Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 08:14 AM   #61  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Cool Fluffy... white... SNOW!

Yup, woke up to see the ground blanketed with it again. Hooray, hooray for the first of May But it can't last, will probably rain.

Day one of detox under my belt and I've been fighting back an urge for coffee -- even organic decaf! rettyplease: The issue is the milk, but I was thinking if I snuck out and got some organic milk... Probably shouldn't though. Maybe I can learn to like it with soy milk? I switched with tea years back and I came to truly prefer soy in it before long. We'll see...

Choir practice was good last night although I kept thinking "If I'd been to all the practices I'd be able to sing the heck out of this music." Ah well... I DO intend to practice this week. Concert's next Sunday, Haydn's Mass in Time of War.

Ceara, wow -- class cancelled? What kind of weather are you getting?

Anagram, your plan for Elderhostel sounds so much like the way I'd approach it. What kind of music is on the Croation station?

Kaylets, I have had that same experience with baby carrots except that it kept me awake all night. Shoot -- moderation in all things, even frickin' little baby carrots!

K, dollings I must do some work. Got sound yoga at lunch . Let's make this a good one!

Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 AM   #62  

OH! Almost forgot that I'm actually down a pound today and in virgin territory for the last few years. Can't wait to break the next "decade!"
Old 05-01-2007, 09:34 AM   #63  

Drat - just lost a nice post. Will come back when I'm back in my May Day mood.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:28 PM   #64  

Ah, Anagram, I know that feeling.... I put my whole heart and soul into a post and pFFFTTTTT .... LOST IN CYBERSPACE......

Maybe on a parallel internet, we have a parallel chat. Hopefully, I am slim and trim and still at goal weight......

Ah well...

Worked very late this eveing, took a shower when I came in and sat down to watch Idol.
Noticed today when I took a stairway, the knee was protesting. But I will persist and find a middle ground. I am carrying much of the weight gain in my midriff and I know the more I can get up and down stairs, the more the midsection can flatten.

Brought celery to work today. I've decided that since I'm more there than home, I am also going to bring a container that I can have celery and water so the celery is super crisp. I truly don't know why I never thought of this kind of stuff before. After all, I spend more than 1/2 my day there, why do I make myself wait to be at home.

Yes, Ceara, what kind of weather are we talking? Is the class outside and you have rain?

And yes, Wood Nymph, I hope your snow melted.

I'm off to find some things to declutter..... to throw or give away...just need to do it!!!

Night all....
Old 05-02-2007, 05:51 AM   #65  

Hello all....

We had rain last n ight .....now this morning, its very,very humid....

I'm already sweating.... Let me see, what was I wishing for in January?

Thought of the day :

"The purpose of a life is a life with purpose."
Robert Byrne

Question of the day :

"What's for lunch?"

Lets make this a good one!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:01 AM   #66  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Arabella congratulations of the "virgin" territory.....it is a wonderful feeling isn't it? Especially when the scale starts to consistantly stay there! Anagram...I hate that when it happens....the trees here look so naked compare to the ones over your way...our leaves are way behind! How are your gardens doing? Kaye...good plan on the snackies...celery is a good crunch....add a little peanut butter, it will stay longer with you!

Class visit...the kids walk about 7 blocks to the library, and they were grade 2, so they don't like to get 'em wet. They are so cute, they could melt you know. Just thunder storms...no snow.

Am 1 pound away from ticker....the water weight is coming off. Walk/ran yesterday...the old walk 2, run 1 thing. Haven't done that since last Nov/Dec. Once my lungs were in danger of freezing, I quit running. Wasn't too bad.

We managed to get to Jamestown while in VA....it is their 400 anniversary and there is a rather interesting write-up in this months' National Geographic! Anyway, we were at the original settlement...not the newer one. They are still excavating their way through it....have built a new museum, to house and display the artifacts....some really interesting things, plus 2 skeletons on display. After they excavate and document each part of the site, they fill it back in....the original brick work is so old that it will crumble in a short time if left exposed to the air. The soil is the best way to preserve it. Jamestown was a very busy little colony...and they sure changed the course of North America...read the article!

Anyway...looks grey out there....but not drippy I have to walk, and then DH and I are off to the licence bureau...he can't find the ownership for the car I own, and he wants to put back on the road....so must boogey. Besides the heathens are whining.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:06 PM   #67  

Hey Queenies!

Busy here -- I've got tons of work stuff to do, the concert to practice for and DH's piece about his mom to edit. And I'm tired! :snore: I've got a Reiki share group tonight so maybe that'll fix me up. (Practitioners get together to... practice)

Kaylets -- heat? I can hardly imagine it! Enjoy your AC.

Ceara, Jamestown sounds very interesting -- think I've heard a bit about it before but I must go look it up...

Anagram, I feel deprived! Really makes you think there's a on the Internet just waiting to snatch away those good posts. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever lost one that was just a fly-by nuthin'

That said, I'm sure this post is safe and I'm off again. Mmmmmwwwwaaaa!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #68  

Didn't get back yesterday - I feel like I said it all. Tomorrow I'll catch up. Two perfectly gorgeous days and I've been so mellow. Too sleepy now to get it all out and down on "paper" but sending love to all Royals.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:58 AM   #69  

Hello all!

HAPPY THURSDAY!

I am beginning to feel that "its great to be eating well and moving more" feeling.... Another personal reminder.....

Thought of the day :

"........Do it big, ...do it with style!"
Fred Astaire

Question of the day :

"How often do you wear sneakers?'

Overslept fo the first time in years.... all of us running out the door.....

Take care!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:40 AM   #70  
the sword bearer

Last night was a good night for sleeping! I slept well too...but when you have 5 four-footed alarm clocks, you don't sleep in. Ever.

The day looks nice...sunny, cool and springy. Gotta love it! I think I need to go to the doctor...my cold is on the end of it's third week? Not a cold. Darn thing.

Have grade 1's coming today, and the computers were out last night...so, it may not be an easy process this am!

I am going to Halifax! In June...for the week-end...it is my DB 50th. And on the ticker front, I am where it sez I am! Yeah!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:19 AM   #71  

Smile *yawn* G'morning, Queenies!

Reiki share was good last night but it went later than scheduled. Too much talk beforehand! I wouldn't care if I could sleep later than 5 but I can't. Yup, I need a vacation. One without a 5 a.m. alarum.

Cloudy, cold and drizzly today. We're really not getting a very nice spring here. I'm trying to decide what form exercise will take.

Ceara, cool that you're going to Halifax. That's our nearest "city getaway." Kudos on getting right back to ticker so quickly, too!

Kaylets, hmmm... if you count running shoes, probably 3-5 days a week for me. But I mostly wear clogs or my fuschia mocs around the house.

Anagram, can you send some gorgeous weather vibes this way? Won't ask for weather itself since, of course, you can't actually spare it. Gosh -- talk about leaves on trees and gardens growing makes me a little envious.

But... we have now a single daff in bloom and tulips on the way up, crocuses doing their best to cheer. This fall I intend to get a lot of early spring bulbs for naturalizing. There are a number of lawns around that have big swaths of lovely blue... not sure what they are, actually, and snowdrops crocuses, miniature iris. Such a magical look!

WSW, sending vibes your way... : Hope you're well!

Katrina, Be thee about?

K, s -- let's hit it!

Old 05-04-2007, 08:03 AM   #72  
the sword bearer

Mornin'...They could be grape hyacinths...they often are used for naturalizing....got to be brief...I am working at 10-12:30 in another branch and I need to visit the shower and the breakfast calls....so I will endeavour to visit later!

Sneakers....every day! I have about 4 pairs, in various rotational spots...grass cutting ones, daily ones, walking ones, running ones....I tend to wear open flip flops with drains in the soles mostly though....

Bye!
Old 05-04-2007, 09:41 AM   #73  

Smile 2 daffs and counting

More flowers coming up. We've had some rain, which we needed. Now we just need a little sun!

Back from gym and brekkied, done a little work. I've absolutely got to get some practice in for the concert today. Will do, too. Then that's it for the choir till the fall. I feel like I've got a lot going on these days. But several things go on hiatus over the summer so that'll free some time up.

We've got a dinner party on for tomorrow and then final practice and concert on Sunday.

Ceara, they're not grape hyacinths but in that color range. They're smaller but tend to grow in swaths. So sweet! I was very happy that DH seemed to like the idea of naturalizing spring flowers in the grass.

I must away to shower mine own self. DH will be home for lunch before I know it! Have a great day, lies!

Old 05-04-2007, 01:48 PM   #74  

Yikes - where've I been!!! I guess mostly enjoying the beautiful days we've had all week. Sunny bright, low humidity, pretty, flowering, springlike. And I've been feeling, doing much better. I guess PT is helping foot after all and I also made it to pool yesterday.

Croatian music is mostly stringed and somewhat similar to Russian music, played on a tambura instead of a balalaika. The show also plays a lot of polkas (of somewhat dubious musical quality) that I also enjoy. DH was of Croatian background and listened more or less regularly but I'd not tuned it in since he died - so it was another one of those little steps along the way.

Enjoy yourconcert - sending you "happy, proud" vibes, Arabella.

I love the thought of you surrounded by all those wee ones, ceara.

If I count only recent two months re sneakers question, I'd have to say once. I tried on a pair the other day (well, tried 3, could get into one) and that was it since before foot surgery. Before that, I'd say it was for part of every day. Sill wearing the sandals, swelling is down but not gone.

Off to PT shortly - then a leisurely weekend. Still not driving much so am prone to getting stuff done since I'm here so much. Next week looking much more active - like it or not.

Still doing the May Pole dance ................
Old 05-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #75  

Ooops, forgot yesterday was "official" weigh in. Down .6 from start two weeks ago. At least it wasn't UP like prior week.
Closed Thread