Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 02:15 PM   #1  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default ~~The Thin Group "Till Thanksgiving" Challenge~~

Hey all you Thinsters,
Now that Labor Day is over some of us wanted to have a new challenge so I thought that since the holidays are coming and I usually do fairly well until Thanksgiving hits and than for some reason I tend to fall apart. So I thought that we could use this challenge to lose some of our weight so than when the holidays hit we could see how hard we worked and it might keep us on track during those merry days.

So here you go, now let's see how long is it till Thanksgiving? Gee I don't even know what day it will be this year. Anyone know? Is there about 10 weeks or so till than???

Well I only have this computer calender and it doesn't say so help me out guys. How long do we have till Thanksgiving? Is it the 22nd or the 29th of November?

So for me I want to lose 10 lbs, that is about a pound a week which is doable to me.

ANY OTHER TAKERS??? COME ON AND JOIN IN-WE CAN DO THIS!!!! WE NEED THIS TO KEEP US ON THE STRAIGHT AND AND NARROW. I AM SURE WE COULD ALL USE THIS CHALLENGE SO JOIN IN!

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 09-09-2001, 02:21 PM   #2  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Here I am!

Here I am Sharon - ready and willing! Thanksgiving is on the 22nd - 1 week after my daughter's wedding in Kansas! Soooooo - I am gonna stick my neck out here and go for 10 lbs! I have to really get myself going strict but I think I can do it! So can you! And, we will be able to help each other out for a few days when we come there on our way to Kansas too! Can't wait!

So, my goal for Thanksgiving is to lose 10 lbs - AND be faithful to my journaling every day (have slipped a bit up here at the cabin) and that is my key to staying on the straight and narrow!

PRESENT WT: 172 (as of 9/09)
GOAL WT: 162 (that sounds good!)
LBS TO GOAL: 10

Ok ... come on you guys!

Love, CJ
Old 09-09-2001, 04:44 PM   #3  

Default OK, I'm game...

Sassy, I'll join you in the challenge. I'm a slooooow loser ...so this will really be tough. I haven't been going to the WW meetings - but really want to start again. This is probably the gentle push (or shove??? ) I need.

Thanksgiving Day is my birthday. What a wonderful way to spend it...10 Pounds Lighter!

[IMG]c:\birthday cake.gif[/IMG]

We can do it!

Anne
Old 09-09-2001, 09:03 PM   #4  

Hi!

Count me in! 10 lbs. in 10 weeks sounds like a good goal for me.

Trish
Old 09-10-2001, 01:42 PM   #5  

I just returned from rejoining WW. So - I have an official starting point for our Thanksgiving Challenge.

Beginning Weight: 137.6 lbs
Goal Weight: 127.6 lbs

10 Pounds to Go!!!!

Anne
Old 09-10-2001, 04:24 PM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

Count me in also. I need an incentive right now to lose. I have just had a very bad week and gained 3.5#, so the motivation is welcome. Here are my stats:

PRESENT WT: 168.75 (as of 9/10)
GOAL WT: 159.75 (a challenge when I will be on vacation for part of the time)

Thanks for having these challenges. It seems that I do better if I can visualize and plan to accomplish something in the future. It turns out to be a competition with myself...and I have to win!
Old 09-11-2001, 10:05 AM   #7  
Conquering with SBD

OK, let's try this again without the typo...

PRESENT WT: 168.75 (as of 9/10)
GOAL WT: 158.75 (a challenge when I will be on vacation for part of the time)

Cheers
Old 09-11-2001, 04:06 PM   #8  

Default Canada Thanksgiving- Oct 8 check-in!

Hi guys,
We are going to do a mid-way check in on the Canadian Thanksgiving, which is about a month away. We have quite a few Thinsters from Canada whom we know and love. I think this is a great idea because that is your Thanksgiving like our U.S one and it is a special day too. So thanks so much for the idea Peggy, I appreciate any idea's since this all our group and any idea's such as this one are so appreciated. So we want everyone to check in and let us know how they are doing, but this would be like a mid-way point and so at least if you can try to post than and all let each other know-good or bad remember we want to hear and maybe we can encourage, support and motivate each other with this challenge.

I am happy with the responce to this challenge so far. CJ, Trish, anneward and sweet tooth/Peggy. Glad you joined up and hopefully we will get many more Thinsters to join in too.

Myself I had a gain of 1.6 lbs which was for 2 weeks and of course I was happy it wasn't more with my West Virginia mountain weekend. But I am sure it was much more but I have really been working to do damage control. So I have been trying this past week to get back on track and I am thankful that I did.

So anyways I am happy to just take that small gain for me. I will work at getting it off next week and than some.

So remember Oct 8th-Canada's Thanksgiving be there or be square, if not before.

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 09-12-2001, 12:54 PM   #9  
CJ

Default checking in ...

Just got back from WW up north here for my weigh-in and the results are: 1/2 lb down!

BEGINNING WT: 172 (as of 9/09)
PRESENT WT: 171 1/2
GOAL WT: 162
LBS LOST: 1/2
LBS TO GOAL: 9 1/2

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Love, CJ
Old 09-19-2001, 09:33 PM   #10  

Hi, friends.

I went to the WW meeting today..and the news wasn't great. I've put on .6 lb...so now my goal is to lose 10.6 pounds by Thanksgiving.

Some good did come out of this, though. I've started doing a food journal - as of today! The journal will help keep me honest.

So...
last week's weight was 137.6

AND

this week's weight is 138.2!

Anne
Old 09-26-2001, 09:12 AM   #11  

Hi guys,
I have been doing really good lately. I had lost .6 lbs two Mondays ago than this past Monday I had another 2.8 lb loss so I was very happy with that. I have been really trying to get back to where I was before with my program, exercise, journaling and drinking my water. So I will keep at it and see where this takes me.

anneward-Good for you with journaling. I too find that it is the one thing I am weak in and I am working toward doing that. Don't worry about that .6 of a lb that is really a small gain and I think if you keep at it that you will be going in the right direction.

CJ-Yaaa Carol, another 1/2 lb down for you. Keep on at it, you are doing great.

Well guys, how is everyone else doing. Good or bad, we want to support you's.

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 09-26-2001, 10:46 PM   #12  

Smile

I'm happy to report that when I weighed today at the WW meeting, I have lost 1 pound!!! I'm sooo happy. Now..all if have to do is continue to journal and find some time for exercise.

Good luck to all of you!!!
Anne
Old 10-07-2001, 02:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hey, I up to a good challenge!!

I'm going to set my goal for my wt. to be 220#. Like I said in my post, I'm normally weighing in at 230, but the dr. scales said I was at 224 1/2, so until I get a chance to double check and see, I'll just aim for a number (that will be btwn 4 1/2 to 10 lbs. I need to lose in almost two months).

I know I can...
I know I can...

Kim
Old 10-10-2001, 09:19 AM   #14  

I'm joining a little late, but I would like to work on 10lbs by Thanksgiving!!! I started on Oct 1 and haven't weighed myself (mostly for fear I haven't lost anything) That gives me 7 weeks and a little over 1 pound a week, so I might be able too. Got to start somewhere!
Love to weigh 127 by Thanksgiving!
Old 10-10-2001, 09:36 AM   #15  
CJ

Default checking in ...

Just checking in here girls ... have not lost any more - still the same as last time. But, after getting off program since our tragedy in Sept .. I am slowing getting back OP again. Maybe next week will have something to report.

Welcome Kokika! Boy, it would feel good to you to get down to 127 for Thanksgiving and it would feel good to me just to get to 127 again - period! LOL Good luck - you can do it!

Well, later...

Love, CJ
Closed Thread