Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 01:41 PM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Depressed Cows post here----

I have been trying to looose weight for over three months and all I have lost is eight pounds-----EIGHT POUNDS IN ALL THAT TIME!!!!I has me so depressed that I feel like GAINING it all back---which I could do in THREE days.THAT is the most depressing part---Here I am depriving myself on a daily basis for EIGHT measly pounds{and I still weigh 158 which is 18 pounds more than I want-----}I AM TRULY SHOCKED AT HOW DIFFUCULT IT IS TO DROP WEIGHT AT 44----EVERYONE SAID IT AND IT IS REALLY TRUE------IF ANYONE YOUNGER THAN FORTY IS READING THIS ---TAKE HEED----IT IS TRUE-----If I had eaten like this for three months about ten years ago,I'd have lost 20 pounds no sweat.THUS----I am fat AND depressed-----the margies will be well appreciated this evening----all TEN of them.
Old 11-09-2001, 02:16 PM   #2  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default oh yawwwnnnnnnnnn

Bagzie is thinking she can gain three lbs in one evening and we should feel bad for her? Well, I don't. I could gain much MORE THAN ThAT in FAR LESS TIME> but I don't because I must set an exmaple to you cowzoids.

I know it's rought, Bagz, but it's what all us beautiful thin chicks do. You must do it too. Just starve yourself for the benefit of not wieghting 389 lbs like you did when you first came to us wearing your thongs and lying by the pool with ....I'd better stop before I commit a faux pas.

Love you Tubbo. Peach
Old 11-09-2001, 03:27 PM   #3  

Default Bagzie, I feel your pain

Oh, that was my waistband cutting into my roly poly middle. I'm depressed too, Bagzie, but weight is only the beginning. I won't bore your with it, though. I bet you're relieved.

It's true about how hard it is to lose after forty. But I hear it only gets worse after fifty. Yikes.

I'm leaving now to go to the ocean and ponder life's mysteries. Like why 10 lbs. of chocolates adds up to 20 pounds on my thighs. Chin up Bagzie.
Old 11-09-2001, 06:47 PM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default thanks tramps

I feel SOOOOOOOOO much better NOT really---but I will sooooon,because as we all know it's MARguerita FRIday------Hopefully kiwonker will be joining me!!!!!wabby----I want to hear your troubles,but I am so jealous of your Beach side holiday------and Peachbutt---your beach holiday sounded so fab that I shall not speak to either of you until I have a beachgetaway!
Old 11-09-2001, 09:09 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Default ditto

except I'm not going to the beach. It's cold here, i'm depressed and fat. I had to get the evil driver's license picture taken today. I even had a choice of 2 shots -- each one was worse than the other one. Now that I have cute shoulder length (honey colored) hair, my fat face and neck are much more obvious. the weight numbers below are a blatant lie, but they are staying that way until I finish the Halloween candy and get back to them. In the meantime, my DH is pigging out right this very minute with mass quantities of pistachio nuts. That after going out to dinner where he ate about 6 quarts of fried shrimp.

I did have 2 beers in honor of Margharita night, Bagz. It was the 3 of us though, and DD was a pain, so instead of having fun, I just feel bloated and logy.

I'm being asked to make a decision about what I want to do/where I want to go tomorrow night as a birthday celebration. We can either go out to dinner or go to a movie, but not both, because DH has to work until 6pm (movies and good restaurants are 1.5 hours away). I will probably have to do the driving, too. I think I would rather stay home. But 2 friends are planning to go with us, so I'm kind of committed. Or I should be committed... So I mentioned one movie, and DH said that wasn't the kind of movie he would want to see in the theater. Well, who's birthday did you say it was, anyway? Hells bells. Actually I went to a movie by myself today on the way back from the drivers license thing -- Don't Say A Word. It was a good suspense thriller, and Michael Douglas was even pretty good in it (usually he strikes me as old and bloated).

Have a good weekend all. I will be playing pogo.

Kiwi
Old 11-10-2001, 03:01 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, I'm going out to dinner again tonight. To a Japanese restaurant, that'll be different. And tomorrow my inlaws are having us over for dinner (in the morning--be there at 12 or they'll start without ya). And my birthday isn't till Monday. By then I will be a giant blob waddling on bloated stumps.

My dog still stinks. I have finally resorted to the tomato juice; bought 2 big cans of the stuff. I'm just trying to work up the motivation to make a giant mess with it. gross.

later
Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 04-17-2002 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-11-2001, 04:41 PM   #7  
fatter than U

Unhappy oooh, Bagzie!

You 'n' I weigh the same ! 158. Does that make you my weight-mate? Don't feel bad, it's taken me about a year to get here and I'm practically starving. Ok, I ate roast goose at the ils today, but only a little piece. And a dumpling, but NO gravy. It's just tooooo hard. Think we should join the low-carbers?

Hi to all you other darlings. I should be in bed, so off I go.

Old 11-12-2001, 12:18 PM   #8  

Default The 150's

Gee, cowsies, I'm right behind you at 154. Remember only a month ago I was 148? The weekend at the beach didn't help the weight situation either. We ate and drank and drank and ate. I had a margie in your honor on friday night, Bagzie. We went to an antique shop and ended up with a kind of distressed type sideboard, a chair that needs reupholstering, and a mahoganey (sp?) dresser & mirror that needs to be stripped and refinished. We're suckers for fixer uppers. Then I found a cool wooden chicken and rooster to sit on the sideboard. The weather was actually sunny at the beach in November!!! The weekend was pretty much perfect except for the fact that our friends both smoke (along with my DH) and everyone wanted to eat in the bar at every restaurant so they could puff away. Which means I had a slight headache the whole time.

Happy Birthday to Kiwi, Happy Birthday to yooooooouuuuuuu!!!! Hope your Japanese dinner was yummy.
Old 11-12-2001, 01:27 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Thumbs down Thanks, Wab

Had a nice weekend. The Japanese restaurant turned out to be great. We had reason to wonder for a while -- it took 45 minutes to be waited on , but once over that hurdle, it was fine. DH had eel. Let's just say he doesn't plan to order it again soon. One of the others with us also had eel, and took DH's leftovers home -- I was a brave girl and tried it, and thought it was gross .

I also tried edamame -- boiled soybeans in the pod with salt. They were fabulous! And very good for us DAMs. In case you ever get a chance to try them, you are supposed to draw the pod through your teeth so that you get the salt from the outside and the beans from the inside. Yummy

Sounds like a great haul from the antiquerie, Wabby. Just how "distressed" is everything?

Sugar baby, you are doing great! Just keep it up and you'll get there eventually (but don't plan any 4 day birthday celebrations like me; they will not help, I promise you ). Maybe I will too, who knows? Stranger things have happened. I just set up a Yahoo home page (just like a place to check the news and stuff, not a personal web page) and it has a feature for diet tracking. So I put in my real weight and a 6 month goal of 30 lbs and I can watch it go down. Well, that's the idea, anyway.

I did manage to shampoo the dog and then cover her with tomato juice on her. Then I had to shampoo that off. What a mess. I didn't get it all off of her either. Fortunately I have an appointment with a prof. groomer next week. Hopefully she will be able to get the poor thing's coat in better shape. Right now she still smells, for heaven's sake, plus the fur around her neck has turned an interesting dark brown (she's supposed to be a nice glossy black, as you can see from her pic) and has the consistency of hair that's been over-permed and -colored. Did you like the picture I posted? I thought it was pretty funny, but then I have a twisted sense of humor.

Happy Veteran's Day!

Kiwi
Closed Thread