3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   ~~Thin Group #66 ~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/10814-%7E%7Ethin-group-66-%7E%7E.html)

CJ 11-06-2001 06:45 PM

~~Thin Group #66 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ

CJ 11-06-2001 06:53 PM

:)

Sorry just couldn't help myself - just got home from my brothers house (sister in for quick visit from California) and thought I would check my mail and the forum before packing some more (seeing that I spent the day at my brothers that I was planning on packing and getting ready) but that is ok cuz I don't get to see my sis too often!

I'll be back in a bit to post longer. I just saw those numbers on the last thread being posted and thought that Sharon was out and about trying to start the new thread (LOL) ... for the newbies, there was a time when it was a race to start the new thread ... would you believe that one time I beat Sharon by just seconds? Remember Sharon? Fun times!

OK ... later

Love, CJ

aivlys 11-07-2001 12:22 AM

Hello Ladies,

I hope you are all doing well.

I've been pretty depressed the past few days. My company laid off 25 people yesterday ... Luckily, I wasn't one of them. The stress was pretty bad. I kept thinking "what if I'm pregnant and get laid off ... I'm not even on my husband's insurance (will be soon) how the h*ll are we supposed to pay for it?" All I thought about for a couple of weeks ... my period is 6 days late but I'm not pregnant ( took two preg. tests). My clock is really ticking ( I'mm 33) and today, I found out my sister and her boyfriend are trying for #2. This really got me upset ... the guy is a total loser and she wants to have another baby. I know I'm probably over reacting but I just want a baby. My periods were finally getting regular and now all this stress has thrown my cycles out of whack. I'm sorry for rambling like this, I'm just venting. My poor husband is trying as best he can to calm me down but I can't help the way I feel.

Thanks for listening.

I'll write more tomorrow when I am in a better mood.

A big hug to all.

Sylvia

Sassy 11-08-2001 09:57 AM

Hi guys,
How is everyone this morning? Hope well. Just thought I would post while I have a few minutes. CJ and her husband Dick are coming sometime this afternoon. I can't wait to see her. Don't know what time though, but have to go to my friends house and watch her little one while she goes to an appointment this morning.

Anyways went to my WW meeting and finally lost 1.2 lbs, but the scale isn't doing too well at the moment. Just been busy busy and grabbing this and that. I will try to be good while CJ is here, and won't get stressed about what I do or don't do.

Sylvia-So glad you wern't one of the ones laid off. I will send you some good vibes that you get pregnant too.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((VIBES)))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))((

sweet tooth-That is great that you lost another 1.25 lbs, every loss helps to get the bigger numbers for you. Only 1.4 more lbs to get to your half way mark. YOU CAN DO THIS PEGGY! Good Luck! Oh and that is a funny story about your puppy going on the treadmill with you. I would have loved to have seen it. LOL That is great that you are doing all this exercise. Keep it up and the scales will be so kind to you.

Dreamer-Gosh Sam how well I know that we do most everything for our kids and what the heck is their very first word, DADA doesn't it just burn you. LOL Don't worry, now that she is talking, MAMA won't be far behind. Sorry they are closing your office, like you don't have enough on your plate being a Mom. Good luck on the job search and hope you get a great one.

Jello-Good for you on that .6 lb weight loss, that is better than gaining and that just shows what you can do when you get back on track too. That is great too that your group won those awards for fund raising. I always knew you were the queen on fundraising. Good job Jo!

Blunder-Your car sounds beautiful Judy. I know you love driving it too don't you? So you daughter still is not coming around? Well I guess when she is ready to get some help she will contact you. I know it is the drugs doing this Judy. At least Allura is safe and sound and that is a postive thing.

CJ-You big BRAT. LOL So you thought I was gonna start a new thread did you? HA HA I probaly wasn't anywhere around to start this thread. But you didn't know that did you? I can see you know trying so hard and so fast to start # 66. But you had no competition here. Boy do I every remember when you beat me be a couple of seconds and than I called you on the phone and we agreed that the earliest time got to start it and I had to delete my new thread. LOL Those were the days. Hurry up and get here so I can see you. Can't wait, better be on you way or else. LOL Yes I will have the Buttershots in the fridge chilling. See you soon and drive safely.

Miss you GAIL AND CHRISSY! Miss you too Carolyn-Chglenn, Sandi, Julie, Trish, Zoe, Sherry, DebbieA, Vicki, and Joanna, her sis, Carolyn/Regency too and Kerri, Angel Eyes, Katie, JudyD, Kelly, KCT-Karen, Kelster, Gina, LizZ and the other Liz from Rhode Island, Sabriny and everyone else who hasn't posted lately. WE MISS YOU COME ON BACK TO US!

Take care guys and will talk to you later, knowing CJ she will try to HOGG my computer like she always does, like she accuses me of. HA HA HA

Well guys, everyone have a great day today and an even greater weekend, which will be here tomorrow.

Love you guys, Sharon

Jello 11-08-2001 12:27 PM

Just a minute or two to say hello. Queen *itch here in the office and I are going at it at the moment. I'm winning because, well, I know what the he** I'm talking about and she doesn't. Boy, I hate that stupid, self-important broad. Good thing I'm smart and she's an idiot.

Whew! Sorry to vent to you guys. Sometimes the morons just wear you down. On to better things...

Well, my sister, mom and I are all going Christmas shopping on Saturday. We're starting out early so I'm going to weigh in on Friday morning before work. I'm a little worried because I'm still recovering from last weekend. But I think I'm even more worried because I always tend to get a little out of control right after weigh-in. This gives me an extra day to go crazy. Just what I need. :^:

Have to go now. It's gotten suddenly real quiet over on the old bag's side of the department. Guess she's finally realized that I'm right and can't quite bring herself to face me. What a loser. :mad:

Humph.
Jo.

Jello 11-09-2001 09:12 AM

Hello?? Just me again. Weighed in this morning and was up a pound. :( Oh well, so much for doing well for the rest of the year. I just cannot seem to break this stupid plateau. Anyone have any suggestions?

Came in to work and was too depressed to eat anything at all. Hmmm... Could we have something here? :dizzy:

Tomorrow's the big Christmas shopping day for me, my sis and mom. Hoping to get all/most of it done. Then there's just the wrapping to do. But I've got time for that. Instead, time to start thinking about Thanksgiving. Next Friday, our company is handing out its annual turkeys to all the employees. Heck, Rich and I still have one of the turkeys we got here LAST Thanksgiving in the freezer! Will probably donate one or both of them this year to a charity or the VFW.

Have to run now. TGIF and all that.
Have a good one!
Jo.

sweet tooth 11-09-2001 11:57 AM

I don't have much to say today, but wanted to check in before the weekend to see how everyone is doing.

Well... It's been so quiet. Carol and Sharon must be having a good time. There hasn't been a word from either of them. Hope they're staying out of mischief. Is that possible?

I have managed to stay OP all week. Three more days to go before WI, so I know I can do it. Hoping to make the halfway to goal mark by next week. I'm trying to be so good.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Talk to you later.

Sassy 11-09-2001 07:40 PM

Howdie!

Hi everyone! This is Carol posting from Sharon's house! We just got home a while ago from Little Nashville - a real neat town with lots of different quaint shops. We got here yesterday evening around 5:00 pm. Played a real neat trick on Sharon too. We pulled up in their driveway and I called her on my cellphone and told her we got a real late start and are only about 1/2 way to her house and would probably be another 2-3 hrs yet before we get there. Told her it was a long story, and I would fill her in when we get there, and we will get there asap! Then, we went to the door and knocked - and knocked ... and then just walked in when no one answered and yelled "doesn't anyone answer the door around here"??? ... hahahaha - you should have seen the look on everyone's face when they saw us! Sharon was completely surprised, so was Ken and Sharon's girlfriend was standing in the kitchen with her mouth open completely astounded ... but broke out in laughter when she realized what we did! Sharon says "she owes me" but it's gonna have to be a really good one to top that.

Peggy, way to go on staying OP all week! I did too actually, but still weighed the same on Thursday! And today I am just gonna scratch off the journal as I had some ice cream and am having pizza tonite ... tomorrow is a new day!

Jello: Good idea to give the turkeys to charity if you are not going to use them. I'm sure it will be appreciated!

Hey Sharon - I'm here, did ya notice??? hahahahahahahaha Wonder what neat trick I can pull on you tonite?? hmmmm, have to think on that one. hee hee hee

Slyvia: So glad you weren't one of the ones layed off from work! Keep my fingers crossed you are pregnant! We can have a on-line baby shower!

Well, just wanted to let you know Sharon and I are having fun - so is Dick (my hubby) and Ken (Sharon's hubby). We'll keep you informed of our comings and goings for the next few days.

Sharon says hello too!

Love, CJ

Sassy 11-09-2001 10:27 PM

THIS MESSAGE IS FROM CJ .....

I have something on my mind that has been bothering me for quite some time. And now that I have some time with Sharon and have been able to talk to her in lengh about this, I find that she too feels the same way. So here goes ...

When this group was first started it was about a group of women bonding together to offer support and motivation and encouragment in our weight loss efforts. Over time we all grew into a very close knit group with many many members. But somehow the original concept has been lost, and it does not seem to be a support group for weight loss any more. We have had many new members join us because they were looking for the support and encouragement they needed to help them on their weight loss journey, but they have joined other groups and left this group because that support and encouragement was not there for them.

What can we do about this situation? We need to get The Thin Group back to where it was. We used to post almost daily about our ups and downs on whatever diet program we were following and looked to our members for answers and suggestions. We used to have a large input from all of the members. They used to share with us their inner thoughts like how they were feeling about their weight, what they were doing to overcome these feelings and challenges, and others in return would offer their suggestions. We just had so much more input from all members and now it seems hardly anyone posts, let alone about weight issues. I know we have lost a lot of members because of the lack of participation. Imagine yourself for the first time clicking on The Thin Group looking for a "home", a place you can come to for support and help in your new weight loss journey. This person would be looking for (1) Encouragement (2) Suggestions (3) Articles of various interests pertaining to some kind of weight loss (4) Participation from it's members (5) Friendship (NOT a problem here) (6) Support and Motivation.

In viewing some of our most recent threads, would you want to join our group? Would you read all the posts and say "Hey, this is the place that's going to help me the most to lose my weight!" ?? Answer this honestly girls. I feel that this group has lost it's meaning in some areas. Yes, we are good on-line friends, some of us have met and become good friends. But, as far as a weight loss group offering support and motivation, I think we could improve.

Suggestions: We could still keep our regular numbered discussion threads, and of course include, besides weight loss, any family situations or doings. Of course, we don't want to make this into a strict weight loss thread where one could not post about anything except weight related subjects - that is not the intention. We still want to keep this a warm and fun loving group! But maybe we could make separate mini threads also for various subjects such as; any special weight loss challenges or any personal situations that may arise in your life. This way you can have more personal input from the members on the specific situation or challenge.

We could have a low-fat recipe thread again as well as an exercise thread, and a journal thread if you would like. Jello mentioned at one time about a thread called Small Successes ... anyone of us could start a thread like that also or any other thread that you would like about weight loss OR any subject not weight related - such as, "How did the Sept 11 disaster affect you and/or your weight loss?" - "Totally off-topic: What are your plans for Christmas?" - "Anyone struggling with gift giving suggestions?" - "HELP! My in-laws are coming for a visit!" - or if you have a certain specific subject for which you just need to vent or you are stressed out about anything. All topics do not need to be weight-related topics only. What I am saying is, we need to bring our group "back to life" so to speak and get more involvement from everybody! We were a swinging group at one time and we can be again but it takes everyone's input! This group does not belong to just one person, this group belongs to all of us! Let's make this the best group on the 3 Fat Chicks website!

With Much Love, CJ

IMPORTANT! I meant to also say that I would like your input, suggestions, comments, feedback, etc ... remember - THIS GROUP BELONGS TO ALL OF US!

sweet tooth 11-11-2001 10:15 PM

I normally don't post on the weekends because I am so busy that I don't struggle with my weight loss program. I am posting tonight, though, because I have had a great deal of difficulty this past two days. I have had such cravings for sweets and protein that I am having trouble containing myself.

This isn't the only time, but is particularly bad today. My attempt at overcoming the craving today is to come and post while I drink a bottle of seltzer (sugar free, of course). Soooo, that's what I'm doing. Please forgive me if I ramble, I'm just keeping my nose out of the frig.

CJ - I have to admit that, as a newcomer, I was looking for a place to receive support for my weight loss. I read many of the other groups and decided on this one based on the welcome message at the beginning of each new thread.

At the same time, I have been wondering over the past two months why nobody discusses their weight loss programs or weight loss, their struggles or exercise very much. I monitor other threads to see if there is any difference, and find that many of them never mention any kind of weight loss program, let alone struggling over weight lost issues.

I guess my perception of the Thin Group was that the weight loss was secondary to friendship. Unfortunately, weight loss is my main purpose for being part of this group and I have been selfish enough to pursue the encouragement that I got from this list to achieve my own means. For that I will always be thankful to the people here. I have often wondered, though, what the purpose of the group is in the minds of the others who post. I am glad that you have brought this subject up. It is well worth the discussion.

As a relative newcomer, one of the things that has bothered me the most is who the members of this group include. I am familiar with a few names - maybe 7 or 8 - but not that many. I have looked on the web site that is listed in the welcome message and have never seen posts from many of the names listed there. Maybe that would be a starting point for some of the newcomers.

I also agree that a recipe thread and exercise thread are great ideas. Small successes is another. We all have them and should be bragging about them. We also need a place where we can discuss our trials and temptations. Your ideas are great and I would love to see them here...and hope to participate if I have anything valid to add.

OK, that's my 2 cents worth. I'll be going now, the seltzer is just about finished. Tomorrow is WI and I am hoping to be down to 153 pounds - halfway to goal. This week will be a challenging one for staying OP, especially since I have already planned to be off program on Thursday. I'm just saving up my points this week to spend on Thursday. I'll check in tomorrow morning and let you know how the WI went. Bye for now.

Dreamer 11-12-2001 12:05 AM

I agree CJ

I am certainly one who is guilty of coming here just to chat - usually vent, rather than chart how my weight loss is going. Perhaps one reason is when I first joined here I was 119 pounds trying to get down to 114.

Humph!

I'm now 150 and trying to lose this baby weight with a much more realistic goal of 130 pounds. One of my problems is a continuing eating disorder (hence the enormous swings in my weight), emotional eating and at the moment I am breastfeeding my (almost) 7 month old daughter so I cannot diet too much or my supply is affected. That said, feeding her burns calories so I should be losing anyways!

I joined the gym again on the weekend and I'm getting serious about this. I want to feel good about myself again. I want energy. I want to eat heathful foods that fuel my body.

Also CJ, can you please take my bio of the website? When I wrote it I was 23, single, living by myself and single. I'm now 26, a Mum with a mortgage and many additional pounds. Time to write a new one.

Lets get back to basics,
Sam
176/150/130

Jello 11-12-2001 09:06 AM

Good morning. Let me start by saying that I took CJ's post to heart. I agree that sometimes we get off track here. I usually try to at least mention something about my weight, weight loss or my weigh-in in each post but I'm as guilty as anyone. The thing is that EVERYTHING in my life seems to revolve around weight and weight loss and food, etc. When something goes wrong at work, I stress eat. When I celebrate my birthday, I talk/think about what I'm going to eat. When I plan for the upcoming holidays, I think about food first and everything else seems to come secondary. Do you know what I mean?

But as I said, I'm guilty of getting off the subject and I'm going to try to get back on. You're right, CJ, when you said that newcomers looking here are looking for weight loss issues, ideas, support, etc. and they might not get that. We always try to welcome new people personally but I can see how someone coming here for the first time might feel left out and not know who/what we're talking about when we talk about our personal issues.

Having said that, I had a TERRIBLE weekend :( involving ice cream, chocolate, pasta, Burger King, this fabulous french onion dip and lots of other no-no's. :nono: I was completely out of control. Part of the reason ("excuse") is that I was celebrating something in my life. I'll get into that in a moment. But I have to tell you that I'm scared of how and what I ate. I guess I just don't understand why I do it. I'm certainly not hungry and what I grab out of the fridge/freezer/cabinet doesn't even really appeal to me. But I shove it in my face anyway. I'm wondering if I have some kind of "real" eating disorder and not just a weight problem! :( And, more importantly, I'm wonder just what to do about it.

I think I mentioned that I weighed in on Friday morning with a 1 lb. gain. At the time, I was, of course, disappointed but not panicky or anything. In fact, I even mentioned to my WW leader that I was looking forward to the holidays and the challenge of eating right, etc. Somehow that changed during the weekend and I found myself just not caring. WHY!?!?! :?: And how do I keep it from happening again??

OK, I feel a little better for just having said it. Especially since I said it to you guys and I know that my brilliant friends will have some input and ideas for me. And, even better, that you'll understand and support me.

I do have good news (the celebration mentioned above) to end this message with. I got home from work on Friday and found a letter from my lawyer. As of October 29, 2001, I am ... DIVORCED!!!!! :D It's official after battling in court for 2-1/2 years. I read the letter and the official decree and burst into tears. I just have to call my lawyer today to dot the i's and cross the t's but I am a single woman again!!!!! I am free!!!!!

... Maybe I can use this as a new start for my weight loss efforts too..?????

Ever hopeful,
Jo.

sweet tooth 11-12-2001 03:30 PM

Well, I'm back this morning, fresh from WI. Yes, yes, yes, I lost another 2 whole pounds. Yahoo!!! That means I am more than halfway through this weight loss program. Yippee.

The next mini-goal I have is to lose another 1.25+ pounds and then I will be both under 150 and also on the last range level at WW. Hopefully, I will be able to report that success next week.

I committed last week to staying OP for the entire week between WIs. It was a struggle, but I did it. This week, I am planning to stay OP every day except Thursday. I have another buffet to attend and am saving points this week for that. I know that I will still be over even the saved points, but I'm planning to enjoy every mouthful. LOL. The only condition I am putting on myself is to stop eating when I am full, not after I'm stuffed.

Jo - Congrats (is that what you say?) on the divorce. It must feel so good to have the barrier behind you. I don't blame you for celebrating this past weekend. BUT, today is the day to start back on program. We all have a lot of work to do and I know you can do it. I wrote a couple of weeks ago about the obsessions that we have when we eat for no reason. Maybe we could all put in some suggestions on what we do to stop pigging out on food when we don't really need it. I don't have the answers because it is something that I struggle with all the time. Maybe others in this group have some suggestions.

Sam - I know the weight gain is a big problem after pregnancy. My daughter has a 5 month old and is struggling with weight. She has much more to lose than you do, I'm thinking, but called a couple of months ago to say that she had joined a program called curves. Iunderstand that it is an exercise program. I'm not sure if there is an eating program with it. She reported a 10 pound loss her first month. Have you heard about this program? I don't know much, just what she has told me.

Well, it's back to work. I just had my salad for lunch, a diet soda, some fruit and water. Tonight I have to make some garden soup to bring for lunch tomorrow. I'm not really a salad fan, so wouldn't mind a bowl of soup with my lunch tomorrow.

Have a good week. Cheers.

sweet tooth 11-13-2001 12:50 PM

OK, I'm back again... Is anybody else out there?

Managed another day OP. Just 2 1/2 days left until the buffet. I'm trying to be sooo good til then.

I am actually posting this morning because I read an article last night about the importance of drinking a lot of water. The article is by Kathie Smith and I am including an excerpt. Jo, this one is for you (hehehe).

"When we stay properly hydrated, we have more energy, an improved sense of well-being, greater stamina and endurance during physical activity and better digestion and elimination (one of the most common causes of constipation is dehydration). Good hydration also tends to reduce overeating, since people often grab something to eat when they actually need something to drink."

It also explains to me why my cravings stopped after I drank a bottle of seltzer the other night. I'm going to have to try that one again.

Hope everyone is having a good week and staying with their weight loss program. If not, this is a good day to start again.

Cheers,

Jello 11-14-2001 08:23 AM

Gee Peggy, looks like it's just you and me. Where'd everyone else go do you suppose??? :?:

I've heard that before about the water and how you can think you're hungry when you're actually thirsty. Sometimes it seems to work for me, sometimes not. Trouble is I don't eat because I'm hungry and that's why I end up feeling really stuffed and sick instead of just satisfied.

Speaking of water, yesterday I had a full bottle (it holds about 3 cups) and it was 2:00 so I told myself (mini-goal) that I was going to empty this bottle by 2:30 and then refill it. Well, I got busy and when I looked again it was 2:25 and I still had a full bottle. So I drank it ... in 4 minutes and had a minute to spare. I mentioned it to a coworker who immediately said he knew where I'd be running to soon. :lol:

Made the mistake of getting on my scale this morning and had one of those "...but I didn't eat anything wrong so why is my weight UP!?!?!?" moments. :mad: Don't you hate that? Well, I'll just have to work extra hard today ... and tomorrow ... and the next day .... Sigh.

Better run now. Thinking of trying to swing tomorrow afternoon off to run over to the local mall. I have coupons for several stores and never seem to get to this mall because there's another one closer to home (a better one). Since I'm in this part of the area only when I'm at work, I should shop while I'm here, don't you think? Sorry boss. It just makes sense that I shop instead of work. Can't be helped.

See ya Peggy! And I hope to hear from you other guys!!!! :^:
Much love, Jo.