Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 10:35 AM   #16  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Yes Peggy that is certainly a small success in my book and a great idea. I can't believe they didn't even have any diet coke or ice tea there. What are they nuts? LOL I have often done that and it helps you get your water intake while you are at it.

Tricia-Good choice on the water and the rice cakes. I think I might have though longer on that chicken pita, but I know you are sooo glad you did this arn't you? It will pay off for you too.

Jello-LICKED THE FORK? LOL Well how many points did you count that for?? HA HA HA You are soooooo funny girlfriend. I love it.

I have still be doing really good and have been resisting things myself. The other day I went to the A & W and Kentucky Fried Chicken place, it is combined and was thinking maybe a cheeseburger, no wait maybe that popcorn chicken they keep advertising,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,On the other hand the breading alone would kill you. So I just asked for one piece of chicken breast and a glass of water. So she asked me if I wanted regular or extra crispy and I told her "It doesn't matter cause I am just going to pull the skin off anyways so surprise me" LOL So that is just what I did and I am sure glad now that I did it now. I know we all have these moments when we really want that cheeseburger or that popcorn chicken, but I think if we just stop and think about the consequences if we give in. I don't mean just the points or calories, but for me that usually will send me on just eating what I want the rest of the day. I just tell myself it will still be there if I want it tomorrow if I really want it or next week even. So I think if we can just get through the moment that the next day we will be glad we did.

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon
Old 01-04-2002, 11:00 AM   #17  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Remember this thread?

Just thought I'd bring up this thread because I'm spending most of my day working with a guy on a project. Lots of time spent at his desk. And on his desk.... this enormous box of chocolate peanut butter candies!! They're sooooo good. (Yes, I do know for a fact. But I counted the points!) The smell is starting to get to me.

But every time I go in there or reach across the desk for something and I by-pass those candies, I count it as a small success!!

27 small successes so far today ... and it's not even noon yet!!

HELP?????
Old 01-13-2002, 02:02 PM   #18  

Hi
I started my diet on January 1st. I have been drinking (8-10 glasses) a day. I have also cut down on sodas and juices. I have cut down on my carb intake and increased my protein intake. Howver, I have trouble controlling my sugar intake. I was a big time chocolate and ice-cream eater, however, I have decreased that. But still I am so attracted to sweets. I have also been exercising at least five days a week, running on the treadmill for about 30 minutes or doing aerobics for 40 mintues. So far no changes, still at the same weight. I am getting really discouraged!!! How long does it take to lose at least a pound or two? I'm I doing something wrong? I have about 4 small sweets a week (e.g., chocolate chip cookie) is that why I am not seeing any difference? Is this normal? I need to stay motivated! If I see results (at least -2 pounds) by the end of this month I know I can stay on task. I want to lose 20 pounds by June for my graduation? Can I do it? Please help............
Old 01-18-2002, 10:04 AM   #19  
Conquering with SBD

Cinthusa - good for you. You have taken the first step - starting to eat healthier, exercise and drink water. That's the most important step to a healthier life style. Don't get too caught up on the weight thing, though. It will follow, just be patient.

I, too, have trouble with sweets, hence my nickname 'Sweet Tooth.' Over the past 6 months while I have been on this weight loss journey, I have found that drinking flavored water takes the edge off my attraction to sweets. I drink the fruit flavored ones that are sweetened with artificial sweeteners. By drinking 2 or 3 quarts every day, I have been able to control cravings and the feeling that I am missing my sweets.

There are a bunch of ladies that post on the Thin Group thread. Come there and join us. I think it is more active that the Small Successes that we post. See you there.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:42 PM   #20  
Conquering with SBD

I have a small success to report.

This morning I went to a meeting where there 5 people and 2 dozen of those really neat homebaked, chewy cookies and bottles of pop. At the meeting I had one cookie (planned), and a glass of water.

After the meeting, it was my job to clean up the stuff, so I ended up with 1 1/2 dozen cookies, which are now sitting in the bottom drawer of my desk.

Success: I don't even have an urge to have any. Yahoo. I'll take them home for hubby to put in his lunches this week.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:55 PM   #21  
Long Lost Chickie

Peggy, you are so brave!!! Cleanup and then storing cookies in your drawer!?!?! If it were me, I'd be storing them in my tummy.

My small success was Wednesday. Cake in the cafeteria so I decided to stay at my desk so I wouldn't be tempted. So a "very nice, helpful, kind, thoughtful, just-being-nice" person brought me a piece. Is there no escape!?!?

I tasted it. It was .... OK. Not fabulous. Not "Oh God I gotta have more!!!". Just OK.

And it was OK wrapped up in paper at the bottom of my garbage can too.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:02 PM   #22  
Conquering with SBD

Yahoo, Jo. Look at you, not even tempted to finish. Six months ago, I would have eaten it, even if I didn't enjoy it that much, just because someone was kind enough to bring. Isn't it great that you taste, decide it isn't that good and discard. Way to go, girl. Keep it up.
Old 01-29-2002, 09:46 AM   #23  
Conquering with SBD

I was just reviewing my stats for this month and surprised to see that the weight is still coming off. I decided to check on my food journal to see what I have been doing that is helping towards losing the weight. Here's what I discovered:

1. I have stayed OP for the last 27 days and not really been tempted to cheat. Yahoo!!

2. For the first 2 weeks in January, I lost over 2 pounds each. The last week, I lost only 1.5 pounds. In checking my food journals, I noticed that this past week I have had a craving for sweet things and indulged in a few pieces of cake and some cookies. Although these were planned and indeed fit into the points range that I am presently at, I think that it makes a difference in how much I lost. Soooo, my discovery is that for me, it does matter where the points come from. Points from vegetables, fibre, dairy and meat seem to metabolize better than points from sugar based foods. Hmmmm. I will need to keep an eye on this and see if my theory is true.
Old 01-29-2002, 09:06 PM   #24  
CH

I should have posted this earlier but didn't think of it. We missed our WW meeting for two weeks because we meet on Tuesdays. Of course Christmas and New Years were on Tuesdays. When we finally had our first meeting after that I had gained 2 lbs. My leader thought I would be upset. I was extactic!!! Never before had I gained only 2 lbs. during the holidays. That was a landmark occassion for me. I have gained as much as 10 lbs. during the holidays.

Another small success was this was the only New Years in many years that I did say "I resolve to get healthier and thinner by next year." I was 30 lbs. lighter than the previous year. I do hope to be even thinner by next year but I am content with what I'm doing.
Carolyn
Old 01-30-2002, 02:20 PM   #25  
Long Lost Chickie

Default I NEEDED chocolate!

Had to have it!! Just a taste! So I bought a chocolate bar out of the vending machine. Read the label and figured it's worth 6 points. I broke it up and rewrapped the pieces. Each wrapped piece is worth 1 point. I've eaten 1 point's worth of chocolate and I'm satisfied. The rest is still wrapped in my desk drawer, out of sight and out of mind.

I had my taste of chocolate and I'm not tempted for more. If I do get tempted and MUST have a taste, it'll only be a point more and not a whole chocolate bar or two!!
Closed Thread