Old 04-20-2007, 06:35 PM   #31  
loves kleenex box art

I have not lifted a finger but have a sparkling, brilliant shine house and perfect sorta yard. I have that man at the door the $50 to wash the house and $20 to do the back yard and it is AMAZING>>> You can see it flowing from down the street. Turns out, he used to be head of the cleaning crew for some big resort condo thing on the beach. Anyway, it feels great. Inside not great; Outside great.

Ella, habby bifday; when are you going to post a picture; like the rest of us; can be out of date.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:39 PM   #32  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hello Cowp, dahlink. I am actually going to allow my picture to be taken this weekend. I am HORRIBLY tempted to post one of myself five (just FIVE, dang it!!!) years ago when I weighed 30+ pounds less. But nope...Ima bitin' the bullet and lettin' it all hang out...

Thank you for the birthday wishes. You're a sweetheart, despite how hard you try not to be..

Where's Schatzi????

TTFN,

Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:39 PM   #33  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Cowpern!!!! Send Me A Picture Of Your Shiny Happy House---i Am Trying To Imagine Your Abode And Can't Picture It!xoxoxo Shiny Happy Houses Holding Hands!!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #34  
Ellabella

Bagzz...that's a wonderful-looking khat you have there. I'm jealous.

Shiny, happy houses???? Hmmmmm. You gonna send a pic, Cowp? Be sure to draw a smiley face on it.

I'm glad that you're happy with your lovely clean house & yard. I haven't dared look out back yet. I may need a stiff drink before I am able to do it.

E!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:45 PM   #35  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

peachers---do you still colour your hair the shade in your photo or have you let it go??? i wish i had those lovely curls-----it looks like a perfect annie hall type of outfit----i often wear a man's sports jacket with my jeans---i got it at frenchy's and it's part cashmere.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:51 PM   #36  
loves kleenex box art

Well at the time I thought it was sexy. The boyish dainty look or something. I'm hoping to fluff the hair up a bit tomorrow at the hairdressers but it's shorter and I'm wider.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:09 AM   #37  
Ellabella

The SUN was shining in my bedroom window this morning and woke me up! Can you IMAGINE???? SUN????

Schatzi forwarded her message to me last night about her husband. I know you all have provided her with support, and that some family members went down to be with her, but it must be so hard. It does sound like he's made it through in one piece, and that sure is a blessing. She's such a lovely lady, isn't she?

I'm not weighing myself today. I think once a week is too often. Maybe it isn't, but I just get too discouraged losing only one or two pounds each time after eating so carefully and exercising every day. Maybe if I switch to once a month, I'll see a little better progress. DH is going to buy me a mountain bike for my birthday, today...and I'm going to buy one for him. For his birthday, which isn't until August, but we decided to get them together so we could start riding right away. There's a really beautiful park less than a mile from our house with bike trails and a pond - very pretty, and a good place to ride. We're having a gala birthday supper at my daughter's tonight with all of the offspring and the offspring's offspring in attendance. Only the DS will be missing, and Lord, how I miss him!!! But he'll be back for a visit the last week in June (HIS birthday week... tsk) and then again for Christmas. I really, really look forward to those visits. He called on my birthday, which was nice, but not enough, yanno?

WE also have to drop my car off to have the muffler replaced...it's three years old, and this is the first repair I've had to do on it. It gets driven just about six hundred miles a week EVERY week, so it's held up pretty darned well. I guess we should think about trading it in before too long - before the mileage gets WAY up there and the trade-in value is nada - but I really hate to part with it, it's been so dependable.

Gotta go grocery shopping, too. Ack.

Have agood day, y'all...and enjoy that shiny new house of yours, Cowp...maybe you bettah keep your sunglasses on. Send us a pic of your new haircut???

TTFN,

Ella
Old 04-22-2007, 11:35 AM   #38  
loves kleenex box art

I know I'm not the only person who doesn't know what's going on with Shots' dh. It sounds serious and I hope for the best. I just offered a prayer for them.

This is my house. I took a picture with the sun shining on it but it was too bright.

Bagz, this story was in my daily newspaper yesterday. Adopt-a-sister. You send her money and she prays for you. In the newspaper, it says "This is a way for them to keep up their skills." And "Personal contact is encouraged." The online story certainly doesn't advocate personal contact and ... what skills exactly? Anyway, I found it very interesting.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #39  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Too bad i am about to read a book called "God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything"-----otherwise i would pray too----i am getting tired of all of the world not getting along and fighting cause THEIR GOD has told them to kill----i need more proof,and until i get it,i guess i am taking a time out from the god thing------------it's kind of a relief,although bound to be controversial----not quite like Don Imus, but Catholic Families tend to get all freaked out when you don't keep on with their beliefs----well, that's my Sunday School Lesson for today!---and peachers ,your sweet little house shines like the morning sun----adorable!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 01:17 PM   #40  
loves kleenex box art

I forgot to send the link.

Bagz, you still go to church weekly, don't you? That is one of my towers of strength that you and your mom will stop ANYWHERE on Sunday and hunt down a church.

The area around two sides of my house used to have little shrubs which died and the nice-man took the out and threw them away somewhere. He said to put pine straw or mulch in there. It's too big for me to haul mulch home for an too expensive. It would many bags. Any other suggestions? BAGZ?? WABBY??? Any other gardeners??

Last night the supermarket closed at 10:00 and I was the last cashier. Just before 10:00 two men came in with a shopping list their wives had given them. Baby food, chips, beer, sandwich stuff .... All the other customers left the store by 10:00. Our manager will not let us confront customers so these men did not know the store was closed. Some managers will shut off the music and some lights but not this one. So they shopped, all by themselves, til 10:50. They still didn't know, I'm sure, until the door was unlocked so they could leave. I don't think women would have been so out-of-it.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:54 PM   #41  
I need more coffee.

S/C/G: 280/259/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
The area around two sides of my house used to have little shrubs which died and the nice-man took the out and threw them away somewhere. He said to put pine straw or mulch in there. It's too big for me to haul mulch home for an too expensive. It would many bags. Any other suggestions? BAGZ?? WABBY??? Any other gardeners??
Maybe plant some sort of ground cover?
DixieAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #42  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

peachers---i don't go EVERY week anymore,and i go {irregularly} chiefly to help out with the music that my sister is in charge of----ever since i got divorced {and not annulled} and the catholic church says that re-married catholic's can't receive communion---i have had my back UP and am not faithful at all------however,it's more than that---i find all organized religion confusing and i am tired of thinking about it ---it is impossible to understand and i am worn out from worrying about it----i am taking a VACATION from religion---now if you need someone to Channel,my mother is endlessly available---not only does she attend mass and do readings on sundays,she goes to mass almost EVERY day of the week!!! you may continue to use her as a tower!!!! THIS tower has turned the lights off!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:48 PM   #43  
loves kleenex box art

My tower has turned her lights off so I will wait for Tuggy the Tugboat to pull me in.

Bagz, tell me what you think I should do about the ground that isn't covered. Cookie has a good idea except I'm trying to think of something I can't kill by not watering it. I saw that mulch is about $10 a bag and one bag would cover nothing. The bags were small. They were smaller than my belly.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #44  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

There would be all kinds of native groundcover that would likely work---you really should ask the garden centre {we spell it like that in canada} in you area --they would best be able to advise you----i like creeping jenny but i an not sure if that would work----you need a creeper!!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #45  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello! Prayers to Schatzi's DH and Schatzi! I forgot some of the other stuff I wanted to say. BTW, Lush didn't name me, but I think she approved of the name.

I'm working on explaining my reasons for homeschooling. My older DS had a lot of problems in school and DS11 seems to be going in the same direction. Home will be a better environment for him. I just don't want his love of learning to be crushed, and as far as I can see right now, that's all that's happening at school.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote