Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:41 PM   #151  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Cindy - we only hired our ceremony musicians a month before the wedding - now THAT was behind. You have plenty of time to work that out.

Can't wait to see photos of the dress!

We did our final fitting, the dresses were all pressed and pretty:

My sister is flying out today, our bachelorette is tomorrow night, and my sister's shower is on Sunday. Then I have just one more day of work (two if I get slammed, but I am officially on vacation starting Tuesday) and the true wedding madness begins!

or, in other words, Holy Smokes, I'm getting married in 8 days!
Old 04-13-2007, 01:44 PM   #152  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

WOW, mandalinn, that came up fast--and I'm not even involved! 8 days...aside from all the stress and worry and planning and fitting and verifying, you must be so excited!!

I'm going to a friend's bachelorette party in 2 weeks--does that count for anything? She's getting married on May 5th--Cinco de Mayo, baby! I thought that was a really fun and cool idea. Lots of margaritas at her reception!
Old 04-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #153  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Ack, Mandalinn! a week! You must be thrilled and jittery and super-excited.

Well, I have a dress. These pictures are really awful, but I am very happy. It's so ME. It has a small sweep train. I'll post better pictures later when I am not taking them myself, hehe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg April and gown 041.jpg (12.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg April and gown 042.jpg (10.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg April and gown 051.jpg (9.8 KB, 37 views)
Old 04-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #154  

Your dress is beautiful! Congrats on finding one you love! I can't wait to see the rest of it
Old 04-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #155  
Moderating Mama

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...2/IMG_0038.jpg

Ehem.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #156  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

hehe, looks like fun
Old 04-16-2007, 10:13 AM   #157  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

mandalinn – Your dress looks so lovely, and fits perfectly I see! Looks like you had a good time at your bachelorette, y’all are just adorable. You are just days away now, you must be exploding with excitement.

Christine – You must be so happy you found your dress, I love that neckline.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:28 PM   #158  
Lovin' Zumba!

Christine, your dress is lovely! So glad you found something you liked! Fingers crossed for me that I like mine when it gets here!

I picked out my wedding band this weekend - I only changed my mind a million times, but finally found something that I thought went well with my e-ring. It's a beaded-set yellow gold band, with milligrain edges and engraving on all other surfaces. 9 small diamonds across the finger. I saw it in white gold, which looks very different with diamonds than yellow does, so I hope it looks ok. Very old-fashioned looking though, which is what I wanted.

And, DF found an ArtCarved band which he liked, so we're making progress in that area as well! Just need to check a few things before finalizing for him.

Mandalinn - couldn't open your photo here on my work machine, but will look at it at home tonight. You must be so excited - it's just a few short days to go!
Cindy
Old 04-16-2007, 04:01 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Hi,

I am so excited reading this thread I've just read all 11 pages in 20 minutes!! Your weddings all sound amazing and your dresses are beautiful! We're getting married in Warwick (the Uk one!) on November 9th and it's all booked up
We are marrying here, with the reception here and I shall be wearing this which will look a lot better once I've dropped another 15lbs!!

I hope you don't mind me joining in, but to be able to talk about weight loss and weddings is fantastic. I'm so impressed with the little touches (favours/ hand rolled soaps etc..) which you don't seem to see as much emphasis on over this side of the pond

Velveteen- I've been to Lindos on Rhodes (which is where I think one of the major wedding destinations is, at St Paul's Bay, at the foot of where the Acropolis is meant to have stood- if my history is right) and it was so beautfiul.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #160  
Moderating Mama

Clareh - Welcome! I -love- the detail work, its like crack for me, honestly...I thrive on details!

I absolutely LOVE Maggie Sottero dresses! They are so gorgeous and fit so beautifully. My sister is wearing one for her wedding in July. And what a gorgeous pair of sites! It is going to be gorgeous, I am sure.

Everyone keeps being amazed at how calm I am. And I am, really, quite calm. I don't know if I burned out on stress early or am just well prepared, but we are less than a week away and I'm just excited.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #161  

Thanks for the welcome Mandalinn.

I love my Maggie dress. I tried on quite a few which 'hung' off me- I'm a very busty apple shape and clearly have a body made for corsets!! Every one I tried on was flattering and it was just finding the one which I liked the best (I thought it would be a real trial getting dresses when you don't have the best body image but I felt lovely).

I think that if you're calm now, that's likely to be the way forward- the big stuff is done (and the small stuff by the sounds of it) I'm sure that you are really, really well prepared- if the soaps are handrolled already then there's not a lot more to do!! How exciting- you two will be so gorgeous!!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:55 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Hi! You guys sound awesome!

Amanda, I can completely relate to your OCD- and clumsiness! I have almost the total wedding planned a year in advance and I did not plan before the proposal- I was really superstitious about it, actually.

I'm getting married March 29, 2008 and have decided to start getting back to the size/weight I was when we started dating. Ah, love...

Ballz, our wedding ceremony will be pretty traditional- we are total fogeys. At the end of the day, we decided we want the same words said at our wedding that people have been staying married to for generations. It made it one less decision we had to make, too You'll know the poem when you see it!

My favorite bridal magazine so far has been The Bride and Bloom. I think it's new and I got my ideas for color scheme and flowers there. Has anyone else found a great wedding info source?

Last edited by Lafayette; 04-16-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:30 AM   #163  

Mandalinn- is it one day to go now???? Have a woderful day!

I'm going to see a florist at lunchtime to try and eke out my tiny floral budgets. My Easter pounds have come off now so I am feeling good about getting into my dress next week at the trial.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:14 AM   #164