Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 05:40 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good afternoon Floozies!

This weekend, we said goodbye to the in-laws. They'll be traveling all summer and will return in the fall. Hopefully the RV park will be able to rent out our spot for a while so we generate some income to offset the payments we've been making all winter! I doubt it though--the place kind of closes up for the summer (except for the year-round dwellers) because it gets so darn hot here.

I've recommitted myself to my diet. I've been thinking about it (again!) for weeks and thinking I might go on a "real" diet for a few weeks. But a friend in another thread is having similar issues with staying on track and she started a thread about sticking to it for 21 days and I've joined her for that. My goals are to not drink wine (I know, I know--don't remind me that I've been there, done that!), start exercising again (but not the daily thing I did in January--I think I just got burned out) and staying OP with my eating. I almost always do this anyway--I'll just need to keep my nose out of the pantry in the afternoon when I hear the nuts and crackers calling my name. Right now, (don't look at the ticker) I have 9.5 pounds to go to goal. Perhaps by July or August I'll be there!!!!

I've got to go to the doctor again soon (yearly stuff) and I want to make sure that I'm lower than I was last year!! He was very happy with me last year and I don't want to blow it this year. It usually takes weeks to get into see him, so I've got a little leeway to go there.

Hugs to everyone suffering with sickness or injury (theirs or their loved-ones). And congrats to all of you losers!!!

Oh, update on DD. Did I tell you all that she flunked AP English? Well, now she's flunking AP US History. You'd think that now that she is no longer working she'd be able to get her homework done. We're working (I should say she's working) on getting the work done to get her grades up so her semester grade (the one that determines her GPA) is at least a C in these two classes. If not, she'll have to repeat the classes as a senior and that means her hopes of a short day senior year will not come true! Her fault--not mine. And if she doesn't get her grades up, good luck to her getting into the college she wants to attend.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #32  

Hello

CONGRATS to all the losers this week!!!! I was down 2 lbs. this week. Total of 25.4 but I did 25 lbs. on my tracker.

I really liked Dr.Ezell (Urologist). My urine test "still" showed quite a bit of blood in my urine. It's been 4 months of this! He did an exam on me (don't you just love those ladies?!....spread wide!) He said he thought it was the Urethia that was causing the problem. But after the exam, he now thinks it's my bladder itself.
I have to go next Wednesday the 9th at 9:00 @ the "Urology Surgery Center" for a CT. I have a bottle of Barium Sulfate that I have to drink 2 hours before the test. He said if I felt good I could go on to work.He said some people gets sick to their stomach. Mrs.Chamberlain (Principal) told me that when she had hers done she had to go home and to bed.It make her feel aweful. So..We'll wait and see how I feel afterwards.

He also wants to do the scope and see whats going on and do surgery if nessasary.Which means he'll have to put me to sleep. I told him that this was a terrible month to do it.It was so hard to take off with school closing this close. He finally agreed that this could be done when I'm out of school. (thank goodness!)

Wayne's parents are both wanting to come home. (MIL in rehab nursing home...FIL still in hospital). Wayne wants us to move in and take care of them. I don't want to because of things that were said to me this weekend. (hurt my feelings after all I've done). Anyways,Wayne is going to go Mon. through Thursday after work and stay all night. I know it sounds like I'm a mean person..but I'm not. I'll tell you later what all happened over the weekend. I have more less washed my hands with it all.

Got to wash dishes. I'll post again tomorrow night.

Hugs...
Old 05-02-2007, 02:24 AM   #33  

Location: Southeast Asia. That's why my postings look like middle of the night.

S/C/G: 178/177/??

Height: 5' 3.5"

Suzy, congratulations on those huge workouts you're getting in
the garden.

Alison, best wishes with your 21 day diet adventure. It's great that
you and your friend will be jumping in together.

Sherry, I wanted to give you my support as you take the brave step of
not moving in with your MIL/FIL. Even if moving in would require at
least as much courage I still think risking seeming "mean" also takes
courage. Sometimes I think there is more social pressure on heavy
women than on thin women to be "nice" and not to get offended by
rude behavior. I'm not saying that's the case for your family, but it's
something I think about for myself when you mention your situation.

Lisa
Old 05-02-2007, 06:03 AM   #34  

Sherry-Yay on the WI!! You are doing fantastic. Ugh on the barium. I remember the taste of that from my years of stomach problems. Hopefully everything will turn out well for you. In-laws! It's a love-hate relationship. Of course, you know mine is all hate My MIL sent Mike a large check on my deceased BIL's birthday. She can be nice sometimes, but only sometimes!!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:22 AM   #35  
Janice

Sherry - We all know you don't have a "mean" bone in your body. You are one of the most giving people that I know. Don't let the pressure get to you. It's too much to expect you to totally give up your life. CONGRATULATIONS on the Weight Loss - you go girl!!
I have hit a plateau for the past week. I think I need to kick in the exercise to get things moving again. I have not cheated on the program.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:17 AM   #36  

Hello all,

My husband and I are having dinner with another couple at their
invitation, and I'm a bit nervous how I'll balance the diet with
the social situation.
Also I'm a bit frustrated about the general situation where I end up
consuming hidden calories and fats in foods that are beyond my control.
If I'm going to consume those fats and calories I darn well better get
the max possible enjoyment out of them! (not to mention getting
some good omega fatty acids or whatever possible nutrition.)

I think it'll be fine, but it's on my mind. I've really stuck to my
diet for several weeks now and the results have been good, and
I don't want to lose momentum.

After tonight, we have another invitation for Saturday. Why
didn't we have these social opportunities when I wasn't dieting?

The bright side is, this is good practice for maintenance phase.
Lisa
Old 05-03-2007, 05:47 AM   #37  

Lisa-Good for you, on practicing your maintenance with the upcoming dinners.

Janice-You know where I am (on the workout thread.) Please join me and Lisa!

My mom and dad decided to go home last night. They just felt so out of place here. Nothing has been started at their condo yet, so when they do start, I'm sure they will come back. It turns out my dad didn't want to make us feel bad by going home. I have the best parents in the world. I told them that was ridiculous and if they want to go back, we won't feel bad. I just hope the mold doesn't hurt them.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:24 AM   #38  

Update: The fancy restaurant dinner went great. I kept my calories
low, but in a way that was polite and didn't trigger anybody to ask me
what's wrong or what's my problem. For an appetizer, I had beef
carpaccio, which is always sliced razor thin. It was decadent and served
on a huge plate but a small quantity of actual food. When people
were having their main course, I had spinach and lentil soup, which
was served in a wide flat bowl instead of a taller cup/bowl, so it didn't
look weird.
I was totally dying and in danger of going postal when every single
person at the table except me ordered dessert. Everybody ate the
desserts really slowly, offering me tastes, passing dishes around,
etc. We're talking cheesecake, creme brulee, and scoops of ice cream.
The end of the meal could not possibly have been any more
tempting. Not only did I decline, but I hid my agony so convincingly
that nobody (except my husband) noticed.
That was the test I set for myself and I totally aced it!

I can do it. I have the ability to stick to a low-calorie diet, I can decline
food, and I don't have to lose all my privacy about food choices just
because I'm in a social setting.

This may sound crazy, but before the dinner, I looked up the restaurant
and studied the menu so I could have more time to think about what I'd
be able to order. All the main courses would have been high fat and
it turns out they were also really large portions too.

As y'all might have noticed, I'm being pretty rigid about keeping to a
low-calorie diet, but so far, it's working for me. The first few weeks of
dieting were such an incredible wall of suffering and craving and hunger
and mental fog and clumsiness and even sometimes insomnia and nausea.
I don't know how I got to the other side of it, but now that I'm
"accustomed to" dieting, there is NO WAY I'm going through that
adjustment again.
I keep thinking of Scarlett O'Hara vowing never to go hungry again.
I have no idea whether the adjustment was sugar withdrawal, adjusting
to fewer calories, stomach shrinking, getting into ketosis, or what,
but I don't care.
I just want to keep up what I'm doing and not have to repeat
the process of starting.

Determined,
Lisa
Old 05-04-2007, 05:47 AM   #39  

Lisa-The first few days are always the hardest! Good for you staying OP and keeping the dessert tray and tasting at bay!
Old 05-04-2007, 07:46 AM   #40  
Janice

Way to go Lisa! It is hard when temptation is put in your way like that. I am a sugar junkie and the only way for me to really stick to a program is to stay clear of sugar. I have been on Low carb for about a month now but am going to switch to WW soon. I did low carb to get rid of the sugar cravings.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

I was sick so I lost this week but not a great way to lose! I expect to gain some of it back so not changing my clicker till next week. Between the end of the semester, my Mom had back surgery and my getting sick, things here have been crazy! Very happy to say, my Mom is doing great! Feels great and no more pain down her legs, able to sleep and no more hot and cold flashes. I am on the mend, I just had a flu bug, but it really got me this time!

I have been reading but not posting due to how things were. Hope things are back to normal for us and I will be able to post more!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:22 AM   #42  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I'm just popping in quick before I head off to mom's to see if Gayle had posted or if anyone has heard from her. The storms and tornados in Kansas have been horrible...I hope and pray that she and her friends and family are alright.

Lisa, you're doing great and did everything right when it comes to eating out...figure out what you are going to eat ahead of time and stick to it. Good going girl!

I wish I could take the time to post a reply to everyone, but I need to get moving. I hope everyone is doing well...especially those who haven't posted in awhile!
Old 05-06-2007, 09:14 AM   #43  

Suzy-I was unaware of the storms. I hope Gayle is okay.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #44  

Gayle,
Special prayers for you. PLEASE post soon and let us know if you're ok!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2007, 11:55 AM   #45  
Losing it!

I'm here girls. It is horrific what a storm can do. The town mentioned on the news is about 30 miles from us. In fact, some of the injured are coming here and we sent rescue units out there. Estimated 95% of the town is gone. Downtown area is demolished, nothing at all left. They are afraid with most of the city leveled, it will be days trying to find the people who went to their basements and are now trapped. They said the tornado was over 1 mile wide at the base. One town, the same night as this one was wiped out, would be under a warning, then lifted so people would come out of shelter, then another tornado would be sighted, before it was over with, the townspeople had to seek shelter three times with multiple tornadoes. Yesterday we were under a code red all day meaning prime conditions for tornado. Right now (Sunday) they are sending people to their basements with more tornado sightings. Thank goodness it isn't close to us. I have a new appreciation of tornadoes and we are set to go to our cellar if need be. They are coming in clusters this year and are a daily event. I will be so relieved when tornado season is over. Well I need to go, but thank you all so very much for your concern. I'll be back later to write more.
Closed Thread