Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 05:16 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Weight Loss and Chitchat #240.

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #2  

Afternoon ladies....

Not feeling good today at all so I called in to work.

Just wanted to pop in and read up....saw that we needed a new thread started.

I think I'll go back to the couch now.

I will catch up when I start feeling better.

Hugs to all!!
Old 03-14-2007, 10:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Does anyone have a good recipe for lasagna using eggplant instead of pasta? I heard someone mention it in a meeting but they never went into detail.

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2007, 11:13 PM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Evening ladies- We got home yesterday after a looong day in the air. We usually fly direct, but couldn't find any, so had a lay-over in Houston. DH was sick, so didn't make for a good day. Then we got into Indy during rush hour traffic. Thank goodness for DD who used to drive in that every day...she came to pick us up.
Today I slept late. Then mopped all the tile floors. Mom swiftered all of the floors last night. I washed two loads of laundry, dusted the house and got everything un-packed and put away. Quite a chore after a 3 month vacation. DH and I walked, just a mile today, but will do better after I am rested. I even managed to find enough groceries in the house to cook a meal tonight...gotta grocery shop tomorrow. AND I have to find someone to cut my hair....I thought I wanted to let it grow out, but one warm day and I am ready to lose it. If I sweat the least bit my hair curls...which means my bangs flip up when it is too long. Geesh...what we women go through.
Anyway...I will be bothering you more now since my computer here is so much better. And I will be bothering you to report on my new eating plan...starting MON. I promised DH we could go to Cracker Barrel once before we start. He has had a 3 month withdrawel from gravy and biscuits. I am already going sweet and salty snacks free...so by Mon. that won't be a problem. I must admit I am really getting nervous about saying I will start a plan...I don't usually do well...and I did gain over the winter. I have tried and failed so much....even though I like walking and have done lots of that. *big sgh*
You all are doing so super I just want to give you a round of applause.
YAY! YAY for the Jaded Ladies!!
Love ya'll...talk later
Old 03-15-2007, 12:36 AM   #5  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....nothing new on this end. just trying to get a quick post in here before heading to bed. tomorrow is the big day with the ultrasound. Tommy had to call into work on Wednesday because Tuesday night on his way home, the driver's side front wheel blew out four miles south of home. so he had to get a tow truck to come get him, and then he had to call into work. that is all taken care of so we will feel better about that.

other then that....nothing really new here.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #6  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies!

Sue--Glad to see you are home safely and after all that you actually got a mile walk in! You are superwoman!!

Marti--I hope you are feeling better today. About that packing...I heard once that if everyone packed up and moved every 3 years, even if they just circled the block with the moving van and moved back into their old house, that would be the only way to stay on top of all the junk that we seem to hord.

Judy--I wanted to try curves once but I work three 12 hr shifts a day and don't get home till 8 at night and curves is only open till 8 in my area so I could only use it about 2 days a week. Not work the $$$ for me. I have a gym in my basement but still don't use it like I should.

Jane--Have you seen a doc about your shoulder yet? Geez, doesn't it feel like our bodies are falling apart a little more each year. I'll turn 50 the end of the this year and my brain still thinks I'm 35 but some days my body feels like 75. I settle on feeling and looking 40. Now, where is my fairly godmother to wave that wand!!

Tina--WTG on the weightloss!!!

Jodi--We are having the same weather pattern as you. Are you sure that you don't live in Maryland!!

Cristina--Wow you lost 2 lbs with all the packing and moving stuff going on!! I would have been snacking on all the wrong things under all that stress. You are truly my hero this week!! When is moving day? I forgot.

Jen--I've have only been around for a short time and only get to post a few times a week. While I read all the post, I will make short notes on a pad as to what is going on with a particular person to remind me what to respond about. I couldn't possible remember everyone and everything that is going on but I am getting better. You will soon remember who is preggie (Mindee), who is moving (Sue, Cristina, Marti wants to) who is not feeling well (Marti, Jane) etc. You'll figure it all out soon, don't give up on us!!

Katiecat--Radial nerve surgery, huh?? Ouch! I hope it works for you this time. I thought I was the queen of double surgeries, I've had two cervical decompressions on my neck, 3 carpel tunnels, 2 nasal septal. Only want plastic surgery now!!

Mindee--good luck with the ultrasound today!! Think Pink!!

Sassy--I lurk alot also. Mostly at work. I don't have time to post, nor do I want anyone looking over my shoulder in a busy nurses's station. And sometimes I'm just too tired at night after a long shift. I do try to keep up with all the post, just to keep informed. So I'm always here even if I don't show up in a post.

Another gorgeous day today but it is supposed to get rainy, windy and colder later this evening. I'm going to take the boys (my dogs) out for another long walk today before the bad weather hits. I've been busy cleaning off all my countertops. Contractor is coming today between 1-4 to do measurements and then I get installed next thurs!! I found some cabinet pulls on ebay so I ran to Home Depot yesterday and bought 3 different pulls that were similar to the ones on ebay and I'll try them on the cabinets, return them back to Home Depot and them order them off ebay. Sounds like a lot of trouble, but I'd rather know that they will look like on the cabinets. And they are half the $$$!

I have avoided the scale for 2 weeks and have been a very bad girl. On top of that my TOM is due any day. Well, I finally got the nerve to step on that dreaded scale and I am exactly the same weight. Didn't lose or gain. I was totally pleased. Gotta step it up, only four months to my Myrtle Beach vacation!!

Have a wonderful day ladies!
Old 03-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Quick check in here ~

Sue ~ glad you are starting fresh! Last time I lost all my weight and went on a trip to Virginia we ate at Cracker Barrel. They don't have them here in Cali. And we loved it so much. I actually was able to not gain and eat that but I was hitting the treadmill every morning and as a tourist walking tons...so it didn't kill me but yum! You can get right back at it ~ what would be scary is if you ignored it and never tried. So just do it and hang out with us and you will be motivated I'm sure!

Mindee ~ can't wait to hear all about the sonagram! Very exciting

Tammy ~ thanks for the congrats on my loss....i'm in great spirits right now...hope to keep this motivaiton alive.

Everyone ~ I got a new toy yesterday. It's suppose to be an investment but we love it. It's a BMW Roadster. Little black convertable. RRRRRR...stick shift! Wow ~ what a little kid I am. But then you should see my hubby drive it....yikes!

Today I must eat food not replacement bars. I've been so busy it's all i've had time to get in much. So although it's not cheating it's not enough and I want protein! So today for lunch i'm having sirloin burgers!

Tina
Old 03-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/223/130

hello everyone.hope everyone is doing great.I haven't been around lately because i was sick.Today i'm back at the old routine.I'm looking forward to weigh in this week.usually when i maintain one week ,i have a good loss the next week.I am getting closer to getting out of the 220's and it will be a great day when i finally get out of the 200's. Hopefully my tae bo dvds will arrive this week.I am so anxious to get started on them.Take care and have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hi gals, just a quick one today. Caylin and I went shopping. I love all the new spring clothes, but didn't buy too much. Just a couple of things. I have a meeting later, and in the meantime much catch up with some bookwork. Then later tonight we have Gina's party, and Mackenzie the 2nd grader is spending the night. I'm sending St. Pat's Day cookies for her class at school tomorrow.

Have a good one!
Old 03-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Finally taking a break from the packing and thought I better check in. Geez, I can't believe the garage is almost full. We took almost everything out of the basement except DD's room, the treadmill and the computer and desk so it's weird to be so empty. And almost everything is packed on the main floor so will be easy to just get the furniture out with nothing in the way. I am getting anxious and excited but at the same time it doesn't seem real for some reason. I guess we didn't really expect to be moving so soon, yet at the same time it seems like we've been here forever. Anyway, I will be glad when it is all over and I am in my new house, woohoo!

MICHELLE...thank you so much! You are a sweetie for noticing. Normally, I don't mention a weight loss, just change the ticker and it's done. How are you doing today? I know how you are missing your mom, lots of hugs to you. And...I love your new avatar! I like them all though.

MARTI...WTG on the 1 pound! You're doing great! I think you are right too! Packing is the worst part of moving for sure. I told Vince we should have listed the house as furnished...everything stays! Then we could really start over with new furniture and all, lol! If only I will keep my fingers crossed that you and James find a nice home in the area you guys like. I truly am excited for you guys! And...I hope you get to feeling better soon.

MINDEE...thinking PINK for you! Let us know how the sonogram/ultrasound goes.

JULES...glad you had fun at the baby shower and that she got lots of stuff! I enjoy going to babyshowers but have only been to a few, maybe four or five. About like weddings...haven't been to many of them either and I enjoy them. Hope you are having a great day!

TAMMY...you must have a HUGE kitchen! I meant to say something about it when I read about your $8500 countertops, yikes! But I bet it will be soooo nice when done. Did you guys go with granite? Hopefully, you like the pulls...nothing like saving a buck or two. Moving day is the 21st in the evening since we have two different closing that day. We will still get in a full day of moving though, ugh. Going to be one tired puppy.

JANE...as I mentioned to Tammy, closing is the 21st and we will have a truck loaded to go once we are done with that. We have until noon Friday the 23rd to be out of the house. But we plan on being done with all the moving by Thursday evening and then me and V will come back early Friday and do the final cleaning. Is it Gina's BD? Guess I missed it somewhere. Glad your shoulder is better.

QUESTION:I want to leave a little welcome gift for the new homeowners and was thinking either a fruit basket, or some candy, cookies or flowers. What do you ladies think would be best, if it were you moving into a new home? I know nothing about the people moving in so.

4AMY...I'm with some of the others on not losing. For me maintaining is just as hard as losing. so even though it's frustrating because we want to see a loss...it's so much better than gaining. No one wants a gain. Hope you are feeling much better.

HIYA SASSY...another THANK YOU for the cute card! A very much appreciated card.

SUE...I bet you guys are so happy to be home. And enjoying your new home again! WOW, you have done a lot since getting home. Flying tires me out and I don't want to do anything once I get home except relax...hope you guys are able to.

JODI...love the picture/avatar of you! It's always nice to put a face to a name. Of course I already saw one of you but this must be a new one as your hair is different. The both look nice though! Glad your mom noticed your WL...it is a great feeling when others notice your loss. WTG on the walking too! Wow, I am impressed! You are doing great! I've not seen a recipe for the eggplant lasagna but I will keep an eye out for one. I have heard of it before and saw one a while back but can't remember where.

MARYKATE...so glad to hear about your arm and the improvement. I know you have been in a lot of pain for such a long time. I hope this surgery was the one.

HI to everyone else VANN, TINA, JEN, JUDY, KARIN and anyone I may have missed. It's a little crazy trying to play catch up after being gone a few days. Afraid it won't get any better though until after we get moved and settled in.

The exercise has been good. Took a break from it yesterday and went to see Wild Hogs...it was a nice get away and funny! Was going to walk a mile today but since spending so much time here I think I will pass and do it the rest of the week. Feeling sleepy for some reason. Anyway...

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone is having a good day!

Lots of hugs,
Old 03-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 209

Height: 5'4"

Default eggplant lasagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandmom1011 View Post
Does anyone have a good recipe for lasagna using eggplant instead of pasta? I heard someone mention it in a meeting but they never went into detail.

Thanks!
This may not be super low calorie, but it is good. Basically, you slice the eggplant into about 1/4 to 1/3 inch slices (top to bottom best). Salt the eggplant and stack it up and put a bunch of heavy plates on top of the top slice to weight it down. Wait 20 minutes for the excess water to run out of the eggplant. You then wipe the excess salt off of the egg plant with paper towels. Then you dip the eggplant in a beaten egg mixture and fry like you are making french toast. Use the eggplant just like you would lasagna noodles and layer with sauce, ricotta cheese, mozarella, etc. You could probably try grilling the eggplant slices in the oven rather than the egg batter and frying, but this is the traditional way to do it.

Ammama (mother's mother or gramma)
Old 03-15-2007, 07:09 PM   #12  
ugggg.....

Anmama--have you got a recipie for eggplant patties--my mil makes really good ones but keeps "forgetting" to give me the recipie

Cristina--DH and I want to see Wild Hogs. DS went to see 300 and loved it--he was always into Greek Mythology. I'd like to see the new Sandra Bullock one Premonition. My poor niece has a month to go and she is miserable--she has dropped a little but not much and everyone is telling her that she will probably go early--I told her the baby will come when it's ready and don't count on it being early. DD & I are taking her to get a pedicure and out for lunch after baby.I got her a really cute after baby top at JC Penney's--it one of the 70 looking ones that kind of look like maternity wear that are everywhere this season.

Jane--DD and I went shopping yesterday--I got a new pair of jeans and two tops and she got lots of cute clothes. How's the shoulder?

4amy--good luck with the taebo!!

Tina--one of the younger girls at work has a little convertable Miata that she absolutely loves!!

sz2atheart--DD wants to go to Myrtle Beach this summer

Mindee--waiting see a little blue or pink ribbon on your ticker!! Glad DH didn't get hurt when the tire blew!!

Sue--I worked Cracker Barrel as a second job until I hurt my knee ibn the motorcycle accident--the food is soo good, but DH teased that I spent most of my paycheck in the gift shop!!

Marti--Hope your feeling better!!

Sassy--I miss your morning posts!!!!

Katie--sorry you are still having trouble with your hand!!

Hi to everyone else!! My brother had surgery on his back today--he got a disc fused--Mom called to tell me that he is fine and should be in a room by 8 tonight!!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #13  

Christina ~ how about some great smelling candles! I love candles and maybe like some flowers or a plant or something? I just love that kind of stuff myself... So Wild Hogs is good? I need to see a good movie soon!

Boy Jane are you a busy lady! I couldn't bake cookies right now or I'd eat them all....that's probably the most tempting thing I can do.

Tina
tty all later
Old 03-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #14  

Jules~ I will try and post a picture of my new car as soon as I can. It's makes me feel like a hot chick! hahaha! Me and my buddy drove around in it today with the top down....and we had a blast. I told her same time tomarrow! We'll be well known in this little town as the hot mamas in the hot car! LOL! Well, it goes right along with the way I've been feeling since starting this weight loss thing.

I better go eat something....I've just been tooooo excited. LOL! Tty all later!

tina
Old 03-15-2007, 09:30 PM   #15  

Hello gals....

Just another quick one. Still feeling "blah". Tummy troubles and it sure doesn't make a work day any good!!

Anyway...just wanted to pop in and say hello. I will be back to post individuals when I feel better. Hopefully this weekend.

Take Care
Closed Thread