Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 11:53 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Greetings from the Great White North gees

It's been snowing off and on all day, but it's been warm enough to melt most of it off, we maybe got a half inch so not too bad as far as snow goes LOL...I could really do without this darn wind too...nothing exciting around here today, never really is with just me here all day LOL...I did the Hip Hop Abs again today and it's getting easier but my abs are sore...did my 60 mins on the treadmill and had a chicken breast for dinner...just sitting here waiting on the boy to call and say he needs a ride...Hubby called from So Carolina, he's on his way back to Jersey, LOL he's stuck on repeat this week...Well just wanted to say Hey and check in, have a Good Nite All

Pink Jane
Old 04-12-2007, 12:16 AM   #32  
GmaTo8

Just a quick one for me this evening. Wanted to check in now because tomorrow will be so busy. I've got errands, my monthly lunch with niece Carol, the Body, Mind and Spirit meeting, and Makenzie is scheduled to be "Grandma's Girl" for the day until my meeting time.

I had a great OP day, and hope you did, too.

Patricia - a big to you! Even if you got here by accident, I think you'd like our group. Jump back in when you can.

A big hello to everyone else.

Ciao, bellas!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:44 AM   #33  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello everyone!

Jane~ Sounds like she is due a couple days behind me. Wonder who will go first, me or Gina? I was hoping to get some cleaning done off my “nesting list” but Brandon was a pain to get to take a nap, and I ended up taking one with him. So far, all I need to finish that I want to get done before Marissa arrives is finish the file box and put her clothes and things in her cart and get it ready for her to debut.

Tina~ Sounds like you had a blast! Sounds like your appointment went great! I love appointments that go like that. Now, send some of that good luck my way. I have my 37 week appointment Thursday morning at 10:45am. I am hoping to have made some progression in the dilation area.

Marti~ Good luck with the closing!!!

Amy~ Great job on the motivation!

Jodi~ That is great news on the job!!! When do you plan to go by there and met the two ladies?

Tammy~ I try to keep off my feet as often as possible. But sometimes it isn’t possible while the boys are awake, so as soon as they are in bed I sit down and put my feet up.

Sassy~ I hope your in-law’s are okay. Do they know what is causing your FIL’s sickness?

Patricia~ Welcome to the group! I hope to get to know you better.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:35 AM   #34  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies!

Another quicky for me. (getting tired of this yet??)

I just got done w/my walk....which I really had to talk myself into doing. I think that a half hour out of getting my house together is a waste...but I can't forget to stay on track! And w/trying to get this house....it's been hard. But so far, I haven't gained so I'm doing ok. Let's hope I keep up w/it.

Great news. Tomorrow we sign the closing forms!! We should get the key by Tuesday. How great is that??

Of coarse, there are a few things we want to do before we move in, such as tear up the carpets and refinish the wood floors underneath (they're in GREAT shape!) So who knows when our actual MOVE in day is. But it's soon!!

I will keep you posted.

Off to bed I go. Need to get up early to meet w/the Escrow (sp???) people!

Goodnight!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Mindee- I go Friday 9am to meet the ladies. How was the appointment?

Marti- yeaaahhhh finally an end to all the house stuff. Contrats!

Patricia- so glad you found us. I think you will love it here.

Have a good day everyone!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #36  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all, MIL called, said FIL is worse than he was yesterday, now they are thinking its either C-Dif or Salmonella. A co-worker of mine was nice enough to volunteer to work for me today so I could go to the hospital w/ DH & MIL.

Thanks for all the vibes, prayers, and positive thoughts.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #37  

My thoughts are with you Sassy. Is your MIL any better?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:55 AM   #38  

hello everyone!

Well, I am back from my doctor’s appointment. The appointment went well, and surprisingly, the doctor’s office isn’t as chaotic on Thursday mornings as it is on Tuesdays!

I went back into the back area, got the normal weight and pee in a cup routine done. My weight, as far as I know, is the same it was last week, which they said was fine. Then off to the exam room for the rest of the appointment. My blood pressure was 102 over 66, I think is what she said, which she said was fine. Then it was time to wait for the doctor, which wasn’t that bad. The doctor came in and asked if I had been having contractions. I had three or four of them on the way to the doctor’s office. She said “well, maybe something will happen tonight. You never know.” She answered my questions and put me at ease on things. I don’t have to do any pre-registration with this hospital, which is a relief. As far as my swelling, she told me that she could write me a script for the compression stockings or with me being so close to the end that I could wait it out. So, I decided that I would take it one day at a time and wait it out. She did however tell me to elevate my feet when I am sleeping as well in order for it to help the swelling go down.

I asked about the medications that they would use for my tubal. She told me that depending on if I get an epidural is one thing, another thing is the time that I would have Marissa. She told me that if I have her in the morning or early afternoon, and I was able to get an epidural, then all they would do is wait an hour for the epidural to wear off, then re-dose the catheter and I would be on my way. If I were to have her at night then they would wait six hours and then do the tubal. She did say that if for some reason I am unable to get the epidural, then they would use a spinal for the tubal. In which case, they would just give me one big shot full of the medicine with enough in it to last for the time of the procedure. I had asked if the medicine was okay to use while breastfeeding, but I was meaning about any pain medicine they give me for after the birth and surgery.

I had asked her another question, and for some reason it is escaping me right now. Oh yeah….the last question was about where I was sitting progression wise. Right now, I am still thick (so no thinning as of yet), she is still up pretty high (even though she feels like she is going to fall out), and I am sitting at 2cm! So, like I mentioned to her, one centimeter is better then none in a weeks time. My next appointment is set for next Thursday, the 19th, at 10:45am. My MIL is giving Marissa a week to a week and a half before she is born, which would take her right around her due date. The nurse asked me how I was doing and I said I was ready to be done with being pregnant. She laughed and I asked her if there were any sure fire ways to not be pregnant anymore. Her response was “yeah…..sex.” I said “that is how our second one came.” She laughed and said “so you already know the trick then.”

Marti~ That is great news on the house!!!!

Jodi~ The loooooooong update is above. Good luck with meeting the ladies!

Sassy~ I am keeping your in-law’s, as well as you and your DH, in my thoughts and prayers during this time.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:10 AM   #39  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Everybody, Thanks so much for your prayers and vibes.

I also didn't know until MIL told me that FIL had a 103.4 Fever lastnight! Of course she was totally scared to death about that, so she even contacted her minister and they started a prayer chain for him.

Well we went to see FIL today, his fever is gone, he is now 98.8, a big improvement from 103.4!!!!!! I didn't see him on Wed. So I don't know how bad he looked, but he looked pretty good today, still could tell he didn't feel well, but did look better. Even MIL & DH said he looked 100% better. We are all relieved, although the drs want him to stay a few more days. DH is thinking maybe he'll be released possibly Monday, which would work out because we are off and could go and pick him up and all. I mean even if he gets released earlier when we work, DH can still go and get him.

We took MIL to the store since she has been having Dizzy Spells, she doesn't like to drive and we honestly don't want her too, so we took her and she took us out to eat. (I totally stuffed myself--ugh!) But DH had an awesome spring green salad with his meal that was awesome!

FIL wanted some books and his electric razor so DH is gonna run it over on his lunch tomorrow (Friday) so MIL doesn't have to worry about driving or anything like that.

So anywho, that is the latest. They still are not completely sure what exactly it is, they are still testing him.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 04-13-2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:59 AM   #40  

Sassy~ Sounds like the light at the end of the tunnel is shining through! Do they know what caused this? It is good to hear that he is feeling/looking better already.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:24 AM   #41  
GmaTo8

It's Friday the 13th - something good is bound to happen today, right? Seriously, every Friday the 13th, something cool happens to me.

Mindee - Gina's c-section is scheduled for May 2nd., but she thinks he will come early since she's had so many contractions already. This is her 3rd child, too, and it seems with the 3rd one, that happens a lot. It did with me, too.

Marti - YAY As of today, you're an official homeowner. It's a really good feeling, too, and I can't tell you how happy I am for you, James and Jhanai!

Sassy - glad your FIL is much better. My MIL contracted c-dif while she was in the hospital with congestive heart failure, so I know how awful it is.

I'm really excited today because I started a new scrapbook club, and today is our first crop meeting. I've got a couple of photosof Neal working a jigsaw puzzle that I want to do first, and then who knows what.

I've been totally OP and feeling great about that.

Have a good one, ladies, and I'll check back later if I can.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

This is a great day,the scale is finally starting to move in the right direction.I will be keeping my fingers crossed til weigh in on monday.I have been doing shorter workouts this week alternating the bike and eliptical and it seems to be working .30 mins seems to be enough to get the scale moving.i find it hard to lose when i workout alot for long periods of time.
Hope everyone is having a great day.Sassy,glad to hear your FIL is doing better.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:35 AM   #43  

Friday the 13th has been lucky for me so far--- I GOT THE JOB!!!!!
It's looks scarying the all get out, but I am pretty sure I can learn it. I sent an email to my supervisor and the company quiting a little while ago. I have never met anyone from the company in the 2 1/2 yrs I have been employed with them. All correspondance comes from the internet, which is the reason behind the email.
Anyhow, hope you all are having good days. Sounds like Marissa will be here soon!!!! Just try to relax Mindee and it will be smooth sailing!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 240/172/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Friday the 13th Afternoon Ladies

The snow is gone and it's finally warming up although it's overcast today but the sun is peeking out now and then...I weighed myself this morning and I am down a pound, so I am feeling pretty good today, but my muscles are screamin at me, oh well no pain no loss LOL, I had something nice happen, I was getting dressed and realized I don't have to unbutton or unzip my jeans to get them on or off anymore LOL that hasn't happened in awhile...I have to go out and about today, banking and grocery store, exciting eh? LOL but it gets me out of here for awhile, hope everyone is having a Good Day.

Marti - Congrats on the closing

Sassy - Good to hear your father in law is doing better

Mindee - I bet your ready for it to be over, it's been 21 yrs for me but I still remember how long that last week was, both kids were due on the same day, c sections both times, but my doc had plans that weekend so he made me wait an extra week with my son, I didn't think it was ever gonna end LOL

Jane - The scrapbooking sounds like fun and Great Job on staying OP

Amy - Congrats on the scale moving, I know how you feel mine has been stuck on stupid for over 2 wks but has finally moved again

Jodi - Congrats on getting the job!!

Have a Good One All

Pink Jane
Old 04-13-2007, 02:27 PM   #45  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I can't believe I didn't post on here last night. Hmmm. What was I thinking?
Yesterday was another cold day here....I only got in a little under a mile walk. Today I did a little over 2 miles, so I will add 3 miles to my tracker for the 2 day total. Now, if I could just get the food under control agaiin.
Yesterday I went for groceries and to Kohl's. Had lunch with DD at Olive Garden, soup, salad and breadsticks. DD is so busy with her teens, her job and re-doing a 100 year old farm house.
Today I did laundry and sweeping....nothing major.
The sun is shining at least, even though it is only 46 degrees.
I plan to get in a bike ride before dinner. I have to get the scale moving.....
Talked to DS and DD, both from CA. DD and hubby are leaving for a week in Mexico. DS is busy with school and should finish up by Winter. He is already dreading the law exam....
BBLater..............
Closed Thread