Old 04-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #16  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! I'm waiting for Bob to get home from singing practice at church. He is part of a play/skit/presentation for tomorrow night. I got my perm this morning . . . I ALWAYS have to wait and it makes me crabby. I had a doctor's appt. this afternoon and he said my knee is good as new and my bp is where he wants it for a change. Then I returned my cat chores key and had coffee and conversation with the cat mom. One of her crabby cats stuck a claw in my hand when I tried to pet her -- told her that was the hand that fed her and she best be nice to me! It's cold and windy again today -- snow flurries this morning and the sun is out now. Such weather! Everyone has their outside flowers covered up except us; Bob said they would survive and it was too windy for me to go out by myself.

"Gma" -- I've always considered Iowa as a midwestern state until we moved to Ohio and that is supposedly a midwestern state also. To me Ohio is an eastern state and the people there think Iowa is still Indian country "outwest!" Anyhow, we are closer to Sioux City that Des Moines -- right in the center of the northwest corner of Iowa. Lots of times people assume we are the potato growing state of Idaho. I guess Iowa and Idaho must sound alike to some people. I'm glad you got your house back in order -- you are much more organized than I am. Someday I will get my act together again!

Susan -- Thank you for sharing the 8 Secrets with us. They all make perfect sense! I know I have thin friends who fit each description perfectly. Also thank you for sharing your chicken recipe; if you have talked about it before I must not have been listening. I'm glad that Stan is doing so well . . . a sandwich in the middle of the night yet! Good for him! Congrats on being in the 140s! Does Curves give you the diet plan or do you have to buy it?

I need to dream up something for supper. Tomorrow is grocery shoppping and cleaning day. It's going to be hit the high spots and clean on Monday after everyone goes home! Have a terrific Thursday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:30 AM   #17  

Good morning ladies! It is pollen season again so I am back to allergy meds. I am a little weird feeling this morning, but it will pass. I am on Claritin and at least it provides some relief from my nose dripping all the time, the itchy ears and throat.

Susan: Thanks for sharing the info. I totally agree with what they said. Most overweight people eat like they aren't going to get a next meal, too much, too fast, too often! lol I cannot congrats you enough for being in the 140's! That is super terrific! I am also thrilled your hubby is now eating again and that maybe you guys will get that schedule all evened out.

Jean: Thanks for the geography info! lol My only connection to Iowa is the sign on 80/94 in Chicago directing us to go home! If I am driving, I always have to watch for the sign that says Iowa so I get off at the right place to get onto I-57 to come back home! lol Hope your perm turned out nicely. I know sometimes you are pleased and sometimes not so much. How are the kids liking their new home and new surroundings?

The last two days have kind of been a blur! With getting everything put away then all the laundry done and housecleaning on Tuesday then yesterday Jack was off, we went to the base and got my new ID Card (dern I look old and very very fat in the picture and Jack said he thought it was the best one I have ever taken, heaven help me! ) then to the commissary to grocery shop, home to unload and put away then back out to Walmart to get frozen meals and such for Jack's lunches, back home and put it all away then out the door I went again to take the film from the shower to be developed, the liquor store for more burgundy to cook with, the dry cleaners to drop off a shirt I want done to take to Little Rock on Tuesday, the movie theater to pick up Thomas's movie coupons for his Easter basket and back home again.

As usual, Jack had a mess going so I picked it all up. I finally sat down for about half an hour and tried to knit, but I was so pooped I just sat in the recliner. I then fixed us dinner and cleaned that up.

Today is clean the upstairs bathrooms day and then get to the knitting. I am finishing up the front right side of the cardigan and working some more on the blanket for Thomas. I have only a couple months to finish it, his canteen holder and his hat, besides get my cardigan done. With the baby coming, it will be a busy summer I think.

I guess I better get a move on and get the upstairs baths cleaned and I need to really get a move on with the knitting so I can get it done. I only have a couple months to get all T's stuff done.

Have a great Thursday!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #18  

Well, I typed up one message and somehow didn't post it so here it goes again.

Pollen count was 2617 here yesterday - can you say misery! Have a md appointment tomorrow for allergy shot booster and new prescription of Allegra for this season. I hate it when I sneeze 500 times every morning. Then my asthma kicks in and it feels like there is an elephant sitting on my chest and I can't get a good breath. They took albuertol off the market because of abuse so now I have to get a new prescription for something else.

I want to warn you about Aleve and Motrin. Both cause kidney failure over time. Apparently this is what contributed to my husband's since he was told to take them for his arthritis. Never take for more than 3 days is what the nephrologist told me. And never take more than 1 at a time.

I'm off work tomorrow and Monday so may not get back until Tuesday - have a happy and blessed Easter - watch out for the chocolate bunnies and marshmallow peeps - they are out to get us!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #19  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is shining, but it is another cold day in my corner of the world. It was 17 degrees when I got up this morning . . . it is supposed to be spring and I want to know where it is hiding! I've been putzing mostly -- doing laundry and sorting through the clutter once again. I need to put the breakables "up" because Kolby will be here tomorrow and he will bring them all to me. He's never broken anything, but I don't want to take a chance on some of my stuff.

"Gma" -- Your busy day yesterday makes me tired to just read about it! Amanda is still driving back and forth to Sioux City for work; it was an hour and a half drive until her sitter quit last Friday. Now she has to take the kids to her backup sitter which adds another half hour to 45 minutes to her day. It's a long day for all of them, but she only works Mon., Wed., Fri., plus Sat. morning. They signed the papers on their old house yesterday so her plan was to look for daycare today and a new job next week. I worried about Jason driving back and forth now I have to worry about Amanda and the kids. People drive way too fast on the interstate and I hate it. They still had ALOT of boxes left to unpack when we were there last Sunday. I'm convinced that young couples don't keep house, cook, and clean like we did when we were young. I'm so thankful I could stay home with the kids when they were little.

Susan -- Peeps could rot sitting on my kitchen counter and I would NEVER eat them. uke: Now chocolate bunnies are another story! When I had my infection the doctor prescribed 800mg of Motrin and that is what I got sick on because I didn't eat enough evidently. I flushed those down the toilet! I still stick to good old Bayer aspirin which is what I grew up with. I did take Excedrin for awhile because my MIL thought they were better . . . until she got an ulcer from taking them too often. I've also tried Aleve and didn't get any relief so threw them away too. I hope your allergies and asthma are better and the meds are working.

I need to keep moving. The cleaning fairie took the week off! Have a nice "rest of the day" and a fantastic Friday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 04-05-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote