Lo-Carb Support Club #8 TIME TO KICK BUTT!

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • HAPPY FRIDAY
    HEY ALL,

How is everyone???? Thanks for the birthday wishes......I really had a great birthday,,,went out for dinner with hubby and kids, ate LC and hubby ate my piece of pecan pie they gave me for my birthday.....Im planning on staying OP but come thanksgiving, thats my fav....Im having about 20 people over to my house(thank god for flylady haha) and I plan on having a little bit of everything, but this year I am gonna send all leftovers OUT THE DOOR, that way I can get right back OP next day....and not be eating all the leftovers all weekend long....I never have tough time during Christmas....so hopefully I will ring in the New Year a few pounds lighter......

I will start doing the weigh in thing next Fri....

Everyone have a great weekend....and gulp that H2O!!!!!
  • Hi all you all sound so wonderfully enthusiastic. Ihad a good day ready to jump in preparing for the busiess. i am doing a lot of new working, and am recieving very positive responces. especially from the low carbers that i know. so that is good. i have been trying to contact the friend who had tried to runa support group for low carb to see if i can get her info for the past members. but i may just have to round up my own numbers. it would be nice though to have a head start.well that is it here i am starting to get a head ach i was running all day so i think i will try to rest for a while. hope all has a great weekend and

have a great time off lee.

happy birthday (late) for you terri

MMBB hoe to hae you pop in soon, you too BOO

Pam we are thinking of you.

Pat the clothes thing is great when they hang. wait till you feel like wearing a tight top!!!

Dana soon you will be passing Hubby!!!
  • Hello My Friends!
    Just a "quickie" here as I am getting to bed early tonight! (I have an early day tomorrow!) I will try to get the smilies on my signature! Congrats to everyone who managed to have a NICE DANCE with Mr. Scale. Sometimes he is friendly......and sometimes he is a big "poppy head" no matter HOW HARD WE TRY!!! Hmmmmm.....he seems to be much nicer to us when we are ON PLAN!!!!!!!!! FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS!!!!!!! I guess we MUST be cooperative with him if we want those numbers to go DOWN!!! Oh well.....as I say each week...it is NOT just the numbers!!! It is the WHOLE package! We must MUST remember that!

I will check in tomorrow!

Be Good and Have a GREEEEEEAT Weekend!
    Dana
    (42 gone!)
  • Good Morning all

I hope all of you are facing a 3 day weekend!! They are so nice.
    Sounds like everyone is doing well!!! B00 and Pam check in when you can!

I am still OP and very excited about my newest milestone/goal anything in the 220"s. AM hoping to see that in DEC.

Spent 40 mins on the treadmill yesterday morning, I am averaging 5 w/o's a week now whioch is awesome for me. It took a long time to get that organized in my life as well as to overcome the menatl excuses I would put in my way. I have had a couple of injury set backs but all in all I think that is pretty good. The stretching routine I have added seems to have helped!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
    Don't Forget tomorrow is Veteran's Day!
  • Hi all tons of things to do too here. I am OP and will be all weekend but i must remember to take in more protein i had my BF% done and i have lost LBM and some fat too

So I must go and work

Pat isn't is so wnderful to know that you are exercising that much!!! (today i am taking it off)
  • Hi fellow weight warriors

My hubby is typing for me as I am bedbound. It looks like I have blown out another disk. I was warned this could happen and I don't know what I did, but obviously it's going to take awhile before I'm back to regular postings. I miss you all a lot and I will read what I can when I can. Hubby is making sure I'm OP so no worries there. Ya'll take care and I will write again as soon as possible.

Lee - Let's not fight with the lawyers LOL

Pat - I read your postings. I am really proud of you. You're making the changes you need to make. I know it's a process but you're doing wonderful.

Take care all

God Bless
  • Hello My Friends!!!

A BUSY Saturday today!!! Spent the day with my mom, gramma and sister! (How nice!) The weather in Pittsbuurgh was GORGEOUS so I took a 2 1/2 mile walk in the park. Had the track almost all to myself! Could not believe others were not out soaking op the nice weather!!!

Went to church tonight with a social afterwards. (Lots of goodies on the table, but I held a glass of diet pop...and another couple's baby to keep my hands busy so as not to EAT!) Goofy food day today with allthe running. Scrambled eggs for breakfast, fish for lunch, chicken soup for dinner (broth, chicken and parsley) and PEANUTS for a snack! (I may develop a TRUNK!!!)

Anyway....had a few minutes before beddie by so I thought I would check in!

gbo....soooooo nice to see you posting via hubby! I hope you are on the mend! Glad to hear you are on plan! My thoughts and prayers are with you and I have my fingers crossed for a full and speedy recovery!

nasus....hey busy lady! Nice to see you checking in! My best to you buddy!

fralick......I have not done the smilies yet because I canot figure out how to get back into my original signature. If you....or anyone can help.....I would appreciate it! I am proud of the amount of exercise you are getting in! I know that you have to MAKE the time to do it...and you are obviously committed. I salute you!!!

Hello to the rest of you bus riders........and JUMP ON to those of you who are lurking but have not jumped on board! We are a great bunch of girls SERIOUS about getting to goal the low carb way! JOIN US!

I'll check in tomorrow!

Dana (Hopeful and Peanutful!)

(42 gone forever!)
  • Good Sunday Morning

How is everyone?

I went swimmimg yesterday morning for 30 mins!! It was so quiet there only 2 other swimmers. Boy I feel it this morning too!

I want to share something that was quite frustarting at the time but a good thing. I had a luch date w/ former co- workers yesterday. Planned what I was going to wear so planned my morning w/ this in mind went to put in on and it was too big, I had nothing casual to replace and ended having to wait and dry something that wasn't too big. Well it thru my whole planned day off. . later I thoiught it was pretty cool. I also put on a size 20 coat and size 1X clothes yesterday and they all FIT!!!! This is down from a size 24/26/28 and 3X I was wearing in JUNe . SO this does work!! It just takes time .
    Well Enough about meLOL

Pam you poor baby!!! Thank DH for helping you out on the computer!! This is awful, have you been to the MD? You take care!! Let us know hoe you are!

Dana, Sounds liek you had a great tiem. I PM'd you about the smilie thing> You are doing awesoem!! Peanuts and all

Sue Thanks for checking in. Yes the exercise is great I got i 6 days last week. I am rewarding myself w/ today off! When you bought tose suppoty for your running were they GEL?

Hope everyone else is great weekends are so quiet on the bus

Hey you lurkers JOIN US!!!
  • We have had the most wonderful weekend!!! We had a surprise dinner party for my mother in law at the Moose Lodge. I didn't like the idea of the place, but soon found out it was the second largest in the states...it was also very nice, and the food was excellent. Was my mother in law surprised??? You bet she was... surprised and delighted!!! As she says...the best gift one can give her is a weekend with her sons and daughters in law.

We spent the weekend a a truly lovely resort. We all had 2 bedroom furnished condo's with everything in them except for food and booze. Last night we had a barbeque and again, the party was held in my condo...the others are too stuffy to have the fun in their places. As long as the family is together, who cares where we gather??? Anyway, I was delighted to have everyone there...everyone had a great time and no one wanted the party to end!

Today, we left earlier than the rest. After going fishing this morning with my husband, I was done in...can you believe that I was standing in the surf fishing??? I want you all to know that I have been more active this weekend than I have been in the last 3 years. Yesterday, I walked about a half mile (I couldn't find the darned truck!!!)!!!

I'm home, I'm tired and achy, but it was all well worth it!!! Greg and I really needed this mini vacation.

As I said earlier. I didn't lose any weight this week, but I also didn't gain any. Enough said?

Dana, congrats on the weight loss.

Pammie Pie...Please take care of yourself. As always, my thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

Pat, isn't it just
  • Lee it sounds like a wonderful weekend!!! I am glad that you had a good time. is't it wonderful to be able to be active???

Pat the insoles are not gel but a foam typw but i would try anything gel is suposed to be good for the cushioning!!!

Pam i figured you would check in soon. I was worried that you would be off program but thrilled that you are doing fine!!! With the eating. i feel so sorry for you and your back, by heart goes out to you!!! make sure that hubby keps you OP. I would love to hear that you are just shrinking in that bed!!!

So hubby how is things gong??? Pam looking good????

Dana i am just thinking how wonerfully committed youare!!! it is wonderful!!! You ar going to get to goal so fast.

I just though that i would give you girls a chuckel. i just last night had my nails done for the first time. I got stuck in my car and could not undo the seatbelt!!! i was there for almost 10 min trying to undo it!!!

I filed them down this morning so i could type!!! and get out of the car.
  • Good Morning All,

Still OP again the water could have been better. AM working on Thanksgiving menu. Spoke to DS to get an idea on her menu and I will fill in w/ a salad and a lo carb dessert. I have this recipe for pretzal salad a jello dessert and I think I can pull it off and make it w/ lo carb substitutions. I probably should try it first before I bring it LOL. I bought some splenda yesterday. And looked them up at there web site to see how to use it. Have today off YIPPEE and Only 4 work days left in my prison term LOL and I am released. They are taking me out to dinner this THURS.

Lee That sounds like a wonderful place and time you had this weekend. We are shivering up here. SO teh thought of being outside in teh water sounds marvolous! Being fit ( or fitter than I was) sure does make life better. Actually able to participate in activities instead of being on teh sidelines.

Sue I will check those things out. Oh My Gosh I have always wanted nails( I have none they always break). Thank god you didn't have to pee anywahere!! But what a nice treat for yourself!! Did you get out by yourself or did someone help you??

Hello everyone else Dana, B00, Mary, Pam Terri

Pam get well!!!!
  • I think now that I will finish my post (rather than editing it)...

Pat, what I wanted to say to you was isn't it just wonderful to see those scales moving more than we thought they might. How wonderful for you that you lost 3 pounds!!! YAHOO

It's been weeks since the scale has moved for me as well, but my turn will come.

Mary, if you go off program for 2 days a week, it's more likely that you will either show a gain, or not lose any weight. I'm delighted for you that you lost 2 pounds, but doesn't it make you wonder how much more you might have lost had you not had those binges or off program times? I believe that going off program totally defeats the purpose of this lifestlye of eating...we haven't reached our goal yet, and once we do, we have to learn to maintain...remember this isn't just a "diet" (I hate that word!!! LOL)

As for dining with friends and worrying about telling them you are on a diet...just eat low carb...you can pass up the "illegal" foods and not make a big deal of it. My friends and family know that I am on the Atkins plan. They make dinner their way, and know that hubby and I will only eat what is allowed on our program.

Sue, you've been one busy gal. I've been reading your posts...good practice for your business!!!

I've had my nails done for the last 10 years (at least). If you're not used to having long nails, you need to start with the sport length. I often have to have my nails shortened. They get caught in between the keys while I'm typing. Getting my hair and nails done is one thing I would never give up...I really need the "feel good" I get when I have them done.

A very belated Happy Birthday to you Terri...sorry I missed you. I am so delighted you had a great birthday!!!

Time for me to get busy...you all take care of yourselves, and hang in there. I am so proud of all of you!!!

Lee
  • Thanks from a "lurker"
    I just wanted to chime in a little and thank you gals for being faithful to this thread. I am a "lurker" who has been really inspired by it all. Actually, I've been "low-carbing" for about three weeks now, lost 15 lbs. I've done this before. I had surgery a year ago, (stomach stapled) and lost 100 lbs, but these last 20 have been COMPLETE WORK. Anyway, I still have about 60 #s to go and here I am doing Atkins AGAIN. I had planned to have a "splurge day" on Thanksgiving and eat "whatever I wanted" BUT just reading today I have resolved I WILL NOT DO IT! I'm going to make some major deviled eggs, eat celery & cheese (as someone mentioned) and oink down on turkey. Maybe I'll make me a big ol turkey & cheese salad. Honestly, it's settled...I'm ON PLAN til' Christmas...then who knows what? I will also make a low carb pie & take to my family's for Thanksgiving. Boy I'm getting all charged up...lol Anyway...just wanted to thank you for the inspiration. You gals are great!!
  • My fellow weight warriors...I am in a lot of pain but I needed to let you know I have been through this before it is nothing new to me. My legs are worse almost than the back. I fear I may have to go to calories as I am mostly bed bound. My darlins I can barely move at all. Still I am well versed in how to cope with this but aanother surgery added to my list is not what I had in mind!
    I will check in when I can and you know how much you all mean to me. I dearly love you all.
    Lee honey, I am at my pain level which is considerable but with the veg I am restored in some ways. I know you understand!
    Pat and Sue I will see the Doctor this Saturday but I know this situtation only to well!!!!! It is too too familiar.
    Thank you Dana for your e-mail and sweet words I have saved your address so I can write you. (when I can)
    LOve you all
    Pam
  • HELLO
    HI ALL!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well??? I have just a few minutes here so Ive been catching up on the reading and thought I would post a quick HI

Im working most of this week, except for Wed, hubby is treating me with a day at HUGE outlet mall, (hes on vacation this week)...it was his suggestion we spend a day and go shopping(go figure, maybe Im on to something huh??? ) ANYWHOO, we are spending the day together, then going to basketball game at MSU in the evening...should be fun......

Hope everyone has a great week!!!!!

Oh and hello to LovinLife THANKS FOR DROPPING IN ON US, WE LOVE COMPANY......