Old 10-12-2006, 08:46 AM   #1  

Default Just DEW It!! Diet, Exercise, Water ~ New Members Welcome!

Hello everyone:

This is our new thread entitled "Just DEW It!" Diet, Exercise & Water

We were originally "The Diet Journey of 2006" and we decided to freshen up our appearance and look for some new members.

Don't be shy, just jump right in and introduce yourself. We like to talk about motivation, exercise, food, recipes, and general chatter. We normally post our weight loss weekly. We do different diet programs so whatever one you chose, come take a walk with us and chat on the road to a better you!

Hope to see you here!

Mo
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:53 AM   #2  

Default Thursday 10/12

OK girls our new thread is started!

WW points were ok yesterday.

B: oatmeal 2
L: banana, no fat muffin, pretzels 10
D: ham & RF cheese omelette & toast 12
S: 1/2 no fat muffin 4

These are guesses but I think they're pretty close, total of 28 points for the day. Not too bad, especially after Tuesday.

Maybe we should re-introduce ourselves in case we get new members.

I'm married with two kids, boy 12, girl 10 and live in Connecticut. I work as a secretary. Hobbies (besides eating) reading, baking, bargain hunting. My current goal is to find time for myself and in doing that...get into the exercise mode and start using my new bicycle.

Mo
Old 10-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

Hi Everyone.. well now i thought our name was going to be Just DEW it! It reads diet exerciese and water..etc... longer name than the original.. haha
Anyways... Thanks for getting it startted Mo.....

Here was last weeks stats.. danielle you will have to put yours down for last week so we can see who is where...
start: Week1 Week2 Week3 Week 4 Total Loss
Kim: 234 (231)-3 -3
Mo: 210.8
Nori: 224
Serena: 184
Catherine:
Danielle :

I am total down -3(231) hoping for another good loss before aunt flo cmes..yikes!! then hide the chocolate!! Today rushing around so no time to do a real post.. Losong vibes to all of you.. stay OP and focus on what and why you're eating.. I got into a habit if I shoved something in my mouth mindlessly I spit it out in the trash.. maybe gross..but not as gross as the flab hanging off my butt and thighs..haha;; see ya.. Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #4  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

FYI: Here's a link to the old thread we were posting on: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72673

Hi Ladies! Thanks Mo for starting the new thread. Hopefully we can get some newbies!

I'm Nori, live in Washington state, 35yo, married to J since 1999, 2 daughters ages 3y (in November) and 18m. I've been fat for most of my adult life, and obese for at least 10. My high weight was 284 about 8 years ago and then I lost 115 pounds very quickly, on a VLCD, only to gain almost all of it back over the past 7 years. Finally last January I heard that "click" in my head and decided to get healthy for me and my kiddos...that and the fact that I was growing out of all my size 20's. I try to eat 5 300 calorie meals a day and exercise 5 days a week. My weight loss has been slow, but I've been learning alot about what works and odesn't work for me.

Last edited by Nori71; 10-12-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #5  
One life, live it well

QOTD ("Quote Of The Day") : "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine
Old 10-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #6  
Shannon

S/C/G: 228/178/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Mind if I join in?

Hey everyone! My name is Shannon, I'm 22 and have been married for 4 years to Josh. We have two daughters, Morgan, 2, and Hailey, 4 months. I weighed in at 228 lbs the day I had my second daughter, and now I'm down 40 lbs. I've been stuck at 187-189 for almost two months now (I weighed 188.8 this morning). I'd really like to lose 2 lbs a week, but I'm breastfeeding and that seems to effect my supply. That also means that I need 200-500 more calories a day! Ugh! It's hard to eat enough calories, but I do what I can do.

Anyhow, I can't wait to join in the chat! I don't have a whole lot of free time, but I'll be here when I can!
mtp_and_hmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:09 PM   #7  
One life, live it well

Hi Shannon! WELCOME! I have 2 dd's also and understand not having a whole lot of free time. I didn't lose weight easily while breastfeeding either - and it was hard with the whole supply issues also. Worth it though! Congrats on the 40+ pounds gone! Being stuck at a certain point is a whole lot better than going up.

Off to work...
Old 10-12-2006, 04:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Hi.I'm Lynn.I'm 40 and live in Ma.I have one daughter 12.Married to a great guy for 3years now.My goal is to lose 10 more pounds.I haven't lost in awhile and I know I have to stop sabotageing myself.I am a Weight Watcher though have been loosely trying the fatsmash diet.I cheat too much on that so I am going back to core again.I did pick up a couple of good habits there that i will continue.Reatmeal and yogurt.
My exercise for today is as follows:
weight training class-60 min.
elliptical-35min.
arc trainer-35 min.
My eating today has been OP so far.My water intake is 75ounces.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:34 PM   #9  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

Hi - I'm Ashley, live in South Carolina, 47yo, divorced, 2 grown children.

After yo-yo dieting forever, I ballooned up to 229 a couple of years ago. Finally got serious, paid for a couple of visits with a nutritionist and exercise counselor and dropped 40 pounds. After keeping it off for two years, the weight started creeping back up this summer, so here I am.

I'm counting calories, eating every few hours and drinking lots of water. I was exercising very faithfully, but had shoulder surgery a couple of weeks ago so the exercise was basically halted. I'm back to walking 5,000 steps per day, so slowly building back up, but it will be a long time before I can get back to kick-boxing at the gym.

I joined 3FC in late August, and have found the support to be a tremendous help to my efforts. The challenge thread keeps me accountable to report my challenge results every day. 3FC is a godsend!
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:46 AM   #10  

Default Friday!!!

Good morning ladies!!

I was so excited this morning when I logged on and found three new ladies joined our group! I guess the new thread did the trick. Hopefully some of our old buddies will find us and join us here too.

Welcomes:

Hello Shannon: glad you're here. Congrats on the new baby, oh to be a mom of an infant again, besides cuddling an infant one of the things I miss most is the smell of the body wash and powders! I hope your daughter Morgan is adjusting well to being a big sister. I miss walking with the stroller and spending time at the park. Boy, those days go by SO fast!!!

Hi Lynn: Wow, what a great exercise regimen, I need to get my butt moving. I was tired just reading your list. What part of Mass do you live in? What is fatsmash? Great job on your water intake, I really stink at that. It's not that I don't like it, I just forget and when I do remember I'm running to the bathroom every 20 minutes. By the way, I love your sign on name. My goal is to in shape by 40 which will be in 5 short months

Ashley: so nice to meet you. It sounds like that nutritionist really helped. I like the idea of more smaller meals, that's what Nori does. I have been keeping some snacks and filling in with them between meals. Mostly fruit and an occasional small amount of pretzels or light popcorn.

Kim: I'll shorten the title of the thread next week. I just wanted our new members to know what DEW stood for. Do you think we should start a new thread each week? Congrats on -3!! I hope Aunt Flo comes and goes quickly...move away from the chocolate! I found some chocolate biscotti that has only 2 points...it does the trick for the chocolate fix.

Nori: you haven't said much about the new job, how's it working out? What are you doing again, I have a terrible memory! I somehow don't forget to eat though!

Yesterday I was low on my points because I got disgusted with myself for eating my kids leftovers and for punishment I made that be my dinner.
B: oatmeal & tea 2
L: popcorn, banana, yogurt 2
D: kids leftovers: 1/2 chicken tender, two bites of
mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup of chicken noodle soup,
2 slices of buffalo chicken (from the deli) 9
S: tea and biscotti, mini lollipop 3
Water: 20 oz?? Points: 16

I can't wait to get to know everyone better and I can't wait to weigh in on Monday. I really want to start exercising. Tonight I have to go with DD to school from 7-9 for an astronomy thing. Some guy brings telescopes in so I'm sure I'll be outside freezing my butt off.

Talk to you guys later.

Mo
Old 10-13-2006, 12:23 PM   #11  
One life, live it well

Mo - I'm a billing rep at a large Family Practice/Residency Program. There's around 100 employees, including docs and residents. It's a nice place. The peditrician I take the girls to works there too - so that's a nice perk. I'm a lab teck by training, but this schedule worked better with DH's school schedule and the girls right now.

YEAH, more posters here! Nice to meet you ladies.

Ashley, it sounds like you and I are doing the same "plan". You're having great success!

Lynn - what is the FatSmash diet? I've heard about it (probably on TV?) before, but don't know anything about it. You are SO close to your goal! WTG!

Well, I have a full day at work today and have to take my girls to daycare now. I don't think I can log on here anymore at work. They just installed some security filters and it sucks!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #12  

Default Ever have one of those days?.....

Oh boy, I just spent 90 minutes on the phone with Cingular straightening out my new phone bill. They overcharged me $130+ Then I went to the credit union and found out that a check DH friend gave me for $1,100 bounced and is being returned and I'll be charged a $25 fee. Then I realized I paid my Comcast bill twice (and it was a double bill $304.00!). DH is away and the money he left for me, he thought it was spending money for me but didn't realize I had to pay the babysitter the two weeks he would be away. He told me to go to the bank but I don't have time! He's going to owe me big time when he gets home this weekend!!

I'm starting to get a headache. Now I just realized it's Friday the 13th!!! I think I'll skip a real lunch and treat myself to a couple slices of pizza tonight!

Mo
Old 10-13-2006, 12:58 PM   #13  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning ladies i'd love to join My name is Michelle im 34 married to Chris for 5 almost 6 years (12-05-2006) i have 4 kids Jessica 17 George 16 Angelica 15 And james 11 glad to be apart of this im WW also i've been doing ok OP this week i wieght'd in this morning and i was down 1 lb but it seems like the weekends kill my points FOOTBALL uggg
well i hope i can join this thread
thanks
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:49 PM   #14  

Default Wow

Wow, when I logged on I thought, my goodness, am I behind. Anyway nice to see all the new people.

I'm Serena, 29 almost 30, married for almost 10 years with 3 boys (1,3, and 5). I've been overweight for about 6 years now. My weight gain started witha medical condition and continued with babies and lack of control. I've been on WW for about 3 months now (This is not my first time) I've lost 11 pounds. If I had followed the plan just like I was suppose to I would be about 18 pounds lighter by now. Anyway, I started WW after my first baby and lost about 15 pounds when I found out I was pregnant again. I tried going back on it several times but my heart just wasn't in it so of course it didn't work. I had hoped to be a lot farther by my 30th bday but that is only in about a week so it's not gonna happen but maybe atleast by my 10th anniversary.

Anyway, it's nice to hear from everyone and good luck to everyone.
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:47 PM   #15  

Hi ladies, I was just checking in. I hope everyone does good this weekend and I hope I get to do some exercise! I have a lot of cleaning to do tomorrow after soccer. I thought I'd surprise DH and half the house half way clean for when he comes home

He said he was going to bring me some of my favorite candies. I said well just get a few for my Christmas stocking. Of course he tells me on the phone the other night he bought a whole case of them!!

Good night.

Mo