Old 04-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default It's April in Australia for the Chicks Around the World

Although it was tough leaving that beautiful resort in Mexico, I think we'll have quite the adventure spending April in Australia. (Did someone remember to smuggle Mr. Igor into their suitcase and bring him along?) Mel ?????

Ok, I got us here - good thing we didn't land yesterday. Did you read about the voluntary blackout in Sydney yesterday to bring about awareness for Global Warming? Good on yah mates!

From here on it's up to Shad and Suzi to choose the places we visit and the things we see...

We have new smilies too!

I have to find an Easter Smilie. Be back in a flash...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:37 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there! Just a quickie to tell you I closed the Mexico thread. I've been there but have never been to Oz so may be popping in here more often. We need a kangaroo smiley as well as some Easter ones.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:05 AM   #3  
Choose your hard

Hi Mel,

I see your light on. Once again you are lurking behind me and I DID notice your colorful lizard and thought to myself - hey, she's in the groove there!

Here's some Easter Smilies just so we feel in the mood. Can't believe Easter is a week away.

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-01-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added some pics
Old 04-01-2007, 11:30 AM   #4  
Choose your hard

Here's some "native" smilies for our new surroundings

And of course there are the larger than life flying insects and stick bugs And aren't there sharks off the coastal waters?

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-01-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #5  
Choose your hard

Wow, Ruthie is on the ball there cleaning us up! Hello to Ruth

It's a quiet weekend here on the boards. Everyone is off being busy like they should be. I need to go to the library and drop off my overdue books, plan my meals for the week and go grocery shopping. Then there is laundry. and dishes and the floor needs a good cleaning too That's enough to kill the day.

Anyone want that cheesecake I bought? Oh me oh my. That was a lesson learned. I looked at the nutrition content on the box Usually I do look at labels but I was just in a mode where my belly took over my brain. I might freeze a few pieces for a once a month treat but I will be giving away half that cake. It was fabulous and the pre-cut portion sizes are appropriate but it's just simply not something that should be eaten more than 2 or 3 times a year. It's good that I rarely use my extra WW points because I sure burned them on this one. Lesson learned - ALWAYS read the box first.

Mel, I hope you have a quiet Sunday and can maybe get a short snooze in. That's a good thing that Jen found a friend she can hang with. As for the family... well, it's sad that Ritchie has one of the common dysfunctional families. DH and I were talking yesterday. He is disgusted with his too. Makes me feel very sad for him

Ok, I have burned 2 hours here at the computer (and I wonder where my day goes! ) Better get rolling here. Enjoy what's left of your weekend ladies...
Old 04-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #6  
Radiate self!

Hi everybody! What a grand adventure in Oz we are going to have this month... wheeee!

Happy-my library has an online feature which emails me two days before my books are due... maybe your library system has something close?
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I asked Suzanne about Easter smilies and here they are!

She put them in the list before St. Patrick's day.
Have fun!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

http://www.valleyofthegiants.com.au/
http://www.margaretriver.com/pages.asp?code=500
http://www.atn.com.au/nt/south/uluru.htm
http://www.opalcapitaloftheworld.com.au/
http://www.sydneyaustralia.com/
http://www.driveqld.com.au/qldhols/d...8-D2C703183DDE

Will this work??
Haven't got time to stop. I'll see if these links work and then we can begin our journey across Aus. I'll be back to explain where we are going this month. That's if the predicted Tsunami from the Solomon Islands earthquake doesn't hit us at 9.30am as predicted.

If I don't come back, I'm swimming!!!!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:36 PM   #9  

Welcome to my country ladies... shame your arrival coincides with the onset of autumn, but never mind - it's probably still a lot warmer now than in a lot of countries entering spring!
senorita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Here comes the Easter bunny. Mel, I'm sure you can remember the words. Here comes Peter cotton tail hopping down the bunny trail, hippity, hoppity Easter's on it's way.

Made short but eventful trip to Paragould this week end. Shampooed my aunt and uncle's living room carpet. It does look a lot better.

Just verified my going to Springfield this week end. She told me that she is starting a new job this week, and will be taking classes to get her Master's degree in Nursing. She's is going to have a full load for the next couple of years. I think she is tired of the managing part of Nursing.

Senorita--Welcome to our little group.

Ruthxx--Hello

Happy--Put away that cheese cake, I should not scold you though cause I had a hostess Twinkie this afternoon but it was toooooo sweet. No more of those.I forgot that we were coming to Australia.

Shad--A tsunami, yikes. I hope it isn't as powerful as the one that hit India.

Mel--Have you gotten rested over the week end.

Hello to all the rest.

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-01-2007 at 09:30 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:30 AM   #11  
Choose your hard

Random thoughts of madness as I wait for the last load to finish in the dryer...

Shad - all your links work just fine. How gorgeous. I must find a way to get out and visit you some day! Coober Pedy? Isn't that where it's so bloody hot they have to live UNDERGROUND? I am most excited to tour your homeland. I saw the tsunami on the news online. Was wondering if it was going to head your way. Looked dangerously close. There's other ways of getting your swimming in my friend - be safe.

Oh, was going to tell you a few weeks ago we stopped at the Agricenter out by us. It's basically a large building for trade shows and such. They had a HUGE map of the world on one large wall. Australia alone was half the size of me which means I could actually read the markings on the map I pointed out to DH several of the places you traveled to for work. It was kind of cool.

Ceejay - thanks for slapping the cheesecake away. It's just too many points to waste. Funny you should say the twinkie was too sweet. I was thinking the same of the flavored coffee creamer this morning. Wanted to cut it with FF half and half (a wonderful product for keeping the creaminess but cutting the fat and calories) but the store was out of most of everything this afternoon.

Senorita - thanks for the welcome. Do join us if you like. I think for many of us, your autumn will be just fine in the temperature department. Not sure many of us (like me) could handle the blazing summer heat too well.

Thanks Ruth for pointing out the Easter smilies. I must have just buzzed past them when I was looking earlier today. Thanks to Suzanne too

Meadow - once again, you've come up with an awesome graphic. You are so talented! Our library just started the program where they will email you to remind you about your books. I always remember, it's just that I'm not finished reading them in time Besides - I sort of consider it my little indirect contribution to the library I used to donate books to the library (recent popular ones, not old stuff) but then I found out that mostly they just turn around and sell the books I paid 20 dollars or more to the friends of the library sale where they get sold for 50 cents or a dollar. Somehow I can't come to terms with that.

I have to say that if you need a big motivator to stick to the diet, then go clothes shopping. Look in the 3 way mirror. Really open your eyes to what you look like. Turn all around, to the side and to the back. Be honest about what you REALLY look like. Then go home, go for a walk and then eat a salad for supper

I wasn't sure I was going to like WW online. At first I groused about the points tracker and how much work it was and how it took so much time (oh poor me). I've gotten used to it now and I actually like it. It does keep me on track and even if I've gone off track a bit, I've promised myself that at the very least I will be HONEST about tracking my food. And if I see I've been high in points, I adjust. I do resent giving so many points to dairy tho. And we're supposed to eat extra dairy. Ice cream does not really count I guess I don't mind the online because I am always searching for the WW leader who is inspiring. I had one once and believe it or not, it was a guy. He was fantastic. It was a long, long time ago and no one has ever really measured up since. WW online is a little more than 1/4 the price of the online meetings. Of course you have to print your own recipes, but there is quite a bit of information available to you online. And it cheers you on or gently wags a finger if you've lost or gained at the weekly weigh in. Just like anything - you get out of it what you put into it. Good housekeeping Magazine had an article of 5 women who lost substantial amounts of weight on 4 different diet plans. It can be done without pills or surgery.

Ok, the dryer finally finished. Time for me to do a quick fold and then hop into bed. Goodnight all...

Last edited by happy2bme; 04-02-2007 at 08:54 AM. Reason: fix typos
Old 04-02-2007, 02:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Okay, to explain my websites:
We are starting our journey in Western Australia right at the very bottom of the State and we will check out the Valley of the Giants. Here you can climb the fairly gentle slope of the Treetops walk and view the giant trees from a birds eye perspective. If that doesn't suit, take a wander through the ancient empire and see these magnificent trees from the inside - yep some of them are hollow and you can actually walk right through them. They are still alive so no carving your initials on them or the words 'I wuz ere' and even worse 'I wuz here too' Mel can get her wheelchair through here.

Next week we will move on to Uluru and for exercise you can walk around the rock - I believe it is 9 or 10 kilometres (about 6 miles), but we can talk about that later. In the meantime kick back and enjoy the rugged coastline of South Western Australia, have a glass or two on the verandah of an evening (some good whites come from Margaret River up the road abit, not to mention delightful cheeses) and enjoy the trees.

Rotten day today - first day of go live. The implementation went okay - my training database has not been refreshed properly and the posting period is not right so, life is fun in the training room - add to that a class where no one wants to be there or doesn't understand what I am saying because he's never done this before (so why are you here?) and I am about to go home for a glass of wine or maybe two or three or four. No I am not, I am going home to swim and exercise because I didn't get to gym this morning owing to the fact that I was scheduled in three places at once to train three different things. Life is grand eh what.

Back tomorrow.

PS - the tsunami petered out and came to nothing. I've yet to hear about damage and destruction from the earthquake in the Solomon Islands. It was reputed to be 8.1 on the Richter - that's huge.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:51 AM   #13  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Default The Worldly Chicks Have Landed!!!

I'M SO HAPPY!!! WE HAVE NEW SMILIES AND A NEW HOME! THIS IS A GREAT START TO A NEW WEEK!

WE HAD A GOOD OLD-FASHIONED SPRING RAIN STORM LAST NIGHT AND GUESS IT KNOCKED OUT THE CABLE TV. NOTHING OF INTEREST IS ON THE AGENDA FOR TODAY.
SO HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK & BE GOOD TO YOURSELVES!

HAPPY THANKS FOR THE MOVE!
YOU DID A GREAT JOB GETTING THE BALL ROLLING AND HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY TO YOU ALSO....BETTER LATE THAN NEVER. I LOVE YOU LITTLE SMILIES!! THE WASHER ONE CRACKS ME UP!! THAT MAP SOUNDED GREAT. EVEN I COULD READ SOMETHING LIKE THAT. DID YOU POINT ME OUT TOO? HOPE THE ARM GOT A GOOD REST OVER THE WEEKEND! THE WW THING SOUNDS GREAT!!
GOOD LUCK!! WE CAN SALVAGE 2007!!

SHAD~ THANKS FOR THE LINKS AND I WILL GO AND TAKE A LOOK LATER WHEN THE PEEPERS WAKE UP. HAVE A GOOD WEEK! GLAD THE TSUNAMI FIZZLED OUT. I WAS WATCHING THE NEWS LAST NIGHT BEFORE BED. HOPE THE SOLOMON'S SURVIVED ALSO. I'LL HAVE TO GOOGLE THE WEATHER TILL THE TV COMES BACK ON.

CEEJAY~ HOW NICE OF YOU TO GIVE THE A&U A CARPET SHAMPOOING!! YEP I HAD A GOOD REST. HOPE YOU DID THE SAME. THINK I WILL GET OUT MY PETER COTTONTAIL TAPE OUT AND WATCH IT TODAY!!!
THANKS FOR THE SONG. I WILL BE SINGING IT ALL DAY!!!!

MEADOW~ SAT HERE LAUGHING AT THE PIC!! AT LEAST IT GOT YOU OUT OF THE WOODWORK FOR 2 MINUTES!! THANKS FOR THE MORNING LAUGH!

MISS RUTH!!!!!!!!!!!! WITH ALL YOUR XXXXXX'S!!
GOOD TO SEE YOU!! HOPE ALL IS WELL AND YOU REALLY DO COME AND KEEP US COMPANY WHEN YOU HAVE A MOMENT!!

SENORITA AND NICE OF YOU TO STOP BY OUR LITTLE GROUP. WE JUST VISITED MEXICO AND CAME HERE TO AUSTRALIA TO VISIT WITH SHAD AND SUZI. HOPE YOU JOIN US FOR THE RIDE!

MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:58 AM   #14  
Choose your hard

Good Morning Mel - I see you shining above me. I'm running late (what else is new? ) Be back tonight...
Old 04-02-2007, 09:58 AM   #15  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

DONTCHA JUST LOVE NEW SMILIES???
HELLO HAPPY! SEE YA LATER.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote