Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:22 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Amy have no fear...I'm stuck toooooo! I have only come down 1 pound since BEFORE Easter! arghhhhhh! And it was my TOM...you'd think it would've dropped a lot! And I'm not eating sugar or anything bad. But maybe my inches are coming off now...not really sure. I just have to look at my overall loss. 23.5 and that's NOT toooo shabby!

Hey you guys...hate to ask again but you see I found out that with my daughters contest people can vote daily. (didn't know that) she's getting up there. (now she's in the top 107 out of 3,000 plus... and only has to be in the top 50 to go to the next round)

Here's the link again...

http://216.117.193.21/modeling/profi...fileID=1254194

Thanks again for voting for her.

Everything else with me is ok....Im a bit anxious about not getting scale to move (I know how you feel Amy) but it will. It must. The wind is blowing like crazy this afternoon. I'll talk to you guys tomarrow!

Tina
Old 04-17-2007, 09:47 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

my scale hasn't moved in probably a month. It's frustrating. Seems like I do fine and when I start to exercise I screech to a stop.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:26 PM   #33  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like there are several of us with the impossible stalled scale. Let's just throw the *#@* things up against the wall...that'll move them.

Our weather got up to 73 today and was lovely. Still a little wind, but we didn't care. I ironed....ugh...dusted and fixed a nice dinner. I walked 2 miles and rode the bike 2 miles. I got new walking shoes and they felt so good. My old ones were like walking on the pavement I had them so long. LOL! I even ate OP....so I am feeling really good. Tomorrow is another day however. *fingers crossed* that I can do the same again tomorrow.

Will skip individuals...but, know that I am saying "hi" to all of you and keep your chin up. We can do this!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:30 PM   #34  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Chuckle of the Day:

Take 60 seconds to do this, I guarantee you will show someone else, it's too funny not to.

1. go to www.google.com
2. click on "maps"
3. click on "get directions"
4. type "New York" in the first box (the "from" box)
5. type "London" in the second box (the "to" box)
6. scroll down to step #23 on the list of directions on the left panel

I am VERY amused....hehe!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:45 PM   #35  
~Believe~

Thanks all.

Yes FIL is home and feeling better and so is MIL. They never did figure out what he had, but they did say it was viral, so now we could all get it and infact, FIL thinks that is what DH has, at least the very beginning stages. So I told DH to call the Dr. in the morning, just to be safe. We have had a flu outbreak at work too, so it could be that, but I don't wanna risk it.

My mom is requesting off May 21st - 27th (she's coming up to visit us), so I told hub, we could request off the 24th & 25th of May (Thursday & Friday) and that would give us a week off. (our scheduled nights off are Monday - Wed). I already emailled my counter-part who works on my nights off, as he just got laid off on his other job he was also working, so he wants overtime. I figure it would be lots easier to get off if I already have coverage, so we'll see.

Our weather is nice again, for how long, who knows? But I am glad, as for once my back isn't killing me!

Well take care all.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:26 PM   #36  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Pink Jane~ Brandon was much better today. Although he didn’t take a nap so he went to bed early. He knows the drill…..if he doesn’t take a nap, then it is an early bedtime for him. Logan was beyond exhausted at dinner time. So, they were both pistols to try and get to eat dinner. Logan was ready to go before he ate, but I wanted him to eat before he went to bed.

Tina~ I will go to the site and bookmark it so I can vote daily.

Sassy~ I saw that the other day. I never laughed so hard in my life before. That step cracked me up! That is great news about your MIL & FIL!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:01 AM   #37  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Marti - I'm thinking about you as you move!

Amy - as the others have said, just keep at it. "Fake it until you make it" is a good way to look at losing. Just think of yourself as a thin person, and act accordingly, lol.

Cristina -a visit to Lowe's does usually become a challenge if you need an employee for anything. And the weekends are the worst! So what kind of soap do you by at Bath and Body Works? I had some raspberry with beads in it that someone gave me for Christmas, and I really liked it. Usually I just buy the Jergen's liquid hand soap at Wally World. It smells like cherries and almonds. Thanks for the tip about Claritin.

Sue - Molly would totally freak out if I boarded her. Usually we pay someone to come and stay at the house with her. But given where I live, that's not always the easiest thing to accomplish. HAHA, funny about Baby!

Pink Jane - mmmm, I just love chicken cacciatore, but since Neal doesn't care for it, I hardly ever make it. I put a little red wine in mine - does your recipe call for any?

Mindee - glad Brandon is better. Gina's doctor told her it's time to take her leave from work now. She works with mentally challenged adults in a group home, teaching them to function in everyday life, and they sometimes become combative. I'm always afraid she's going to get hurt. How're you feeling today?

Tina - 23.5 is great! As you said, the inches are coming off, so be sure and measure and I bet you'll be happy with those results.

Jodi - the weigh loss will catch up, sweetie. Just hang in there.

Jules & Mary Kate- hope you both are doing ok. I really miss your posts.

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

Well ladies, the movie was cute but guess what? It WAS NOT 3-D in our theater, can you believe that? They aren't set up for 3d, although it is a new theater, with stadium seating and wonderful surround sound.

Yesterday I went to Evansville to Hobby Lobby with Marquita and Anita and got the neatest rolling scrapbook supply tote, plus some other "neccesities", lol. Lots of stickers, more scissors, etc.

I am still 100% OP and lovin' it. The exercise needs to be kicked up somewhat, though.

Have a good one, ladies!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:25 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

Hi all.Thanks Jane for the advice.I'm not giving up.i'm going to mix up my exercise routine a bit.i walked 3 miles this morning.The weather was cold and wet but i went anyway and i feel great.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #39  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

Nothing much going on. Thought I would do my grocery shopping today instead of waiting until tomorrow. Supposed to rain again tomorrow and then storms this weekend as well. Got that done and thought I would check two more Hallmarks for the soldier bears...got another 8 and there are no more to be found. Not at Hallmark anyway, lol. The girl called four other stores and they had none so...

JANE...I buy several...but my favorite is brown sugar & fig (think that is what it is called). I buy the lotion as well. DD likes the sweet pea and I added cucumber & melon and something cotton. I've used all these lotions and the soaps smell the same. I also use the jergins cherry almond lotion on my body. The stuff I buy there is a little better on my hands and feet. I've not tried their hand soap.

MINDEE...my throat was sore too. But it was from trying to breathe with my mouth open, lol. I was all stopped up. Glad Brandon is feeling better.

SASSY...I went to the site, omg! That is too funny. That would be quite the journey, lol! glad FIL is home and feeling good. Hoping you guys don't come down with a cold or what he had. Hope you can get the days off to spend with your mom. I am going to be heading to AR to visit my dad sometime soon. He's not doing so well but I haven't had the chance to get down there. He's having some surgery May 12 so I don't know if it will be that time when I go or sooner.

Hi to everyone else

Not really in a talkative mood today. I feel drained! But, I am going to help V by taking down all the stuff about the kitchen cabinets, curtains, stuff off the wall and the stuff down from the plant shelf in the living room. He is starting some painting today and this will cut down on his work time. We are painting the kitchen red. Actually, it's brick dust red. The way the wall is with the plant shelf in the LR it connects with the main kitchen wall so it will be red. I was worried it would be dark but with all the sun light we get in there, no worries. I don't really care either though, lol. Anyway...

Have a good day ladies!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:47 PM   #40  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Sorry that I've been MIA for a few days. I worked a few nights shifts that I hate. I don't know has Sassy does it!! I was a zombie yesterday, then couldn't get to sleep last night. I'm finally back to normal today but the eating non-stop to stay awake has probably taken it's toll on my weightloss. Afraid to even get on the scale for a few days.

Marti--hope all is going well with your move.

Mindee--your boys are beautiful, can't wait to see a pic of Marissa when whe finally arrives!

Jane--that salad with chicken & fruits sounds yummy. We don't board our dogs either. I have to take my boys to a co-worker's house in a few weeks for a "play date" with her dog to see if they get along before she decides if she will watch them when we go to the beach. If not, my cleaning girl might stay at my house and watch them. I get really stressed each year because it's always someone different watching them.

Tina--got my vote again!! I have a friend who just left for Vegas last night. She and her dh go a few times a year and they always get their room, meals and shows comped. They must spend a ton on gambling but always come home with more than they gamble.

Cristina--love hearing about your decorating. I love red and was considering using it for my backsplash in the kitchen but the family vitoed it and I ended up with navy. I'm finally getting the nerve to go a little bolder with colors. I too, have a love/hate relationship with Lowes!

Pink Jane--I'm jealous of your weather. Just finished with the noreaster that blew through the area but our temps are still chilly.

Sassy--glad to hear that FIL is home. Just think, if we all swam to London, maybe we would finally reach our weight goals, or at least drown trying. Gonna tell others about those directions!!

Amy, Jodie, Sue, Tina--I believe that I have joined the "Stalled Scale Club" without even being invited. We all have got to stop meeting like this!! Of course, watching Paula Deen is not helping me. But she did do a peanut butter cookie today that only used PB, splenda, vanilla and an egg.

A big "hey ya'll" to those that I missed. Yes my party was a blast Sat. night but unfortuantely I couldn't try out any of my "purchases" due to my TOM and then working night shifts. So if you don't hear from me this weekend... oh, la la!! Going to my usual Wed night dance tonight then working a 12 hr shift tomorrow. I have a 4 day weekend off this weekend and hoping my son visits. He's stationed about 4 hrs away and only gets home every few months or so. But I feel very blessed to have him still stateside. Gotta run to the bank and get ready for dance. Have a wonderful evening ladies!!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #41  
ugggg.....

Just a quickie...
My niece still hasn't had her baby, I thought her due date was last week but it is actually tomorrow. Her baby is head down but facing the wrong way and they will have to "turn" him if he doesn't do it on his own. A couple of people have said that it is painful when they do it. My SIL said that she had 20 minutes of the braxton hicks and it was almost too much for her. Hopefully she will have a very short labor and delivery. My co worker who was due the beginning of next month had her baby boy, 6 lbs and 3 oz named Blake. My friend Becky is due May 4th with her 3rd and she is ready now she says. It's her third and the daddy's 1st at 45. I have been friends with him since I was around 12 and I just love her. I think he will have a harder time than her during the labor part. Hubby and I have been still having trouble. I finally made him start taking my anxiety pills and they are beginning to help.

well hopefully I can stay caught up from this point!!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #42  
~Believe~

Wink Hullo!

Hullo there!

Its starting to storm here, so guess I shouldn't be on too long.

Anyways, I think DH is starting to feel better, so I think it was just a "bug" from work.

Cristina -- Well I already got someone to cover for one of the days! I skipped the "middle-wo-man" (our boss) and went ahead and emailled my counter part and he said he would be able to work on the Thursday (May 24th) but not the Friday. That Friday is going to be very tough to find coverage as its the Friday before Memorial Day! So I figure if anything, I will just take my Thursday off and work on Friday. Sorry to hear about your dad, I hope he is okay and that you get to go and see him.

Tammy - I think I was just born for night shift. I absolutely love it and I am the exact opposite of you, I hate day shift, I always have. I don't know how all of you do it every day, I hated days!

LOL that is probably true, if we did swim over to London, we all would be toothpicks! hmmmmmmmmm. hee hee!

Enjoy your 4 day weekend and I hope you get to see your son!

Hey Jules! I hope your niece has a smooth & uncomplicated delivery! Sorry to hear about you and DH having trouble, I hope everything is okay? Feel free to PM or email me if you want!

A Big Hi to everybody else out there! I hope you all are doing well!

Old 04-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #43  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Oh, Happy Day!!!

Sanjaya has been voted out!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:10 AM   #44  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello everyone!

Nothing new on this end…..still pregnant though. I am anxious about my upcoming appointment tomorrow! I can’t wait for it to arrive. I wonder what my progress is for this week. Hopefully, we made some progress, especially with all the walking and contractions that I have been having off and on. I am still having contractions, and have been since Sunday. So, hopefully things have moved along nicely for us!

Jane~ I was wondering when Gina’s doctor was going to tell her to take her maternity leave, or if she was even taking one at all. I would worry about her as well. My parents have kids with special needs, and they can get combative as well, so I know why you would worry about her. I am feeling good…..I am still having contractions, so I am sure once that is mentioned, and that I have been having them since Sunday, that will be the deal breaker. That and they are getting stronger with each passing day.

Amy~ Great job on the exercise! I found that when I was trying to loose the baby weight after Logan, switching my routine up a bit helped a lot from making it into a dreaded part of my day. It is always the best when you can “change the scenery” so to speak!

Cristina~ He didn’t mention about his throat being sore today. BUT, every Wednesday one of the local news stations does a “what’s going around?” segment on their evening news cast. For the county that we live in, they have been seeing a lot of the stomach virus (which he already had) and strep throat (which he thinks he might have, since he seems to get every thing) at local hospitals. Sorry to hear about your dad, I hope you get to go and see him.

Tammy~ Thanks for the nice comments on the boys. I am definitely going to post a picture of Marissa when she arrives, which I am hoping is soon!

Jules~ Good luck to your niece! I remember when I was ready for Brandon to arrive. Heck, I was even worse when waiting for Logan to arrive because my doctor with him didn’t break the water to speed things along. She was more into the “let nature take it’s course.” I am hoping at my appointment in less then 12 hours, I can get sent to the hospital. I can guarantee that I won’t be able to make another week with having contractions like I have been since Sunday.

Sassy~ How the heck are you girl???
Old 04-19-2007, 09:28 AM   #45  
Quit smoking 2/26/07

Height: 4' 11"

A Semi-drive-by to let y'all know I'm not dead

Tina - Are you bouncing?

Mindee - Handsome Lil boys you have!

Marti - Congrats on the new place.

Jules - Hugs to you & hubby

4Amy - You are an inspiration.

Jane - YaY for staying OP!

Pink Jane - 'Ello! Cute Avatar!

Tammy - Wow, warn a person before you start mentioning Paula Deen Recipes, will ya?? (j/k)

It seems lately I have an hour here or half hour there, snatched for 1-housework or 2-exercise or 3-computer or 4-me time. I've cut wa-ay back on the last two.
I've gone on one walk and one bike ride this week so far. Bought new sneakers and I think the retched things must be made wrong...seriously KILLed my right heel. I'm taking them back & exchanging them.
Planning on hiking at Eagle Creek this weekend.
Over the past two weeks, hubby & I have managed to eat less buffet food and more salads and healthy meals at home. Every little bit helps, but I don't think I'm loosing, just keeping steady.
If I'm feeling sadistic tomorrow, I might weigh myself!
Tootles...
Closed Thread