Old 04-09-2007, 05:06 PM   #46  
Member w/ messiest house

I'm starting my avatar photo swap with the easiest one: a picture of me as an adorable towheaded 5 year old. I'll work my way up to old and blubby later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
how are you feelin after yer long car trek to see your little bunny? I was a tad worried bout you drivin in that weather with a bum elbow,shoulder,leg hip... whatever it is but then not to have a radio!!!
Thank you for your concern! The trip down was not bad at all, the first 3/4 of it was almost entirely on cruise control, which helps to keep the strain off the hip. And it was a beautiful day, roads were clear and the traffic wasn't bad. On the way back it was a little more uncomfortable; the first couple of hours were city and crowded highway driving, so the hip was a bit painful. I stopped after an hour because I was just so tired, and went Easter candy shopping and then took a nap in the car. Not sure whether it was the candy or the nap, but I felt much better after that.
Quote:
oh Yeah Someone told me about Peep Jousting...
Looked it up online, what a riot.
Quote:
I made Polish Spaghetti...What is it you ask??? its spagetts,baked in the oven in Tomato SOUP and American Cheese...yes, very neuvo chefboardeee... My mudder in law makes it and the first time I saw her make it I WAS AGASP!!!!!
That's a great way to put it: agasp. Sounds delightful.... I'd have thought to be really Polish Spaghetti, it would have to have sliced hotdogs in it...

My kitty is all of a sudden all affectionate. She is sitting next to my keyboard, licking the heck out of my hand. I think she's going to take off a layer of skin.

Had PT today, hip is feeling much better. Nothing like a little light at the end of the tunnel to improve your mood!

Later gators
Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:26 PM   #47  
Member w/ messiest house

Somehow I managed to miss both Peaches and Sugar's post while posting my own. Glad(?) to hear LCP had an adventure on her way home, as if the trip itself was not ordeal enough, eh? It's kind of strange that you can't get around in Florida without a car in anything like a timely fashion. Especially when you consider that I live in the woodsbottom of the world and I can get an express bus to civilization that is faster than driving. There is a "slow" bus that visits every nook and cranny of coastal Maine on its way and still manages to get from one end to the another in less than a day. But we probably don't get to see tazering on our buses.

Sugar darling! Hope your vacation was wonderful! Here's the broad view of what you missed. Many people have very ill family members, many people have annoying little health problems of their own, Wabby had a visit with Kayden, I went to Boston twice, and we missed you! And that's all my brain can hold at one time.

k
Old 04-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #48  

I dub Her Royal Kiwiness, queen of quotenss!How you do dat Kiwi (I say as I genuflect, head abowed) ..every time I try to do the quoty thingie it highlites the WHOLE post, and I am left to delete all except what I want...I have decided for me it is best to just highlight... and then do the [quote] method...

DOES NOT ADOORABULL DD LOOK LIKE YOU????? Yes!!! I love the sideway glance Kiwi, it suggests so much!

Worried Cowpern: send the link... I will send greetings to DS... I will say what a wonderful momma you are and udder things .... What is it with LCP??? The gal has such exxxxciting things always happenin ..I wish to see this Tazzering on "COPS" from Orlando. or perhaps we should invest in a show called BUS TERMINAL GUARDS GO WILD!!!.as long as she is okay and continues to add joy to DSs life ......sending : to ds and you and lcp that the docs figger out whats wrong with Ds.

ANYWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SHUUUUUGGGGGIE has returned from the land of Thumbalina!!!!!!!!! Suggie how you say this "hej"? is it like a Shrub "hedge" or like HeyJah? or HeyJay or germanish, hecka(said like I'm hackin up a hairball?)
Wheres the cookies Sug? ................................

can ya tell I've had way tooo much caf-fiend today
My house is swiffered,bleached, dysoned, and febreezed..
.perhaps I am on a chemical high....
must go...porkychops have been placed back in the fridgidaire... DH wishes leftover Ziti instead....must nuke....

Last edited by Schatzi; 04-09-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #49  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hej hej---my dd22 is in Denmark for months and she says is sounds like hihi!!!and they say it coming and going!!-----------WABBALICIOUS!!!!---have a happy birthday or whatever kind of birthday you like----one that includes treats of some sort would be good-----something luscious for sure!!----kiwonk---your pic is soooooooo cute--i should have used jo's!!! you should put that on facebook----i cant' stop eating easter candy--mostly lindt chocolate from switzerland i think----it's making me sick-----PEACH---where ithe link????? DD21 has your boy's facebook,can he access that???? she is in the middle of a root canal that is not going well and she also has four science exams this week--------------we lost six soldiers in afghanistan yesterday and one of them is from OUR TOWN and he is only 20 years old AND he is the |ONLY child of this local family-----i understand why nato wants to help the afghan people defeat the taliban,but i don't think these young men fully understand that they are giving up their entire lives for this----they are too young to get it-----they interviewed the mother on tv,she was crying and said 'those twenty years went by so quickly"-----------------horrible.
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:15 PM   #50  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hej Hej!

Quote:
I..every time I try to do the quoty thingie it highlites the WHOLE post,
You will be dismayed to learn that that is exactly what I do -- and then I delete what I don't want. And if I want more than one part of a single quote, I copy the quote and paste it and delete what I don't want. There's no shortcut. Actually what you're doing is a lot easier.
Quote:
Yes!!! I love the sideway glance Kiwi, it suggests so much!
You should see the whole picture--actually I'll attach it below. This photo always makes me laugh because it is such a puzzle to me: the other person in the photo is a boy who lived down the street from us and was absolutely the bane of our existence (my brother and me). He was a bully and used to come over and kick down our snowforts and stuff. I remember that I hated him. But look at that photo! Isn't that a riot?
Quote:
can ya tell I've had way tooo much caf-fiend today
REALLY?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
and he is only 20 years old AND he is the |ONLY child of this local family--
Oh my god, that is heartbreaking. There ought to be a law. What kind of sickness is it that makes people kill other people?

I had the yummiest baked potato for dindin. mmmmm

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marblehd.jpg (28.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Kiwonk; 04-09-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: so I could say Hej Hej!
Old 04-09-2007, 10:40 PM   #51  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
LCP found a link for the hospital where you can send messages to patients.
Is he going online while he's there? I could direct DD to his facebook if he is. Otherwise, send info for hospital link!

kiwi
Old 04-10-2007, 06:37 AM   #52  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Welcome back, Sug, the peep jousts were silly & fun, Kiwi (and I'm LOVING the picture! I think if I were to dig around some, I might come up with a tow-headed shot of my own), I didn't know that an excess of caffein could clean your house, Schatzi, (what a neat trick!) and Cowp, I KNOW how you feel with DS undiagnosed. We're waiting on test results on my DD, and it's horrible! Please know that thoughts and prayers are with you.

I had to have the front brakes done on my car yesterday and took the commuter rail into work. It was AWFUL! It took an abominably long time, culminated in a pushing and shoving match to the stairs out of that underground dungeon, and a wind-whipped walk from the station to my office. The return trip was the same in reverse. I must be spoiled or something. I absolutely abhored it. I have no idea why people suggest that it's a "relaxing" way to commute. Give me my familiar ole' traffic jams any day! The SEATS are ergonomically impossible as well! My back was squished into a very unnatural posture, and felt cruddy about 20 minutes into the hour and three-quarter trip.

Maybe I'll feel less cranky after another cuppa cawfee.

Have a T-riffic day, y'all!

Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #53  
Ellabella

Bagzz said "...we lost six soldiers in afghanistan yesterday and one of them is from OUR TOWN and he is only 20 years old AND he is the |ONLY child of this local family-----i understand why nato wants to help the afghan people defeat the taliban,but i don't think these young men fully understand that they are giving up their entire lives for this----they are too young to get it-----they interviewed the mother on tv,she was crying and said 'those twenty years went by so quickly"-----------------horrible."

Yes. Now that I am at work and reasonably awake and alert, I realized that I had neglected to comment on this, which I wanted to do.

I have always been and continue to be appalled and discouraged at the condition of humanity -which never seems to change - in which fighting against and killing those whom we disagree with - or simply are different from - (or because we want something they've got) is not only acceptable, but espoused as a "noble" cause. I worked some years ago with ex-GI's from the Viet Nam era who suffered from PTSD. It's heartbreaking no matter how lives are lost - in combat, or through the long-term psychological pain and suffering associated with experiencing the things that our young men and women experience in any war.

I won't wax political, because I know that I can become quite rabid on the subject, and my views are not universal, but I am angry - very angry - about what's going on in our country today, and all the young lives that are being lost to line the pockets of the upper 1%.

And yes, the mother in question is right - 20 years, even 30 years and more - pass very quickly. Life is short, but it should never be as short as it has been for so many of our troops in Afghanistan and Iraq - and in all of the other parts of the world where young people are fighting and dying. It should never be so short as it is for the civilians - fathers, mothers, young and innocent children - who are unfortunate enough to live in the pathways of war.

Arrrrrggggh. Sorry for the seriousness and all. It's a very sore subject with me.

On a brighter note, I truly enjoyed driving into work today even though traffic was an abomination.

Take good care, all,

Ella
Old 04-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #54  

Oh Bagzie, that is so sad about the 20 yr old from your town --- sometimes there seems so much heartbreak in this world ---- all those young men... old men send them off and the young men die. It never ends.

Thank you for the birthday wishes, cowsies. It was also Gpa Jim's birthday. #51 for me, #94 for him. I gave him a framed photo of me, Gpa Jim, DD, DS & DH from about 15 years ago. It made him cry. Of course he and I are pretty good sob buddies.

I didn't get to see my Kaydy on my birthday, but I did see her on Easter, all dressed in her finest. She really got into the egg hunt. As soon as she figured it out, she would squeal every time she spotted one. She had 2 other little egg hunting companions. They were all adorable. I baked a ham and DD made a huge dinner. It didn't matter, it was a really horrible day.

This is why I don't post often. Sorry, cowsies. I'd comment on everything going on w/ youz, but I've fallen behind on the news, so I'll just say 'bye and you all keep yakkin' - it cheers me.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:35 PM   #55  
Ellabella

Wabby, I'm so sorry you had a horrible day. It seems so undeserved. I wish you better ones ahead.

Ella
Old 04-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #56  
Member w/ messiest house

Wabby, darling, I'm so glad you got to enjoy the little one on Easter. What a wonderful age she is -- we got to see DH's nephew Caleb who's the same age as Kayden. I hadn't seen him since he started walking, and he was so adorable, so fascinated by everything, so happy. You'll be pleased to know that of all the people there, I was the one he thought was the funniest-looking, judging by the way he broke out in laughter every time I looked at him.

Okay, I admit it, I was making faces at him.

Ella, you will find a number of sympathetic ears here, although naturally everyone's point of view is different. I think all war is a tragic waste, but the Iraq war is much worse than that -- an optional war. I could go on of course, but suffice to say I'm angry too.

On the boring "how are you feeling?" front, my hip is better and now my elbow has flared up again. I imagine they are related somehow like a Push-Me-Pull-You.

My dog got a big box of rawhide delivered to our door yesterday. I didn't even know she had a credit card. After giving her one of them, which she dispatched in record time, I had left the box on the floor (all the bones are in heavy plastic bags) and she started guarding the box. Growling at DH or the cats every time they came near it. Needless to say, I had to take them away. I just gave her another one a little while ago (picture sitting a toddler in front of the television ); I think this one will last a while.

We have some very interesting birds visiting our yard. I've never seen the like before: they are mostly white with some black spots on their wings and a reddish marking on their heads, about the size of a robin almost. I can't find them in my bird book and I'm puzzled! Must be global warming

Kiwi
Old 04-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #57  

Just have time for a quick pop in
wabby
Ella -- I think many of us share a similar point of view
Kiwi ...is this the bird of which you speak? If so its a Redbellied Woodpecker... I get them here all day long at the bird feeder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wd.jpg (2.8 KB, 2 views)
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #58  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yes,i don't think anyone here has ever voiced support for the war----i just don't get how anyone can say we are HELPING these poor people-----so many of them have died in 'collateral damage'----isn't that a nice name.of course george b. wasn't too happy when canada chose not to go into iraq but our new prime minister would probably have sent us there----he is quite happy to have the troops in afghanistan----i am with kiwi-----all war is a tragic waste-----and when it hits home like it has here in new brunswick{ five out of six were from the base up the road from here} it is especially horrible-----Base Gagetown is right outside of fredericton kiwi. also,around here they make a big deal with it being the headline in the national newspaper and the flags are at half mast----i thought i read that george b doesn't like the fanfare----no wonder---if you saw all those young men carrying six coffins into an aircraft carrier on the news every night there would probably be more of an outcry.all those pallbearers were either crying or had tears in their eyes---SIXTY pallbearers--------------okay,i guess i am ranting but it's all anyone is talking about in these parts.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #59  
Ellabella

Terrible, terrible, Bagzz. I dare not allow myself to start commenting because, as I may have mentioned, I get quite rabid. Our president quite literally STOLE the presidency, and has taken this country from bad to worse - and getting even worse.

I ESPECIALLY love those no-bid contracts Halliburton has for reconstruction in Iraq. BILLIONS of dollars made off all that death and destruction!!!!!

Oops

I'd best watch out. These days, EVERYBODY's getting watched and monitored in the good ole' US of A, and getting labeled a terrorist and locked up without a trial under the freaking *Patriot Act* if they express themselves too freely. And if you have a dark complexion, you have to be EXTRA vigilant.
Scary times, folks.

Yeah. Time to shut up, Ella.

G'night all...
Old 04-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #60  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i hope we never get to the point where we can't say what's on our mind ---but you never know do you---the dixie chicks didn't fare too well for speaking out!