Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #46  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Height: 5'2"

Michelle - thanks for the lunch tip, it sounds yummy. I have some oven roasted turkey and fat free pita bread at home. I will try that for tomorrows lunch. I used the pita bread to make low fat pizza for dinner last night. Everyone gets their own pita round and picks their own toppings for their pizza then we toss it in the oven till the cheese is melted, of course I had the fat free mozarella that doesn't melt as well but it was still yummy with turkey sausage, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatos and just a couple of black olives. And very low fat.

Jana - its always that way, people always know when I have gained but never seem to notice as much that I have lost. Oh well don't worry about it, you know you have lost and that is what matters. I just wish I could get past this stupid plateau I have reached and hit the 2teens and eventually catch up with you. You go girl your almost to onderland

Well ladies the scales jumped up a pound to 224 from yesterdays 223. What am I gonna do????????? I am gonna kick myself in the rear and start exercising again thats what. Now just convince myself of that when this evening comes around.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #47  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Robbin, do you have access to a microwave? If so, I'd suggest bringing a bag of popcorn to have in the afternoon when the hunger starts. If not, bring grapes or strawberries to snack on. Keep really, REALLY busy. I find that the busier I stay, of course the less time I have to think about food!

Jana WOW WOW WOW!!! Congratualtions!! You're rockin' right along! If we could all be so fortunate! I know, fortuane has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. Your hard work is just paying off tremendously for you. You deserve every single loss you get! Keep going..........

I'm going to attempt to go work out tonight. Didn't make it last night...was just too sick. I'm probably still too sick, but I fear that if I don't go tonight, then my other workouts will be all for nothing and I'll be basically like starting over. I don't want that so I'm making myself go. My congestion has settled in my chest, though, so I may spend all my time coughing. As long as I don't pass out, I'll consider myself lucky. I feel anymore like all I ever do is go work out. And it's only 30 minutes, 3 times/week. Those 3 times per week sure come quickly. I also haven't done well in my eating since being sick. I've eaten like a horse! I'm sure the scales are showing it right about now, too. I'm not daring to get on them. I don't even wanna know about it.

Well everyone, I'm back to work. UGH! Have a great rest of your day.

Diana
Old 04-12-2007, 03:43 PM   #48  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi gang . . .

. . . look . . . up in the sky . . . it's a bird . . . it's a plane . . . no . . . it's me

. . . just flying right on by . . .
Old 04-12-2007, 03:49 PM   #49  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

LINDA...

ROBBIN...Your pita pizza sounds SO GOOD, and I will have to try it! I'm so sorry about the scale, and I'm just as frustrated with mine. People say how when you're first starting out with your plan, you usually lose quite a bit of weight in the beginning, oh not me!!

DIANA...I hope you're feeling better and enjoy your workout!

JANA... with your weightloss!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:00 AM   #50  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Hey ladies, busy week as usual lately but had to pop in. Another week of not weighing so nothing to report there. I think i will probably wait until after TOM comes sometime this next week and then will weigh. No need to discourage myself with WWW that may be gone in another few days. I have exercised two days. Did 2 mile WATP and 35 min on the eliptical (5.3 miles and 428 calories). But couldn't do any yesterday and may not get back to it today. It felt really good to sweat again, HOW SICK IS THAT!

Some really quick personals and then gotta run!

Diana - hang in there and hope the cold goes away quick!

Jana - Onederland is looming!!!!! How awesome is that!

Linda - you crack me up!!

Robbin - I'm telling you throw away the scale and focus on what you need to do, eat right and exercise. Once your stress level goes down by not seeing numbers you don't want, staying with the program becomes a little easier.

Michelle - good to see you back in the game and hope you are doing well! I have a wheat tortilla roll up i do that is very similar. Yours sounds really good too!

Well ladies time to get busy! Hope ya'll have a great day and will see ya soon!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #51  
Onward and Downward

Yuck . . . Yuck . . . Yuck . . . Yuck. I am definitely not in a good mood today. It is snowing (blizzard), I didn't sleep well, I have a throbbing toothache, and it's Friday the 13th. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Hope everybody else is doing fun stuff. . .
Old 04-14-2007, 09:16 AM   #52  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

I have some wonderful news!!!! I finally made to ONEderland!!!!! The scale sang a beautiful song of 198 this morning!!!! Yipppeee!!!!

I was going to post some progress pics but I think I'll wait until I hit 40lbs before I do that.

Could not have done it without you guys!!! I'm off to change my ticker!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Last edited by mrsgeb2; 04-14-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:55 AM   #53  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Hey girls! Just checking in - it's been a while, eh?? LOL Remember me?

I had gained it all back, and over the past 5 weeks have lost 10 lbs again. This time I'm just calorie counting, and I really like it. To me, it's alot easier than counting WW points.

I'm not changing my ticker though! Gonna get back where I was and then keep going!

Good to "see" you all!
Old 04-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #54  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Things are a lot better today . . . I got a good night's sleep, my tooth is much better (??), and, although it is dull, it is NOT snowing. Funny, after the storm ended, it got quite mild and we ended the day with less snow on the ground than we had before it started snowing. We are supposed to be getting a Nor-Easter tomorrow night, but, for a change, the eastern seabord of the US is going to get hit worse than we are . . . maybe we will all get lucky and it will never develop at all . . . this is crazy, it's the middle of April already.

JANA . . .

SHYLA . . . back . . . we missed you . . .

Hi everybody else. Hope you all have great fun moving and shaking your way to better health and fitness today, gang . . . see you soon.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #55  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Morning Chickies. I have decided to go back to weighing just once a week on saturdays, maybe it will keep me from getting so aggrivated during the week. And good news to report, scales are at 221. Havent seen that number for a few weeks and I am excited to see the scales are moving downward again.

Well gotta get to work. Check back soon.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #56  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

hey girls...Boy has it been a while. Easter holiday had taken hold of me and taken me away. It's usually only an extra long weekend but it turned into being a little longer. My brother and family didn't leave until last wednesday and thursday and friday were spent running for groceries and playing maid. Not to mention the gorgeous pavement and grass has been making an appearance. I went for a 2 mile walk this morning to try and wake up my exercise bug. I think it worked...I think...LOL! Well, girls I don't have a lot of time to do personals. May I just jump in here!? Have a great day!
Old 04-16-2007, 05:30 PM   #57  
Onward and Downward

Hi ROBBIN . . . . . . good idea to only weigh once a week . . . I used to be very good about staying off the scale between WWWs, but not any more. I'd better get back into that weekly groove again, too.

Hi . . . TINA . . . . . . Glad to see you. We missed you, girl. Glad you had a good family visit and glad that your weather is starting to pick up.

Hi EVERYBODY ELSE (wherever you are) . . .

We've been having a very dull, but relatively mild day and the major Nor-Easter warning has been downgraded to mostly rain (maybe a little snow) and, of course, lots and lots of wind, with a possibility of storm surge. Will this Winter never end?

Well, today was the day . . . I finally stopped procrastinating and did my Income Tax and wrote the nasty, nasty cheque to Revenue Canada, always so much fun. Next task on my agenda . . . complete the application forms for CPP (Canada Pension Plan) and OAS (Old Age Security). Wow, you know you've arrived -- you are old -- when they send you the applications in the mail.

Well, all you sweet young things, hope everybody is having a great moving and shaking kind of day doing the good stuff. See you soon.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:06 AM   #58  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Just slinking back in to tell Jana congratulations on hitting onederland.

I'm home with a sick child today so I hope to get back on for a longer post.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:57 AM   #59  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

I want to say thank you to all the congrats, but I must say that hitting onederland is nothing like I thought it was going to be. I've never been in this position before. When I was younger I dropped a lot of weight quickly and never saw the slow move from 200 to 100.

Maybe this is just because I'm so close to 200 (being at 198, I'm only 2lbs away), but I'm so scared I'll see 200 on the scale again and I NEVER and I do mean NEVER want to see that number again. It's like a phobia that has developed all of a sudden.

It's weird because when I used to step on the scale there was always a fear of "will it go up or will it go down" but now it's more like "it can't go up because if it does I'm not going to be in onederland anymore and then what am I going to, I've worked so hard just to get to this point and now I've lost it."

I've been on plan, I have not fallen off, the scale has been stuck at 198, the fear of seeing 200 again is not allowing me to eat anything off plan, which I guess is a good thing.

Sorry, just needed to vent a little!!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful Tuesday!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 12:22 PM   #60  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Tuesday!

Good morning ladies! Hope you are all found well and kicking the pounds to the curb! I feel really invigorated this morning. I'm just stepping back in from my walk. I decided to go to our city's trail system around a lake. Which I thought was a long distance but it turned out to be a tenth of a mile shorter than walking the neighborhood. But oh well, you gotta try these things to find them out!

I wanna really get my groove back like it used to be and now that it's coming onto summer I think it's going to help. I really want to buy new summer clothes, even cuter and smaller than last year. I don't want to feel like I've been stuck in this rut for as long as I have. If memory serves me correct that I think it takes about 20lbs. to lose a size (for me anyways) so I'm going to give myself a 25lb. goal. That oughta do it!

Now I'm gonna try to attempt to catch up a bit....

Erin, how did keeping the scale outta town work? Congrats on the wedding dress fitting. I never got to wear mine so I couldn't judge by that. But I do have some clothes I used to wear before I ballooned up that I could dig out.

Linda, Alyssa was watching a kids channel yesterday and in between shows was a Crazy Frog video. What a funny little dude. I can see why you and your buddy ball have so much fun bouncing to those beats!

Diana, how's Curves? If memory serves me correctly, when I used to go to Curves we did a station for 30sec. Twice around the circle would give you a 1/2hr. workout. I hope you're enjoying it. I certainly did, and it sure tones you in places you even forgot about! LOL!

Emily, hope you had a good spring break! Hope things get a little lighter for you on all regards!

Robbin, your strength is forever inspiring. You just never quit even when the scale has tried to kick you down so many times. I'm glad to see it finally getting the kick instead. You go girl! You motivate me!!

Jana, Jana, Jana!! Wow! I'm so envious of you! Congrats! You make me wanna fight even harder! Thanks for the inspiration. Enjoy your 100's!!

Michelle, welcome back! Glad to know you're back on track again. You sound like you're doing all the right stuff! Keep it up!

Cheryl, I see you're going to steer clear of anymore teenagers. LOL! Glad things are looking up for you again!

Hi Tammy! Good to know you're still with us! How the maintenance practice working for you? I hope all is well!

Shyla, good to see you again! You'll get back into it don't worry. Seems we always have to play around with our plans to find something that works for us individually.

Phew...I hope I caught everyone! Well, I gotta find the advil bottle. If I haven't already had enough visitors last week, TOM decides to show up a week early! Good grief! Have an awesome day girls!

My new motto: "You gotta stand up for yourself, against yourself!" We can be our own worst enemny sometimes.

TTFN!
Closed Thread