Old 04-17-2007, 06:25 PM   #151  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
Is there going to be a duel? Kiwi
No dahling, I am, and always will be, a pacifist. Sticks and stones and all that....

Sug, I can't compete with all those adorable baby pics, either. Not that I wasn't adorable and didn't have adorable children...the pics are in the albums somewhere....and I am simply far too lazy to even THINK about dragging them out, looking through them, scanning them, uploading (or whatever it is you do to get them into e-mails and such) them...good grief!!!! Well, Okay, DH could undoubtedly do it for me, but I'm even too lazy to ask him.

I did ask him about taking my (current) pic, but by the time I did that, everybody had started displaying baby pics, so I didn't bother. I guess I'll stick with my cow.

Kiwi, I'm glad to see that you're still connected and not flooded out. New Hampshire has been hit really hard, and I wasn't sure about Maine.

The Virginia Tech shooting is a frightening thing, indeed. The family from Saugus, MA, whose son is one of the ones killed, weren't notified until late last night. I can only imagine what they suffered through, hearing about what was happening all throughout the day, waiting for word, and then finally hearing the worst imaginable news. My heart is just broken for them - for all of them. What's the absolute scariest is that I don't really think there's any real way to predict these things. This young man apparently had been writing some disturbing stuff in class, was referred for counseling, but I mean, even a counselor can only use their best judgment - and every depressed or disturbed or unhappy young person certainly doesn't end up shooting a whole bunch of people. In fact, there are a LOT of depressed kids in college. There were when I was in school, for pity sake. I remember being so sensitive about what people thought of me (SO glad I managed to get past that) and so unhappy if someone acted thoughtlessly or said something cruel.

Ahhh. Life can be so difficult to fathom, sometimes.

We are STILL waterlogged.

TTFN,

Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:59 PM   #152  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Kiwi, I'm glad to see that you're still connected and not flooded out.
Our snow and mud are both getting waterlogged. Southern Maine is getting worse stuff than here though -- winds that are taking down trees and so on. I walked up the driveway to get the mail and found that we had 5 or 6 inches of mushy wet snow and slush since yesterday. It's the strangest thing to walk through some of it -- in some places it is like magical changeable stuff: your foot goes through it like snow but it turns to water in your footstep. Messsseeeeeeeee

I think I will change my avatar to something a little more recent. Mind you, only a little more recent.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:17 PM   #153  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i can see the beautiful college girl who kicked miss kennedy's arse on the soccer field---------or do i have that wrong----lovely glamours shot--you look like martha stewart when she was a model!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:28 PM   #154  
loves kleenex box art

You are ALLLL beautiful. You and your calendar girls. Remember how Lush (sigh) used to say her dh kept doing things around the house just to make her feel lazy? You're all posting these pictures to make me feel ..... you know.

Martha Stewart was a model? She could never be a high class broad like Kiwi.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:02 AM   #155  
loves kleenex box art

am starting a new thread with a regional flavor.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote