Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 01:08 PM   #16  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. very quick post as Drake is wailing. He weighed 13.2 lbs at the dr on Friday, took his needle with barely a wail, just screwed up his face when it went in, thought about crying and then decided it wasn't that bad.

as for me the TOM has really played havoc. I have had major headaches for the past few days, Thursday I wanted to take the whole bottle of Tylenol it was so bad. The diet has been poor and the exercise not good for the past couple of days. I did get on my exercise bike for about 20 minutes so that is a step in the right direction.

Sue - sorry to hear about your teeth, I hate having teeth pulled, I've had a couple done and you are right, I'd rather have another c-sec. Hope you are feeling better.

geneve - oh how awful that one kid gets over the cold and now the other has this! I'd be mad as anything too. Talk about irresponsibility! Hope he is better soon.

Hope all is well with you ladies and your little ones. Take care.
Old 11-19-2001, 03:43 PM   #17  
Pending Email Confirmation

Thanks for the sympathy! Truly it's appreciated.
I will get to the gym tomorrow...I TOLD my mother she was looking after Ted for an hour or else. She's not thrilled, she likes 'quality' time with the kids, meaning when they are at their best.
I can't wait, seems like an eternity since I was alone.
Will also be taking a new slant on the weight loss starting tomorrow, I'll tell you more if it works.
DH's contract finishes on Thursday and he'll be atking some time off in which he'll be having his wisdom teeth out. From what you say he'll be driving me mad as he has typical male pain tolerence. Having said that I had a root canal done a few weeks back and I also agree, section is better than teeth.
Anyway. going to veg out in front of the telly with a glass of wine. Yeah, I know I shouldn't but I know I will so off I go......
Old 11-19-2001, 11:30 PM   #18  

Default Hello from Aus...

geneve - sorry to hear about Ted! Is he doing better? Poor kid. Charlotte hasn't been sick yet (touch wood), had a runny nose one night for a few hours, but that's it so far. Not looking forward to when she does get ill, will be yucky...

suemoo - ouch! I loath the dentist. I really need to go too, I'm one of those women whose teeth got very sensitive (and no doubt full of cavities) when pregnant. I suppose once we get some $ I should go.

Re a naming day, if people are curious - it's basically a non-religious christening. We just did it in our backyard and had a BBQ after. Very simple, but lovely. My bf and I each read a poem the other had written and we had a lovely celebrant. We then signed a certificate and her grandparents also got certificates.

Weight loss, urgh. Been a very bad week. I'm ill and SO tired, so haven't gymmed and overate so much at the ceremony/BBQ (I'm a very nervous host etc) and yesterday too. Tomorrow is my day off, so Im planning to sleep lots to try and get better and will head back to the gym on Thursday.

Let's move girls,
Sam
179/146/130
Old 11-20-2001, 10:31 AM   #19  

Default Ugh

I'm so sick. Blarg. Here is my morning: wake up at 6AM in horrible pain, eat nutri-grain bar (supposed to eat before taking pill), take pill; 7AM -pill makes me sick anyway (and does NOTHING for my pain) and I throw everything up. Not sure if I threw up the pill and should I take another or not - so I take two Advil instead. I'm waiting for something to kick in. Feel nauseaus. I'm sure I will repeat this throughout the day, just like yesterday. To top it all off, although I usually work from home, today my bosses are in town, and I have to go work with them at their home for the day. So I don't even get to throw up in private. Arg.

Good news is - since joining WW, I have lost 12 pounds. I attribute my weight loss success to.... getting my wisdom teeth out. Oh well.

Oops, baby awake, I'll finish later, after work. take care all,
Sue
Old 11-22-2001, 04:39 AM   #20  

EEW Sue, sounds vile! Actually sounds pregnant!
I like the sound of the naming ceremony, I'm under HUGE pressure from my familyto get Leo christened, we didn't maange it woth Ted until he was 3, mainly because DH & Icome fromdifferent religious backgrounds.Wouldn't bother him as he doesn't go to church at all, but his familtdo, and his uncle is a minister. Bad enough we didn;t let him marry us but horrified when I wanted ted babtised at my church.
I'm thinking of just getting Leo 'done' with no party etc and seeing if we can get away with it.
DHs last day of the contract today and still no sign on permanent work. And yes, I do eat more when Im worried and my weight is creeping up. Now just 8 lbs from my heaviest and I'm feeling frantic today. the WW CD is going in the PC and staying there. Mainly I'm worried about xmas...we have enough cash to get by but after thatt, welll. and DH is prone to buying over expensive giftes which is swell when the money is there....last year I got a piano...this year I'm asking for some music!
Ted much better, not at school yet and well enough to me driving me mad. Must dash and entertain the little darlings ...

my best wishes to you all,
Geneve
Old 11-22-2001, 01:08 PM   #21  
Jen

Hi all. How is everyone today? I am pretty good. Drake has been really good these past few day. NIght before last he actually slept in til almost 5:30 but last night woke at his usual time. I think I could have just put a pacifier in his mouth and he would have gone back to sleep right away but I got him up for a bottle. Still it gives me hope that he will sleep through the night.

I've been getting out for my daily walks though yesterday I almost had to force myself out the door. Today is nice and sunny so I'll probably be leaving shortly. I've been biking on and off too on my exercise bike. The diet has not been fantastic, eating when I am bored mostly.

Sue - sorry to hear you are sick, did you try Gravol? That stuff knocks me for a loop but it really settles your stomach.

Geneve - The hubby and I aren't religious either, I have no idea if I was baptized or not, probably not as my mother and father aren't religious. I doubt we will have Drake baptized, I'm not even sure what it is all about. Sorry to hear about your financial problems, my husband tends to the expensive stuff too and I get really upset about it too. Why can't men have simple things that don't cost a lot of money? If you are really tight for money why don't you say nothing for us just for the kids. That is what we are going to do this year.

Sam - did you get back to the gym? I had a membership for years and hardly ever went. I liked it when I did go but I was too lazy about it.

Take care all.
Old 11-27-2001, 08:47 AM   #22  
Jen

HELLO EVERYONE!!! Where are you?????

I'm starting to feel like I am talking to myself and I do enough of that with the baby.
Old 11-27-2001, 03:02 PM   #23  
bc

Sorry Jen, I am reading your postings just not replying. Sometimes it is because I have a baby on my lap (who has taken new interest in the keyboard) and sometimes because there is nothing new to add.

I still need to work out some exercise program. When the baby is napping I can't do it because I want to hear music. When she is up she is demanding my attention. If it isn't her it is my other two kids or my husband.

To think we wonder why we get so out of shape...................

Barb
Old 11-27-2001, 03:40 PM   #24  

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been posting, it's been a fraught time. My brother's nephew died on monday, he was a great young man and like a brother to my neices, it has been a horrible few days. he got meningitis on Saturday. Only 20. three friends gone this year, all under 40. I'm not taking this one very well at all, I can't get to the funeral which is in the republic of Ireland as Leo doesn't have a passport, though I expect that's a good thing, i could not bear to look at his poor Mother's face.
Stuff the weight loss ladies, just keep your little ones safe.
I'll be back to normal later, sorry for posting this really, but I just had to have a vent...
Geneve
Old 11-27-2001, 03:42 PM   #25  

Oh, we must all be on here at the same time...double apologies if I'm bringing you down.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:24 AM   #26  
Jen

Hi all. Geneve, I'm so sorry to hear of this young man's death. It is always so sad to hear of such a young person dying. I'm sorry you are going through a rough time. I hope things get better soon. Barb, it's okay that you are lurking, I often have Drake on my lap and it gets tiresome to type with one hand!

Not much new with me. I posted a 1lbs loss but I think I have gained that back. I really need to cut back on the carbs and start drinking more water. I have a water bottle with me right now and I'm trying to get at least half a bottle down before breakfast. The other day I ate 4 dinner rolls with cheese and butter for lunch. I think I can do better than that! Exercising is a little better. Last week I got in a walk every day I think but I missed the weekend and yesterday so I'll have to do better today.

Well I hope everyone has a good day and we'll talk again soon. Take care.
Old 11-28-2001, 02:31 PM   #27  

Talking Hello, did ya miss me?

Hey you guys, it's been a while - huh? It was getting so hard to post here and at the other site that I really slowed down at the end of my pregnancy.

Well, let me back up and tell you some stuff as fast as I can. I mean, before the baby wakes up.

I delivered a healthy baby boy on Wednesday September 26th, 2001 - by cesarean...I ended up getting the cautious doctor on my delivery date, and she basically forced me into the section. Fortunately, I have since recovered quite nicely and am learning what it means to be a mommy to a newborn again. Do you still call a 2 month old a newborn? Does the time pass too quickly?
His name is Aidan Connor - he was 8 and 1/2 pounds and 19 and 1/2 inches long at birth.

He is now 2 months old and as of yesterday, he is 13 pounds 3 ounces and 24 and 1/2 inches! Yes, he is a BIG boy indeed. And he is SO wonderful!

So fast forward to now. I am thinking about getting back in shape now that I have my nursing established and he is obviously thriving. I was going to go to weight watchers today to sign up but I didn't end up going. I'm just wondering if I should start keeping track on my own and doing the points without them. If I have to spend money, I'd rather join a mothers group.

Is anyone here familiar with how many points you get while nursing?

After having the baby, the weight really just dropped off of me. I lost it so fast! Now I am stablizing and I am actually several pounds lighter than I was prepregnancy. My body however is not tight, and I would like to start losing slowly and firming it up.

I hope that everyone is having a great time with thier babies!

I did want to say hello to you all - some names are familiar and some are not so familiar to me. Take care and hope to talk to you all more often, when I get the chance!

Best wishes,
Scully and Monkeybean AKA Bellybean AKA Aidan Connor
Old 11-28-2001, 03:01 PM   #28  
Jen

scully!!! so great to hear from you!! I'm really glad to hear that things went well and you had a healthy baby boy. What a nice name too. It sounds like he is about the same size as Drake who was 13.2 lbs and 25" at 9 weeks. He is almost 11 weeks now and I think he has grown more in 2 weeks. It is just unreal.

Glad to hear that the lbs just dropped off you, I lost all but 9 lbs within the first few weeks too.
I still feel extremely flabby especially my belly which wasn't all that taunt to begin with, it has just gotten worse with the pregnancy. Well I guess I'm going to have to start doing some ab work.

I can't help you with the points but if you want to count calories or anything like that there is a great site www.fitday.com where you can register and do food and exercise journalling. Hope you post again soon. take care.
Old 11-28-2001, 10:13 PM   #29  

Default Hey everyone...

Hi there! Sorry it's been so long - I've been in toothache ****. Not only did I have the wisdom tooth pain, but I developed an absess, and an infected wisdom tooth socket. (Man, I sound like a little old lady chronicling my aches and pains.) So I spent Thanksgiving and a few days before it wacked out of my mind on painkillers. And I do mean OUT OF MY MIND. I don't do well on pain pills. On Thanksgiving (the 22nd?) I had deteriorated to running around the house telling my husband, "I have to get out of my skin," "I have to get out of my body." Since I got so nutty, I stopped taking the pain pills, and just went on Advil. The pain was still very intense, so when I didn't absolutely have to be awake, I would sleep. Thank heavens my hubby was an angel, and was the primary caregiver for a few days. I'm still in a little pain, but its getting much better.

I'm so sorry about your brother's nephew Geneve. I hope that your family is ok - I'll keep them in my prayers.

Jen - CONGRATULATIONS on Drake sleeping through the night!!! Is he keeping it up? That's so awesome. I was telling DH the other day that "normal" people (people without children) don't understand how great that is. I would say, "my baby is sleeping through the night." And they say, "That's good." And I'm like, "No, you don't understand - MY BABY IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!" They don't understand what an EVENT it is.

Hi Scully! I don't know you, but welcome! Congratulations on your little one. I had a cesarean too. About the points, you can go to weightwatchers.com, and go to the bulletin boards and ask someone there what the extra points for nursing are. I will look it up for you next time I'm there. I'm a WW online member - meaning I don't go to meetings, but I do get an on-line journal, an on-line points calculator, weight tracking charts, and a few other things. I like it. It's about $10 per month. I think.

I started really working out this week. I am doing weight training three days a week, and some form of cardio the other three (rollerblading, walking, or low impact video tapes). So far (I'm on day 5), I've done really well, if I do say so myself. I'm also doing some different kinds of crunches and things every night. I'm very sore, but I'm already feeling fitter. (I know - a 212 pound woman feeling fit? But I DO!) I'm doing pretty good on WW, not great, but fairly good.

Found a great site, getting2goal.com - very inspirational!

Arg, have to go, baby crying. Hugs to you all.
Old 11-29-2001, 03:58 PM   #30  

Hi everyone,
Scully, good to hear from you, I've missed you.I love the name too.
Things are looking up here Leo's cold improving, although he's now def. teething, there's dribble everywhere, it's like having a boxer dog in the house! He's still sleeping king, off at about 8pm and I usually have to wake him at 8am. However, he only catnaps in the day, 10-15 minutes at a time unless I'm in the car with him. All in all I'd rather have the night time sleep, and I remember Ted was just the same.
Thanks for your kind words, by the way, much appreciated.
I'm feeling thinner. The scales don't show it but the exercise is paying off and I am able to work out harder at the gym. Wobbly belly slightly less wobbly and legs of the trousers feel looser.I will confess though, i am supposed to do loads of sit ups at the gym and I don't because I'm useless at them and too proud! I must start or i will have a big belly forever.
Soo...you poor thing. Tooth pain is the worst.
Right, better get picking up all the toys and see if the carpet is under here somewhere.
Geneve
Closed Thread