan to get back to water aerobics (maybe even today) and the weight machines over the next few weeks. Keep up the good work, Sock!

Well, girlies, have a terrific day. Our thought for today: let's don't *try* ... Let's DO! Together we CAN do it!
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:45 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default ugh! so upset, i have been writing down every

bite, started exercising this week and have done it faithfully. have stuck to my 1400 cals or under (but not drastically under...generally in the almost to 1400 range)....and what happens....i gained 2lbs..... it's so darn discouraging. i feel like i'm never gonna get out of these 180's for pete's sake.
tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #23  

Tracyg, I'm betting you're holding fluid from salty food ... sometimes foods are loaded with sodium and we don't realize it, and if you're a "retainer", that can shoot your weight up overnight by as much as 2 to 4 lbs. Has happened to me many times, then it will drop within a day or two if your calories are in line.

Why don't you put the nasty old scale away , and not give it another thought until we weigh in on Monday? Since you know your calories are as they should be, then you KNOW your body is changing as we speak, even though the scale says otherwise ... I usually weigh everyday but I'm trying not to, as it's not the best indicator, day to day, of how you're doing. Chin up, you'll be fine, Tracy!

Okay, ladies, I've walked for the fourth day in a row ... taking a bow here ... on to the shower and the store!!!

Olivia
Old 04-26-2007, 10:51 PM   #24  

Well, ladies, back to sign off for the fourth day. I hope when I get up tomorrow that I'll find notes from some of you as to how today went for you.

Unfortunately, I had more like 1600 than 1400 cals. today because I didn't realize how many calories were in the veggies I was eating. But that's okay ... Just have to be more careful in future.

Have a great day tomorrow, girls! for us all!

Olivia
Old 04-27-2007, 08:18 AM   #25  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Babenwaiting~ Yum is right for your breakfast too. Can I come stay out your house while dieting I'm proud of myself for yesterday I did great. Think I'm even down a pound. I guess what your saying is write it down like it or not right? I know sooner or later I will have a mental of the cals I'm eating and will not have to go looking for all that info.

Tracyg- Thats is one of the hardest things when dieting you do everything right and the scale still doesn't move. I can sometimes go a week or two when giving it my all and not lose a pound.... then all of a sudden I drop 4 pounds. It's hard waiting though we all understand that. Keep your head up it will move soon...keep up the wonderful work too

TGIF
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:34 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default back today and persevering

it's still early in the day. it's hard not to feel somewhat pessimistic, but that's me for ya.....
hoping i can have a few extra good willpower wishes. I am chaperoning my dd's allnight gymnastics slumber party/food fest...sigh.....but as it's a fundraiser, i really can't bow out. wish me luck!
hope all the rest of us are doing well. not sure i'll be on this weekend but will definitely check back on monday.
tracyg

Last edited by tracyg40; 04-27-2007 at 10:34 AM. Reason: oops
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #27  

Ladies, I will ask Suzanne to move this Thread after weigh-in on Monday to the general Support Group section (not under a sub-heading as it is now). You'll just click on Support Groups, and it will be there. Don't know what I was thinking when I posted it under the Challenge section! That will give anybody who's already posted with us time to read this notice that we're moving, okay?

Tracy & Losing, good to see your notes today! Tracy, you must be OPTIMISTIC , as they say, "You can if you THINK you can." You have lost 4 lbs. so far, and that is great, and except for fluid fluctations, that's 4 lbs. you will not see AGAIN! I see that you are 5' tall, and that makes it a little more difficult for you. I have 9 more inches of height to spread the pounds out, and am heavier so I might lose a bit faster. But you know you are losing so keep up the good work! Good luck with your daughter's gathering tonight. Maybe you can take your own light munchies and diet sodas, and not eat what you're serving the girls, if that would make it easier? How many days per week does your daughter work out with her gymnastics, and how old is she? I can never watch the balance beam ... Just for you:

Losing, so you had a good day yesterday!!! (Come on over and eat at my house, but it's not too exciting sometimes! ) That's super! I'm sure you will have another good one today. It really helps me to write things down ... I like to review my progress and smile to myself, and say, yes, I did it yesterday and I can today!

Let's hope we hear from some of our other ladies today, and at the same time, I'd like to say to anyone reading this ... please feel free to join this new thread of ours if you'd like. We'd love to have you, if you're looking for an active, supportive thread, with people determined to get ahead of these pounds!!!

I'm having a good day, so far 650 calories, so that leaves me 750 for Friday night fun. Let's all send GotWork good vibes for willpower, and hope that she is having a great time with her family in Phoenix this weekend!

Have a fun weekend, all ... will be checking in now and then!

Olivia

Last edited by babenwaiting; 04-27-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:37 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Default roaring to go

Hi I'm ready to go and lose some weight. I can use some support too. I've lost one pound after two weeks, and need to start exercising. I'm counting points and drinking water. I'd love to chat and weigh in on Mondays. I'm having trouble surfing this system and learning how to design my page. Flow
flowingair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:01 PM   #29  

Hi Ladies!
What a wonderful thread this is... so encouraging and full of nice tips and support. Just what we all need!!
I'll tell you what's motivating; going back and looking at all your pictures in your scrapbook albums or photo's on your computer. OUCH! I just went to a horror movie.. MINE! Sorry, that didn't sound very nice, but someone had some pictures of a bunch of us that I just looked at and I was appalled. I can't believe that I look like this. Not only am I super overwieght, I look very unhappy. Wow... I think I've been truly motivated.
Tracyg Keep up the good work and here's some will power dust for you!! You can do it. It will be worth it in just a few days. I had the same problem when I started exercising and dieting, I gained weight. It was so discouraging and eventually I caved in. I wish I would have just stuck too it but it was pretty weird not losing weight and dieting and exercising. If you can just hold out I'm sure you'll start losing in no time. Plus, exercise helps speed up the metabolism. Don't forget to drink your water! Great job on your weight loss, Sockmonkey mamaplots Great job on your exercise plan! Good for you. gotworktodo Your post really inspired me to look more inward to see why I'm having such an issue with dieting. I think I'll pick up that book you mentioned and see if I can glean any insights. Thanks for posting about that and I'm glad it helped you out! babenwaiting you are so inspiring: full of great ideas, tips and encouragements. I really need this support so I'm glad I found ya! Good for you on your exercising.
I think I'll try counting calories too. It sounds easier than trying to eat dried rice cakes with alfalfa sprouts 24/7.
Unfortunatey, I have some committments coming up that will really be hard to diet through. Weddings, scrapbooking events, tea, Mother's Day... and the list goes on. I'm going to have to plan in my mind what I can do to help myself stay focused on eating light and healthy so I don't fall off this new start.
Anyone have any good soup recipes that are lowfat, low cal?
Oh.. and if I didn't mention the newbies:
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:34 PM   #30  

Welcome, flowingair! The more the merrier ... Congrats on the lb. you've already lost! I think we are going to have a very supportive group here, and so happy that you're a part of it!

Sugarbaby, thanks for your compliments! It's easier to keep going and accept a healthier eating style if we are doing it with others. Here's a link to an excellent diet/meal-planning site if you're interested: http://www.womansday.com/health/8443...loss-plan.html . It gives good advice, easy to follow. I think we all need ideas on what to eat now and then. I've been dieting on and off like forever, but I get in a rut and need new choices.

You asked about soup ... I've gotten lazy, and frequently use Progresso's Chicken Noodle and Chicken w/ Wild Rice, also Beef Vegetable Barley (? exact name escapes me) and their Manhattan Clam Chowder. They have a few soups like those that are THIN broth-based, no thickener. They have about 200/220 calories in the whole can, and I stretch that with with a cup of canned tomatoes. I end up with a huge bowl of soup for about 250 calories .. very satisfying. Sometimes I'll add an ounce of Tostitos, which are delicious soaked in the soup, and YUM ... a great meal.

Yes, Sugarbaby, those photos will get you motivated! I put them on my fridge sometimes just for the shock of it. They've helped me walk out of the kitchen more than once ...

Again, welcome, flowingair , and come back often to chat!

Olivia