Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 07:56 AM   #76  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Yeah Anagram! A loss is a loss! Congratulations!

Well I have a brekkie date with my BGF this morning....so I need to boogey....did a lot of gardening yesterday...the balloon flowers are just bursting through the dirt...I started with 3 plants, and now I have many more...they had babies And the old clematis which my husband tried to kill 2 years ago, has been attacked by rabbits! I cleared out the dead stuff from the trellis (which was all of it, they chewed it off at ground level.) And thank goodness, it is coming back from the root....again. I will fence it.

Anyway must boogey....enjoy the weather Anagram!. It is great! Where is wsw?
Old 05-05-2007, 11:47 AM   #77  

Yea, verily - another gorgeous May Day here in Central PA. My heart is bursting with spring joy.

Yes, the loss is small but I am feeling so much better that I know this is the way to continue. Plus I've been moving about a bit more. PT started on strengthening my RIGHT leg (yes, just the right one). Good thing I do some exercises on BOTH - may have to do more on the LEFT so I'm not OFF (well, some say I am anyway). Off to water the few plants I've put in pots and the four (reduced already to 3 by the bunnies) coleus I planted in the ground. Also will put in six geraniums today or tomorrow - and then THAT'S IT. It really is this time.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:23 PM   #78  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Hey Girlfriends! Just got back from the final choir practice. DH is cooking dinner and then it'll be time to go back for the concert. Wish I'd practiced more, but I probably won't disgrace myself and then next year I'll be better!

Also had too much wine last night, which I'm sure isn't helping me sing my best.

Interesting trying on the same outfit that I wore for the Nov. 11 concert -- both pants and blouse are baggy and were not at all then, although i weigh nearly the same

Anagram, kudos to you on the fluffy release! The sun has finally come out again here. Oh, I hope it stays! I don't remember a cooler or grayer spring. I had to wear my winter jacket, hat and gloves to go for a walk this a.m.

Ceara, bad wabbits! We don't have a lot of them around here, just slugs in the gardens and skunks on the lawns.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #79  

Hello all....

For the first time in memory, I had the past 2-3 days a full blown allergy attack....contant sneezing, running, burning itchy eyes and that was AFTER I took a "once in 24 hrs" generic .... I could tell every time the time release was working because that's when the symptons would subside. Bought the old fashioned take every 4 hrs stuff this am to try and so far its much more bearable. One thing for sure, it deadens all taste buds.... need super flavors to feel like you're eating.... Hot peppers here I come!!

Everyone sounds so positive I hope we can continue feeling the same way for awhile.

I am doing household chores very slowly today although I am playing "Fill 3 trash bags"... I will have more than 3 but its only becuase I found two craft boxes had been also found by the mice. I rescued a small bag that was wrapped in another bag but the remainder had to go into the trash.
So another 2 ft of space is cleared. When I look at the dates on the newspapers things are wrapped in or the prices or even the stores I am amazed how old these "treasures" are. I found upopened candy canes that must be nearly 20 yrs old as the store stamp is one from Connecticut. We havent lived there in that long. Way beyond edible.

I am watching Shear Genius on Bravo. Its interesting to me. I'm off to see the ending.

Take care all!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:28 AM   #80  
the sword bearer

That is great news on the pantsuit Arabella! Things are tightening down! Was your concert last night?

Anagram, how did the planting go? I have some geraniums here to put in also...into pots. I am slowly turning the hanging pots from plastic to peat lined metal ones....much more durable. Those darn plastic hangers break! And those darn plastic pots split! I planted a couple of perennial geraniums yesterday....blue, an ornamental grass, transplanted an unhappy pacysandra and 2 astibes, put in a new to me snowball bush and moved/split a couple hostas this past week end. Plus I chased the lawnmower around on Friday night...I need to dig out some cone flowers for the library, I had 2 potted to go, but I gave 'em away last night....and some black-eyed susans to dig too....they are into the cobblestones, and the same person would like some of them....

The tulips are looking beautiful...and so are the paperwhites....they came in a daffodil mix. Not quite what I was expecting!

Rehearsal was good last night....and DH and I went out for dinner....I had disappointing fish and chips, without the chips, salad instead!

OK, must finish logging and fly! I'm hungry....
Old 05-07-2007, 09:03 AM   #81  

Smile Fresh start Monday!

There was definitely some over-indulgence on Saturday. I had a few non-OP nibblies before dinner and 2 chocolate-walnut tarts after dinner. Plus several glasses of wine.

On the positive side, I had my first woggle of the season and it was good. I'm ready to do that 3 days a week. Yay!

And then yesterday my behavior was poifect. So, I see this as being how it goes for the rest of my life. Healthy eating -- with the occasional whoop-de-do -- and lots of exercise. Sounds like a solid plan!

I'm a wee bit weary today but have walked to gym and done circuits, come back and did a set of tai chi. Got my sheets hanging -- actually on the deck railing, since we lost the clothesline in a wind storm (must replace).

Ceara, yup, the concert was last night. The turn out was a little disappointing but the tickets were a little expensive. Also I'm not sure whether Sunday evening is the best time for a concert. And the sun had also just come out for the first time in a couple of weeks so maybe people wanted to be outside. Aaaanyway... it went okay. Sounded pretty good and I didn't do any impromptu solos (although a few people around me did). Next year I'll be better!

Is Shear Genius about hair styling?

K, Loves, I'd best get some work done (going to try to be efficient at work and get out as much as possible today).

Let's make this a good one!

Old 05-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #82  

Our lovely spring streak continues albeit a little cooler today. More on the way. I've been feeling pretty good - hope it continues. Yes, we do seem positive of late, don't we?

Must get back to the trash tossing too. Slacking off there of late but then I've been getting some other things done. Lots of social stuff the last two days. Overdue.

My plastic hangers all broke too. I do like the peat lined ones I have and might get a few more. Though (repeat after me) I'm not going to put much in this year..................

That's how I see the rest of my life too, Arabella. It's a journey that will never be done. I'll work on it, fail occasionally (or constantly sometimes), hop back on and try to stay very active. Visited today w/94 year old friend and marvelled at her spryness, interest in life, etc. A good role model is some (surely not all) ways. Spent last evening w/two 82 years old and marvelled at how good they look. He played golf four times last week. Both slim and fit (though not without health problems). Seem to spend lots of time observing others and how they've fared. Still trying to learn, I guess.

Busy week. Don't like to be QUITE this busy but things are being accomplished so I'll squeeze in restful moments when I can. Life is good.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #83  
the sword bearer

Guess the operative words in my post were I'm hungry. The day was poifect.......no indisgressions. Then came night....argh! I watched my self do it...3 beers and 3-4 trail mix bars! Boom into the gullet! I need to eat a bigger supper...a hard thing to do on a 4-8 shift...when I'm really not supposed to eat there. And I didn't bring much with me. Resolution....bring supper! Regardless! That being said...off for another poifect..all day....DAY!

You all sound like you are doing well...congrats on the concert Arabella! Anagram...sounds like you are going great guns in the gardens....Flower should have checked in by now......
Old 05-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #84  

Flying by, running late. All goes well on diet and exercise front -- woods-woggled again this morning and then did most of my yoga. Brekkie, shower and Reiki. Now I've got about an hour and a half before I head out to sound yoga Gosh, this self-actualization stuff can be time-consuming!

Ceara, three beers sound good! But I think I'll have mine with nachos or fish and chips inst. trail mix bars, please.

Anagram, yes -- we can always learn so much from others. Even if sometimes it's what we don't want to do as we get older. It's all part of living an intentional life.

K, Dollings, I must actually do some work. Let's hit it!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:28 AM   #85  

Yes, Anagram, you are so right! Its so true for me, the more I learn, the less I realize I know......

Its very foggy here this morning so I am leaving super early....

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and leave you "the thought of the day"

Thought of the day :

"Always remember, there is more strength in you than you ever realized or
imagined.
Certainly, nothing can keep you down if you are determined to get on top of
things and stay
there."
Norman Vincent Peale.

Question of the day :

"Have you or would you mountain climb?"

Take care all!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #86  

Another beautiful day here. Feeling the rain though that we're supposed to be getting tomorrow or next day.

Been battling squirrels who are pulling out my little flowers as fast as I put them in.

PT has gotten more involved and I think now qualifies as "exercise". Coming along fine.

Doctors scales! Don't you love 'em? Saw internist yesterday, liked what his scale said. Saw gyn today, his was 3 pounds heavier. Weighed in the same on my scale at home on both days. I'm sticking w/internist scale as he's the one that has record of me at my highest. So I can always point out that it was 46 lbs lighter as of yesterday. Of course, most of that was lost years ago but still - holding is good too.

Any kind of drink is sounding good to me right now With meds, don't have any very often but there is a bar down stairs and some booze going to waste. Tomorrow's another day........

So, goodnight Faire Queens - present and accounted for in the palace or floating around in other realms or currently unable to respond to our calls.
I think of May as one of our "bonding" months. Of course, October is a big one in our Queendom. But thoughts of Maypoles and spring bring back fond memories of our early days. So, off..............
Old 05-09-2007, 08:58 PM   #87  

THOUGHT OF DAY - No and No, I couldn't. Used to hike up mountains in earlier days but never actual mountain climbing.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:35 AM   #88  

Hello all,

We have dense fog again this am... I am leaving extra early....
Got my water in yesterday.....

Hope all Royals are finding Thursday to their liking!

Thought of the day:

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything.
They just make the best of everything."
from "The Coffecup"

Quesiton of the day :

"How often do you read a newspaper? Is it paper or online?"

Off to see, find or be the Wizard!
Old 05-10-2007, 07:55 AM   #89  
the sword bearer

Very rarely. I read the obits occassionally online. Just to see if I'm there! Never been mountain climbing...no urge to either.

'Tis foggy here too...the buses aren't running in am but will this pm. So I am off for a woggle...I love the images that brings up. I'm doing 15 minutes in total...5 joggling and 10 walking..then any extra walking is a bonus! So far I'm surviving....

Thank goodness the squirrels haven't discovered us here...the trees are not mature enough to support them. Gardens are coming along....I have many more barrows of dirt to move, and many more plants to plant! Need to get some coneflowers out and moved down to the library....they've been rained on so the outing part would be easy.....Also am moving hostas around, they aren't terribly happy where they are, and I have a spot for them...if it isn't too hot.....am doing sun study there at the moment. Wish the danged thing would come out!

Gotta go!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #90  

Yes, hard to study sun w/o sun.

Yes, I read paper daily. Hard copy. Was reading a bit on patio earlier as windowwashers were here. Now I'm vacuuming before I put things back in place. Well, at least I'll do the first floor. Tomorrow's another day as far as the second floor is concerned. One more chore off the list (I manage to get very tired even watching other people work).

Grass guy not here yet. Neighbor must be close to a breakdown. She's forever calling these people (invoking my name as well as hers). I am not getting far in my campaign to teach her to stop sweating the small stuff. She called him MORE THAN TWO HOURS AGO to see where he was. He SAID he'd be here Thursday. I thought she and I had agreed to give him the whole day to get here and not call until tomorrow. I am much too lazy to worry about all this stuff and she calls me all the time to tell me she's called {"whoever"} Ah well, she takes care of me, I guess.

In case you wondered how I could write and vacuum, of course, I can't. So it's back to the machinations.
Closed Thread